Only Heart *Chris Evans*✅

By Lovey1206

"Hey....be my girlfriend." Chris swallowed nervously. "Really?" Laney slid her hands over his chest and then... More

Cast
The Break-up
~Day One ~
~Instagram~
Hello again......
'Sometimes its better to be alone, no one can hurt you that way'
~Instagram~
Broken Promises -Flashback-
'Just because I let you go, doesn't mean I wanted to'
~Twitter~
'....I said I was through, but I'm dying inside...'
'Thinking of you is a poison I drink often' Atticus
~ Instagram ~
'And I smiled at him as if I'd never shed a tear for him'
'Missing you comes in waves. Tonight I'm drowning.'
'Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life'
'a sky full of stars and he was staring at her' Atticus
'little does she know...... he thinks about her too'
'.....it's complicated....'
'We could pretend we didn't end with a bad goodbye'
'We looked at each other a little too long to be just friends'
'I like me better when I'm with you'
'Nothing's that bad if it feels good'
'I want him, but I also want to get over him...neither are happening'
'she broke her own heart, holding on to him'
'New York is always a good idea'
~Instagram~
'New York, it puts a spell on you'
'Falling asleep to the sound Of sirens I've got a city love'
'I'm in a New York state of mind'
~Instagram~
'Bye Bye Big Apple.....Hello La La Land'
~The Tabloids ~
'a mistake repeated more than once is a decision.'
'she smiled in defeat with unconquerable eyes'
'To Walk Alone in London is the Greatest Rest'
~Instagram~
'mixed signals and second thoughts'
'I'm cozy in the walls I've built to protect myself'
~ Instagram ~
'Understand your own heart before you handle another'
'You are my new favorite feeling'
'Ex's and Oh's'
'If she only wants you, don't worry about who wants her'
~ Instagram ~
'Eye contact is way more intimate than words will ever be'
'You will break. but oh, you will also heal.'
'One day her heart will stop mentioning you.'
'And anyone who saw how she looked at him knew she was hooked'
~Tabloids~
'You're the last thing my heart expected'
~Social Media~
'What a plot twist you were'
'You're only the love of my life'
'What a lovely little mess I've made'
'You let go of me so easily'
'It's a lonely thing, protecting a breakable heart'
~ Instagram ~
Note to self: Detach
~ Instagram~
'I was so broken over you'
'Happiness looks gorgeous on you.'
~ Instagram ~
'It's been about you since the day I met you'
~ Instagram ~ Twitter ~
'Something tells me I'm going to love you forever'

'I guess it's gonna take me longer than I thought to get over you'

4.1K 89 8
By Lovey1206

Sitting at a hole in the wall bar they had discovered while filming Civil war, Laney, Tommy, Chris, Mackie, Sebastian, and Scarlett ordered another pitcher of beer. They had been there for almost 45 mins which was enough time for Laney to have just the right amount of liquid courage to relax and flirt with Chris. Playing along with the nightly bar trivia, Laney and Chris had teamed up and were pretty much dominating the table.
"Got room for a few more?"
Laney looked up to smile at Jeremy who had just walked in. Before her mouth could even form a hello her eyes locked in on the 2 figures behind him. Hemsworth and Tom. Laney turned to Scarlett who was sitting on the other side of Tommy. Pushing Tom forward so Laney could whisper to her behind his back she tugged on Scarlett's shirt.
"What the hell Scar?"
"Hey! In my defense I only invited Renner. He brought the Aussie and the Brit!" She hissed back.
Everyone scooted to make room for the 3 at the circular table. It was a tight squeeze forcing Laney to be pushed in between Chris and Tommy and directly across from Tom.
"Well this is awkward." Tommy leaned over whispering in Laney's ear. He nudged her playfully.
Jamming her elbow in his side she scooted closer to Chris who grinned at her. Glancing up at Tom she swore she could feel the heat in his stare as he watched her next to Chris.
"We need shots." Laney spit out before she could stop herself.
"Here here!" Holland banged his beer mug on the table.
Laney raised her hand to signal the waitress.
A round of shots was ordered for the entire table. It went down Laney's throat smooth leaving a fiery pit in her stomach. Pushing herself up she went to the bar and ordered another, this time a double. Raising it to her lips it disappeared in one smooth sip. Within moments she felt the effect of the lemon vodka enough to go back to the table and face Tom, literally.
Tommy gave her a look as she squeezed back into her seat. "Did you just go have another shot?" He asked.

Laney nodded feeling almost instantly more at ease. It hadn't take long for the alcohol to work it's magic.

"Ah my trivia partner has returned!" Chris slid the electronic trivia device towards her on the table. "Ready for another round?"

"Of course!" She grinned at him turning her focus to the trivia.

After the round, which she and Chris won again, Laney finally let her eyes raise across the table to Tom. She quickly looked away realizing he was staring at her. They all had had another round of shots and Tom had switched from beer to whisky. He had a look in his eyes that Laney knew well. It was an intense, dark, lust-filled almost angry look. She was fairly certain it was a reaction from the whiskey. She had only seen it a handful of times in the 2 years they had dated. The last time being at her brother's engagement party. It was a complete contrast of how Tom normally was, sweet, caring, romantic. And sex with that Tom was amazing. How could it not be? Classically handsome with his strong jaw line and piercing blue eyes. His tall frame enclosed by the lean muscles of his back and abs, long, strong fingers, and that sexy accent whispering in her ear. But the whiskey, it inspired dark, dirty sex, and well, there was a reason why the last time Laney had seen it they were up all night.

He turned into this rough, take charge, borderline obsessive, passionate sex god. Seeing the look in his eyes this night Laney knew she'd have a hard time saying no. She had to do everything in her power to not end up alone with him.

Turning to Tommy she tried to discreetly whisper in his ear. "Don't let me go anywhere alone tonight."

He turned with a confused look on his face. "What about the loo?"

She shook her head. "Make sure Scarlett comes with me."

"You're being extremely odd right now, even for you."

"Look at Tom."

Tommy looked up

"Not right now!" She pinched his leg under the table.

"You're abusive." Tom yelped with a groan. "But yeah, ok he's staring at you. Well me now, thank you." He narrowed his eyes rubbing his leg where he swore she practically drew blood with the death pinch.

"I just don't trust myself around him. You've got to make sure I'm not alone with him."

"Hey what's so secretive?" Chris leaned over flicking a piece of Laney's long, honey blonde hair playfully.

"He's trying to persuade me to ditch you and team up with him for the next round of trivia." Laney turned her eyes to Tom.

Tommy nodded. "Yup. Cheeky girl she is, pinched me instead of just saying no."

"You can't have my partner." Chris slung his arm around Laney's shoulders pulling her back against him.

Hiddleston's chair slammed back loudly as he stood up and navigated his way to the bar.

"Oh hell. It's gonna be a pub brawl." Tommy flinched.

Scarlett laughed. "Maybe we need more alcohol."

"More shots!" Mackie demanded.

Moments later another round of shots arrived at the table. Laney knew she should probably stop while she was ahead, but she grabbed the shot, tapped it to the table and turned it bottoms up.

Drunk. Laney was drunk. Thank God everyone else at the table seemed to be to, although maybe not as much as she was. The guys alcohol to weight  ratio, compared to hers and Scarlett's, made a difference of course.

Laney was one shot away from going Coyote Ugly and singing and dancing on the bar top. At this point she was openly flirting with Chris and just as openly ignoring Tom. It was working fantastic....for her anyway.

"I've got to use the bathroom." Laney shook her head hoping it would help her brain come out of the alcohol – induced fog a bit.

Standing up her eyes scanned the room for the restroom sign.

"Hey!" Tommy called as she disappeared down the hallway. "You're not supposed to go alone!"

Looking at her reflection in the mirror she stifled a yawn. It had been a long day. She fluffed her hair and tried to wipe the smudge of eyeliner off from underneath her eye.

Opening the door it dawned on her that she had gone to the bathroom alone. Thankfully there wasn't anyone else in the dark corridor but her. As she paused to adjust her dress before returning to the group the men's bathroom door opened.

"Tom." She froze like a deer in the headlights.

"Laney." He eyed her before walking past her.

Her shoulders slumped in relief as it appeared he was going back to the table. But he stopped and turned back around. Taking a few steps back he was standing in front of her.

She swallowed nervously trying to avoid his eyes.

"You won't even look at me?" She wasn't sure if it was a statement or a question he was asking.

Slowly her eyes lifted to meet his.

Shit. It was the lust-filled, angry sex god.

He didn't say anything but took another step closer to her, so she backed up to the wall. The light was so dim in the dingy bar bathroom hallway. It didn't help with the sexual tension that was sure to erupt any moment.

Taking one finger he slowly traced it up her arm and back down again. Licking his lips, he took another step closer.

Leaning back against the cool, hard wall Laney closed her eyes. Tom faced her leaning one hand against the wall above her head, his head dipped low and his lips grazed her ear before they slowly met her neck in gentle kisses. Leaning her head to the side, she arched her back practically begging for more.
As his lips reached her collar bone he brought his hand up, using his finger to trace it, dipping down the front of her dress just enough to watch her inhale sharply as she bit her lip suppressing a moan.
Her hands, which had been idle at her side till now, twitched as she brought them to his chest sliding them up and over his shoulders. Running her hand up the back of his neck, through his hair she raised her mouth to meet his.
"Laney we should- oh shit." Holland stopped abruptly as he came around the corner and looked away. But then looked back like he had come upon a terrible accident he couldn't turn away from. Laney jumped pushing Tom back, sliding out from where his tall frame had covered her.
"Let's go." She straightened her dress for the second time, pushing her hair behind her ears she grabbed Tommy's arm quickly making her way out of the dark hallway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 37.6K 138
𝒩𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓈𝒽𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 Audelia Motter and Tony Stark had each other's backs...
14K 399 6
Falling for your best friend is never easy, especially when said friend is also your married best friend. 2am on a Monday morning, that's when his li...
100K 2.3K 55
In which an Asgardian Goddess finds a Brooklyn Soldier, and they fall in love. ''I love you.'' ''I love you too. I'll love you forever.'' ''Forever...
3.7K 78 38
"Keep my Bucky safe alright?" I said straightening Steve's jacket. "You act as if I ain't here, Babydoll," Bucky chuckled grabbing my hand and pullin...