Jewels ✔️

By Maymunatu_Bukar

{Completed} Jawahir Malik Zayyad, the last thing she expected to happen to her is getting married. Especiall... More

Author's note
Cast♥️♥️
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
EPILOGUE
Final Author's Note
Suprise!
Rayuwar Maimoon
Support your girl🥺
Bonus chapter
🎀Read please🎀
Ramadan Kareem✨🌙

Chapter 13

14K 1.9K 82
By Maymunatu_Bukar

Who's also fasting today?
May Allah accept our ibadahs
Ameen😊  

JAWAHIR

Aayan didn't keep his words at all. Confused? Well lemme recap.

The next day, Kausar came as promised. We had a great time. This house is extraordinary. I might not get bored, it has everything. Ya Nana and Ya Kulthum did their very best in designing the interior. It's amazingly fantastic.

The entrance.

The Hallway.

Main living room.

The staircase with a small sitting area by the side.

The dining area.

But the house is so huge that I feel lonely being the only person around mostly. I met the house maids. Kande, the chief house maid in her late 30s, she's a widow and has never given birth. And four--or five--youngsters in charge of cleaning, mopping, dusting and all those chores around the house. And finally the chef, Laura. A young lady in her mid 20s, she came here with the AAs from Uk. I've never seen her.

Her mom was their chef back at London. She's nice and fun to be with. They don't live here though, they come and go. Kande said something about their quarters being two minutes away and that I can call them whenever I need them.

So with all these people, I have nothing to do except eat, sleep waste time on social media and the most importantly read on wattpad. I've read tons of books already in a span of one week.

Suhayla and Suhayl came to bid me adieu two days ago because they're going back to school. I'm missing them already, I'm missing everybody sef.

You must be thinking where is her husband? Well husband dearest locks himself in either his room or office, sometimes the gym. And he went back to work 3 days later. Who does that? And I thought him being the CEO, he can take as much holiday as he wants? But no!! my workaholic of a husband is allergic to breaks.

And we're playing—well he is—hide and seek. He leaves as early as possible before I wake up and comes back late at night after I've slept. So I haven't seen him since the day Kausar came.

The ringing of my phone broke me out of my reverie.

Mammie👑💖🔐 calling.......

"Mammie na." I sang.

"Jawjaw how are you?" Came her soothing voice. I remember all those time this very voice lured me back to sleep with my head on her bosom or laps.

"I'm doing fine. I just miss you, Abu and everybody so very much." I whined, but I miss my Mammie the most.

She chuckled. "Don't worry you'll get use to it. I called to inform you about visiting the relatives all over Abuja."

Ohh I've forgotten about that. It's a tradition, to visit elders and some people who attended your wedding,with your spouse to introduce him properly.

"Sure Mammie."

"Yes, so you inform Aayan and set the time suitable for him." I'll have to wait for him, ugh!

"In sha Allah. Ma assalam, my regards to everyone at home. Tell them I miss them so much."

"Will do." And the line went silent.

I waltzed to the kitchen to get something to cake to munch on. I think I gained a kilo from the cake I've been eating. It's my breakfast, lunch, dinner and even midnight snack.

I met Laura preparing lunch. "Hey Laura." I said as I opened the fridge

"Hello Ma'am."

"Laura" I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that. Just Jawahir is fine."

"Ok Ma'am Jawahir." Oh puhlease! I ignored her. After getting my cake I went to the dining table.

I was playing with my fingers when I noticed my ring isn't there. Oh my God, I panicked. Where could it be? I've never taken it off. Ya Ilahi. The cake long forgotten as I frantically look for the ring.

I quickly went to my room to check. I checked the bathroom, closet, drawer everything but it isn't there. No please no. Tears started building up in my eyes. Do you ever feel so frustrated when you're looking for something that you just start crying? No? Well I do, and that's what I'm doing right now.

I went back to the living room because that was the last place I was. As I was looking for it, I heard the being opened.

AAYAN

I went through the wedding with a fake smile on my face, but the smile on my Ammiey's face was worth it, worth everything. I finally got to fulfill her wish and I hope she wouldn't bother me anytime soon.

I went back to work, three days after the wedding. I'm very glad that Jawahir understood what I was talking about. We are married for sure, just not in that sense. You get what I'm saying?

I quietly opened the main door, I usually don't come back till I know she's asleep but Uthman forced me literally, to return early. I just don't want her to be uncomfortable with me always around so I leave so she can be free to do what she wants.

As I neared the living room, I heard someone crying. Jawahir? I quickened my steps. I met her kneeling on the floor with her arms round her torso crying. I quickly dropped my bag and jogged to her.

I knelt down with one knee beside her. "Jawahir?" I called placing my hand on her shoulder.

She looked up at me with tearstained face. "What happened? Are you hurt? Is something paining you?" I asked frantically, as my eyes scan her whole body for an injury.

"I can't find my ring."

"Okay." I said slowly. "I'll buy you a new one then."

"No." She shook her head. "I don't want a new one. Ammiey gave it to me. I don't want her to think I'm careless." She sniveled.

"I'm sure she woul.......". I then noticed a ring slightly under the couch. I picked it up. "Is it by any chance this one?" I showed her. That's when I recognized the ring, it belonged to my Jadda before she passed it down to Ammiey. I can see why it's important to her.

Her face lit up. "Yes that's it. Thank you." I hand over the ring and she immediately put it on her right ring finger.

I used my two thumbs to wipe away her tears and we both froze. "Now stop crying, okay?" She nodded, wordlessly and I stood up to leave.

"Aayan uhm Mammie called. She said we should pay a visit to friends and family. When are you free?"

I hummed then nodded. I mentally went through my schedule. "Okay we'll go this Friday then."

"Mhmm Allah ya kaimu."

I turned around to leave when she held my wrist. I swirled around to look at her. "Yes?"

"Why are ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?"

"No."

"Then why do you leave early and come back late at night? You know what don't answer that."

Phew! Because I didn't know what to say to that. I wanted you to be comfortable? Yeah no. I'm just not ready to let her in or get attached to her in anyway. I'm not ready to get close to anybody of the opposite specie not after ........

"I thought we promised not be complete strangers? To get to know each other and become friends at least? Please." She cut off my thoughts. Because she cried, her doe like eyes are red and her face slightly flush making her look cute and making me feel bad for ignoring her and contributing to the sadness.

"Of course Jawahir." I'll do what I can. But I cannot promise you anything.

She smiled brightly, sticking her hand out. "Friends?"

When I looked reluctant to shake it. She said. "Common shake it. It's totally halal by the way." She smiled cheekily.

I breathed a laugh. I shook her hand. "Friends." I said.

"Yay! Ok go freshen up, I'll call you when lunch is ready."

I nodded. She picked my bag and hand it to me. I ambulated to my room after collecting the bag.

After taking a quick shower and changing into a jallabiya, I went downstairs. I met her setting the table. She looked up when she heard me.

"Ohh you're here already, I was about to call you." I couldn't fathom what she was saying, because I'm just solely hooked on her hair. "Fa tabarakallah ahsanul khaliqeen; Glory be to Allah, the best of creators." I muttered under my breath.

Her hair is so amazing that I wanted to run my hands through it, it looks smooth and silky, glistering in the night. Her hair stopped a few inches above her butt.

"Aayan." She snapped her fingers at me. "Are you even listen....huh " She gasped. "Oh my Allah! My hair! I'm so sorry, I totally forgot." She said as she frantically searched for her veil.

"Jawahir? Jawahir?!" I yelled to gain her attention.

"Huh?" She asked confused.

"It's okay, really." I don't want her to close it and I don't know why, I just don't.

"You have an amazing hair Masha Allah." She blushed. After mumbling a thank you, she sat down. But she did put her veil back on, she's not comfortable I guess. See what I'm talking about.

A tantalizing aroma hits my nose immediately she opened the warmer.

I hummed. "Who cooked this? Laura?"

"Actually no, I did." She answered.

"You? I didn't know you cook." I asked surprised.

She nodded. "Yes I do."

After she served me. "Okay". She rubbed her palms. "I want you to taste it and tell me what you think. Even if it tastes bad."

"You sure?" I raised a brow.

"Yes, I can handle it. Imma big girl."

"Ok, if you say so." I took the first bite and......oh my Allah. This tastes wonderful. It's the best thing I've ever eaten.

I decided to tease her. "Well......" I scrunch my face up. "It's tastes awful......."

"Ohh." Her face fell. Awwnn.

"I'm kidding! This tastes amazing Masha Allah." I'm in awe with her. I grew up around girls who couldn't even boil water. Well Kulthum can cook now definitely, Maheera.....eh she's okay, and Kausar, don't let me go there. And the funny part is that Ammiey absolutely loves cooking, they'll definitely get along, not that they aren't getting along.

"Really?" Her face lit up again.

I smiled and nodded. "Yes it does. What is it by the way?"

"Thank you. And it's confetti rice with Japanese chicken drumsticks."

"Well it tastes amazing." She smiled and we continued eating.

Masha Allah. If she can cook like this, then I'm not eating anything anywhere unless she made it. This just ruined other foods for me.

Tbh, I'm not that proud of this chapter 😕😢😞

But still please don't forget to;

VOTE
COMMENT&
SHARE❤️❤️

Thank you for sparing your time to read😊😇❤❤

Hope you enjoyed

Yours truly
Memzyb✨🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

914K 13.4K 36
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
13.6K 2.9K 51
Noorur-rahman Adam is bold, hardheaded, selfish, cunning and everything in between. She's beautiful, but they called her a devil in disguise, for she...
234K 31.5K 119
"Jibreel..." Her voice whispered in abandon, his name. His heartbeat faltered. "My Rabb have surely created you just for me... Everything you do... E...
8.1K 976 31
Meet Aysha (Afrah) Abdulkareem Marshall, a carefree girl with a perfect life, studying Neurological surgery at the University of London. While Zayd...