'mixed signals and second thoughts'

A/N - Ehhh I'm having horrible writers block. Not for the overall story but trying to move things along. I hope this isn't terribly boring......

You're in London?

Laney yawned as she tried to read the text message. It was Tom. She pushed the phone away from her and turned over snuggling deeper into the couch cushions.

__________________________________

"Laney....yo Laney you alive girl?" Tom poked Laney in the back.

"What time is it?" She opened one eye turning over. "Wait where am I?"

Tom and Harrison laughed.

"You're in London darling." Tom replied. "And it's nearly 2 in the afternoon. We wanted to let you sleep as long as possible. But we want to go out and get in a little trouble." He grinned.

"Trouble?" She rested her hand on her forehead squinting at Tom and Harrison who were both kneeling at the couch staring at her.

Tom nodded, "However right now we're both starving so we were hoping you'd get up so we can go get food."

"How long have I been asleep?"

"6 hours maybe?" Tom grabbed her phone from where she had thrown it on the floor hours ago.

"That thing has been going off all morning." Harrison nodded towards her phone.

"Tom."

"Yes love?"

"No, Tom. Hiddleston. He's been texting me." Laney took the phone from Tom, using her thumb she unlocked it and pulled up her messages. "5 from master of mischief."

"Is that what you have him as in your phone now?" Tom laughed grabbing Laney's phone back. Since the name mix-up in Atlanta, where she had texted the wrong Tom, Laney had changed her contacts to nicknames. She enjoyed it so much she started changing them every few weeks or so to different names.

Laney shrugged as she propped herself up to a sitting position on the couch.

"Let's take a look and see what I am called this week." Tom scrolled through her messages until he found his. "Side-Kick?" He laughed.

"I just changed that this morning." Laney yawned.

"What's Evans?" He kept scrolling, "Bam Bam." Tom erupted in laughter. "What's Harrison?" He wanted to know.

"Take a look."

"Thing 2? How can I be thing 2 if there is no thing 1?" Harrison read over Tom's shoulder.

"Tom was thing 1 up until about 8 hours ago."

"You're wifey in Tom's phone." Harrison shoved Tom with his shoulder.

Laney laughed. "I know. I put it there."

Harrison rolled his eyes. "Gross."

"Playa hater." Tom grinned. "Ok Laney seriously. 20 minutes and we're leaving without you."

30 minutes later Laney was pulling her hair up into a messy bun following Tom and Harrison out the door.

As they sat down at the restaurant and placed their drink orders Laney's phone buzzed. She slid it out of her bag and smiled.

"Must be Bam Bam." Tom laughed.

Laney shrugged with a sly smile bringing the phone to her ear, "Hey."

"How's it go across the pond?" Chris asked.

"It goes good. I'm with my 2 favorite guys about to have a huge lunch."

"Hey." Chris frowned.

"Ok with 2 out of 3 of my favorite guys." Laney rephrased.

"You must have Harrison with you. You've got double trouble Hunter."

"I know it."

"Hey Chris!" Tom called, "What's Laney called in your contacts in your phone?"

Laney switched it to speaker.

"Laney...." He sounded puzzled.

"Really? You don't have any cute nickname for her?"

"Should I?"

"She has one for you."

Laney clicked the button to take Chris off from speaker. "It's not cute." She blushed.

"Oh come on now. What is it? You have to tell me."

"Fine. Bam Bam."

"I like it!" Chris laughed. "What's Holland....I'm scared to ask actually."

"Side-Kick."

"Ok not bad. I wasn't sure what to expect."

Laney laughed. "Uh oh here comes the waiter. I will call you later?"

"Counting on it."

After a huge lunch the trio decided to bar hop. By 8:00 they were all pretty trashed and between that and still fighting the jet-lag Laney was ready to go back to Tom's. Harrison tagged along again to spend another night at Tom's as well. 10:00 pm in London was only 2:00 pm to Laney. Harrison and Tom both passed out not long after 10 but Laney was having a hard time doing the same, so she laid on the couch watching tv. After about an hour into some horror movie she was having a difficult time following her phone rang. It was Tom. She debated answering it. She had ignored his text's all day.

"Hello?" She gave in.

"Laney!" He sounded so thrilled that she had answered, she had to smile.

"Hi Tom."

"You're in London! I cannot believe you went and didn't tell me."

"It was a secret."

"Well tell your boyfriend not to keep posting you in his Instagram stories."

Laney laughed. An hour and a half later she was still talking to Tom and laughing so loudly she woke Holland up.

"Tell Evan's I said to keep it down." Tommy called walking into the living room.

Laney's eyes grew wide and she shook her head back and forth.

"Evan's?" Tom repeated.

"That's not Chris?" Tommy tried to hold back a shocked grin with little success.

"Tommy just woke up. I should go. I'll talk to you later." She hung up before he could say anything else.

"Who was that? You talking to Hiddles? Girl you are asking for trouble. Pick a dude and stick with him." Tommy shoved her over and laid down on the couch next to her.

"Fine I choose you." She stretched her legs out so that her feet were near his head and vice versa.

"Good choice love. Go to bed." He yawned and fell right back to sleep.