Facing Away (Broken Streetfig...

Bởi Via_Dez_Roy

(#1 in broken 7/5/2018) (#1 in Fighting 11/14/2020) (#1 in gangleader 11/14/2020) (#1 in Nerd 11/23/2020) ___... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Before We Begin
Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
A new friend?
Always
Ambush
Is my life a cliche story?!
A Game of Hula Hut
Victory Once Again
Emily...
Revealed Identity
You're a Girl!!
Inseparable Quads
The Call
Hospital
Injuries
Mother
Blind
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
*sigh* I got tagged
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Part Two
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty Point Five
Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Twenty Seven

10K 291 114
Bởi Via_Dez_Roy

AMY'S POV

I groan. My head and back hurt so much!

I squirm around, I'm sitting in an uncomfortable position.

"I would stop doing that if I were you," a hoarse voice grumbles. I immediately stop and look up.

"Caleb?" I mutter.

"That's me!" He smiles a strained smile. "Now stop moving would you?"

I feel something hard and my cheeks heat up.

I sneak a peak at Caleb and see that his cheeks are also red.

"Are you guys done staring at each other or what?" A new voice asks.

I look to the left and see Alexander clutching the wheel as though his life depends on it.

Caleb rolls his eyes from the corner of my eye.

"You're just jealous she isn't staring at you!"

Alexander shrugs his shoulders. "I would prefer for the rat not to stare at me."

Ouch. That one hurt.

"She's not ugly." Caleb defends.

"But she's not beautiful either."

"How about you stop talking about 'she' as though she weren't present at this very moment?" I intervene.

"Whatever," Alexander mumbles and goes back to driving.

I groan and clutch my head. "What happened?"

"Here," Alexander hands me his phone.

"Both hand on the wheel!" I scream at him.

He startled, dropping the phone between the seats and putting his hands back on the wheel.

"What the fuck Amy? Are you trying to get us killed?!" Alexander yells at me.

I look down in shame. I'm not afraid of cars, but I know that if I get into an accident, my siblings would have no one. They had Brenda, but she's not capable of handling them, not anymore.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

Alexander runs his hand through his hair, but quickly puts it back on the wheel, having realized his mistake.

"It's okay, just don't scare me like that."

"Here," Caleb holds out his hand. "Take my phone instead."

"Why?" I ask taking hold of the phone. "I want to know what happened."

Caleb unlocks his phone and shows me the screen.

A video appears, the image shown is one of me being held back by two football players.

"This video went viral within the five minutes it got posted. Someone recorded most of the fight between you and the football team, but there is no sound since you can't hear through everyone shouting, 'fight, fight, fight!'" Caleb explains.

I start the video, watching it load. It starts from when I lunge at Jeremy.

I watch the video, practically feeling my injuries burn in pain when I rewatch how they happened.

When it's over I hand the phone back to Caleb and stare out the windowshield.

"What about Sophie?" I suddenly questions. "Is she okay?! What happened to her?!"

Caleb tries to calm me down, but I'm too worried.

"What if he got to her? What if she's injured? What if-"

"Enough!" Alexander yells, not taking his eyes off the road. "Kylie and the rest of them are on the scene, in the meantime, try to calm down Brenda."

"Brenda?" I question looking around the car, but only see a black window behind us. "Where is she?"

Alexander pushes a button and the black window slides down. Suddenly, the sound of sobbing hits us.

"Where is she?" Brenda sobs.

"Shh, calm down Ren, she's right here." Alexander's gang member points to me. Talk to her, he mouths.

"Brenda," I say. "Calm down, I'm right here and I'm okay."

Her sobbing turns to sniffling at the sound of my voice.

"Amy?" She murmurs.

"Sh, it'll be fine Brenda, just calm down." I look towards Alexander's gang member. "Thank you for helping her, what's your name?"

"Andrew."

I nod. "Thank you for taking care of her Andrew."

He smiles. "No problem."

We sit in silence for the rest of the car ride.

-----

I flinch at the touch on my back.

"Does that hurt?" Mrs. Black asks me.

I nod. Again, for the second time, I'm back in Alexander's mansion, the west wing.

Mrs. Balck tugs on my shirt, "May I?"

I tense. If she lifts my shirt, all bruises and scars will be in full view.

I think she mistakes me tensing for shyness because she glares at the boys in the room.

"All of you, out!" She points to the door.

Andrew, Caleb and Alex all leave the room.

She turns to me. "Can I take a look at your back?" She questions.

I sigh and nod slowly. I feel as she lifts my shirt and I tense, waiting for her to mention the old bruises and scars, but she doesn't.

She touches the bruise on my back, feeling around. I let out a moan of pain.

She feels around the outer edge of the bruise before putting my shirt down.

She comes around and grabs her clipboard.

She sighs and sits down on her chair and turns to me.

"Okay, so I didn't want to say anything in front of the boys, but I want to talk about you and your sister's health." She says.

"What about it?" Brenda questions from across the room.

Mrs. Black takes a deep breath and glances at her clipboard before talking again.

"I've noticed the day Brenda came in here, bruises and scars on her body. At first, I thought it was from her accident when she landed in the bush, but now Amy," she looks at me straight in the eye. "I don't think that's the case."

I tense.

"Not only that, but Amy, you are underweight, but your muscles are strong. Why? Are you not eating?"

I let a breathe and try to relax. I shake my head, tears form at the edges of my eyes, but I refuse to let them fall.

"I try to let my siblings eat, before I, myself eat."

"W-" she's cut off by the door slamming open.

Shawn runs in, carrying a bruised and beat up Troy.

Sophie comes in after, sobbing. Everyone seems to trickle into Mrs. Black's office right afterwards. The room is too small to handle these many people though.

"What happened?" I ask.

Emily turns to me and smiles a sad smile. "He didn't wait for back up, he went after James himself."

EXTERNAL NARRATOR

Troy lands the first punch on James whom is on the floor.

"No!" Sophie screams. Tears are running down her face.

Troy punches James one more time before he is pushed off.

James climbs on Troy and punches him.

"Stop!" Sophie screams but neither of the boys seem to be listening to her.

Troy pushes James off and gets up quickly, James doing the same.

James throws a punch at Troy, but Troy not having much experience at this, gets hit square in the face.

Troy stumbles back and grabs his nose, which is now bleeding.

James takes that chance and kicks his feet out from under him. Troy's head slams against the floor, knocking him out.

James turns to Sophie who is sobbing uncontrollably.

"Your turn." He says, stalking towards her.

"In your dreams, you spoiled brat!" A new voice speaks up.

James turns around, only to get punched in the face.

"What t-" he gets cut off.

Bernie punches him again, before crying out in pain. "Ah shit! My hand!" He waves his broken thumb around in pain.

James chuckles. "Idiot."

He turns to Bernie and is about to kick him, when he's kicked from behind.

Jordan smiles in victory. Parker meanwhile goes to his sister.

"Sh, it will be okay Soph." He tries to calm her down.

Sophie ignores him and goes to Troy, who is still unconscious.

"Troy," she whispers. "Get up, please!"

She sobs on him. "Troy! Please!"

Jordan puts his finger tips on his brother's neck and sighs in relief at the constant beat of his pulse against his fingers.

He pulls back and looks to Parker who is looking to Bernie.

"You okay man?" He asks. Bernie shrugs his shoulders.

"It could be worse."

"And worse it will be." James snarls.

Two boys come out from around the corner.

James smirks. "Meet my cousins."

They both crack their knuckles. One has Black hair and the other has Brown hair.

The black haired one goes for Parker, while the Brown haired one goes for Jordan.

Sophie doesn't notice this, she's too distracted with Troy.

James stalks towards her and pulls his arm back.

"No!" Parker yells, while deflecting a blow from James cousin.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" A voice rings out. Everyone freezes.

Jordan stops mid punch, James black haired cousin stops mid kick, and James stops with his hand still raised in the air.

They all turn with fear in their eyes at Mr. Howard, the student behavior teacher.

"O'Neil, Kuether, and Nelson's, in my office, now!" They all get up and walk as slow as possible towards his office.

Mr. Howard goes and kneels down next to the unconscious Troy and sobbing Sophie.

"Sophie," he murmurs, grabbing her shoulder. "Come on, help me get him to the nurse."

Sophie wipes her tears and gets up, taking his left arm while Mr. Howard takes Troy's right arm. Together, they haul him to the nurse.

***

"Hurry!" Emily yells to Luke, who is driving.

"We are going as fast as the speed limit allows lady! Calm down!" Liam screams back from the passengers seat.

"Calm down Em, we'll get there on time, I promise." Bree says.

"I hope we do."

***

"

Troy!" Emily calls out, the minute security let them in.

"Sh!" Sophie shushs them all. "He's sleeping."

"We have to get him out of here," Bree whispers.

"I got this," Emily says.

"Mrs. Bluke?" She questions. A familiar old lady steps out of her office, her face wide with surprise at Emily's voice.

"Ms. O'Neil, what a pleasant surprise!" She says.

"Hello Mrs. Bluke, I've come to pick up my idiotic brothers."

"Jordan is with Mr. Howard. Poor kid." She mutters. "But Troy here is unconscious for the minute."

Emily nods and looks back to the group.

"Riley, Shawn, and I will go see Mr. Howard. You guys stay here with Troy."

Eveyone nods and Emily turns to leave. Riley and Shawn trail behind.

"It's been so long since I've been here." Riley whispers while looking around the school in wonder.

"It's been six years babe, that's not very long."

Emily groans. "Now I'm third wheeling, great!"

"Shut up!" Shawn smacks her arm.

"Don't hit me!" Emily smacks his arm.

"Guys, we're here!" Riley shushs them both.

Emily takes a deep breaths and enters the room first.

Suddenly, the air is thicker, she couldn't breathe for a few seconds.

"Damn, the tension is thick!" Shawn mutters.

"More like they still can't afford air conditioning." Riley says.

Mr. Howard looks up at the sound of voices. His eyebrows go up in surprise.

"Ms. O'Neil? Mr. Green? Ms..." He trails off, staring wide eyed at Riley. "Riley?"

Riley smiles. "Long time no see How."

"Riles!" Mr. Howard says with a smile. "How can I help you guys today?"

"I'm here to pick up my idiotic brother and Amy's brother as well." Emily states while looking around at the boys sitting in desks. "Wow, these desks are so tiny!"

Mr. Howard laughs. "You guys are giants now! Shawn, you used to be this tall!"

Mr. Howard puts his hand up parrellel to his desk.

"Was not!" Shawn exclaims.

Emily laughs. "Ya you were!"

Riley rolls her eyes. "Guys, catch up later, but do I need to remind you guys Troy is still unconscious?"

That makes the fun air leave the room.

"Riley, Riley, Riley," Mr. Howard shakes his head. "Always a party pooper. Anyways, go ahead and take them, I think it's obvious they were both trying to protect the youngest Kuether."

Jordan and Parker stand up heading to the door. Emily smiles back at Mr. Howard.

"Thanks How. See you next time!"

"Actually, I'd prefer if you come and visit on your own terms, not because of your siblings getting into fights."

"Ya, ya," Emily waves her hand in dismissal. "Bye Howard!"

Emily then turns on Jordan, grabbing him by the ear.

"I though I told you to wait for back up!" She hisses in his ear.

Jordan jerks away, but Emily's hold on his ear is too strong.

"It's not my fault! Bernie got a broken thumb when he punched James, and Sophie was busy crying over Troy to notice anything!"

"Who's James?"

"Who's Bernie?"

Both Riley and Shawn say at the same time.

"Oh!" Shawn says. "Bernie is a ga- sibling of one of Alexander's friends!"

"And James was the one after Sophie." Jordan says.

"Jeremy's brother." Emily puts in.

"Can you let go of my ear now?" Jordan whines. Emily sighs and lets go of his ear.

"But who were the other five kids in the room?" Riley asks.

"Two were already there, two were James cousins and the other one was Bernie." Parker says.

"Do you guys have any injuries?" Shawn asks Parker and Jordan.

"I think I have a few bruises here and there, but that's pretty much it." Parker answers.

"Same." Jordan says.

"Shawn," Emily says as they enter the nurse's office. "Carry Troy for me?"

Shawn nods. "Will do."

"Let's go guys." Emily says while Shawn lifts Troy. "Goodbye Mrs. Bluke!"

"Bye kids! And no more fights!" Mrs. Bluke yells behind them.

Not possible, they all think and then voice their thoughts.

They all laugh at each other before getting into theit separate cars and driving to Alexander's mansion.

Hey! 👋

How are you guys?

Enjoying the story?

What do you guys think? Should Mrs. Black figure out what's going on in Amy's life, or should Alexander find out first?

When do you guys want him to find out?

I'll you guys on Saturday, June 23rd! Maybe, I have a party to go to, but I'll try to update on time, and if I don't, it'll be on Sunday.

Bye!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

771K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
43.9K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
3M 35.7K 26
*{COMPLETED}* *First book of MHIAG* That's when I remembered that I bumped into someone. I looked up quickly to be met with two grey eyes looking me...
2.4M 64.3K 78
THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE EDITED ! Living in a hell hole with her abusive foster parents and older brother is all she knows. Magnolia Cambell's body is c...