Walt Disney Academy ✔

By LynnPatrick710

Welcome to Walt Disney Academy. Home of all the favourite disney princes, princesses, others and villains-of... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Mulan
Chapter 2: Cinderella
Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Hercules
Chapter 5: Aladdin
Chapter 6: Basketball Tryouts
Chapter 7: Vanessa
Chapter 8: Elsa and Anna
Chapter 9: Cinderella
Chapter 10: Boys' Wing
Chapter 11: Disney Diner
Chapter 12: Snow White
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Tiana
Chapter 20: Frozen
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Talent Show Eve
Chapter 25: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT
Chapter 26: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT 2
Chapter 27: DISNEY'S GOT TALENT 3
Chapter 28: Post-Celebrations
Chapter 29
Chapter 31: Tarzan
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Frog Games
Chapter 35: Whistle While You Work
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38: Jelsa
Chapter 39: Under The Sea
Chapter 40: These Midnight Things, happens all the time
Chapter 41
Chapter 42: Maleficent
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: A Whole New WHOLE NEW World
Chapter 45: It's You
Chapter 46: Aye
Chapter 47: Let's Get Down To Business
Chapter 48
Chapter 49: Almost There
Chapter 50: Aurora
Chapter 51: Wake Me Up
Chapter 52: Mindblown
Chapter 53: Cold Out Here
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: For All We Know
Chapter 56: Remember
Chapter 57: Truth Be Told
Chapter 58: End Game
Chapter 59
Chapter 60: Finally
Epilogue

Chapter 30: Sports and Other Types of Hurt

409 16 8
By LynnPatrick710

"Ahh. Chinese lovebirds." Hades interrupted Shang's and Mulan's little private game of basketball.

Mulan halted in her tracks, letting the ball drop to the floor. Shang repeated her action, both staring at the coach.

"No, no. Why did you stop? Play on, play on." Although by the sinister look in his eyes, he certainly didn't want them to carry on.

"We were just practicing, Coach." Shang couldn't hide the little quiver of a smile that appeared on his lips. It was true that he and Mulan had been spending an awfully lot of time with Mulan ever since their little encounter. And he regretted he hadn't done so sooner. She was like home, everything about home. Though they spoke little Chinese together, he couldn't hide the fact that his home sickness had faded being with her.

His friends had also noticed it, for they teased him in contrast to his previous behaviour with her. Truth that it was that he loved to go everywhere with her. From the unsuccessful talent show to going to check his results at the cyber café.

He couldn't help but feel comfortable with her. And she was quite the conversationist, always giving him a listening ear. Not to forget how killer of a player she was.

"I mean it," their coach carried on. "With the match between us and Pixar Academy on the way, we need all the practice we can get. What I don't get is-" he moved a bit closer. "-where the others are."

"Today isn't general practice, Coach."

"Then, you must have time. To be playing with only one teammate. And it is the most unique if them all." He sent Mulan an enigmatic look.

Mulan opened her mouth to protest but she was at loss of words.

"Don't stress yourself, Fang."

"It's Fa..."

"I'm just concerned about your readiness for this. The Pixars are known for their very good players. In basketball, baseball, football, name it. We play only one game which is this said Basketball. So, it is expected of us to devote our full time to it. You do understand my sole plight, don't you?"

Both Mulan and Shang nodded simultaneously.

"You." He pointed at Mulan.

"Yes, Coach." She gave off her best impression of being bold.

"Go get the players. With all the preparations we have to perform, I don't think there should be such a thing as a free day."

"Done, Coach!" She bowed a bit low, probably out of habit before scurrying out of the gym.

Shang and Hades shared a brief moment of silence before Shang spoke, Hades gazing at him coolly.
"You really aren't mad?"

"Why should I be? Who am I to stand in the way of love?" His tone was so hard to decipher.
"What, is she your girlfriend?"

"No-"

"Good!" Hades snapped, furrowing his brows.

Though his tone made Shang wince, the General was quite glad that his coach could show his true feelings which was clearly hiding behind that pathetic mask.

"You do know this great match is barely a month away."

"I do, Coach sir."

"Check it, General. Have you encountered any of our players being wooed by women?"

Shang fought off a laugh which would give away Tarzan and Phoebus.

"They know it wouldn't be good for the game. Letting their minds get all distracted like that. It isn't right, is it?" Hades stepped closer to Shang. He glared at the General eye-to-eye before Shang was forced to look down.

Hades smiled with something that looked like triumph before moving away from Shang.

"That's only part of what I wanted to tell you." His face was turned away from his player. "We have to give our all to this match. You, of all people will understand."

"I understand perfectly well, Coach Hades. The team and I will make sure we give our all into this battle. We shall-"

"I believe you when you speak with such courage, General. It's admirable. It's why I gave you this post. So...you do know we have to do all we can to win this."

"Believe me, I do."

"And which is why the girl can simply not play that day."

"Underst.... what?!"

"Come on now, don't be like that." Hades finally turned back to look at him. "It's going to be a serious game that day. Do you really want us to show up with...with... a girl?"

"But, sir. Mulan is a good player. And I'm not just simply saying it, I've seen her play. You've seen her play. She's very good. Maybe even better than most of us, I admit it."

"I have nothing against your girlish friend, Mr. Li. She is a wonderful player, I do comment. And there sure is nothing wrong with her playing skills. It's just that... She is a she. Understand that. I'm sure that there is a rule governing that-"

"There is no rule. Who made it?"

"It is unspoken of. The same unspoken rule of football. At the FIFA World Cup Games. Do you ever see a female there? It's how it's meant to be. Men in these finales. Go ask LeBron James if you have a problem with what I'm telling you."

Shang found himself going weak. "So, she won't be allowed to play?" His voice became hoarse. "She'll be crushed. It's things like these She's spent over a month fighting for."

"She didn't think she'd win it, did she? She got what she wanted. The only girl on the Disney Basketball team. But if she ever thinks she's going embarrass our pride out there, She's got another thing coming."

Shang looked down, heaving slightly.

"Think about it Shang. We all like her as a player. But think about it, did you really picture her playing with us in large tournaments? As the only female? Did you really see it?"

Shang couldn't even answer. Really, could he see her playing in big games with them? Worst, against Pixar?

She was a super player and all but in these kind of cases, they had to play safe. Indeed, maybe the Disney team could encounter setbacks if they tried their luck. And he, as the General, couldn't let that happen.

"You'll have to break the news to her, General."

"I have to?"

"Who else would? Certainly not I. It would crush her." He sent a sly smile and looked towards the door where, as if on cue, the players marched in, Mulan in the lead.
"You got this, General." He patted Shang on the shoulder them turned to the boys.

"Players! Lazy bones. You finally show up!" He stretched his arms open, as if willing to embrace them. "Now, come over, come over! We have to discuss something-" his eyes flew to Mulan. "Er... private. Come over here."

Tarzan let out a savage growl as the team walked over to their coach.

Mulan walked over to her friend.

"So, General,  what's up?" She punched his arm lightly. When his mood turned gloomy all of a sudden, she frowned. "What's up, really?"

"Mulan-" he couldn't even meet her gaze. Giving the coach one last look, he began to run the back of his neck.

"Tell me. What's wrong? What did the coach say?"

He took a deep breath. The truth? But she'll be so down-hearted.

"The thing is that...uh..."

Mulan's eyebrows nearly jammed together, waiting for an answer eagerly.

"The thing is...the match was cancelled."

For a moment there, there was nothing but cold silence. Then... "you're kidding me, right?"

Shang took another deep breath. Was this really the right thing to do? "No, I'm not."

Mulan scoffed, threw her head back and crossed her arms. "Yes, you are. How can you tell me the match was cancelled? Coach Hades just said-"

"Yeah, but the thing is..." coming up with lies was so hard. "He didn't know how to tell us. He thought our hearts would be broken. That's why he called for the boys. To tell them about it."
Yeah, Shang. Everything's falling into place. Better this way.

Mulan suddenly looked serious. "Really, though. That's sad. And I really had hope."

"He says it's good for  us. That we can finally focus on the semester. So...we would not even be rehearsing again. Yeah. That's sad."

"Oh wow." She looked bummed out for a moment then tried to peek over Shang's shoulders to see what Hades was saying. He quickly blocked her view.

"Hades says he doesn't want you to know. That it'll hurt you most of all. Because of your... your..."

"Feminine emotions?"

"Exactly."

Mulan huffed. "Still a bit too chauvinistic if I do say so. I feel like I still need to hear it from him-"

"I was asked to be the one to break it to you. Since he says we were the closest."

"Shoots!" She kicked the floor with the toe of her sneakers. "That sucks."

"I know. And no practice? It really sucks. But there's always next year. We'll start again."

It did get him thinking if he'd have  to keep on lying to Mulan over and over again if any other important match would come up.

"I have to quickly tell the guys something. I'll meet up with you later."

"I can come, Shang-"

"Not while the coach is here, Mulan, remember?" He put out his arms to hold her back. "No offence. He does like you a lot. That's why he doesn't want to hurt your feelings. You get?"

"Fine. Not fair, but fine. And it's alright. We can even have enough time to rest and then practice for the next one."

"Look who's thinking on the bright side. Now, go along. I'll meet up with you later. Cool?"

"I guess." She shrugged. "But, darn it, I'll really miss this sport." She then leaned in and patted his arm. "See you around."

Shang let out a heavy breath. It was alright. What she didn't know wouldn't hurt her, right.

He had to quickly go and tell the guys in the team. If he wanted all to go as planned, he'd need their full co-operation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
55.9K 2.1K 24
"Just Wilbur.. again." Tommy said, "I miss the old him." "He's just being him you know, the second anything slightly inconvenient happens he destroys...
59.4K 1.5K 58
The first step of Orion's plan is complete. The Zodiac Signs have now been banished down to Earth, with no memories of their previous adventures on C...
1.1M 35.9K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...