Heart of Fire

By abigail_grayson

*BOOK ONE OF THE IMMORTAL LOVE SERIES* Lesson number one: Never walk alone on the dark side of Chicago. Melo... More

Heart of Fire: Immortal Love Series- Book One
🔥One🔥
🔥Two 🔥
🔥Three🔥
🔥Four🔥
🔥Five🔥
🔥Six🔥
🔥Seven🔥
🔥Eight🔥
🔥Nine🔥
🔥Ten🔥
🔥Eleven🔥
🔥Twelve🔥
🔥Thirteen🔥
🔥Fourteen🔥
🔥Fifteen🔥
🔥Sixteen🔥
🔥Seventeen🔥
🔥Eighteen🔥
🔥Nineteen🔥
🔥Twenty🔥
🔥Twenty-One🔥
🔥Twenty-Two🔥
🔥Twenty-Three🔥
🔥Twenty-Four🔥
🔥Twenty-Five🔥
🔥Twenty-Six🔥
🔥Twenty-Seven🔥
🔥Twenty-Eight🔥
🔥Twenty-Nine🔥
🔥Thirty🔥
🔥Thirty-One🔥
🔥Thirty-Two🔥
🔥Thirty-Three🔥
🔥Thirty-Four🔥
🔥Thirty-Five🔥
🔥Thirty-Six🔥
🔥Thirty-Seven🔥
🔥Thirty-Eight🔥
🔥Thirty-Nine🔥
🔥Forty🔥
🔥Forty-One🔥
🔥Forty-Two🔥
🔥Forty-Three🔥
🔥Forty-Four🔥
🔥Forty-Five🔥
🔥Forty-Six🔥
🔥Forty-Seven🔥
🔥Forty-Eight🔥
🔥Forty-Nine🔥
🔥Fifty🔥
🔥Fifty-One🔥
🔥Fifty-Two🔥
🔥Fifty-Three🔥
🔥Fifty-Four🔥
🔥Fifty-Five🔥
🔥Fifty-Six🔥
🔥Fifty-Seven🔥
🔥Fifty-Eight🔥
🔥Fifty-Nine🔥
🔥Sixty🔥
🔥Sixty-One🔥
🔥Sixty-Two🔥
🔥Sixty-Three🔥
🔥Sixty-Four🔥
🔥Sixty-Five🔥
🔥Epilogue🔥
Spotify Playlist!
❄️HEART OF ICE❄️ is HERE!

Prologue

9.5K 318 21
By abigail_grayson

Song: Somebody's Watching Me- Rockwell 

Lesson number one: Never walk alone on the dark side of Chicago.

"Babe, are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?" Blake questioned, holding my jacket up for me to slide my arms through. "I feel bad that I can't drive you. Not only that, but a storm's coming. I don't like you walking out there by yourself."

I zipped up my jacket and shot him a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, Blake. It's not a long walk. But I love you for caring."

"I love you too. Be careful, alright?" I nodded, pecked his lips, and left his apartment. I started walking toward the normal way home, but something pulled me to chose a different way. The night was young. The air, light and cool. The storm hadn't gotten too bad yet, only a light drizzle. And for the first time in all my years of living in Chicago, the streets were calm-- almost too calm.

Little did I know, my one decision would change my life forever.

... Literally.

Just as I turned the corner of Blake's complex, the sky released torrents of rain (no, it wasn't raining men, a complete bummer), and my Victoria Secret jacket didn't have a hood. I used my bag to shield my head, beginning my walk down a gravel street where abandoned buildings with the windows and doors busted out lined the dreary street. If that didn't scream run-the-other-way-before-you-are-murdered, I didn't know what else could have.

I continued walking down the dark alleyway, even with its ominous features. Nothing could force me to turn back, even if I knew I was getting myself a one way ticket into murder town. Something was pulling me in, and I couldn't fight the urge to keep walking through it.

Thunder rumbled through the sky, and a brilliant shock of white in the graphite sky, making the air static and sending a vicious rattle through the ground I walked on. My heart pounded against my chest, slowly recovering from the proximity of the bolt. Once calm, I continued my walk towards the bright city lights when a silhouette zipped past me. I paused my walk to glance around, feeling eyes on me every way I turned. The next moment, I swore I could feel someone's hot breath against my neck, and then it was gone.

"Who's there?" I yelled into the dark night as everything became entirely too still. I hesitated before continuing my walk, when suddenly, I bumped into someone's chest, stumbling back. When I regained my posture, I looked into the intimidating eyes of an inhumanly tall guy with carmine eyes.

I gradually began to back up until I bumped into another person, fear rattling through my body as I saw another guy in front of me with bronze eyes. Doing a complete 360, I realized I was completely surrounded with no escape. Yellow and red eyes stared into my soul every which way in the circle.

The guy with the carmine eyes smirked at me, his eyes roaming my whole body. "She's a pretty one." He drawled out, winking at me, and I started to move away, only to bump into another guy.

And this guy, smelled me. He sniffed me like I was turkey bacon fresh from the skillet.

"She smells delicious, too."

I whipped around to see the guy with amber eyes licking his lips as he stalked closer to me, and I backed away-- or, well, attempted to. The guy with bronze eyes grabbed my bag and threw it to the side as the rain pelted against my long, dirty blonde hair, causing it to weigh heavy and cling to my skin.

"Master thinks she could be of use to us."

The girl with red eyes glared at the guys as she hissed, "Are you kidding!? Look at her! She's small and has no muscle. She'd be as useless as a frog."

"Oh please, you're just jealous that master is interested in her and not you for once." The girl glared at bronze eyed guy, throwing him against the side of a building which sent a vibration through the whole thing before he fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Hmm. Maybe you're right." Red eyes mumbled, moving behind me as he held my arms behind my back. I flinched in pain, and he let out a low, sinister chuckle. "I always love a good dinner."

... Did he just say dinner?

"Well, let's get this job over with. We have other things to do-- newborns to train, other people to bite." Bronze eyes flashed his fangs, and I swear I almost fainted right then and there.

Fangs! I was dealing with vampires for God's sake!

"This isn't real. It's all a dream. I will wake up soon." I mumbled, internally praying, while the vampire holding my arms barked out a loud, sinister laugh.

"Oh no, cupcake. This is all very real." His tongue slid across my neck, and I screamed, but he clamped his hand over his mouth. "Scream again, and I'll make your death painfully slow. Kapeesh?"

I nodded slowly.

"Alright, mates. Who wants to do the honor?" He tilted my head to the side, moving my mess of curls to the side, and my neck was up for grabs. The other vampires started arguing, and the vampire behind me let out an impatient sigh as he watched the other vampires argue over who got the feast.

If you didn't know by now, I was the feast.

"Since all of you immature children want to argue," The vampire holding me hollered, silencing all other arguments, "I will treat myself to dinner. Sucks to be you idiots."

I was about to negotiate with him, but I was a little too late, and didn't know that vampires weren't one to negotiate with treats. Pain shot through my neck as two sharp fangs sunk into my skin, causing a mangled scream to escape my throat as he sucked the blood out of my neck. My whole body grew weak as my heartbeat became slower, and slower, until I could only hear a beat per minute. My screams subsided as my blood slowly drained from me, and when he was satisfied, the vampire threw my body to the ground and laughed, the other vampires following him.

I attempted to stand, but the loss of blood restricted me. I felt paralyzed. The end was near; my life, over. I would never see my parents, boyfriend, or friends ever again.

All because of one reckless decision.

I was ready to give up and let go when a figure dressed in all black stood over me. I tried to keep my eyes open, trying to fight the part of my mind begging to give up, and placed all my focus on the mysterious black figure. They knelt down beside me and ever so gently ran a calloused, warm hand down my cheek before sighing.

"Bloodbound." A deep voice mumbled before the guy picked up my wrist. The rain continued to pelt down, causing my neck to burn more. I willed myself to stay awake, attempting to fight the darkness taking over. The figure caressed my wrist, leaning towards me."This is going to sting a little."

He brought my wrist to his mouth, sinking his fangs in it. My mouth opened to scream, and I did, but the darkness taking over silenced my screams. The guy sucked on my wrist for a couple of minutes before wiping away the excess blood with his fingertips. He caressed my cheek again, relaxing me slightly, before he whispered, "You're going to be okay."

The guy bit his wrist and held it against my mouth. The taste was vile at first, and I felt like throwing up, but he kept his wrist firm, and I soon grew to love the taste. Once he pulled it away, my body grew limp from exhaustion. The guy picked me up and held me against his chest, but the darkness finally took over and I fell into a deep, soundless sleep. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey, loves!

YA GIRL IS BACK! 

I am so excited for you guys to read the rewritten version, and I'm excited to begin this series! It's going to be EPIC!

I really want to create a fandom name for Immortal Love, since I've been writing this story for so long, so comment down below your ideas!

I would also love your guys feedback on the rewritten version as I post it. A chapter will be posted everyday (and maybe more than one a day, considering it's being entered in the Watty's) with the exception of some days when I work. 

Teaser: Melody comes face to face with her fate, and her mystery savior.

Thanks for reading!

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word! 

Much love as always, 

-Abby 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 590 32
A love story between two people who live in two very different worlds; is it right to keep a promise when it hurts the one you love? Can the darkn...
360K 14.2K 68
*REWRITTEN VERSION OF THIS STORY IS NOW POSTED AS HEART OF FIRE* | HIGHEST RANK: #13 in Vampire on 5/10/18 #526 in Romance on 7/12/18| She was the...
662 42 9
True Love don't always find each other. ...unless you're planning to use a mix of the truth and lies. Nahariel has found his lover at last. However...
39.1K 1.8K 16
Quinn Winters never believed her crazy mother's stories, never believed that the things that go bump in the night were real. At Twenty three she want...