GUILT | s.r [BOOK 1]

By honeyndmilk

Mona Hastings. You know her, you love her. She's liberty highs sweetheart. Here to make her last two years... More

Dont you want to share the guilt?
0.1
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
S I N

0.2

9.8K 190 62
By honeyndmilk

Alone- Halsey

Ouch

"Thanks for picking me up." Clay told the girl as he closed the passenger door.

"You don't have to thank me, Clay." She laughed.

As they turned on the street their school was on, Mona smirked "So, Clay."

"Oh, no."

"What do you think about this Hannah Baker girl?"

He flushed, "What do you mean."

Mona turned and gave him a look as she parked her car. "Come on Clay."

"She's cool." He mumbled "I guess."

"You guess?" She smiled, reaching to the back seat and grabbing her bag "I wonder what she thinks of you."

"Don't you dare!" The younger boy yelled, running out of her car and following her to the entrance.

"I'm not!" She laughed, making her way to her locker. "Hey locker, buddy." She smiled, nudging Hannah in her arm.

"Oh, Mona!" She laughed "I didn't think you'd remember me."

"We're friends, yeah?" Mona asked, opening her locker.

Hannah stuttered, the popular friends with the newbie? "y-yeah, Of course." She smiled.

"What class do you have?"

"Communications?" She tried to read the confusing time table.

"I'll walk you, I go that way." She smiled, slamming the locker shut.

"What'd the locker do to you?" Jeff walks up to his best friend, laughing when she jumped.

"Don't do that." She shoved his shoulder.

"Morning Scott." Without her noticing, her smiled seemed to beam even more.

"Morning, Mo!" He brought the girl into his arms, squeezing the life out of her.

"Save some for me, Reed."

Bryce walker and his little friends. Fun.

"Nice outfit, Hastings." He smirked.

"Come on, man." Scott sighed, blocking Mona as much as he could.

"Oh, I'm sorry man." He states "Your girl?"

"No." He hissed, not yet.

"Fair game." He pushed Scott over and leaned against the locker "So, you want to show me some moves before the pep rally?"

Mona didn't understand why she was ever friends with this desperate idiot. "Is being desperately horny contagious?" She turned her head and smiled.

"Ouch." Monty whistles.

"Come on, mo." Bryce chuckled "we're friends."

Saved by the bell.

"Come on, Han." Mona turned and grabbed the girls arm, dragging her to class. "He gets on my nerves." She mumbled.

"You're friends with him?" Hannah didn't see her being friends with him.

Mona looked at Hannah as she let go of her arm. "Long story." She pushed the girl towards the door. "Have fun." She winked, walking into the classroom next to them.

• l •

"Now we'll bring out our captains!" The principal spoke into the microphone, causing people to clap.

The school was gathered into the gym, ringing in the new year. Yay!

"Mona Hastings, our cheer team captain!" The crowd clapped and cheered, happy for their sweetheart cheerleader.

"Jeff Atkins, our baseball captain!" He smiled as he ran out to the mats, handing his best friend a bouquet of flowers.

The crowd awed as Mona and Jeff wrapped themselves in a hug. "Thank you, jeff." She whispered.

"Anything for my bestie."

"Zach Dempsey, our basketball captain!" Mona smiled, he deserved the title.

"And last but not least, Bryce walker, our football captain!" What is it with schools and their obsession over football?

"This year's captains are the best of the best! Many of them being 3rd year captains." He boasted. Mona, Jeff, and Bryce have been captains for their teams since freshman year.

"That's us." Mona leaned her head on Jeff's shoulder and smiled.

"Best of the best baby." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, listening to the rest of the principals speech.

"Finally." Mona sighed, sitting on the bleachers as she watched anyone who wasn't on an athletic team leave the gym. Lucky.

"Oh come on, Hastings." Justin laughed, plopping down next to her. "Aren't you excited?" What a sarcastic a-

"I hate you." She laughed, shoving the boy away from her.

"Yeah right." He smiled.

Mona shakes her head, standing up and clapping her hands, gaining everyone's attention. "If you aren't wearing a skirt, or trying out for the squad, leave." She smiled.

"Come on! Let's us stay."

She smirked "ok." She walked to her bag, snatching her skirt and walking to the unnamed boy. "Go change." She pushed the clothing to his chest, watching his face heat up.

"I-I'll go."

"You're on a roll today, aren't you?" Scott laughed, swinging his bag over his shoulder.

She grinned "A little?"

"Good one." Sheri laughed, walking by and taking her spot next to the flyer.

"Can't believe you would kick out your best friend." He tuts watching the rest of the boys leave.

"I'm sure you'll be ok." She pats his cheek.

"Here." Jeff handed her one of his jerseys, "for the game tomorrow."

Sometimes, she would trade her top for his jersey, getting yelled at by her coach but three years later and she continues.

"Who said I wanted to wear this?" She flings the shirt over her shoulder, letting it hang. "Maybe I want to wears Scott's."

He blushed and quickly looked to the floor, would you?

Jeff laughs sarcastically "nice one."

"Hey!" Scott laughed, shoving Jeff.

"Next game, give me your jersey Reed." She smiled, walking to her girls ready to get this over with.

"Stop stealing my cheerleader." Jeff laughed as they walked out the gym.

"Whatever, Atkins."

"Don't think I didn't see you blush." Jeff cooed, before bursting into laughter.

"Shut up!" Scott yelled, his cheeks heating up again, despite his efforts to keep it away.

"You're in love." He dragged out the 'e', taunting the boy even more.

"Scott and Mona sitting in tree!" He started to sing, walking backwards down the empty hall.

"Jeff."

"K I S S I N G!"

"Jeff."

"First comes love, second comes-"

"I'm going to kill you!" Scott laughs, chasing after the dark headed boy.

• | •

"Thanks for being there for me today." Hannah smiled, as she switched out her books, thankful that the day was over.

"No problem, that's what friends are for." She threw her arm over her shoulders, walking out the doors to the parking lot.

"Do you need a ride?" Mona grabbed her keys, swinging them around her finger.

"No-"

"Mo!" Jeff came running over to her, panting when he reached her. "Damn your fast."

"What's up?"

"Don't forget our movie night tonight."

"How could I?" Every first day of school since like, second grade, they've had movie night. Not one missed.

"Good, I'm bringing pizza." He kissed her forehead, running to Zach to catch a ride.

"How long have you guys been friends?" Hannah laughed as he ran away.

"Too long." She joked.

"You sure you don't want a ride? I don't mind." Mona tried to get the girl to accept as she threw her bag in the car.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thank you."

"Hannah!"

The young girl turned her head and saw Justin Foley waving his hand, what?

Mona sighed, he better not be messing with her.

"Come here!"

Hannah blushed and looked down, "I guess I should go see what he wants." She gabbed her thumb in his direction.

"Yeah." Mona whispered.

"Hey Han!" She called before the girl was to far away. "Just-" she ran her fingers through her hair "just be careful ok? He's not a bad guy but he has shitty friends."

Hannah didn't think to much about it "yeah, of course."

If only she listened.

////
I'm kind of liking this??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 679 67
previously titled "favorite drug" she has it all... the popularity, the friends... what happens when she falls for someone who is equally as popular...
206K 3.3K 80
"๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ž, ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ." "๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ."
217K 3K 71
โ€ผ๏ธ closed until further notice โ€ผ๏ธ Includes โ—Justin โ—Alex โ—Tyler โ—Zach โ—Clay โ—Tony โ—Monty โ—Jeff โ—Ryan โ—Scott Requests are open, just send me a mes...
54.2K 626 100
nicolette james, her brother and the elites of liberty high school. - lowercase intended - please read disclaimer inside - [social media ร— real life]