Almost Over

Jacquees

I got back to the A and now all this bullshit almost over. Devin still out here lurking but Taurus is dead and his brother is in the hospital. He will be going to jail as soon as he is well enough to be released. Chauncy found Shanetta and she was taken to the hospital for treatment but would be in police custody soon enough. Amber was arrested on charges of conspiracy. I guess January hasn't figured out that things are handled, but when she does she is going to wonder how it happened. For the time being I am going to let her think that it was her father and Chauncy. I was laid back on sofa watching tv when my door bell rang. I got up running my hands through my dreads to answer the door. When I opened the door I couldn't believe who was on the other side.

"Tamara what the hell are you doing here?" I asked highly irritated.

"Can we talk. I mean no bullshitting, but seriously."

Que looked at her for a minute before stepping back letting her enter.

"Before I begin I want to apologize to you for how I acted and the things I did. Que you are a good guy and January is lucky to have you in her life."

I couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth. Damn its sad that Tamara can tell that I am a good man when she is crazy as hell.

"Thanks ,but I am sure that is not why you came all the way here. So tell me what this is really about."

I looked down at my feet and then back at Que before saying anything.

"Que I went and visited my sister earlier today and that me realize that I didn't want to turn out like her. She has become a cold calculated person all because of a no good man that don't give a shit about her. I want to be better than that. I wish that I could take all the pain and suffering away that you guys went through because of Tarah."

I was speechless. This I was not expecting from Tamara of all people. Too bad that her brother-in-law is dead. Apparently she don't know yet. I was about to say something else when her phone rung.

She looked at the screen and told me to hold on for a second. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch so that she could handle her business. I looked up and saw look of shock and sadness on her face. I knew then that whoever was on the phone was telling her that Taurus was dead. She hung  up the phone and walked over to me and I noticed for the first time that she was showing. Looking at her made me long for a child, but it looks like that won't be happening.

"Que I gotta go that was my brother and I was just informed that Taurus was found dead. Apparently they think my brother had something to do with it because he was the last person to see and talk to him."

"Alright. Well take care and make sure you tell whoever the baby's father is that y'all are having a baby."

I nodded and left out of Que's house. As soon as Tamara was gone I went back and flopped on my sofa looking up at the ceiling deep in thought. I had some decisions to make and I knew that they were not going to be easy. All I knew was that it had to be done. After seeing Tamara pregnant and glowing it made me realize how much I wanted to have a child with January. The more I thought about it the more I felt like it wasn't going to happen. After she gets back and the Fashion show is over January and I are going to have a serious talk because something has got to give.

January

I can't believe all this shit that has happened since I been back in LA. Today was going to be my last day here but I knew that there was still some other shit that was still on the surface. Amber was in police custody and was going to go to jail for conspiracy. She should have known better than to try and cross me. I don't know what the hell she was thinking. Anyway now that this shit is almost over there is another heavy weight on my shoulders. That is Jacquees and I. Everything is so fucked up. Hell I'm so fucked up. I actually think that counseling is what I need because my emotional state is a mess. I know that I love Que but I'm sure if I know how to show him that I do. I mean I have done some fucked up shit when it comes to us. It hurts me to know that he is hurting because of me and the sad part is I'm not sure how to fix it. I have to agree with everybody that I need to get my shit together. I think when I leave out to go back to the A I am going to move out of Que's house. I think that we need some time apart in hopes that it will make us stronger and better. I know that we can't keep going on like this at all. It is not healthy.

I hate that it has come down to this. If I had been emotionally stronger it wouldn't have come down to this but I can honestly say that I am to blame. It seems so unfair that I found true love and don't know how to accept it or return it the way that I should. Maybe I am better off alone.

Sometimes I find myself wondering what it would be like to actually carry Que's baby. I still can't believe I was pregnant months ago but lost it. That still hunts me daily. A lot of things hunt me and maybe talking to a therapist can help me learn how to open up better. I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't realize some asshole was beating on my door like the fucking police. I got up walking into the living area to get the door. I swung the door open harshly. When I saw who was on the other end I wanted to slam the shit in his face.

"Zy what the hell do you want? And why you banging on my door like the police?"

"January Taurus was found dead last night."

I just stood there blinking trying to make sure I heard him correctly. There is no way he said what I think he said. Taurus dead. Ain't no way. I swear that nigga got nine lives.

I shook my head as if I was trying to clear it to process what he was said. "Zy are you sure you know what you are talking about?"

"Yes! The police showed up at my house a few hours after it happend telling me that he was dead. They think that I had something to do with it because I seen him last."

Damn Taurus is dead.....Wait...What the fuck? Who could have killed him and is this shit really almost over.....