'You will break. but oh, you will also heal.'

Laney woke up the next morning prepared for her panel with Tom. Like Zoey had stated she would be in front of hundreds of people. And after her panel with Tom she would be back with Tommy and Mackie for a photo op session. She knew she could get through the panel.

"Earth to Laney. Did you hear what I just said?" Zoey waved her hand in front of Laney's face. They were still in their hotel room where Laney was slipping her shoes on but seemed to have gotten lost in her thoughts.

"No, what?" She shook her head to get out of her daze.

"Tom's coming to California." She grinned.

"Hiddleston?" Laney frowned. "He lives there."

"No dummy, Holland. He said he and Harrison will be there till at least August. Something about reshoots."

"Yeah we have reshoots. Why didn't he tell me?" Laney grabbed her cell phone and hit Tom's name on the screen before putting it on speaker.

"Hello my love." He answered.

"Don't my love me. You're coming to Los Angeles after this and you didn't tell me?!"

"I did tell you. I told you like a week ago."

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did. Via text. I was wondering why you didn't respond with more enthusiasm."

"Are you going to stay with me?"

"No....Zoey's with you. And it would be Harrison and myself. Wait till I tell you the Godfather deal we got on a place. Literally Godfather because it's a condo RDJ owns. He's letting me stay there for practically nothing. He just renovated it and was going to put it on the market but he's letting me have it for the summer. It's a beast."

"That's fantastic. I get you the whole summer."

"You may have to share him." Zoey smiled sweetly.

"Hi Zoey." Tom called, you could hear the smile in his voice.

"You and Harrison want to meet in 15 for breakfast downstairs?" Laney asked.

"Sounds perfect. Bye Darlings."

_______________________

"So Chris couldn't make it?" Tom asked Laney. It was seconds after they had walked off the stage from their panel.

"He's home sick." Laney eyed him.

"That's a shame. Please tell him I hope he's on the mend soon."

"I will." Laney fell into step with Tom as they walked towards the area where photographs were to be taken.

"So I take it things are going well between the two of you?"

"They are." Laney nodded. "Thank you for respecting my request to give me space." She added softly.

Tom gave her a small smile. "To be honest I'm glad that Chris couldn't make it. I'm not sure I'm ready to see you with someone else."

"I know that Chris was- is one of your friends. He doesn't want it to be awkward. I don't want it to be awkward."

"You think one day we'll all just be good friends?" Tom stopped walking.

Before Laney could respond Tommy walked up. "Ready to take some pics with your friendly neighborhood Spider-man?" He grinned.

"Always." She paused and turned back to Tom, "Bye Tom." She said gently. It was weird that for the first time in forever, being around him didn't shake her. She was so nervous to be on the panel with him, but while she was up there she felt calm, like she was with any other co-star. She felt as though she didn't even really know him anymore, as if he were almost a stranger.

"How did that go?" Tommy whispered as they walked off.

"Could have gone better. Actually might be better that Chris isn't here. That would be awkward." Laney glanced back at Tom.

"You think?" Tom asked dryly.

_________________________________________

"Tell me what I missed." Chris wanted to know later that night. Laney had called him once she was back in her room. Zoey was off with Tommy and Harrison somewhere.

"Not much you know how Con's go." Laney shrugged staring up at the ceiling, "I had to do a panel with Tom. I'm sorry."

Chris laughed, "Why are you apologizing?"

"Well he's my ex."

"You had no control on who they paired you up with, and to be honest I'd be more jealous if you were with Holland."

Laney laughed. "I think he and Zoey are dating. Like for real. They were making out last night and now I feel bad for making out on my couch with you so much when Zoey was home."

Chris let out a deep laugh, "Do you really feel bad?"

"Well no. Not really. I miss you. I'm just jealous that I don't get to spend the evening making out with you. I'll be glad to come home tomorrow. Do you think you will be up for some company?"

"Absolutely. I'll be here."

"Ok, Tommy and Harrison are flying back the same flight as us but they've got their own place. I think Zoey is going to tag along with them to help get them settled in. But I am coming straight to your house."

"Wow, choosing me over Holland. Now I feel special." He teased.

"As you should Evans."