Mystery Life

By ShelbyWinds

Dave is chasing after someone that has crossed him when he runs into a car. The man is killed but the female... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36

19

188 20 2
By ShelbyWinds

Eve was angry true, but she expected Dave to come apologize to her and they could move forward. That's the plan, but apparently someone forgot to mention it to Dave. She waited and waited and he never came home.

The next day she confronts Leo, "Where the hell is Dave?"

Leo doesn't want to answer her, but also doesn't want to have further conflict. "He decided to stay at his hotel for now."

"Bloody coward." Eve says and leaves and suddenly a thought hits her and won't leave. He wouldn't would he? Not after-

Eve is suddenly sick. She gets to her room and takes her laptop to the infirmary. "Peter, how are you doing today?" 

She could tell he was awake by his breathing. "I've been better, I'm just happy to see you up and about and not hurt any worse for wear."

Eve tries, she really does, to smile but she just can't manage, "That yet remains to be seen. I need eyes that won't lie to me. Dave swore that you are someone I can trust and I have started trusting you. I need you to tell me the truth no matter what you see. Can you do that for me?"

Peter is uncomfortable with the thought that what he might say would hurt her, but he desperately wants her to trust him completely. He feels that they've already started, he doesn't want to ruin that. "I will tell you exactly what I see, no matter what it is."

"Good," Eve says but her voice is weak. She gets to work. She has all the codes for all the businesses in the mafia and is easily able to  pull up the footage from last night at the hotel. "I need you to tell me when you find Dave and which camera to have full enlarge. Then tell me what you see him doing, and who you see him doing it with."

"Found him on cameras two and three. Now he's in the elevator and that's camera 10. He's walking to a room and entering. It looks like he has only Zander and one other, I can't see who, with him."

Eve pulls up the video others don't know is there, but keeps the other up. "Shit, just what happened to you all yesterday?" Peter says getting a clear look at Dave.

"I was taken and Dave used himself as a distraction. Kept them from touching me, but you can see what it did to him.

"Zachary helped me get out and Dave then the cavalry came it to get us. Zachary died protecting that ass. Leo brought me home, but instead of talking to me he," and the is no doubt as to who Eve is referring, "decided to avoid talking to me by going to his hotel."

"He looks hurt pretty bad." Peter whistles soundlessly.

Eve isn't impressed, "We've both been hurt worse and lived to tell about it. If it had been truly bad he'd have had medical help."

"He's showering and changing clothes."

"What kind of clothes? Casual, business or what?"

"Not the kind for business, but..." Peter trails off. He blanches as Dave heads for the door. "He's leaving. He's dressed either to go out to a nice bar or club, Eve."

Eve keeps the words inside that she wants to say. "What camera?"

"Elevator." Peter says unhappily. This isn't going to end well he can tell.

"Where is he going?"

Now Peter is confused, he didn't hit the ground floor button. "Third floor." Eve can hear his confusion.

"There is both a bar and nightclub on that floor of this hotel." Eve explains and hears Peter lean back in his pillows.

"Which did he enter?"

"The nightclub," Peter says softly. 

Eve switches to the appropriate cameras, "Is he alone?"

"He's still with Zander but he's heading for the dance floor."

Eve doesn't care if he dances, what she cares for is if he does more. Actually she's more than a little impressed that he thinks he can dance after the beating he went through earlier.

"Just tell me if he stays with any one partner and leaves the floor with her." Eve instructs the uncomfortable man.

They watch the footage for some time. "Eve, he's leaving the floor with the woman he's been dancing with and they are now leaving the club."

"Tell me which camera," Eve is heartbroken but isn't going to let anyone else see it.

"They are back in the elevator, 10," Peter says sickened by what he's seeing.

Eve can hear it in his voice, he doesn't want to tell her what he's seeing.

"They are going to his room," Peter says doing his best to keep his voice neutral.

Eve wishes there was audio on these damn cameras then she'd be able to do this without anyone else seeing her be made the fool. She's never been more embarrassed than now.

"They are in his room," Peter doesn't want to see anymore, but he'll keep his promise.

Peter can see the tears on Eve's face even if she doesn't realize that they are there.

"He's taking her to his bedroom. Do you really want to continue this?" Peter hopes desperately that she doesn't.

"No, it's enough. Thank you." Eve says softly and gets up, "I know this was awkward for you and I apologize. I had hoped that my thought was wrong. I just needed someone to tell me the truth."

Eve packs up her laptop and heads out. She heads to her room and finds her phone.

"Zander, I need you to be honest with me. That bitch, Dave was with last night? Was she part of any business or was it entirely pleasure?"

Zander looks at the phone in his hand incredulously, how the hell did she know? He puts it back to his ear. He's just glad he doesn't have to lie to her. "Pleasure."

"Thank you, when is he planning on coming home?" Eve demands softly, hurt beyond belief.

"I don't know, Eve. I'm sorry. I was as shocked by his choice to come here as you, I'd imagine." Zander desperately wants her to know that he doesn't hold with Dave's choices last night.

"It doesn't matter now. 

"Where is the fucking tracker?" Eve demands having a hard time holding back the tears.

"In the nape of your neck," Zander is done lying to Eve and won't hold back the truth.

"Thank you, if that ass-" Eve takes a breath, "Tell Dave that I need to talk to him."

"I will, I'm sorry, Eve. I don't know why he did what he did."

"That makes three of us. But does it make four?" Eve says coldly.

Zander is startled, "Who else? Leo?"

"No, Peter." Eve tells Zander then hangs up.

"Anything important, Zander?" Dave says coming into the room after showering and getting dressed. He'd seen Zander close the phone.

"Depends on if you still consider Eve important or not." Zander is pleased to see Dave pause and look guilty.

"Of course I do, I love her!" Dave says but can't look at Zander. The woman he brought back is still asleep in his bed.

"Really? Could have fooled me. Eve wants to know when you are coming home, she wants to talk to you." Zander keeps his voice even, but he's furious on Eve's behalf.

"How'd she find out I'm here?" Dave is starting to get a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. If she knows where he's at then she might have found out about the woman. 

Dave pins Zander with a stare, "Does she know about the bitch in the bed?"

"That you'll have to ask her. I didn't tell her about her. The fact that you are cheating on your fiancee doesn't bother you does it?" Zander is disgusted. 

For years Dave had scoured everywhere, following every lead to find Eve, but now that he has her, he cheats on her. He'd heard the pain in Eve's voice.

"Shit! Once Antonio is up we'll leave." Dave says pacing angrily about the small sitting room.

"He's up and eaten. As have I." Zander says coolly to his boss and friend. "You need to tell Eve what you did. If you don't you'll lose her."

"If I do tell her, I'll lose her." Dave says frantic. He can't believe he was stupid enough to bring another woman to his bed. What the hell was he thinking?

"Why'd you do it, Dave? I didn't think you'd hurt Eve like this?"

"I was angry and not thinking straight last night." Dave says sheepishly.

Zander sniffs, "Well congratulations on acting like a horn dog. Eve will be real impressed."

"Who's Eve?" a female says coming into the room dressed in Dave's shirt from the night before.

"My future wife." Dave says coldly.

The woman looks at him startled, "You are engaged and brought me here? You are one dumbass bastard, you know that? I'll be out of here as soon as I can get dressed." The woman then turns around and goes back to the bedroom. She is there less than ten minutes before she comes out wearing last night's dress a little worse for the wear.

"You know, I feel sorry for her. If you are cheating on her even before the wedding, she's in for a life of you cheating on her." The woman says as she marches to the door muttering angrily to herself.

"Oh, please you didn't ask questions last night."

"Yes, true, but I'm not the one committed to another. I'm a free agent and expected those that come on to me to be the same." The unknown woman says giving her parting shot even as she slams the door.

Zander winces but Dave looks after the woman murderously.

"She had no way of knowing, you should have told her if you didn't want her scorn this morning. Or not told her at all." Zander says. He'd be smirking but he knows how hurt Eve is.

"Get Antonio and let's go home," Dave says seething. All thoughts of food long gone. His stomach is telling him that the worse is yet to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Split By Jaila DaAuthorr

General Fiction

13.5K 794 31
Two sisters are split when a gang of robbers come to get revenge killing their family. Both sisters are left to think each other are dead. With the o...
1.3K 25 29
Love destroyed her life at young age,but when she stepped into a dangerous world of mafia she revealed her true essence.Life turned into a mess when...
1.3K 44 9
BOOK 2 from RIDE OR DIE It's been 4 years since Logan left. Ellie made new friends and disappeared from her father. Ellie has a new life in New York...
27.6K 1.6K 15
Brandon Rodriguez, and another name of death and danger. Everyone fears him. He is a cold-hearted Mafia boss. He has no Mercy for anyone. He gets, w...