The Forgotten Angel ✔️

By BronxCrusader

Luke Sanchez is part angel and he doesn't even know it. Unfortunately, the demon who's wrecking havoc on camp... More

Prologue: A Fading Light
Chapter 1: Kindle the Flame
Chapter 2: Flame of Love
Chapter 3: Love Struggles
Chapter 4: Struggling to Plan a Date
Chapter 5: Date with a Problem
Chapter 6: Problematic Reporting
Chapter 7: Reporting to God
Chapter 8: God's Servant
Chapter 9: Servant of the Damned
Chapter 10: Damn Alarms
Chapter 11: Alarming Visions
Chapter 12: Visions of Truth
Chapter 13: The Truth is Expelled
Chapter 14: Expelling Evil
Chapter 15: Evil Love
Chapter 16: Love Burns
Chapter 17: A Burning Joy
Chapter 19: A Date to Decide
Chapter 20: A Decision Made
Sequel: Children of the Archangels
New Story: "Paranoia"
New Story: "How to Raise an Assassin"

Chapter 18: A Joyful Date

47 7 4
By BronxCrusader

The weekend was normal. No fires, no suicides, no shelters in places, no demons—just normal. Luke hung out with his girlfriend, with his friends, and although they tried to avoid talking about what happened, it was generally difficult to ignore.

That Saturday, Luke met up with Nellie for a casual "date" on campus. It was more of a friendly get together as they ate at Murphy's, an on-campus restaurant located in the Pryz. When Luke agreed to meet up for dinner, he knew he had many questions he wanted to investigate, but they all centered around do I really know Nellie?

"Hi, welcome to Murphy's," said the waitress as she placed down some napkins on the table and took out a pad and pen. "Can I interest you guys in anything to drink?"

Nellie spoke first. "I'll have a pink lemonade."

She's speaking first, Luke thought. So far so good.

"I'll have a Coke," Luke said.

"Great, I'll be right out with those for you."

Luke busied himself perusing the menu since it was the first time he came to Murphy's. "They accept dining dollars right?" Luke asked himself aloud.

"Yes, they do. And I guess you'll be picking up the tab this time then?" Nellie asked.

"I didn't think..." Luke mumbled.

"What? That the first date counted?"

Luke hesitated. He wanted to say yesbut that might trigger a unwelcomed response from Nellie, one that might send him to the hospital. It was best if he played along until he understood who Nellie really was.

"Look," Nellie said breaking through his mild silence. "I know what happened to me—well it wasn't natural. But I told you back at the Basilica although I was a backseat driver while Lilith was in control, there were times when I felt like I made my way to the passenger seat in the front—as if I got a clearer view of the world and could grab the wheel if I needed to take control, even if Lilith was still shouting directions on where to go. But that last date, it was real. It was me. Maybe not all of me, but it was still me."

The waitress came back with their drinks. "A pink lemonade for the lady, love your hair by the way. Where did you go to get it colored?"

"Oh, I did it myself." Nellie smiled but deep down wanted the waitress to stop the smalltalk and get going.

"Nice job, and a Coke for the gentleman. Now, are you guys ready to order?"

"We need a couple more minutes," Nellie said.

"No problem. I'll be back in a couple of minutes." The waitress left to tend another table.

It was when the waitress left that Luke finally decided to tackle the demon in the room head on. "How much of what I know about you is real?"

"Well," Nellie thought. "I'm really a Bio major. I'm studying in order to go to medical school after my undergrad. I'm not from Australia, well my parents are from there, but I was born here in the U.S. in California. And although I'm not an atheist, I wouldn't say I'm a devout Catholic. I'm—well I was in between. But after this whole episode I think I'll start heading back to church on Sundays."

Nellie was barely finished before he fired off a second question. "When and how did you end up with Lilith?"

"Well I'd say about a month ago, so later than your two friends who got possessed sometime last semester. I was in the stacks, searching for—now don't judge me just yet, but I was looking for books on Satan."

"What?" Luke asked.

The waitressed popped up besides them. "Okay, have you've guys decided on what you want?"

"Not yet," Luke growled. "Give us a couple more minutes."

"Sure," the waitress bit her lip as she walked away with a particular finger shooting off from her side as she muttered curses beneath her breath.

"Satan?" Luke asked.

"Well it was research for LC English. I was interested in writing a paper on whether or not Satan existed. Anyway it was late in the semester and I was in a rush to find books. I searched the stacks late one night for anything related to the Devil and there was a whole section dedicated to him on the third floor. I was looking through the books when suddenly the lights went out. I thought the library was about to close so I reached for my cell phone, turned on the flashlight, and I saw..."

Nellie stopped and her body shuddered as if death's cloak had just grazed her neck. Her face dropped a color tone and she took a sip of her lemonade to restore the pink to her flesh.

It was then that Luke wanted to slap himself for making Nellie relive through the possession when they were supposed to be having a normal "date." Then again, how can anything be normal again?

"I'm sorry," Luke said as he reached across the table for her hand. He cupped her hand inside his, "I can't imagine what it feels like to have that happen to you. I was just afraid that I..." was going out with a demon while my friend was committing suicide, rescued a woman who was possessed and set a building on fire, and dating a creature who set the campus in a frenzy during the shelter in place. But deep down Luke knew it wasn't her fault.

Luke finished his sentence. "Afraid that I lost my first girlfriend so soon."

For a guy who sucked at talking to beautiful girls, Luke was becoming a prodigy.

Nellie smiled. "I thought the same. I mean I dated one guy before, but that was in high school and it didn't last long."

"Sucks for him, lucky for me," Luke said.

The two of them heard someone clear her throat. "Are you two ever going to order something?" The waitress came back and stood with her hands on her hips and Luke and Nellie stared at each other and burst out laughing. The waitress was caught off guard by the eruption of laughter she jumped back and knocked another waiter who was carrying a tray filled with dishes as they clanged, shattered, and sloshed on the ground. That only amplified Luke and Nellie's laughter. It was in this laughter that Luke felt that, although things would never be the same as before, he found someone special who had lived through this abnormal experience with him.

*________________________________________________*

Author's Note

Awwwwwwwwwww! 😭 Luke + Nellie = Relationship Goals (except without the demons involved cause 'ain't nobody got time for that'). 

I could've ended it here and then it'd be more of an "happily ever after" ending, but this isn't a Disney story. Speaking of Disney, what's your favorite Disney Movie? Mine's is Mulan. 😁

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked. Two more chapters to go, but what loose ends must be tied up? Luke does need to talk to Father Matthew soon about the events that occurred, but how do you think this story will end? Any predictions?

If not, hope to see you back here next time.

- L. A. Rivera

P.S. Follow me on Twitter if you're interested in staying in touch outside of Wattpad. I'll be tweeting insider information about my books, updating you on future projects, and sharing some more information about myself.

Follow me by searching @BronxCrusader on Twitter or clicking the link on my Wattpad Profile Description. Thanks for the future follow. 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 7K 38
Vinni is in trouble. Not just because she's failing maths or playing second fiddle to a perfect younger sister or pretending not to miss her absent f...
206K 15.5K 35
Book 3 in the Airel Saga. If you missed the first two books, they're both on Wattpad (Book 1 is Airel: The Awakening; Book 2 is Airel: The Discoverin...
7.1K 1K 47
Book 1 of CANAISIS ∞ The Last Living Ship trilogy (Chronicles of Canaisis 1) Can a ship, born to sail the ocean of stars to ensure Humankind's surviv...
24.3K 1.5K 25
Some people were meant to crawl the surface like worms but she was meant to soar. Born and raised in the sky, Allal Joyce breaks the law of her peopl...