Arden: The Gift Of Delirium

By creatistx

ARDEN SERIES : BOOK 2 & 3 Paranormal Romance Arden. The daughter of Athena. I have heard so much about you an... More

Prologue
Arden Series
Intro and Cast
Playlist
1. Here We Are
2. His
3. Thinking About...
4. Blonde with Blue Eyes
5. Transforming
6. Best Unsaid
7. Look Who It Is
8. We Meet Again
9. Surprise, Surprise
10. Confrontation
11. Devious Divination
12. Just You and I
13. Unpredictable Upbringing
14. Ebbing
15. Rallying
16. Hellenic Republic
17. Are We Ready for Change?
18. Get What's Coming
19. You'll All Get Yours
20. Meet Your Match
21. Delusion or Illusion?
22. Madness Rewind
23. Father to Son
24. Fatal
Author's Note
25. So It Begins
26. Taking It Back
28. Double Date?
29. Phlegethon
30. On Our Way
31. So It Continues
32. She's Cryptic
33. Trouble
34. Chaotic Case
35. Don't Worry About It
36. Welcome Back
37. Scandalizing
38. First Impressions
39. She Moves Like Magic
40. The Omega
41. The Time Has Come
42. Show Yourself
43. A Rebirth
44. I'll Be There For You
45. Zeus and Hera Part 1
46. Day At The Beach
47. My Love(s)
48. Reappearing Reprobate
49. Crossing Swords
50. Consigned To Oblivion
51. Retain What's Already Gone
52. Zeus and Hera Part 2
53. Family Relations
54. The Sun and Moon
55. Now You See
56. Hadrian's Library
57. Frenzy
58. Ablaze
59. Reminiscing the Rigorous
60. Backstory
61. Lost And Found
62. Up In Flames
63. Reunited
64. You Don't Say
65. Hoodwinked
66. Take It Back
67. Our Next Move
68. Inspire
69. Through Ace's Eyes
70. Envision
71. Odium
72. Assignments
73. Returning To Hell
74. You're Not Who You Say You Are
75. The Very Dark Queen
76. Harper Can Help
77. Corrupted With Fear
78. Zeus and Hera Part 3
79. The Beginning of The End
80. Remind
81. The Quill
82. Reprisal?
83. Heat of The High Point
84. Figment
85. Force
86. Unhinged
87. Soaring, Flying
88. Backfire
89. Night Fall and the Crack of Dawn
90. Unaware
Author's Note

27. Headache

127 8 7
By creatistx

I like to pretend that headaches are my memories are fighting each other...

***

Arden

I sat at the round table tapping my finger on the desk. I sat listening to Ace in front of me as he explained a bizarre dream he had.

"It was all dark and humid, I could barely see, and I'm telling you Arden, it felt too weird..." I studied him as he spoke. His hair was slightly crazy and hectic- almost like he didn't have time to style it in the way he always did. Luckily for Ace, it still looked pretty decent. Under his eyes were a bright red color and his eyes were narrowed. It was like he barely got any sleep last night.

"What happened?" I asked. Ace leaned forward as he recalled his dream. "I think...I think we were in the underworld and we were all together...but yet separate- there were walls dividing us. I think we were in a maze."

A maze...what?

"For some reason, we were all divided but we were looking for something. Something specific and I could tell we were struggling."

I was quiet before replying to Ace. "Was the dream specific? Like, was it detailed?"

Ace nodded. "Too detailed. There was also this song or lyric I had in my head and it was...I kept repeating it."

"Did we find what we were looking for?" Ace shook his head.

"Nope. The dream was basically pure senses."

I clawed at my thighs under the table. What the hell is happening to all of us? Lately, the number of visions and dreams have been increasing. Every night, I re-live a flashback of some terrible thing that has happened to me, whether it be Aspasia or the feeling of having the living shit beat out of me.

It made me angry all over again but I forced myself to try to maintain it, not think about it, forget about it. But, I couldn't forget about it. Every freaking six hours I imagine or think about something crazy.

"I'm starting to worry, Arden." Ace sighed. "Ali said he experienced the moment where Nikki was knocked out and taken by Hayden and Nate. Armani has been spacing out, thinking about who the hell knows. As soon as she comes back down to earth, she can't remember-"

"Can't remember?"

"I know when she's lying, Arden. It's like she goes to a completely different world."

Different world- I thought about the perspective of Zane and Hayden. The day I came to Green Brook, that very day I met everyone, they already had planned to stop me at something I didn't even know I was going to do.

I thought about the possibilities.

"Something's going on, Arden." Ace mumbled.

"I know, I know." I whispered. I took my hands and placed them on top of my head trying to prevent the migraine I knew was about to come anyway. "We're going to figure it out, okay. We always do."

Ace didn't respond. Instead he ran a hand through his blonde hair. "I saw...I saw Armani and Hayden today earlier." He started off and I lifted my head. Oh god. "I saw them together and they were talking....just talking. I-I don't wanna jump to any conclusions or make assumption-for my sake- but Arden, I think Hayden might be into Mani."

I just sat there and looked at Ace. When I didn't respond he also lifted his head to look at me- giving me a cautious look. "Into her," he continued, emphasizing his words. "And not a simple innocent like- I think he's into her, Arden."

I continued to stare, opening my mouth but nothing but silence flying out. I sighed. "He is." I spat out.

Ace's mouth widened and he gave me an incredulous look. "What?!"

I leaned forward and outstretched my hand. Ace was frowning and as his close friend, it was bad seeing him do it. Plus, Ace likes to look on the bright side. He's almost never frowning

"Ace, listen-"

"And, i'm figuring this out now because..."

"Because, I wasn't going to blow it out of proportions. Ace, it literally means nothing....yeah, he's fond of her but I guarantee he's not going make any moves."

"Damn right he's not," Ace clenched his fist on the table in front of us and I gave him a pointed look, pressing my lips together. "I'll send a raven to jab the shit out of him."

I snickered at Ace's adorable yet violent threat. "As your best friend, just trust me okay. You know Mani, I know Mani, she loves you. She loves you so much."

"I am pretty amazing." Ace stated in a 'duh' tone.

The knob on the door twisted and soon, my mother along with Nikki beside her entered. Athena was dressed in her usual white wrap with a signature of blue. Nikki was sweating and wearing her sportswear. She was rubbing her back and she entered and dramatically plopped in a chair beside me, panting heavily.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Literally any time I see Nikki, she's in the midst or just finishing a duel with someone. The girl loves to fight in any form she can.

Athena chuckled. "I had to recruit in our never-ending fighter. Any time I see Nikhole in the training center, she's always battling with someone."

"Who was it this time? Ace asked gesturing to Nikki.

"Her name is lsla. She's a Harpie, I believe. She said Ares invited to train here when she wanted after he discovered she was a disparate."

"A Harpie?" I asked. Nikki nodded.

"A Hybrid." Ace added and Athena nodded.

"Correct." Harpies are hybrids. They're females but they were also half bird. Changing into a fully developed bird when they want, they actually had nice abilities. However, like the Kabalos, they can also be a little mischievous. It's rumored, not known, that their leader was the Phoenix. The bird that always rises, the one of a kind. If the Phoenix is really put there, no one knows who she is. No one but herself, and her followers. Her and her chosen harpies.

"So, my young ones, I thought we could practice our sayings." Athens clapped her hands in front of her. Silence filled the room and Athena gave us a sarcastic smile. "Do not sound too excited."

I decided to ask my mother a question, a question that could maybe be the answer to all the craziness and chaos that was going on.

"Athena." She locked gazes with me and nodded.

"Yes, sweetie?"

I briefly looked at Ace and Nikki before continuing. "Do you think- I mean...what does it mean when disparates experience....vivid dreams.....maybe visions or illusions?"

Athena looked at me curiously before answering. "Actually, it is quite normal for young demi-gods to experience certain optics...i'd prefer the term flashbacks and memories, in such a way, they might seem real. Yes." She answered seriously. "Have any of you experienced any vivid dreams?"

I shrugged and looked around at Ace and Nikki. "Um, maybe just one or two."

"Yeah," Nikki added. "It's no big deal."

Athena nodded. "Alright, then. Let's continue."

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I fought the urge to take out my phone and check it. I didn't want to since we were in the presence of Athena.

I decided to just check and surprised when I saw the text message I just received.

'What are you doing later? -Hayden.' 

*****

Yeah, yeah, I know. It was really short but the next chapter will be better. I really want to finish this book before the fall, which probably won't happen, but it could. 

What do you think Hayden wants? Of course you'll find out in the next chapter. You'll love it. Until next time, 

-brittany. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 248 15
โš ๏ธThis book does feature abusive and mature/sexual themes, scenarios, and language. โš ๏ธI do not own the rights to the photo used as my book cover. ...
55.4K 3.2K 22
๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐จ๐ข๐š | ฮตแฝ”ฮฝฮฟฮนฮฑ ๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง. ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ - ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐, ๐š ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ญ. "๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ข๏ฟฝ...
Ares By A

Romance

427K 10.9K 38
โ€ข MATURE STORY โ€ข Sydney couldn't help but give her best friend curious eyes after that encounter, watching the stunning man walk away from the corner...
3.9K 78 26
Celeste Constantine is no normal girl, not even in modern day standards. It's 2020 and Celeste lives in a small apartment, with her cat Smile and her...