Twice The Trouble

By DenielleAbolencia

Meet the Sta. Ana Sisters: Sophia is labeled as the Goody two shoes-Twin. She lives by the rules in and out o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Twins
Chapter 2: Two Non-Royal Princesses
Chapter 3: A Blind Date
Chapter 4: Starting College
Chapter 5: Foes and Friends
Chapter 6: Broken Hearts
Chapter 7: Sophia Meets A Twin
Chapter 8: Stacy Meets A Twin
Chapter 9: More Rivals
Chapter 10: The Realization
Chapter 11: A New Friend
Chapter 12: Orion's Goddess
Chapter 13: Soul Sisters
Chapter 14: Stacy's Heartbeat
Chapter 15: Sweeter Than Candy
Chapter 16: Liam's Fall
Chapter 17: She Broke Him
Chapter 18: Sibling & Therapist
Chapter 19: Give Up, Liam
Chapter 20: Tears of a Duchess
Chapter 21: Falling For Lucas
Chapter 22: Sophia's Secret
Chapter 23: Stacy's Denial
Chapter 24: The Cold Twin
Chapter 25: The Favor
Chapter 26: Lunchtime Drama
Chapter 27: The Tiff
Chapter 28: Invisible Envy
Chapter 29: Serious Stacy
Chapter 30: Love is Fire
Chapter 31: Falling
Chapter 32: The Author
Chapter 33: A Martyr
Chapter 34: Clarification
Chapter 35: Text Buddies
Chapter 36: An Old Flame
Chapter 37: Stacy's Past
Chapter 38: Falling Harder
Chapter 39: Reliable
Chapter 40: Just A Crush
Chapter 41: The Helper
Chapter 42: Not A Date
Chapter 43: About Stacy
Chapter 44: Into Pieces
Chapter 45: Sophia's Past
Chapter 46: Circumstances
Chapter 47: The Return
Chapter 48: Chained Heart
Chapter 49: The Rage
Chapter 50: War and Peace
Chapter 51: Why Me?
Chapter 52: Wrong Name
Chapter 53: Yearning
Chapter 54: Mr. & Mrs.
Chapter 55: Married
Chapter 56: Partners in Crime
Chapter 57: Chained
Chapter 58: Transition
Chapter 59: Onward
Chapter 60: Doubts
Chapter 61: Hints
Chapter 62: Call It Fate
Chapter 63: Kismet or Destiny?
Chapter 64: Warm Hearts
Chapter 65: Girl Called S
Chapter 66: Love Hurts
Chapter 67: Sophia's Denial
Chapter 68: A Flicker
Chapter 69: The Cage
Chapter 70: Pain
Chapter 71: Official
Chapter 72: Ships
Chapter 73: She's a Model
Chapter 74: A Pink Flower
Chapter 75: The Ex-Boyfriend
Chapter 76: Undefined Status
Chapter 77: Tarnished
Chapter 78: Dead End
Chapter 80: Stacy Finds Out
Chapter 81: Confrontation
Chapter 82: Heat
Chapter 83: Dancing Hearts
Chapter 84: Worry
Chapter 85: Reluctance
Chapter 86: Closer
Chapter 87: Unbearable
Chapter 88: Almost
Chapter 89: Bad Feelings
Chapter 90: The Revelation
Chapter 91: Sophia's Fury
Chapter 92: Sick Sophia
Chapter 93: Another Revelation
Chapter 94: Stacy's Abduction
Chapter 95: On The Way
Chapter 96: Rush
Chapter 97: Rescued
Chapter 98: Pain and Tears
Chapter 99: Chance Meeting
Chapter 100: A Miracle
Chapter 101: Hope vs. Fear
Final Chapter: Goodbyes
5 Months Later: Part One
5 Months Later: Part Two
Bonus Chapter: How It Started
Special Chapter: Before It All began

Chapter 79: Who Did It?

15 0 0
By DenielleAbolencia

Stacy

"Lucas, give me your phone."

"What?"

"I said give me your phone!" I ordered, my voice brimming with impatience.

He winced as he fished his phone from his pocket and handed it to me.

It is Friday noon. My black-haired boyfriend invited me to eat lunch with him, so here we were in the university cafeteria, sitting next to each other in the midst of the mingling college students.

His cellphone is the same black color and model as the phone of Sophia, I observed with a smile.

I slid my finger across the screen. My smile widened upon seeing his wallpaper. I was about to comment on it when his phone suddenly vibrated in my palm. Such perfect timing. This was all becoming too easy for me. Just like child's play. I pressed ANSWER on the screen.

"Luke!" The caller squealed. "I missed you so much. Have you missed me?"

I cringed, but hastily composed myself. God, she's annoying. I placed the phone against my ear.

"As his girlfriend, I doubt he's missed you at all," I haughtily told the girl from the other line.

Azalea gasped. "Why do you have Luke's phone!?" she screeched.

I gave a smug laugh. "Because I'm his GIRLFRIEND. Surely you know what that implies, Azalea? Let me spell it out for you: I get to hold his hand, I get to kiss him, I get to go on dates with him. Whenever I want, wherever I want. And you can't do anything to stop me."

The ginger actress/supermodel shrieked her displeasure. "YOU BITCH!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I apologized intensely. "I didn't realize you were talking to yourself."

"Keep your mitts off of my Luke's phone right this instant!" she harshly commanded.

I smiled into the phone. "I am perfectly entitled to use MY boyfriend's devices."

Azalea screamed in exasperation. "I'm hanging up. I have a commercial to do."

"If you put an end to this call, I swear I'll do way more than kiss your precious Luke," I threatened.

She gasped for the second time. "You wouldn't."

"I so would."

"Why did you call, Sta. Ana?" she grunted.

My smile got bigger. "I wanted to have a little chat with you, Azalea. By any chance, have you hired a private stalker to follow me around Orion University? And have you also paid someone to post incriminating pictures of me on the bulletin board? Make sure to answer wisely."

"What. the. fuck."

I made a buzzer sound. "Oops. Wrong answer. Hey, you're an expert on lingerie, aren't you? Which kind of set do you think our dear Luke would prefer this evening: A dove gray chemise or a dark red camisole? If you don't mind, I think a lacy black teddy with elastic garters would be much sexier. Is Luke into kinks? Because I have a penchant for blindfolds and handcuffs--"

"STOP!" Azalea yelled from the other end of the line. "I DON'T HAVE ANY BLOODY CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, OKAY??" She sounded breathless. "I didn't hire anybody!" she went on.

My full lips twitched. I was on the end of my tether. "Time is ticking, my dear sweet girl. And just to let you know on a personal level: The last time I had sex was fourteen months ago."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Lucas dropping his face into both his palms, looking done.

"I swear I have no idea what you're talking about," said Azalea fiercely. "And don't you dare touch my Luke! He's still a virgin, I'll have you know--"

"Too much info," I interrupted her, wrinkling my nose with distaste.

"Can I disconnect now? I literally have my boss breathing fire down my neck."

"Admit you posted the pictures so I can plot my revenge on you," I said in a menacing tone.

"I. TOLD. YOU," she hammered out,frustrated. "I didn't hire anyone to stalk your damned ass!"

Tapping my forefinger on the side of the phone, I groaned. "Why must you make this harder for the both of us? Listen, Azalea. You once said you wouldn't mess with me nor Lucas. You were lying, weren't you? It's true what the media printed about you being a liar. Care to disagree?"

Silence.

"Fine. I admit I tend to twist my words. But I'm telling you, I'm not involved with your dumb pictures."

"How am I to know you're speaking truthfully? If you're still lying, I'll upload every single nude photo you've sent Lucas to the internet," I warned her.

"Oh Good God." Azalea's voice dripped with wariness. "You know what? Spread my texts. I don't give a damn. Who cares if I get a celebrity scandal? Tell Luke I'm giving up on him." She hung up.

I reluctantly handed Lucas his black phone, which he pocketed with a frown. "Ace," he called me.

"What?" I muttered, slumping my forehead on the blue square table.

Lucas sighed and looked away. "Never mind."

"It's not Alison.. It's not Scarlet.. and I don't think it's Azalea.." I enumerated, sounding defeated.

My black-haired, brown-eyed boyfriend glanced at my depressing state. "Are you giving up?"

"I don't know," I confessed. "There are tons of people here in Orion who could have pulled that stunt. I know I'm not the most congenial soul on this planet but seriously? I'm not the worst one either." I blew out some air, then peered up at Lucas. "Do you have anyone in mind who could have done this?" I asked him.

Lucas shrugged apologetically. "Sorry, Ace.I can't think of anybody."

"Whatever."

Bryce

I am in my condo.

Night fell like a black curtain and it is a starless evening tonight.

Lying down on my normal-sized bed, I looked at my white phone's screen for a long time.

I fastened my eyes, thinking. How had we come to this point in our lives?

Good timing always seemed to elude me.

JUST when I completely moved on and was ready to pursue someone new--is when SHE chose to return into my life and screw things up all over again.

It should have been smooth sailing from now on, but NO.. SHE just had to tangle up my plans.

"Damn it," I cussed, touching my forehead. Right when I finally deleted our past from my heart is when she decides to shamble up the browser history. Fucking great.

I switched on my phone and called the psycho woman behind this crazy mess.

"Hello, Bryce. I've been expecting your call."

"Will you please stop?" I snapped at her.

"Yes I will. I'll stop when you come back to me."

I grimaced.

"We were over years ago," I flatly reminded her. "You were the one who let go first, and now suddenly, out of nowhere, you want me back? I'm not some kind of object you can leave and then come back to whenever you fucking want!" I shouted into the phone.

"That's why I want you to come back to me so I can explain everything. Bryce, you're the one that I want," she cried.

"You know that you're also the one I want.. ed. I liked you before. I loved you but that's in the past now and I don't feel the same for you anymore. And you wasted it," I said to her over the phone.

"Please listen to me.." she implored.

"Stop this?! And leave Stacy out of the picture! She has done nothing to earn your wrath!"

"She's what's keeping us apart." The caller sighed. "I won't stop, Bryce. I won't stop trying to make her miserable until you come back to me."

I washed a palm down my face, trapped in agitation.

"Bryce, I'm waiting," she murmured.

I closed my eyes as my jaw became taut.

"Fine. You win, Heather. I'll come back. Just leave Stacy out of this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

756K 16.4K 27
Living a life through the unexpected is an understatement; not knowing what might happen allows you to live your life to the fullest, without a care...
461 0 35
Y/N is forced to move by their parents. With them now living alone with no friends and being bullied by their classmates, Y/N's life has taken a turn...
110K 2.7K 39
Sophia Rose Andrews is a normal girl. She just moved to a new part of California. She used to live in San Francisco, but she moved to San Diego. A ti...
343 74 19
Mel is the trouble maker. Never shows up to school and always in trouble with the police. She relies on her twin to always get her out of sticky situ...