Golden Heart n.s

By ohmynarries

(USED TO BE CALLED THE ALPHA TWINS) - The golden boy vs The boy with the golden heart - "He's the strong-will... More

Prologue
01. Alphas in the race
02. Scary movies
03. Shower room
04. Party
05. Fights
06. Practice
07. Cafe Jobs
08. Dinner
09. Horan and Styles
10. Art
11. Leave me alone
12. Shower Talks
13. Lyrics & Confrontations
14. You Don't Deserve Him
15. Footie Game
16. Inspiration
17. Kiss You
18. Kiss Me
19. Round 1
20. Kicked Out
21. Eyedrops
22. Little Lux at Round 2
23. Fall
24. Wild Love for Oreo Cheesecakes
25. Mad Libs Medicine
26. Home, Run
27. Falling in Love
28. Scared of Love
29. Made for Loving You
30. Nightmares
31. Pasts
32. If I Could Fly
33. Heart Strings
34. JLBYH
35. No Good for You
36. We'll Be Okay
37. How Would You Feel
38. We're family
39. Getaway
40. Taking Care of You
41. Oasis
42. Meat and all that
43. Memory Lane
44. Leave
45. The Smell of Jealousy
46. True Alpha
47. Bruises
48. Snobbish Twats
49. Missing
50. Sherlock Holmes
52. Breaking Point, Breaking In
53. Broken Pieces
54. No Ordinary Love
55. I Cracked
56. Small Ray of Hope
57. Stay Gold
58. I've Found My Home
59. The World
Epilogue
Ocean & Moon

51. The Ringmaster

1.7K 104 64
By ohmynarries

Here's your double update!! X

NIALL

I cuddle my jacket tighter around me, tucking my hands into each of the sleeves and crossing my arms across my chest to keep me warm from the chilly night air.

Sighing, I stare at the pub coming up before me, already being able to hear the loud chatters from inside.

Well, at least he didn't decide to meet me in some remote area where he can easily kill me or some shit.

Pushing open the door to the pub, my eyes glance around the dim area. There aren't a lot of people, but they're all still loud and rowdy nonetheless.

I spot Edward's familiar blonde curls by the back booth, where he's laughing and chatting up some lad who's sitting on his lap.

I breathe out a deep sigh, willing myself not to chicken out and run.

"Let's just get this done and over with." I whisper to prep myself.

If anything happens, kick him in the balls and sprint away.

Ed's green eyes catches mine once I'm close enough, the smile on his lips stretching into a smirk instead as he lets his green eyes rake me from head to toe.

"I didn't really think you'd come, babe. You must really want to see him." He says, before gesturing for the lad to get off his lap.

He nods, climbing off Ed's lap, giving him a small, seductive wink before leaving.

I roll my eyes, taking a seat opposite him, at the far end of the booth, just in case there's a need for me to run.

He chuckles softly. "Why're you sitting so far? I won't bite."

I roll my eyes once more. "I'm here. Now just tell me what happened to Harry."

He laughs humourlessly. "Without actually doing anything for me?" He raises a brow. "We have a whole night together, babe. Why're you rushing? Here, have a drink." He slides over a tall pint of beer over to me.

I narrow my eyes suspiciously at him. "I didn't spike it if that's what you're thinking. I'm not that much of an arsehole." He says.

I scoff. "I beg to differ." I say, pushing the drink back to him.

"Suit yourself." He shrugs casually.

"Now tell me what happened." I demand.

He raises his glass, chugging down a large gulp of his beer.

"Harry's under house arrest and he's marrying Stacey." He simply says, shrugging.

"Don't you think I fucking know that?" I snap, watching as he smirks, obviously amused by all of this. He slams his drink back down onto the table, wiping his lip with the back of his palm.

"What's that father of yours hanging over his head?" I ask sharply.

He chuckles, shaking his head. "My father? No no no, I think you meant your father."

I start to turn livid, my entire body going hot in anger. But as much as it hurts, I feel like I should have expected it. I knew he was lying earlier, but him to be the one that masterminded everything, it hurts even more.

"My father, huh?" I mumble. "What is it then?"

"Simple. You." He says.

Before I could ask further, I watch how his eyes flicker to something behind me, the corner of his lips twitching into a slight smirk.

I glance behind me, immediately regretting it when I see the familiar hazel eyes approaching us. The sight of him literally makes me sick from the ends of my hair to the nails on my toes.

"Hi sweetcheeks." He practically purrs, smirking as he places a hand on my shoulder, rubbing the spot. "Miss me?" He coos.

"Absolutely not." I scowl, trying to shove his hand off.

He chuckles, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, forcing me into the booth while he takes a seat next to me.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asks casually, moving his arm off me, only to place his palm on my thigh. I squirm uncomfortably, nudging his ribs with my elbow.

He winces in pain, withdrawing his touch. I raise a brow at him. That was rather easy.

That's when I actually take the time to notice the fresh looking bruises on his face. And I think I have a fair idea of who gave it to him. He looked like his face got thrown into a blender. Purple welts are scattered across his cheekbones and jaw, a rather deep cut right under his left eye, and one on his neck hiding behind his t-shirt. There's also a nasty split on the side of his bottom lip.

That's my Harry.

My lips stretches into a knowing smirk. "The bruises add a nice touch to your ugly face, Jed." I quip, raising a brow tauntingly. "Harry sure did you nicely."

He scowls, before abruptly reaching up to grab my jaw between his callused fingers, gripping tightly, drawing a wince from my lips.

"Watch yourself, bitch." He growls. "Don't want a repeat of us, do you? From what I've heard, your precious alpha ditched you to marry some chick. Sad, innit?" He smirks, squeezing my jaw tighter.

I release a low growl, trying to slap his hand off, but he doesn't budge. I glare deeply at him. "Pretty sure if he really ditched me, he wouldn't have bothered rearranging your face." I say, gesturing to his bruises.

He glowers at me, fingers digging deep into my jaw bone painfully. I have two options, punch him in the face, or two, let him be. If I go with option one, he would most probably just retaliate and punch me back just as hard, or worse, beat me to death, and Edward would just be sitting by the side enjoying the show. Option two, he might crush my jaw. Either way, it's a lose-lose for me.

"Jed, leave us be, would you?" Ed finally speaks up. Surprisingly.

Jed scowls, his hand finally releasing my jaw. He leans in, too close for my liking, before pressing a disgusting sloppy kiss on my jaw, the spot he gripped. I push on his chest harshly before he finally pulls back.

"Sick fuck." I hiss, glaring at him.

He chuckles, shooting me a last smug smirk, eyes seeming as though he's practically undressing me with his eyes, before he finally leaves us. Not that I want to be left alone with Ed either, but honestly, between the both of them, Ed is a better choice than he is.

"He had something to do with it, doesn't he?" I ask him lowly. "About why Harry's being forced to marry that bimbotic snotface."

"Wanna know the full truth?" He raises a brow.

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't, you jackarse." I snap, rolling my eyes.

"Ouch. I thought you genuinely wanted to see me." He fake hurts.

"Why would I willingly want to see your cocky face?"

He chuckles. "My, you sure are salty." He muses. "But fine. I can tell you. But what's in it for me?" He raises a brow.

"You learning how to be an honest person and less of a dickhead?" I say, quirking a brow.

He laughs lightly once again. "Hmm, tempting, but no thanks." He says, before his green eyes glint slyly, and the familiar sly smirk stretches on his lips.

"I want a kiss." He says. "A full on snog, in fact."

I stare at him incredulously. "You're out of your goddamn mind if you think I'd agree to that." I hiss.

"Oh come on, babe. You didn't have a problem doing that when we were together." He smirks.

I glare deeply at him. "Fuck off."

He chuckles, shrugging. "Fine. Then you don't get to see Harry, nor do you get to know what happened to him." He says.

"How can I trust you'd tell me the truth?" I ask, narrowing my eyes suspiciously at him.

"Hey, I'm a man of my word. A deal is a deal. That, I can promise you." He says, smirking a little too innocently.

I sigh, running a hand over my face in desperation.

"We kiss for two seconds. That's it." I finally and reluctantly give in.

"Two seconds and you'd barely get anything out of me." He says. "Thirty seconds."

"Fuck no. Five."

"Twenty five."

"Ten. And that's the longest I'll go."

"Fine. Ten's all I need." He says, a sly smirk on his lips as he slides out of his seat, walking over towards my side.

My heart starts pounding in my chest in anxiousness once he takes a seat next to me, his face way too close for my liking.

Maybe if I ignore his blonde hair, I can imagine it's Harry?

It doesn't work like that, unfortunately, because Harry's just different.

"I want the full truth. You got it? Every single detail. If I ever find out you're lying, I'm gonna make sure I expose you to the entire school on how you objectify omegas. I can easily cook up a rumour that you're a sexual predator and your precious reputation will go down the drain. Got it?" I say sternly.

"Fine. Sheesh." He raises his hands in mock defence. "Can we get to it now?"

"Ten seconds." I remind him. He rolls his eyes, before abruptly reaching for my face with a hand, pulling me by the back of my neck and colliding our lips together.

He moves his feverishly against mine, but I keep my lips still, clamped shut.

He groans. "You want me to keep to my end of my deal, you keep yours." He growls.

I sigh, nodding reluctantly. He smirks triumphantly before connecting our lips once more, just as feverishly as the first try.

Reluctantly, I kiss him back, disgust coiling tightly in my gut and I feel nothing but a heart wrenching guilt in me.

10...

He shoves a hand into my hair, tugging hard on my blonde locks. Something builds up in my gut, and I feel like I can just throw up in his mouth any moment. Wish I could, but nothing seems to be coming out.

8...

His tongue traces my bottom lip, but I refuse to grant him access. My stomach feels like it's bubbling with acid.

6...

He bites down on my lower lip, causing me to whimper. He takes this chance to force his tongue through my slightly parted lips, immediately touching mine.

I almost blanch at the feeling, tears stinging my eyes because I just want Harry. I'm supposed to be kissing Harry like this. I'm supposed to be in his arms. I'm not supposed to be cheating on him, even though I was practically forced into it.

4...

He reaches for my hand, forcing them to drape over his shoulder. By now, I'm probably too sick to actually know what's going on.

2...

His tongue pushes against mine roughly, and it took everything in me not to crash his head against the wall.

0...

Immediately, I place my hand on his chest, shoving him back forcefully.

Longest ten seconds of my life.

His lips detaches from mine, leaving a disgusting bridge of saliva between our lips.

I cringe, reaching for a serviette, wiping harshly at my lip, wishing I could just burn off the top layer of my lip and dip my tongue in disinfectant.

He laughs lowly at my reaction, running his thumb over his bottom lip. "Fuck, I've missed that." He speaks lowly, eyes glinting with lust.

I scowl deeply at him. "Now speak. From the start, and the truth."

»»»

THIRD PERSON'S POV

(Flashback to the morning H went 'missing')

It's barely 8am when Harry's eyes slowly start to flutter open, relishing the feeling of having his love in his arms.

He stares down at the boy in his arms as he starts to recall the event of last evening. He didn't plan on going to Niall's home to crash the business dinner. He didn't mean to lose his temper like that. But lately with everything going on, can you blame him?

All he wanted to know was why. Why is his father so heartless? He doesn't care that he's not treating him like how a father should treat his son. What he cares about us how heartless is he to not even give a damn about how his wife is in the hospital because of him. He warded his own wife in the hospital, and not only does he not care, he's threatening to not pay for her fees just because Harry's refusing to marry that bimbotic snot.

With a sigh, Harry untangles himself from the sleeping blonde in his arms, deciding to go get them some breakfast, in hopes of washing away all thoughts of his father.

He kisses his mate's lips gently, before starting to freshen up, pulling on a matching pair of grey sweat suit. He quickly writes a note to inform Niall of his breakfast plans, sticking it on his mate's forehead, because he just knows that that's gonna get a smile out of him.

With that, he kisses Niall's lips gently once more before making his way out of his room, making sure to lock up the door, his mind already filled with the thoughts of the pancakes they're gonna eat.

»

"Thank you." The curly haired lad smiles kindly as he grabs the paper bag that holds their breakfast and drinks, before heading out of the small cafe. He's hoping that his simple action of getting them breakfast is a silent gesture in letting Niall know that he isn't planning to go anywhere.

Just as he's just a block away from campus, his instincts start to kick in when he feels pairs of eyes on him. He starts to get weary, looking out for anything out of the ordinary. And that's when he hears footfall just metres behind him. He glances over his shoulder briefly, only to hear the footsteps stop, no one in sight.

His fingers curl tightly around the brown paper bag as he braces himself for something to happen.

Nothing does.

Before he could begin his walk back to campus again, he spots someone, just a couple of meters in front of him. In that frozen second between stand off and fighting, Harry carefully watches as the stranger's eyes are watching him just as intently.

But he couldn't do anything about it because he's suddenly shoved roughly into the alley from the back. The action catches him off guard, causing him to drop the bag of food onto the cold, cobbled ground.

Strong arms seize his arms from behind, pulling them back painfully, fingers almost crushing his wrist while the other is wrapped around his neck, trapping him. Harry squirms, struggles as he tries to break free from the iron grip, but to no avail. If anything, it only causes him to start choking on the strong grip around his neck.

He watches, as a figure joins them in the alley way, features slowly coming to view, causing Harry to release a low growl when he notices who it is. His menacing eyes a blazing red as he stares him down.

"You're nothing but a coward, Jed." Harry hisses, still struggling to break free.

"You're really in no position to talk to me like that, Styles." Jed smirks wickedly as he eyes the helpless, lanky boy.

A sudden gush of pain jolts through Harry's body when Jed's fist collides with his gut. His stomach aches, his arms losing tension and his legs start to weaken. His tongue is soaked in the taste of blood when he tried to bite back his groans of pain.

Then, another blow flies straight to his jaw, causing blood to pool and eventually spill from his lips.

Harry can see it in Jed's blazing red eyes. How he feels the power building up after every punch that he throws, one after the other, only driving him to crave for more.

"Man, this is pretty fun. Definitely worth the money." Jed muses, sending another balled fist to Harry's jaw, flaying his neck backwards. He would have stumbled if it wasn't for the fact he's trapped.

"Who's paying you?" Harry asks lowly, spitting out the blood by Jed's shoes.

"Your 'father in-law'." He says nonchalantly with a sarcastic tone, before sending a strong kick down onto Harry's knee, making him howl out in pain as he feels his bones pop, his entire leg going numb.

"Frasier?" It can't be him though, Harry thinks. Frasier doesn't really give a damn if his father gets the deal with him or not. Either way, Frasier isn't on the losing end. There's no reason for him to desperately want his daughter to marry Harry.

Jed shakes his head. "Nope. Guess again, lover boy. But sorry, maybe I should have phrased it better. I meant to say, the father of the one you actually want to marry, that is."

Jed smirks widely when he notices how the colour drains from Harry's face. Or maybe, that's just because of the blood loss.

However, all Harry could think about at the moment, is how gutted Niall is gonna feel when he finds out that his own father has paid Jed to bash him up.

"But of course," Jed speaks up. "You might not even live to rat out to your omega." He hisses, still bitter about how Harry ratted his ex pack out to the police in the past.

Despite his sore jaw, almost broken leg, aching body and bloody mouth, Harry still found it in him to roll his eyes.

"Once you're finally out of the picture, maybe then I can finally get my way with him once again. I've missed him dearly."

Harry turns livid at his words. He feels nothing but a coiling disgust in his gut at the mere thought of his dirty hands on his precious princess. 

"Did he tell you about our little encounter? It was nice marking him again. Though, I must say, that little bitch sure is fast."

By now, Harry is seething with rage, fists balled up tightly, his breathing thick and heavy.

"Speak of him like that again, and I won't hesitate to bash your skull into the wall." Harry growls, his green eyes turning red.

He chuckles. "I'd like to see you try." He taunts, and the lock this other stranger has on him, tightens.

"Maybe the both of us can take it back like old times. Ahh, such fun times. When he was under me. All sweaty, hot, withering as I fucked him dry. Endlessly. Too bad you weren't there to witness it. We would have put on quite a show for you."

Everything happened too fast. Harry started flailing- no, thrashing in his trapped state, his legs abruptly flying up to kick his captor in the balls. Hard.

The grip around him loosens.  Bruised and winded and with a leg in agony, he throws himself towards a surprised Jed, crashing him into the brick wall behind him.

With no hesitation, he's sending his tightly clenched fist to his face, snapping his nose into a grotesquerie, blood immediately gushing out. He sends another one to his cheekbones, and one to his jaw, causing blood to splutter out from his lips and onto Harry's chest.

The man that was holding him, reaches out to grab Harry again. Prepared this time, Harry sends his bony elbow straight onto the man's nose, and one right in the ribs, shoving him off.

He pins Jed back against the wall, arm locked onto his throat to keep him still, his fists colliding with his torso repeatedly, he even kneed him in the balls once.

Jed groans, hunching over in pain, blindly throwing a punch up to Harry's jaw.

Being too caught up in venting his anger onto Jed, he doesn't notice the other man, coming up and pulling him back harshly, away from Jed. For a man who's barely able to stand, his grip is still iron tight on Harry nonetheless.

"Listen here ya bloody cunt," Jed seethes, spitting out the blood in his mouth before gripping Harry's bruised jaw in a hand harshly, his fingers digging deep into the already sore bone, practically crushing it like a peanut.

"If you don't want me doing this," he uses his other hand to gesture between the two bodies, "to your precious little princess, you'd stop fighting back and do as I say." He threatens, and Harry wishes to continue bashing his skull up till he's pummelled to the ground, but he stops himself because he'd rather him get all the beating than Niall.

"Do we have a deal?" He raises a brow.

Reluctantly, Harry nods, head hanging low.

"Good." He releases his death grip on Harry.

He then feels around Harry's pockets in his jeans, before fishing something out.

Harry glares deeply at him when he casually drops his phone down onto the ground, shattering the already cracked screen even further.

Jed then raises a foot, his heavy boots stomping on the device, crushing it into tiny pieces.

Harry's fists are clenched tightly as he seethes in anger.

"Now that that's done, let's get down to business, shall we?" Jed asks rhetorically.

Harry does nothing but stare deeply at Jed with nothing but cold hatred in his eyes.

"Now, all you've got to do after I'm done with you, is to go back home, wash up, and you're going to get married to Stacey Frasier, and let me handle the rest. Easy right?" Harry stares incredulously at Jed.

No way is he going to spend the rest of his life with that bimbotic brat.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" Harry snaps. "All this, just for a stupid marriage?!" He seethes.

Jed raises a brow challengingly. "Refuse and your omega's going to get beatings ten times as bad as what you're having now. And, trust me, I won't hesitate to wreck his arse." He threatens. "Oh, and a word to him, and it's the same consequences. Got it?" He stares down at the defeated alpha with a smirk, who can do nothing but to nod reluctantly in agreement.

"Why're you helping his father do this?" Harry asks weakly. "What's in it for you?"

Jed smirks wickedly. "Hundred thousand pounds. But better than that, revenge." He simply says, before he's throwing another fist right to Harry's gut.

And all Harry can do, is take the beating, one after the other, simply because if it means no harm would come to Niall, he'd gladly take all the beatings in the world thrown at him.

»

Harry doesn't know how long he has been sitting in that alley after he's completely beaten and bruised thanks to Jed. It could be mere minutes, hours, days maybe, but he just didn't care. His entire body was numb. Numb with pain. Both physically and emotionally.

Harry has never felt more helpless in his life. He doesn't know what to do. Niall is the only person in his life that means more to him than anything in the world. And now, he's being forced to leave him, forced to break his heart.

It hurts because he can't bear the thought of leaving, but what hurts even more is the thought of Niall, thinking that he left him for some blonde bimbo, when that's far from the case.

Without meaning to, a cry of pain leaves his lips. Not from the nasty physical wounds Jed left on him. But instead, it's from the excruciatingly painful wound that has been burned in his heart.

His tears mixes with the blood on his cheeks, the mixture flowing into his lips slightly, and he's able to taste the salty metallic taste. But he doesn't seem to care. All he cares about is Niall.

"Mate, you alright? Do you need an ambulance?" He hears an unfamiliar voice ask, but he doesn't reply. He couldn't. All he can do is curl himself up, head buried in his hands as he silently lets the tears fall, as he suffers in silence.

»»

Just a few blocks down, the devious Jed is leaning against a brick wall, just opposite from the University.

Niall's in his room. He should be leaving soon. Wait for him to leave before going in. And ensure that Styles got the message, loud and clear. He reads the text the ringmaster has sent him.

He simply replies with a quick 'understood' before stuffing his phone back into his pocket. He brings a lit cigarette up to his dry lips, drawing in a deep, long drag, the toxic smoke filling his lungs, before he's releasing a long puff of the white cloud.

His brown eyes are sharp, looking out for the innocent blonde, ready to put their plan to action when he's out.

He's been following them, Niall specifically, for awhile now, and he knows exactly where the room dorm is.

He smokes through one cigarette, then another and another, and soon, he's finishing up the entire pack.

By now, his patience is wearing thin. He has been waiting for at least two hours, and there's still no sign of the blonde.

He can't possibly be moping around in the room all day, can he?

He just about storm up to Harry's room for himself, but stops himself when he finally spots the cute blonde heading out.

He watches as the blonde heads down the block, the opposite way from where he's standing.

When he's out of sight, he drops his half lit cigarette to the ground, putting it out with the back of his heel, before striding into the campus, hands stuffed into his pockets to look as casual as possible.

He's whistling a tuneless tune nonchalantly while he makes his way to Harry's dorm room.

He tries the door knob, and of course it's locked. With a shake of his head, he raises a leg, sending his heavy boot-clad foot down onto the door, easily swinging it open, but keeping the doorknob perfectly in tact.

He scoffs at how easy his job is, before stepping into the small room. That's when he got to business.

He starts by grabbing the mattress, flipping it out of the bed frame. He then takes out a pocket knife, stabs it into the bed, pulling it down the middle, easily ripping it apart. He grabs drawer after drawer, pulling it out completely from its chest, emptying all the content onto the floor.

He scoffs when he sees a bottle of lube on the floor. Though, he can't help the sick feeling of envy. He had Niall first.

With that thought brewing anger in him, he starts going ham, kicking over the small dresser and study table, breaking the handle of the cupboard, stabbing the pocket knife into the pillows even further.

He's panting by the time he's done making the room look like a tornado went through it.

There's just one last step left.

He walks towards the wall directly opposite the door, looking around for a piece of paper so he can write down a message to Niall.

He rips off a piece of post it from its stack which has fallen to the ground because of the broken study table, sticking the bright yellow paper onto the grey wall.

That's when he starts hunting around the room for something he has written on so he can make this as realistic as possible.

He grins evilly when he notices another post it, with a note written on it, stuck on the top of the dresser. With that reference, he starts writing those two words that have the power to shred Niall's heart into pieces. 

He looks around the room in satisfaction once he was done with his job, a sadistic smirk on his lips.

With that, he casually leaves the room as though nothing has happened, pulling out his phone fingers flying over the keyboard to send the text to the ringmaster.

Job's done, Mr Horan. Harry Styles has officially left and broken your son's heart.

No sooner, his phone flashes, signalling a new message.

Good. Money's being transferred right now.

With a smug smirk, he stuffs his phone back into his pocket, whistling nonchalantly, as though he didn't just ruin and shatter the lives of two innocent and completely-in-love beings.

——-

So that's what happened! Did you guys expect it or nah?

Now as I'm reading it, it feels a little cliche and predictable, but oh wells, it had to happen

It's 2.51am and I'm knackered, goodnight/morning/evening 💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4.7K 113
I'm Scott Hoying, and I'm top alpha. Not just in my pack, but in the council as well. My omega is Mitch and he is stronger then you think. This is no...
129K 7.2K 70
"Is it possible to be in love with two people?" "Hell no." After being left by his boyfriend, Niall finds himself lost and heartbroken until he meets...
966 31 1
Sequel to Breaking the Bond It's not necessary to read that first but this one will make more sense if you do. Harry and Niall left America, and the...
405K 12.7K 35
A royal omega and a royal alpha, forced to wed and mate by their families. But maybe they get along? Maybe not? Their pasts will come back to bite th...