The Prince (Harry Styles)

By amandaJtommo

Book #1 in the Kingdom of Ula Series In the kingdom of Ula, Prince Harry has come of age to look for his ne... More

Before You Read
World Confusion
To My New Readers....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
2019 Acknowledgments

Chapter 15

119K 2.6K 3.2K
By amandaJtommo

Yay for longest post I've ever posted!

EDIT (November 2015): Thank you everyone for informing me of how long the chapters were...98 pages, etc. I apologize for this. I was a naive nineteen-year-old. I am twenty-one now, and realize this mistake.

EDIT (June 2019): HOW DID I EVEN MANAGE TO WRITE 10K IN ONE DAY?! I can barely manage 1,000. **sobs into keyboard**

________________________________________________________

I woke up the following morning around five. I could hear the neighbors waking up outside the window above mine and Harry's bed. I looked over to him as I sat up and noticed he was still in a deep slumber. He was probably tired from all the traveling yesterday, he also met a lot of new people. I was anxious to see what kind of things my father would have him do for the farm, I was curious at how he would react to what we do. 

I stood up and walked over to my suitcase and pulled an outfit for the day out and changed into it silently so I didn't wake up Harry. I ran my fingers through my hair and threw it up into a bun on the top of my head quickly. 

I went to the small kitchen and grabbed a bucket and walked outside to the well. I saw a bunch of other women there, including Mum and Lucas. So he was mum's little helper, I figured as much. He was always my favorite brother, and with reason.

"Morning mum," I smiled  walking up behind her and Lucas.

"Morning, sleep well?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Just wake up?"

"Yes," Mum nodded. "Your father doesn't believe you're back in town, wait until he sees Prince Harry coming to help him."

"I know, I look forward to seeing Harry do manual labor," I laughed. "The most I've seen him do is guard duty. That is it, nothing more than that," I smiled. "I am looking forward to spending the day with you, mum."

"And I'm looking forward to spending the day with Dad," Lucas stated with the biggest fake smile as he clapped his hands together. "The past few weeks have been the most joyous weeks of my life, Emmie. No dad for this guy."

"Any wife of yours will love you because you know how to cook," Mum smiled patting Lucas on the cheek. "You making the usual for breakfast?"

"Yes," I nodded. "I think he needs the whole experience," I laughed thinking of home made hash browns and eggs with a glass of milk. "He hasn't experienced Ula until he's had breakfast here."

"Hopefully he won't mind the splurge of pepper," Mum smiled to me.

"He's a pepper addict, too," I smiled. Lucas took the pail from mum and walked over to the well and lowered it down filling it with water. When he brought it back up, he took mine and did the same for me. 

"Where are you staying?" Lucas asked.

"Mr. and Mrs. Julienne's old house," I said. "So not too far from here."

"Good, because then I won't have to carry it far," Lucas laughed as we walked down the dirt roads together. "Do you like him?"

"I do," I nodded with a smile. "He's a gentleman and he intrigues me. I'm actually learning to read."

"Oh, how wonderful," My mother sighed. "I do wish I could've taught you but with as many boys as we have, well... I'm afraid there just wasn't enough time in the day."

"It's okay," I smiled. "His sister gave me one of those computer things and there is a program on it that helps you learn to read. It's fun, but makes me feel as if I'm five years old."

"That's alright, you're learning," Mum said. "Oh, here's you, Emerald," Mum said pointing to the little house Harry and I were sharing together. Lucas and I quietly walked in the house, he placed the bucket in the kitchen area and then gave me a hug.

"See you in a few hours," he whispered knowing Harry was still fast asleep. I kissed my brother's cheek and watched him leave me alone in the house. I got a bowl from the cupboard and began slicing the potatoes into fine pieces.

"Morning," a groggy voice greeted. I turned around to see Harry walking out of the bedroom rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast, what else?" I laughed looking back at him. "You still had another hour to sleep."

"Kids next door woke me up," he sighed. "They're playing outside or something, couldn't sleep with that in my ear."

"I woke up to banging pots and pans," I laughed. "I still need to go get some eggs from my mum for breakfast."

"I can do that," he said pecking my cheek. "I'll get dressed first."

I nodded going back to peeling and cutting the potatoes. About halfway through this potato, I realized I forgot to start the fire in the fireplace. Cursing to myself, I went out back and grabbed a few pieces of wood and put them in the fireplace. I sat down on the stool and took the matched sliding them over the parchment setting it on fire and then tossing it on the pile of wood. I gently fanned the pile waiting for it to catch fire.

"You need help first?" Harry asked. I turned to look at what he was wearing to make sure he didn't have too nice of clothes on.

He didn't. He had a black t-shirt on that cut off on his upper biceps revealing his small tattoos running down his left arm. He also had ripped jeans and dirty boots on. A cross necklace hung from his neck and an olive green scarf was wrapped around his head pushing his hair back. I questioned the hair band, but other than that, he looked good.

"No, I'm uh— I'm good, you just go get three eggs," I smiled.

"Three? Should I get one more in case you're still hungry?"

"No, I'll be fine, three is fine," I smiled to him, his green eyes meeting my blue ones. I noticed the slight frown on his face as he stared at me, but he nodded and walked out of the house in three long strides.

I turned back to the fire that still hadn't begun burning steadily. There was a small flame, but I didn't want to waste all of our matches on getting the fire started. I made a mental note to keep the fire going, even during the night. I then went back to doing potatoes after the fire had started crackling.

I heard the door open and Harry came back, a white feather sticking out from the top of his head. I giggled from my spot by the counter where the potatoes were still being peeled. He came over to the counter and handed me four eggs.

"For what it's worth, battling chickens is fucking hard," he sighed leaning against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest, his right hand running over his tattoos. "I thought battling invaders was hard, clearly they haven't fought mother hens."

"First off, these are unfertilized," I noted. "Second, Lucas told you to just grab didn't he?"

"Yeah..."

"He's a twat," I laughed. "Next time ask my mum to show you."

"I got it figured out by the fourth egg! There was no way I was stopping at three eggs after being pecked alive!" He exclaimed with a laugh. "Do you want some help?"

"I'm good, Harry," I smiled to him as I put the remainder of the potatoes in the bowl. "Seriously, I'm fine."

"I feel bad for not helping," he said bouncing on his feet. "I feel as if I should be doing something."

"It's not your job," I said sitting in front of the fire putting the cast iron skillet on the rack and putting some oil in there. I placed the bowl on the counter so I could grab the mortar to grind pepper to put on the potatoes and eggs. 

"I know it's not, but I feel as if I should be helping you," he said wrapping his arms around my waist. "I mean, you're feeding the both of us, but it's just— me not helping you is not sitting right with me."

"Welcome to the way I grew up," I laughed. 

"So women were required to do this kind of stuff? Cooking and cleaning?" he asked.

"Yes," I nodded going back to the fire and placing the potatoes on the pan. I grabbed a spatula and mushed them down getting them crispy. I grabbed a small handful of pepper and sprinkled it on. The whole time I did this, I could feel Harry's eyes watching me. 

"Yes, Harry?"

"Nothing," He laughed still watching me. "I am just intrigued by your being... all working woman."

"Working woman?" I laughed. "This is hardly work."

"It looks and smells wonderful," he said coming over to me and pressing his lips against mine gently. "You look stunning."

"I do not," I scoffed. "I'm wearing a dirty handmade gown that Mrs. Julienne's daughter used to wear."

"Mrs.—"

"The woman who used to live here, they moved to her brother's house since they couldn't afford to live here anymore. That is why there was still some clothes here," I said to him. His lips were tickling my neck as he left peppered kisses. "Stop! I'll burn the food. Plus, you need to be at my parents house by seven."

"What time is it now?"

"Around six," I said to him. "I have a lot to do, though. Could you see if the milk delivery has arrived?"

"Yeah," he nodded and walked out to the front porch. "It's here!" 

"Bring it in then," I called back as I stood up bringing the hot pan to the counter.

I grabbed a potholder and placed the pan on top of it. I grabbed one of the large plates and slid the food onto a place and covered it with a bowl as I returned back to the fire with the frying pan. 

"H, how do you like your eggs?"

"Not sunny," he said placing the milk bottles on the counter. "I hate sunny."

"Scrambled then?"

"Sounds fine," he nodded walking back over to me. 

I took all four eggs and cracked them into the pan covering them in salt and pepper. I went extra heavy on the pepper though, it was how we both liked them. I finished the eggs quickly and as I was standing up, Harry grabbed two plates from the cupboard to serve the food on. I smiled thankfully to him and split the eggs in half serving them on both plates. I placed the hot plate in the basin and then served the warm potatoes. Harry grabbed both plates as soon as I finished serving and placed them on the table putting a bottle of milk in front of each plate.

"You didn't need to help me," I said crossing my arms. "Besides, I am technically not supposed to eat breakfast with you, I'm supposed to clean first."

"Well," Harry said walking over to me and sliding his arms between my waist. "I won't have that. If I am technically the man of this house, I would require my lady to dine with me no matter the cleanliness of the kitchen. It's a must."

"Why is that, Mr. Styles?" I asked with an amused look on my face.

"Because I for one hate eating alone. You are a great person to keep company," he smiled and leaned forward pressing our lips together. "Come, before breakfast gets cold. We don't want your hard work going to waste."

"Yeah, cold eggs are not my favorite," I stated with my nose scrunched up.

"No, they're not good," he said sitting down in one of the chairs. "I feel as if I could get used to this. The whole idea of living here with literally nothing."

"Try saying that when you have no money," I said pointedly. "It's not fun, I hear my parents argue about financial issues all the time."

"Have I told you what happens to your family when we marry?" he asked taking in a spoonful of eggs.

"When? I think the question is if," I laughed picking at my potatoes. The thought of marrying the glorious boy before me enthralled me, it made butterflies flutter within my stomach at the thought of sharing my life with this boy. But I'm not in love with him yet. I can't be, I barely have gotten to know him.

"Anyways," he said waving his hands about. "When we marry, your family would move to a special area of the two's. Basically, that area is so we know who is our family and we don't mix into them for romantic interests. I have cousins I've never met there. But my point is, they get everything they need via us, their electricity and plumbing. All they need to work for is grocery."

"What jobs do they typically have?"

"Whatever they want," he smiled. "Some are photographers, writers, booksellers. Xander, the bookseller we went to, he's my sixth cousin."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you couldn't see the resemblance?" he asked with a laugh. "No, his however many great grandfather was my father's however many great grandfather's brother. That is all I know. His name is Xander Styles."

"It's still so weird to think that you have a last name," I laughed.

"Is it?" he asked taking a swig of his milk. "Why?"

"Because as far as everyone here is concerned, your name is Harry, just Harry."

"Well, I'm not just Harry to you then, am I?"

"No, I'm afraid not Mr. Styles," I said leaning on the table smiling at him.

"I like when you call me that," he whispered. "It's...sexy."

"Well, sexy, you better get going to my house."

"I'll help you clean up, I still have thirty minutes," he said gathering the dishes. "You just need to tell me what to do."

"Are you sure you want to help? I don't mind doing it on my own," I said grabbing the soup kettle. "Really, I mean it."

"I want to help, marriage is supposed to be about sharing, right? I know we're not married, but sharing is part of it. You may be living with me until I am buried in the ground, so you'll have to get used to me badgering you about me helping."

"Fine," I laughed. "You can warm this on the fire. Ten minutes."

"Is that it?"

"You don't want to burn your hands washing dishes do you?" I asked.

"No," He blushed. "I do like this independence thing here. No one to get me dressed or force me to sit in the throne room for a few hours. I hate throne room."

"I know," I laughed. "Whatever will you do when you become king?"

"Have the citizens send letters," he laughed. "It's so boring because it's all the same fucking thing. Too poor, buy my chicken? I understand financial issues are a burden, but please, for the love of God, the answer is no. My father's answer will remain no, so why do you keep coming back?"

"Are you talking about Mac Flanagan?" I asked.

"Yes!" He laughed lifting the pot up and pouring the water into the basin. "You've noticed?"

"He was there every time I was in the throne room with his dang chicken. I think it's the same one as well."

"I think so too," Harry laughed. "But I mean, honestly, if my father hadn't accepted his plea by now, I would have given up."

"Me too," I laughed. "I'm not as patient as Mac Flanagan."

"He's earned a nickname in the palace, though."

"What is it?" I laughed.

"My sister came up with it," he said chuckling.

"Of course she did."

"Hey! This is funny," he said and cleared his throat. "Smack Flanadown."

"That is just cruel," I laughed covering my mouth.

"Yet you're laughing."

"Because it's not that good," I said scrubbing the last dish. "Want to put these away while I empty the water basin?" 

"Yeah," he nodded as I lifted the basin and carried it outside and emptied it on the lawn. 

I went to the potato bucket by the back door and grabbed one and a knife from the ledge. I walked over to the horses slicing the potato into chunks and hand feeding them. Both horses happily took the raw vegetable as they hadn't eaten in a while.

"We should probably get them some hay or something to eat," Harry said leaning against the door frame. "And carrots, I used to feed Herbert and Norman carrots all the time when I was younger."

"It that their names?" I asked looking at the two tall horses.

"Yeah, Herbert is the one trying to steal food," Harry laughed. "I should be getting to your house now."

"I'll go with you, I'm meeting my mum anyways," I said feeding the both of them the last of the potatoes I had. Harry and I walked through the house, I grabbed my sweater that I had hung over the chair as well as my bag. Harry was waiting for me by the front door with his arms crossed.

"Ready?"

"Yep," I nodded walking out of the door which Harry locked behind me. He held a key up to me with a close lipped smile. "What?"

"I got a lock for the door," He said waving the key in front of my face. "I don't want to lose the key."

"Put it on your necklace," I said. "I don't have pockets."

"Fine," He said reaching behind his neck and putting the silver key onto the chain and letting it fall against his cross. "I feel as if hanging a key and a cross together is wrong."

"Just go with it," I laughed. "I just don't have pockets."

"I do, but I don't want the key to fall out."

"Then don't lose the key," I said sticking my tongue out. I walked up to my parents door and opened it poking my head in.

"Can I come in?"

"Of course!" Mum smiled putting glasses of milk in front of the boys, they must have gotten up late.  "The boys are just eating breakfast, they'll be a bit."

"Looks familiar," Harry laughed bumping my waist with his. 

"That's because this is where I learned it," I laughed walking over to mum and giving her a hug.

"Prince Harry, you can sit down if you like."

"Oh no, I'm good, thank you Mrs. Price. Please, do call me Harry," He smiled to her rubbing the palms of his hands together. "I don't feel it's appropriate as I'm not in the palace." 

"So, do you and my sister have any disgustingly sweet nicknames?" Joseph asked as he chewed on his potatoes. Lucas smacked him upside the head for talking with a full mouth.

"No," Harry said with a blush.

"He's blushing ain't he, Timmy? Oh, I can't wait to hear this," Joseph laughed hi-fifing Timothy. 

"Boys," my mother warned shaking her head with a smile. "Be nice to P—Harry," she said correcting herself at the end there.

"So what is your nickname? Is it handsome? She used to call the farm cat that."

"No, she calls me Harry or H," Harry said leaning on his elbows on the back of an empty chair. "Simple."

"H? Why so boring?"

"I don't think it's boring, its better than being called by my formal, Christian name," he said simply. "I call her Em."

"You two are boring with nicknames," Joseph grumbled.

"Oh, she also calls me Mr. Styles as of recently," Harry grinned cheekily at me. "Seems to like to use that one, don't you?"

"No," I blushed with a laugh.

"Styles? Where does that come from?"

"My surname," Harry laughed. "Does no one actually know our last name?" he asked looking around the table.

"No, we just think it's Ula," Mikey said with a shrug. 

"No, horrible surname," he laughed. "The kingdom is named after a poem in case you were wondering. I do believe Em's heard it," he said nodding to me.

"Yes, I have. Your mum and sister shared it with," I nodded with a smile. "It's a beautiful poem."

"Just like his sister, eh Luke?" Joseph asked boyishly. "You like her don't you?"

"No," Lucas said glaring at Joseph. "Stop it, you twat. You're being annoying and rude."

"Why are you weird?"

"I am not weird."

"You're the one who was assigned to help mum in the kitchen."

"Because mum needed help as Emmie is staying with Harry and his family."

"Wanker," he accused.

"Joseph, that is enough," My father grumbled for the first time since we came into the house. "Boy, you ready for work today?"

"Yes, sir," Harry nodded. "I'm ready to work hard."

"Good, because we take this very seriously and if you're going to whine about your hair or getting dirty, you can stay here with the girls," He said nodding to me and Mum. 

"I brought old clothes on purpose, Mr. Price."

"What the hell is on your head?" Mikey asked out of the blue. "You look like a madman."

"It's a headband, thank you very much," Harry said. "I didn't feel like bringing my hat I normally wear when I work."

"What we are doing on the farm today is tilling the fields before winter hits. It's going to be a long day, Harry. So I hope you had a hearty breakfast," he said looking at Harry who was visibly thinner than my brothers and father despite my family having little food compared to the delicious luxuries at the palace.

"I did, Emerald made a good breakfast, Mr. Price. If I may, don't be easy on me. Just because I am from a royal background and am destined to be your king one day, doesn't mean I can't do physical work. I am here to learn, Mr. Price, not be your entertainment at my embarrassment or lack of experience. Em is not the one who talked me into this, she brought me here because I wanted to learn about the people I would be governing one day. So if you have a problem with that, then I sincerely apologize, but I am here to live like you do. I want to work for once in my life and not be handed everything. I may not agree with some things you do in your household, but I am here to learn what it is like to be hungry and know what I can improve when I take the throne from my father in a year or two."

My jaw dropped along with most of the boys. I never did expect Harry to put my father out of all people in his place. I mean, I knew Harry disliked my father based on what I had told him previously, but I didn't think he would hold that against my father, but he is. I could see hatred in Harry's eyes, he despised my father for what he had said to me.

"I will not have a stranger, Prince or no prince, speak to me in that manner, boy!"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Price, but in case you forget, I am still above you no matter where I am. This may be your house, but this is my land. I am your prince, and you will not forget it. You can call me by my title, only you because I hate what you have done to your daughter. Women are to be treated with the utmost respect, Mr. Price, you have literally taken away everything Emerald could do with her life. You told her she is basically worthless and she will not be able to carry any children. Take a look at your breakfast tray, Mr. Price, you are eating foods that could make your daughter able to bear children. She is much healthier than she has been in a long time at the palace. I think you take your wife and daughter for granted. Your daughter is literally the most special person in my life and I don't agree with what you have done or said to her."

My mouth was now covered in surprise. I looked at my mother who had tears in her eyes at Harry's words. Yes, they were incredibly sweet, but I think his mouth may have taken him way too far. My father seemed shocked at Harry's rant and his eyes met me. 

"What are you saying, your highness?" My father asked with an annoyed tone at the title.

"I am saying that it physically hurts me to think about the things you have said to your daughter because you never wanted one. Well, I am sorry if you think of her as a goods item, but she is not a prize nor an item that can be bought. I say that because, Mr. Price, your daughter is priceless, your wife is priceless, hell, my sister is priceless. Women are not items to be bought across families, they are not burdens to you. Who would cook for you? Who would take care of you when you are ill? If you treat them like meat, then I think they should treat you the same."

"You are not seriously telling me how to run my house, your highness," My father scoffed to him. 

"I can't right now, but I can assure you, when I marry your daughter and we become your king and queen, I will throw your sorry ass into a prison cell for what you have done to her," he said standing up straight. 

"To hell you will," he scoffed.

"I can arrest you for treason right now, Mr. Price. You wouldn't dare insult the crowned prince, would you?" he asked with raised eyebrows. "I suggest you finish your cold breakfast and we'll get to work."

"You can stay with my daughter you claim to love so much, Prince Harry."

"No, despite what I have just said, I am spending my entire day in your presence, Mr. Price. I am going to work my ass off on your farm and show my people the respect they deserve."

"You don't deserve respect, you prick of a prince."

"I'm sorry, but your daughter seems to think otherwise. Do remember we have spent the majority of the last month together and she has confided in me about her life as I have done to her. Your daughter means so much to me and you may become my father-in-law one day, but I will never respect you for what you have done to that beautiful girl. You don't see your daughter for what she is and she is the most stunning girl in all the kingdom, but you won't even give your daughter the time of day. I feel sorry for you, you claim family business is the best business, but I don't see it. If it's a family business, why don't you involve your daughter in things? My sister is the strongest girl in our family, she is my father's pride and joy. Answer this, Mr. Price, why isn't she your pride and joy?"

"I—"

"You can't," Harry stated simply. "I hope she proves you wrong about the things you said about her. She will prove that she can care and provide a family," Harry said to him. "I will be more than happy to gloat to your face when that day arrives."

"H, I think that's enough," I whispered. Harry turned to face me and he must have realized he went too far because he backed away from my father.

"Prince Harry, I appreciate your comments, but I will run my house the way I wish. You may be involved with my daughter, yes, but you have to remember this is my home, not yours," My father said as calmly as he could even though I could tell he was absolutely fuming. "Now, if you are done saying how much you wish to prove me wrong, we have a farm to run. You can either come along and work hard until you feel as if your arms are on fire, or you can stay here and be the coward I believe you to be."

"I am no coward, Mr. Price," Harry said with a glare. "I will never be a coward. I've always been up to a challenge and this just proves you don't know your prince at all."

My father didn't say a word, instead he just motioned for the boys to follow him. Harry quickly came over to me and pecked my lips before he left with my father. I wouldn't have wanted to go with him because of what had just happened. I honestly would have done other things to help out, but to each is own. Harry was strong willed so he wouldn't let my father push him around. 

"He seems to like you very much," My mother grinned as she began to clean the dishes. "Maybe even love you. He didn't say he loved you, but he was pretty adamant on his marrying you in the future."

"Yeah, he is pretty convinced we'll get married," I smiled helping my mother wash the dishes. "He's...different. Good different. This morning when I was making breakfast, the whole time he helped me in the kitchen even though I said he didn't have to."

"He was raised to be a gentleman," My mother smiled. "That was very kind of him, though."

"When he came back with the chicken eggs mum, that was so funny," I laughed thinking of him with the feather still in his hair.

"I just heard the chickens going nuts in the coop, Lucas is standing outside laughing, I saw Prince Harry struggling to get eggs. Your brother is horrible," she laughed. "When he had three, he's said and I quote, 'screw this, she's getting two damn eggs!'" 

"Sounds like him," I laughed. "I said three, but he came back with four."

"Have you had breakfast?" Mum asked going back to the fire to finish making hers.

"Yes, Harry and I had breakfast together this morning," I nodded with a smile. "He was pretty insistent on eating with me as well as doing dishes with me. He's helpful."

"He'll be a good king," Mum smiled to me. "He has a heart of gold, more than his father I imagine. His father would never live amongst his people to get a grasp of what they are going through. This just proves he will be a fantastic king."

"He doubts himself too much," I vented. "He thinks he'll screw everything up. You know what he's most afraid of mum?" I asked.

"What?"

"Becoming a shit dad when the time comes," I said and she looked at me with a surprised look. "He's not worried about ruling the kingdom, but he is worried about becoming a terrible father to his kids. He is more worried about that than running a damn kingdom, mum! I don't know what that says about him."

"It says that he is a good man," she smiled. "He cares about others, he doesn't want to be like his father and clearly not like yours."

"Clearly," I laughed.

"I can see he truly does care about you," Mum smiled to me. "His eyes when he talked about you, I can't tell if you noticed, but they were so passionate. I think, if it came to it, he would die for you."

"No he wouldn't."

"So you are telling me that if you were about to be killed by an invader, he wouldn't step in front of you and take the stab just to save the love of his life?"

"I am not the love of his life," I said to her. "We've barely known each other but a month."

"You can fall in love with someone rather quickly if you care about them enough," she said to me. "He cares about you, I can see that. The way he stood up to your father proved that he loved you."

"What will happen if he does put dad in prison?"

"We'll manage," she smiled to me. "When the two of you get married, and I know you will, we will be living somewhere beautiful and we can do whatever we want."

"True," I nodded. "You'll need to provide grocery and utilities."

"Have I ever told you I used to write?" she asked. I shook my head. "I did, I used to write short stories all the time, maybe I'll be a writer. I have a lot to say about my kingdom, my Ula."

"You know the poem," I said.

"I have it memorized," she said tapping my nose. "I think the fact that the man who wrote it wanted a name for his kingdom is even more remarkable than anything I could ever imagine. He gave it the name Ula because he didn't know what to call it. He was dying and was saying he would miss his home."

"Ula is home," I repeated. "I could never leave."

"Especially not when you have the prince falling in love with you," she smiled.

"He is not falling in love with me," I blushed.

"But are you falling in love with him?" 

"I haven't known him long at all," I said to her. "I can't fall in love with someone I feel like I barely know."

"You can and you are," she said pointing a finger at me. "I can see it in your eyes. Everything you do, even where you are standing right now, you are doing for him."

I stayed quiet, thinking of what my mother had just been saying to me. I just don't think it is fully possible to fall wholly in love with someone within one month of meeting them. Maybe two or three months down the road I could fall in love, but right now, I am still getting to know his personality. Like last night, I learned he mumbles in his sleep and he likes to cuddle against something so he can fall asleep. I would never have known that if we didn't do this. I personally think it's a great thing to know these things as I may be spending the rest of my life with him. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That evening, before Harry had gotten back, I went home. Luckily I had put a bobby pin in the back of my hair so I was able to pick the lock to get back in the house. I left the hardwood door open letting the autumn breeze come through the screen door. I started dinner, just a vegetable soup, and as that cooked over the fire, I collected the dirty clothes from the bedroom deciding to wash them.

I went out in the garden and poured the water into the metal basin and placed the clothes in the water letting them soak for a bit. I grabbed the laundry soap and lathered the soap into the clothes. My mum always took care of the washing, but this was kind of nice, one of those tasks that caused you to be lost in thought as you did the chore.

"Emerald?" a cautious voice asked. "Is it you that broke into the house?"

"Yeah," I called back. "In the garden!"

The back door swung open seconds later and Harry came into the garden looking as dirty as ever. His face was caked with a layer of dirt, his hair matted against his forehead, and his black t-shirt clung to his sticky skin. He looked exhausted, and he should be. My father most likely made him work harder than my brothers just for what happened this morning.

"Long day?" I asked as he plopped himself on the ground next to me.

"Yes," he groaned rubbing his dirty hands over his upper arms. "My muscles are crying."

"You know your outburst this morning didn't help," I said looking at him.

"I figured as much when all they had to do was pull weeds and he had me pushing the tiller," He said with an eye roll. "I almost called him out on it, but I held my tongue."

"Good choice," I said twisting the water from the fabric. "I have dinner cooking right now, it should be ready in the next hour or so."

"What are we having?" he asked looking up at me.

"Vegetable soup," I said with a grin. "I may or may not have taken some vegetables from my mum's shed. They had plenty of vegetables," I laughed. 

"Okay," he nodded. "I feel so dirty."

"You are visibly the dirtiest person I've seen," I laughed standing up with the damp clothes and hanging them on the clothes line. "I can draw you a bath if you want me to. Dinner can wait."

"I'll take one after dinner," he said to me. "I just want to not move for the next hour."

"I'll not move with you," I said laying down next to him. "Are you regretting coming here?"

"No," he said looking over to me. "I think this is the best decision I could have made. It gives me an idea of what you guys do for a living, how hard it is. I was talking to Michael and he told me he hides money away so he has something saved up for when he gets married. I don't think he should have to hide money."

"He shouldn't but the boys have to. All four of them hide money," I said to Harry. "They want to give the women in their lives the best they can and those women deserve it."

"I don't think your brothers will be like your dad, I can see your mum too much in them," he noted to me. "Too sweet and kind. Your mum raised them like mine raised me. With love."

"My Dad's kind of a hard ass," I sighed pulling grass up.

"Kind of? He's the biggest ass I've met in my entire life. My parents were misinformed about him, but you deserve the life you have, the one with me," he said looking over to me. "I would give you the whole world if I could."

"I don't need the whole world," I smiled to him. "I just need happiness."

Harry gave me a smile as he leaned over and pressed his lips against mine. I pulled away from the kiss and stood up. He looked at me oddly and I smiled.

"I have to finish dinner," I said as I retreated back to the house. I heard a loud groan as Harry got up off the ground. 

I went to the soup and stirred it lightly before trying a spoonful to make sure it was okay to serve. It was warm and the vegetables were warm. I grabbed the potholders off the counter and lifted the pot onto the counter. Harry grabbed some bowls for us.

"Is there an evening milk delivery?"

"No, we should be fine. After dinner, I need to get a few pails of water so we'll have to go there. I found a rain barrel in the shed, I put it out for when it rains. It looks like it will tonight," I noted as I served the soup. Harry carefully took both bowls and set them in their respective spots on the table. 

"What are you going to do with the leftovers?" Harry asked nodding to the pot, "You guys don't seem very wasteful."

"Put it in the compost bucket," I said taking a seat across from him. "It's a good farming and gardening material. It's free then."

"So you use as much material as you can?" Harry asked taking a spoonful of the soup. "This is good by the way."

"Thanks," I smiled. "Yes, we use as much as we can here, want not, waste not."

"Is your father the rudest guy here?"

"I don't know, we don't typically discuss how men rule their homes around here," I said wanting to change the subject. My father was still fresh on his mind.

"I am so disgusted by your father—"

"Can we please not talk about my dad?" I asked him. "I don't really want to talk about him right now."

"How can you sit there and still call him dad?" Harry asked me, surprised. "He's nothing but a sperm donor! Yes, he is still married to your mum, but what has he taught you? Nothing! He's only ever paid attention to your brothers, it's not right."

"I know it's not, Harry, but like I said, I don't feel like discussing this," I said pursing my lips together.

"Why? I think it's important."

"I know you do, but quite frankly, my father may be dirt, but he is still the man who helped raised me. I know you hate him, I do too, but I wouldn't be half the person I am today if he didn't raise me like he did."

Harry sat back in his chair, placed one of his hands on his knee and looked at me in surprise. I never had talked to him like that and I felt bad, but he needed to hear it. He needed to hear that despite the nastiness, my dad is still my dad. I may want to run away from him, but he's still home. 

"I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't think of that. I— no one deserves a dad like him. You shouldn't have had to grow up with him."

"But I did," I said giving him a look. "I may not love him like you do your father, but I still care about his well being."

"I'll go get water from the well. I saw a wagon, I think I'll take that so you don't have to go."

"Put as much water in the wagon as you can," I called as he walked out of the house.

I did feel bad for talking to him the way I did, but he did need to hear it. Not everyone has a good father, not everyone is as lucky as he is. Harry grew up with everything, I grew up with nothing. I have nothing that was important to me except my brothers and my mother. Those are essentially the only things I care for from my home life. Yes Harry has been added, but the memories of my childhood, the toys I had, they were nonexistent. I just had the memories nothing else.

I cleaned the kitchen silently by myself as Harry went and got some water. It was lonesome putting things away by myself, but it gave me a chance to think over everything. I looked forward to going back to the castle, I didn't prefer to stay here for the rest of my life. I wanted to be in Harry's life for as long as I can because I care about him. More than I feel I should only knowing him for a month. 

"I'm back," Harry said softly as he came back into the house. "No one was at the well so I got in there right away."

"Sounds good," I smiled as he put the buckets by the feet. "If you want to pour water into the kettle I just washed, that would be appreciated, I need to warm it for your bath."

"Okay," he nodded doing just what I told him. 

I watched as he silently did as I instructed. He was too silent and I fear it may be my fault. I didn't want to scare him into silence for the remainder of the night. I wanted to talk to him like we always speak, I didn't like this silent Harry because this Harry frightened me the most. I wanted him to tell me more about him, I was still curious about the life he lived inside the secluded walls of the palace.

Harry sat down on the stood beside the fire, his elbows resting on his knees and his hands clasped together as he watched the flames crackle and warm the water. He was deep in thought, I could see that from the distanced look on his face. His eyes zoning in on just one portion of the fireplace instead of wandering about the room.

The water began boiling so I removed it carrying it to the bath and pouring it in. I quickly made my way back to the kitchen and poured more water into the kettle warming another pot. I looked in the cupboards for another kettle and luckily, there was one. I filled it and placed it next to the other pot so I could fill up the tub twice as fast.

"Look," Harry said to me. "I didn't mean to be a complete arse to you. I get that we didn't grow up the same way, but it truly does hurt me that your father doesn't care about you. It— you deserve his love, you are the kindest person I have met. I don't want to argue with you about this, I don't, but it hurts me."

"I know it does," I said walking over to him now. His arms went around my hips and he looked up at me. "I'm numb to his hatred, I have been for a while now. I am a different person around him, but don't let that change how you see me. The only person I am around you is me. Not the numb girl who is a pessimistic scared girl."

"You're not as pessimistic as you like to think you are, Em," Harry laughed. "You say you are, but in reality, you are the person who dreams of a new life for herself. If I didn't know what optimism is, I'd say it is you."

"I am not optimistic," I laughed.

"So you're saying that you don't have a chance of marrying me," he said with raised brows.

"Well—"

"Don't start with well," he laughed. "Simple question, yes you have a chance at marrying me, or no you don't think you do."

"I don't think I deserve you," I whispered to him. I was scared of his reaction, but it was the truth. He could do so much better than me, the girl who has been so sickly her whole life and is now just beginning to turn her life around thanks to the crowned prince.

"If anything, I don't deserve you," he said brushing his hand against my cheek. "I know that has been overly said in books, but it's true. You being in my life is something that I have taken for granted these past few weeks, but I do adore having you here with me. I can see myself with you."

"I'm nothing like you," I said.

"So? Just because we come from different backgrounds doesn't mean we're nothing alike," he smiled. "You are the most deserving girl in the world. I think you deserve to have a town named after you, that is how special you are to me."

"Harry, stop!" I blushed covering my face with my hands. "You are being corny."

"But you don't mind it," he stated. "I love the way you get embarrassed over the little things in life."

"I get annoyed with things, not embarrassed."

"You do get embarrassed," he laughed as I glanced over at the pots of water. I noticed both of them were boiling away. I grabbed potholders and carried one at a time to the bathroom dumping them into the tub. Four more pots worth should be good.

"Four more," I said and he laughed. "I am glad these are big pots though."

"Me too," he laughed. "I do miss the indoor plumbing of the palace."

"I do too," I giggled placing both pots on the rack. "I think that and the food is my favorite part of being there. Honest to God."

"The food here isn't bad," he smiled to me.

"We literally have the same things every day," I said to him and he laughed. "You sure you want to stay for a whole week?"

"If you're with me, I am more than happy to stay," he grinned to me. "I just want to take my damn bath if I'm being honest." 

"I know you do, you dirty boy," I laughed pressing my lips against his. "You are dirtier than I have ever seen you. The dirtiest you've been is when you were sweaty."

"I know! I feel like I have mud caked on every part of my body. It's like I was baked in mud today," he laughed to me. "Did you want to take a bath with me?"

"No, it's not—"

"Em, come on, I just want to spend time with you," he smiled to me. "What's so wrong about that?" he asked with a smile. 

"I just—what if someone sees us?" I asked thinking of the small window in the bathroom.

"No one will see us, Em."

"But—"

"I promise," he said holding my face in his hands. "Just take a bath and relax with me. It's all I am asking for."

"Why?" I asked.

"Ummmm....." He hummed as a blush crept up on his face. "I've been thinking about us for a good portion of the day. That's why."

"Any particular reason?" I asked wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"Gemma left a book in my room and told me to read it," he blushed. "I did and wow.... The things you learn from books never ceases to amaze me."

I let out a laugh, it really doesn't surprise me that his sister is the one who left him a book. I was feeling nervous about what was on his mind, though. The things on my mind was that I was beginning to find myself wanting to be with him in more intimate ways. Though, the only intimacy I knew of was sex, but Gemma seems to know more about sex than me. Obviously. And Harry seems to know just as much, probably less, that she does. It makes me feel left out.

I walked to grab the kettles and filled the tub again and filled the last two pots of water. I walked into the bathroom feeling the water to make sure it wasn't mildly warm otherwise I would have to heat up even more water. I grabbed the soap and poured some into the bath and stirred it around so bubbles popped up to the top. I saw Harry just watching me as I grabbed some candles from the cupboard and put them in the bathroom on the shelf so we had some more light than the dimming sky.

"I'll fill the last two, they're bubbling," Harry said carefully bringing in the last two pots and pouring them into the tub. 

I could feel my heart racing inside my chest. Something about tonight feels different from when we saw each other naked and felt each other. There was something much more intimate about tonight, like I knew something would happen. Something that was created butterflies in my stomach and made me excited, yet afraid. I didn't know what to expect. 

Harry carefully pulled his clothes off letting them fall to the floor and took the headband off his head. His hair still stood on ends as it seems to have formed around his head that way. I watched as he lowered himself into the bathwater and he looked at me waiting for me patiently. I pulled the dress off my body and my undergarments and carefully climbed into the tub lowering myself into the warm water as well.

"You can scoot back," Harry said with a laugh. I turned around with my arms curled up and covering my chest. 

"I don't want to sit on you."

"You won't sit on my penis, don't worry. I would tell you if you were," he laughed grabbing me and pulling me back towards him. I let out a light laugh and relaxed against his chest. I noticed the slightly darkened water color from the mud that collected on his skin. 

"Why is it that I know this is wrong, but feels so right?" I asked him quietly. 

"I was thinking the same thing," he said.

Harry took some handfuls of water and rinsed the mud from his hair. I knew he wouldn't be able to get fully clean since we didn't think to bring shampoos and whatnot. It slipped my mind, I should have known better than to forget to bring things we would need.

"We forgot fucking shampoo and body wash," Harry gasped behind me. "We are fucking idiots."

"I was thinking the same thing," I laughed turning to him. He rested his forehead against my back and I could feel his body shaking with laughter. "We're so dumb."

"We are," he laughed. "Who the fuck forgets hygiene things?"

"Us," I laughed. "I didn't think of that."

"We'll have to get some tomorrow. Do they have that stuff here?"

"Yeah...." I said trailing off.

"Why did you say it that way?"

"It's homemade...."

"I still don't understand."

"I'm fairly certain its made with goat milk," I said covering my mouth. He scrunched his nose and shook his head with his eyes closed. "We can be stinky for a week."

"Just us?" he asked and I nodded as he wrapped his arms around me and locked his hands just under my breasts. 

His lips nipped at my neck. I tilted my head to the side allowing his lips to suck at the skin. I turned to face him and his lips immediately attacked mine. His hands cupped my breast, his thumb circling my nipple sending my hormones into overdrive. 

"What are we doing?" I asked him sounding as if I were out of breath.

"Shh...don't over think this," he whispered against my lips. "Just let whatever happens, happen."

"We can't—"

"Not yet, not that," he promised to me. "I want to try something that was in my sister's book."

His hand trailed down my chest and stomach until he gone down there. I almost wanted to freak out, but couldn't bring myself to do it because I was curious at what he was going to do. 

He pushed my knees apart so they rested against the sides of the tub. I could feel his heart beating against my back through his chest. He was nervous, I was also nervous. 

His hands trailed over my womanhood gently pressing against it making me gasp at the intrusion of his fingers. His hand retracted but I grabbed a hold of it instantly. I placed it back there to let him know I wanted him to continue what he was doing. 

"I don't know if this will hurt you," he whispered to me. "I've never been with anyone, remember."

"I do," I breathed. "I trust you."

His silence was long forgotten as his finger swiveled over my bundle of nerves. I have never in my life experienced the sensation I was feeling, I didn't know something could feel this.... Good? I mean, he wasn't actually inside me, just rubbing his hands over me. 

Harry kept rubbing his fingers over it and it felt so good. He shifted himself so I was leaning farther up on him. My hands grasped the sides of the tub because I had the instinct to just grab hold of something around me. 

"Does it...feel okay?" he asked.

"God yes," I said rolling my head against his neck. I could feel his penis against my back and I hadn't noticed it before. What was he doing to me? 

"Good, because you look kind of hot right now," he whispered in my ear. 

Harry's fingers began to move faster against me and I felt this slow burn inside my stomach. It was a good burn, like something you wanted to experience over and over again. My stomach was in knots at how he was making me feel and then suddenly... I exploded.

"Oh," I breathed as the pressured began to release itself.

"Not gonna lie, hottest thing I've ever seen," he said bringing his fingers out of the water and rested his hand on my leg. "I am still hard, though."

"That sucks," I laughed and turned around. "Want me to return the favor?" I asked trailing my fingers up and down his shaft lightly.

"Fuck yes," he said nodding vigorously. "Wrap your hand around it."

I did as he said, he then took my hand and began to move it up and down. He removed his hand and I continued to move my hand up and down his shaft.  His head rolled back and a low grunt rumbled through his chest. 

This whole experience was beginning to feel weird, like this was taking our relationship to a new level. Like there was a chance that this could blossom to something more. I don't know, but this was... fun. I am surprised.

"Can you...go faster, please," He groaned. I began to move my hand faster as I stared up at him, his eyes glanced at me and he began breathing rigidly. A white liquid came from the end of his penis as he too exploded.

"That was...." He breathed. "I just...no words."

"I know," I said collapsing against his chest. "It was kind of hot, though."

"Kind of? You looked so hot coming undone," he said and laughed. "Never in a million years did I expect that kind of sentence to come from my mouth."

"Especially from the future king."

"At least you know I have a sex life now," he winked.

"You have no sex life until you have actual sex, not oral sex as Gemma puts it."

"Can we not discuss her at this moment, can we please discuss how fucking hot you are?"

"You're such a boy sometimes," I laughed kissing his chest. "Can we get out and go cuddle?" I asked him.

"Of course, my sexy lady," he winked helping me get out of the tub. 

I wrapped a towel around my body as Harry got out of the tub. I walked to the bedroom with a candle in my hand and found something to wear to bed. I crawled under the covers and watched as Harry got dressed.

"Are you watching me get dressed?" He asked with a laugh.

"Yeah, you're hot, who cares?"

"Who are you and what have you done with Emerald Price?" he asked coming over to the bed and laying on top of me. "You're not my Em."

"Of course I'm your Em. I'll always be her."

"You're spontaneous..."

"Maybe I needed to relax as some people like to tell me time and time again," I laughed.

"Maybe we should relax together more often," he grinned. "I liked relaxing with you."

"Relaxing with you could be a thing we do...in secret."

"Obviously, Em."

His lips were once more attached to mine and his fingers ran over my forehead pushing my hair back. I smiled up at the beautiful man above me, he made me....me. It was weird to think one little thing could make the difference in the world.

"Promise me something," Harry said. "You won't tell my sister about this, I won't tell her. She doesn't need any more fuel to her fire."

"No, she doesn't," I laughed. "I thought we weren't discussing your sister."

"We're not, but I don't want her to know everything about our lives. It our personal life not hers," he said with a smile. "Want to use her gift next time?" Harry asked with a grin. "I think it would be sexy to use it thought I have no fucking clue what to do with it."

"Good thing there is instructions," I smiled.

"God, you make the word instructions sound incredibly sexy," He grinned to me trailing a finger down my chest. "Every word you say sounds sexy."

"Nope," I giggled. "I feel as if we're high."

"Drunk...not high, Emerald. But I am drunk on my feelings for you."

"Same, H, same."

"Can I kiss you goodnight, we have to get up in some odd hours," he said rolling off of my chest and onto the empty space next to me. 

"Night, H."

"Night, Em. See you in the morning. Sleep tight."

"Don't let the bedbugs bite," I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to his body burying his face into my neck. 

I fell asleep relaxed that night.

__________________________________________________

This chapter is basically an apology for the last one being so short. Never have I written a 10K chapter.... so proud of myself right now!(.....omg, why did I do this. This is a novella, not a chapter [Nov. 2015])

Thoughts??? Let me know!

Leave your feedback as always!
~Amanda

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

905 64 33
"You are 21 now, which means-" I cut him off, "It's time for me to get married." He looks stunned as he looks at me. "Mother told me a long time ago...
18.4K 235 9
After your best friend's parents divorce, you find yourself being the confidant and stress relief of your best friend's dad. He's double your age, ri...
2.9K 73 34
Looking for a change after a long term relationship ends, 30 year old Sadie moves to London. Falling back on an old hobby, Sadie takes a job as a pho...
80.1K 3.3K 30
30 days before the wedding... Follow Mady, Harry, Grace, Kim and more in a new adventure in Limia and ask yourself... Did the drama ever really...