'If she only wants you, don't worry about who wants her'

"Hi Boyfriend." Laney swung her front door open and grinned at Chris.

"I do love the sound of that." He stepped in taking her into his arms. He paused his lips against hers, "Is Zoey here?" He peered into the house.

"No, she's at an audition." Laney raised an eyebrow smiling.

"Oh, is she?" Chris tossed his keys on the console table to the side of the door. He brought his hands up cupping her face gently, he drew her towards him for a kiss that started slowly but quickly escalated to passionate.

"You are an excellent kisser." Laney pulled back but wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thanks. You're pretty great yourself."

"Thanks." She echoed pulling her lower lip in between her teeth she bit down.

"Can I ask you something?" Chris cocked his head to the side.

"Anything,"

"You and Tom are.....done, right?"
Laney tipped her head forward her eyebrows raising.

"Forget I asked. You don't have to answer that."

"I don't mind." Laney took a step back before continuing, "Yes we are done. I told him you and I are dating."

"You did?" Chris looked shocked.

Laney nodded, "Yeah, does that surprise you?"

"No....I'm glad that you told him. Does he still.....have feelings for you?"

Laney turned away walking into the living room, "Yeah." She sighed, "He does. But I've told him we aren't going to get back together."

Chris nodded following her into the living room, "Ok. I know it's silly but you have a big history with him."

"You have nothing to worry about." Laney reassured him.

"Not that I'm worried, I've just waited a long time for....you." He said shyly. "I know how serious you were with Tom. I just don't want to get hurt. So if you and Tom weren't 100% done I'd remove myself from the race per se."

"You aren't going anywhere." Laney took a step towards him. Puckering her lips she kissed him softly.

"No I'm not." He murmured into her ear before they crashed down onto the couch.

_________________________________________

"Are you packed?" Laney called from her room to Zoey.

It was May and they were scheduled to leave for Seattle for Comic Con the next morning.

"I'm semi-packed." Zoey called back uncertainly. "Do you have a scarf that I could borrow to wear with this?" Zoey walked into Laney's bedroom holding a pair of jeans and a deep burgundy top.

"Yeah, check in there." Laney nodded her head towards her closet. "So are you nervous to see Tom?" Laney folded a t-shirt before setting it in her suitcase.

"Little bit." Zoey called from the closet. "I mean I don't know what we are. I know we aren't dating. But we've been talking. I'm really starting to like him. But he lives in England. And I'm not even sure where I'm living. It's moment to moment."

"Zo – you know you are welcome to move in with me permanently. I would love that." Laney sat down on the bed.

"I know....what about Chris though?"

Laney shrugged. "We aren't moving in together anytime soon if that's what you mean. It took 2 years for me to move in with Tom and 6 months for him to dump me. I won't be cohabiting with any boyfriends anytime soon."

"Well I'll see how these auditions go." Zoey rolled her eyes as she tugged on different scarfs that hung from a hanger in Laney's closet.

"You're a beyond talented actress. It'll come together. So I found out that Hiddleston is going to be at the Con this weekend."

"What?!" Zoey whipped around. "I thought they announced everyone already."

"He's a late addition. He texted me last night saying he was going to be there. I have no clue who I will be with on which panel."

Zoey cringed. "Well I will be in the wings for support and Tommy will be there."

"And oh yeah my boyfriend Chris will be there. So this won't be awkward by any means."

"Does Chris know that Tom will be there?"

Laney shook her head, "I haven't told him yet."

"That will be a fun conversation."

"Indeed." Laney sighed bleakly.