'Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life'

Feeling the urgency in his kiss Laney turned on her back. Tom pushed himself up, resting on his forearms, one on either side of her, he hovered over top of her. Lowering himself down, his hand slid up her side under her old T-shirt. His mouth left hers, hungrily making its way down her neck and chest. His fingertips felt like fire burning into her skin. She whimpered a little and he brought his mouth back to hers once again for another passionate kiss. Laney turned her head breaking the kiss.
"You should go." Her voice was hoarse.
Tom was silent. His head dipped down, resting his forehead on her temple for a moment he held back a sigh carefully rolling off her.  He stood up and Laney watched his shadow dance across the wall as he gathered his belongings and slipped out her hotel room, never saying a word.
Laney lay still for a moment. The storm seemed to have passed. And Tom definitely wasn't coming back. The sob that came from her mouth without warning actually scared her. The tears came fast and hard and the cry came from her belly. Turning into her pillow to muffle the sound she punched the bed, willing the ache to stop. Why had she allowed him to come in? Why did he kiss her? Why did he leave so easily?

The next morning the sound of Laney's alarm sounded like a bomb going off. It took her a minute to get her bearings. But the memories of the night before flooded back to her brain quickly. Grabbing her phone, she turned the alarm off and saw an array of text messages.

Tommy

You ok? You're not answering my call. Call me

Delivered.

Tommy

DELANEY RAE! Answer me. I'm getting freaked out let me know you're home.

Delivered

Tommy

Downey's gonna drop me at your hotel.

Delivered

Tommy

Ok I'm still on the party bus. Call me.

Delivered

Tommy

It's 1 am. Answer me...I'm coming over.

Delivered.

Laney frowned at her phone. "He never came over." She muttered to herself with a roll of her eyes.

She swiped her phone to the next message.

Evans

Just checking on you. I'm sorry I couldn't leave with you. I hope you got home safely.

Delivered

Laney smiled. Chris was the sweetest guy she knew. She read the time he had texted her. 12:30. Yeah she had probably been making out with Tom at that time. Groaning she pulled the blankets over her head. She should have just stayed with Chris, Scarlett and Jeremy. Facing the bad weather was much less dangerous then leaving with Tom proved to be.

Chris walked onto set Monday mid-morning checking his phone, hoping Laney had texted him back, but still nothing. He really was an idiot. She had left with Tom. Tom, who by the looks of last night, was still in love with her. Noticing Holland talking to Pratt outside Holland's trailer he walked over to them