A Better Love The Sequel

By LadyK30

What happens when January Salters leaves singing sensation Jacquees behind because she feels she is not worth... More

A Better Love The Sequel
Thinking of You
Patiently Waiting
Things Ain't the Same
A Tangled Web
Posing and Making Bad Decisions
You Are Mines
You Are Mines Part 2
Secrets Revealed
Plotting
This Is Not A Date
Back In The A
Back In The A Part 2
This $hit ain't over
Family Affair
Author's Note
Clubbin Tradegy
Hit And Run
Two Steps Ahead Of The Game
Two Steps Ahead Of The Game Part 2
Quality Time
You Don't Love Me and You Don't Need Me
Handling Business
The Truth Revealed
A Bag Full of Surprises
A Bag Full of Surprises Part 2
Almost Over
Showtime.....We need to talk
Not Apart of The Show
New Beginnings
Feenin' For Your Love
Angel In Disguise....The Love We Have
Christmas Surprise
Christmas Proposal
Author's Note
Wedding Suprise Part 2
Reception Love...
Wedding Night....Making Love
Early Morning Loving.....You Are Having....
Baby Time.....
Authors Note

Wedding Surprise

19.3K 799 51
By LadyK30

Jacquees

It is currently 6 am and I hated I had to leave January in bed but I had to make sure everything was ready for today. She had no clue that today was our wedding day. When I proposed to her on Christmas she didn't know what to do. I can't believe that it is about to be official. January is going to be Mrs. Broadnax. I crept downstairs because Issa, Johntae and her father were waiting on me. Good thing I had gotten a shape up and my dreads retwisted yesterday.

Once I got outsided they were perched against Ryan's Pearl Escalade.

"Morning Que. You ready to for today?" Ryan asked patting me on my shoulder.

"More than you ever know. It's been a long time coming." I said smiling.

"Que I always felt you were my brother before it got to this point and I am glad that you are about to be apart of the family" Johntae said.

"Cuzo I couldn't be happier for the both of you and I wish you guys nothing but the best. Now lets get this show on the road." Issa said.

We all hopped in the truck and Issa called Alicia telling her to get the crew ready. They were going to get January pampered and dressed for her surprise wedding. This was going to be the best birthday gift that she got.

"Alright the girls are on their way over to start the Journey." Que said turning looking out the window.

January

I was awakened by incessant ringing of my doorbell. I looked over and saw that Que was not in bed. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed. I grabbed my robe from the back of the chair in my room and made my way downstairs. I got to the door and swung it open. I was about to go off but I didn't get a chance to say anything because Alica, and my sisters bombarded me.

"Morning love. You need to go shower and get dressed because It's your birthday!" Alicia said.

I honestly had forgot that today was my birthday because with all the excitement of my engagement I blocked everything else out.

"What do I need to get ready for at 6:45 am?" I said frowning looking at the clock on the wall in the foyer.

"We were given instructions by your fiance' to pamper you. He has some things to take care of and he will see you around 4 this afternoon." Nesha said.

"Now go get ready. Time is ticking away." Ray said.

I looked at all of their beautiful faces thinking what the hell? I didn't ask any questions I just shrugged and placed my hands on my now 5 month belly.

"Lil one your aunts are crazy!" I said rubbing my stomach as I walked up the stairs.

I could hear them chuckle.

When I got upstairs I went to my closet and found my dark denim skinny jeans that were maternity style but still very cute and stylish. I found my tan wrap shirt that showed a small amount of cleavage. I found a matching bra and panty set and placed it on the bed.

I hopped in the shower and handled my business. I got out wrapping a towel around my body. I brushed my teeth and then lotioned my body. It took me a few minutes to get dressed. I put on my chocolate brown leather boots that were more like riding boots. I had a jacket to match. I made my way downstairs and all of them were in the kitchen. They had made me a light breakfast, which was waffles and turkey bacon.

"Aww you guys are too much, but I ain't gon' lie cause I am hungry." I said taking a seat at the bar.

"We are following orders and we are actually on a time schedule." Nesha said.

What the hell is really going on? What the hell is my fiance up to now? I thought to myself.

I finished eating and grabbed my purse and phone. We all got up and headed out to start my adventure.

It was now 8:30 am and I was at the spa getting a facial. The next stop was to get a manicure and a pedicure.

Everything was moving so fast my head was spinning. It seemed like time was passing rapidly. I was missing my baby and I wondered what he was doing and where he was at.

"Alicia I wanna talk to Que. Can I call him?" I said grabbing my phone.

"No!" Alicia yelled. Grabbing my phone.

I looked at her like she had lost her mind.

"Alicia what the hell? Why can't I talk to him?" I said getting frustrated.

Alicia looked at my sisters for help.

"Um Jan just trust us. You will see him in a lil while. Just be patient." Ray said patting my arm.

I sighed and then blew out a deep breath.

"Fine!" I huffed out. "Where to next?" I asked.

"We are going to Jy'don and he is going to style your hair. From there you will have your make-up done by Marissa." Nesha said with a big kool-aid smile on her face.

We made it to the hair salon and as soon as I walked in Jy'don ushered me to his seat. He released my hair from the band letting it fall all down my shoulders and back. He ran his fingers through it. I was washed and styled. When I turned and looked in the mirror my mouth dropped. My hair was in an up do with curly tendrils at the temple. I had these sparkly jewels all through my hair. I felt like I was going to a ball or I was a fairy princess. I really started to wonder what the hell my fiance was up to because I was having a lot done.

"Happy Birthday boo and Congrats!" Jy'don said as we left the building.

We made our way to my place of work and Marissa was ready waiting for me. I really could have done my own make-up but they were set on me not doing nothing. I sat in the chair and Marissa placed a cape over me. She got started on me immdiately. I couldn't believe all this was taking place just for my birthday.

Once she was finished I looked in the mirror and I had to blink several times because I looked beautiful. Not only did I think that but everyone else did too. My face was perfectly made which brought out my features as well as my hazel eyes.

"Okay Jan we gotta get moving. "Alicia said hanging up her phone.

I looked at her suspiciously but got up and followed them out. I thanked Marissa before heading out and she wished me a Happy Birthday.

When we got back in the car I noticed it was 3:30. The time has really been flying. We were riding down the highway and we ended up at the Ritz-Carlton. I was looking really confused but I just brushed it off as valet came to the car as we got out.

They took the car and we walked inside. It was really cold but the way we were rolling around it was like it was 90 degrees. I thought that we were going to head to the front desk but we went straight to the elevators. There was silence amongst us and I was lost deep in my thoughts. We were going to the third floor. We arrived and got off the elevator. We walked to the door that had room 305 on it.

Nesha had the keycard and opened the door. We entered I thought I had just stepped into a pent house. This room was gorgeous. There was a small living area as well as kitchen. There was this other room set off to the side and I walked in. When I did I saw my mom and Que's mom. They came over and hugged me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked looking confused.

"Have a seat January." Ms. Rosie said.

I sat in front of the computer that was on the desk. I turned around looking at my sisters and Alicia. They only smiled not saying anything.

My mom turned the computer on. After a few minutes it was booted up and she clicked a few buttons and then up popped Que's handsome face.

I gasped in surprise. He had made a video. I pressed play.

"Hey baby I know you are wondering what is going on? I wanted to make your birthday special so I have been busy making sure that I made that possible." He paused and smiled.

"Today is not just your birthday. Today is your wedding day, our wedding day. I couldn't think of a better gift than to make it official. I love you and can't wait to see you walk down that aisle. I will see you in a lil while baby. Happy Birthday and I love you so much."

The video ended and I sat there for a moment in shock. I knew the tears were coming. I didn't wanna mess up my make-up but I couldn't help it. It was too much. I was beyond happy. I was having a baby and now I was about to get married.

"How- When-?" I asked looking at all of them.

"My son has been working hard on planning this as well as the rest of us. So let's get you ready." She said with so much excitment in her voice. I slowly got up still in shock. I'm really about to get married. Im really about to have a wedding for my birthday. My wedding surprise.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 259 3
Love is a very sweet emotion. To love and to be loved is a blessed thing! But it is not flowers and hearts every time. Love is a struggle. A fight...
208 85 17
*this isn't a fan fiction lol but I did enjoy those times* A guy, Craig, who is constantly getting rejected is having a hard time building up the co...
95.7K 2.1K 26
16 Year old essence and her brother grew up in an abusive home when her mother got addicted to drugs and had different men running in and out of thei...
53.4K 2K 14
What happens when Vansh hurts Riddhima trying to protect her? Will she forgive him?? Will their love stand the unexpected unwanted troubles? Can Vans...