GUILT | s.r [BOOK 1]

By honeyndmilk

Mona Hastings. You know her, you love her. She's liberty highs sweetheart. Here to make her last two years... More

Dont you want to share the guilt?
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
S I N

0.8

6.2K 151 10
By honeyndmilk

The night we met- Lord Huron

You don't get to fuck with my life because you don't like who you are

"Do you need a ride to the dance?" Mona was currently getting everything ready for tonight.

Hannah gasped "I forgot to tell you!" She sat up and looked at Mona "My mom and Dad rented me a car! I'm picking up Courtney and her friends." Hannah lays back down "So, I guess the question is, do you need a ride?"

Mona looked at Hannah through the mirror and smiled "Scott's taking me, remember?"

"Speaking of your boyfriend." Hannah sat up once again "How is everything going?"

Mona blushed as she looked anywhere but her "It's Good." She turned and walked to her bed, sitting next to Hannah "Its really good."

She looked at Hannah "it's such a nice feeling."

"What is?"

"Being loved." Mona looked at the picture that was sitting on her night stand. It was one of the baseball games, Mona and Scotty were were standing next to each other. Mona had one of the biggest smiles on her face while Scott was looking down at her.

"He loves me despite how broken I am. He sees someone worth loving and I can't thank him enough for that." She whispered. Mona turned and looked her friend "Ryder never made me feel this way."

Hannah looked at the girl in silence before a wide grin broke on her face. "You're so in love." She laughed, shoving her shoulder.

"I think I am." Mona spoke so softly, she didn't think Hannah heard her.

She was so wrong.

"Oh my god!" Hannah squeals as she jumps up. "Oh my god!

"What?"

"You are!"

Mona laughed as she shoved Hannah off the bed. Hannah hits the ground with a thud and Mona couldn't help but laugh.

Hannah pops her head above the bed "Did you have to do that?"

•|•

"You really do look absolutely gorgeous, baby." Scott said in her ear as they went to grab a drink.

Mona laughed and pushed his head away "you told me that already."

"Don't forget it." He smiled, squeezing her side as Jeff walked up to them.

"I need her." He pointed a finger at Mona.

"Hey!" Scott yelled at Jeff as he grab her hand and pulled her through the crowded gym.

"Jeff!" Mona laughed as she got pulled behind "where are you taking me?"

"We need to get clay to dance with Hannah."

"Oh, I'm so in."

"Babe!" Scott grabbed her hand.

She turned to look at him "Scott! Come with."

They made their way through the surprisingly occupied bleachers. "This is a dance." Mona mumbled "why are they all sitting here?"

She huffed as she sat down. "What are you doing up here, Clay?"

"I didn't want to come! Jeff made me." Clay thrusted his hands at a smirking Jeff.

"Just ask her!" Jeff laughed, nodding his head to where Hannah was sitting.

"Ask who?"

"Uh, Hannah?" Scott said as he wrapped an arm around Mona's waist. "Even I know that." He muttered.

"And do what?"

Mona slapped her forehead "it's a dance yeah?"

Clay nodded.

"So ask her to dance!" Jeff and Mona both exclaimed at the same time.

"I can't dance." Clay was trying to get out of this.

"No one can dance." Mona scoffed "look."

"I can't."

"I walked up here, you have to ask her." Mona crossed her arms.

"Ok, I'll go."

Jeff smiled and patted his back "good."

They all sat there waiting for clay to make his move. "Clay?" Mona asked.

"Yeah?"

"This is the part where you go to Hannah."

"Right."

"Care to dance?" Scott stood up and bowed, putting his hand out for Mona to take.

"Of course."

"What about me?" Jeff asked with a pout.

"Go dance with your date." Scott yelled as the two walked away.

Mona kept seeing Montgomery look at her while he was 'dancing' with Courtney. What's his deal?

"There's no way." Monty disagrees, he's known the girl for years, that's not her in the picture.

"Don't believe me?" Courtney asked.

"No." He laughed "and I won't. Just tell me if it's you."

"It's not me!" She yells, she collects herself as she sees the wide eyes Montgomery had. "It's not me."

"Then who is it?"

She looked around and made eye contact with Hannah, who smiled when she realized it was Courtney.

Courtney reached up and brought his head closer to her lips "It's Hannah."

Monty laughed "No fucking way." He quickly walked off.

Mona watched in slow motion as Monty walked up behind Hannah and said something that clearly offended her. Courtney ran out of the gym to get some air as Hannah quickly followed after her.

"I'll be back." Mona tapped Scott's arm as she ran off, leaving her boyfriend there confused and alone.

"What did you say to her?" Mona pushed Monty's shoulder as she approached him.

"Mo. Calm down."

"What did you say!"

"Nothing!" He yelled raising his hands.

She rolled her eyes "fine, don't tell me." She walked off to exit the gym, upset that Monty lied to her.

"I have been a friend to you, and this thing your scared of people to know about doesn't matter to me." Mona slowed her steps as she heard Hannah speak.

"Han?"

Hannah ignored her best friend and continued to rant "I get that you're scared but you can't hide behind me, I'm not your shield."

Mona walked closer to Hannah and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You don't get to fuck with my life because you don't like who you are!"

"Hannah." Mona tried to reason with her but she was far to upset.

Hannah gave Courtney one last glance before she quickly walked down the hallway. "What happened?" Mona asked as tears filled Courtney's eyes.

"I hurt Hannah."

Mona grew defensive "What did you do?" First Monty now her? Can Hannah catch a break?

"The picture was me and her!" Courtney yelled, surprising Mona as she took a step back. "I'm a lesbian, ok!"

"It is ok." Mona said as she placed her hands behind her back.

"It's not." Courtney sneered, wiping her eyes quickly. "It's not ok." She spoke quietly as she marched off.

Mona stared at the spot where she previously stood before she realized her friend was crying. "Hannah!" She gasped as she ran down the hallway.

She pushed open the entrance doors and scanned the parking lot, looking for a certain girl.

Mona spotted Hannah trying to get a wasted Jessica Davis in her car. "Han!" Mona yelled running over to her. "Need some help?" Mona laughed as jess slipped some more.

"Please?" She groaned.

The two girls quickly put Jess in the passenger seat, closing the door after her seatbelt was secure. "Courtney told me."

Hannah whips her head to Mona. "Told you what?"

"That the other girl was her." She pushed some hair back.

Hannah scoffed "I'm so done with this school, more specific, it's students."

Mona smiled sadly "I hope I'm not on that list"

"I'd never put you on a list."

Never say never.

////
I feel like I haven't updated in a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 1.9K 114
With everything that has happened to Hannah Baker during her time at Liberty High, one event finally makes her decision very clear. She starts thinki...
37.3K 529 40
Sierra baker is the cousin of Hannah baker. When life starts to go wrong for Sierra, her aunt and uncle take her in to life with them. Hannah and S...
136K 1.9K 26
In which a best friend returns home (Social media x real life) [book 1]
262K 7.6K 40
𝗔 𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗧𝗧 𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬.