Life Of Kaia (Complete)

By tuillaxoh

"I look into his eyes and it's a never-ending sea of green that pulls me in. I can't find my way out, I'm los... More

Before You Read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
πŸ“· CHARACTER PICSπŸ“·
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
πŸ’œCHARACTER UPDATEβœ”
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
πŸ“·CHARACTER UPDATEπŸ’—
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Part One
Chapter 27: Part Two
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
CHARACTER UPDATE
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
πŸ’₯CHARACTER UPDATE &A/NπŸ’₯
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Must Read: Author's Note🌹
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - Part II: Ash's POV
Chapter 80
AUTHORS NOTE
T R A I L E R ! ! ! 🎬πŸŽ₯
NEW BOOK!!!
β™₯BONUS CHAPTER!!β™₯
ATT: BOOK 2 πŸŽ‰πŸ‘

Chapter 79 - Part I: Kaia's POV

201 12 1
By tuillaxoh

Playlist for this chapter:

Ed Sheeran ~ Dive

Ella Mai ~ Naked

James Bay ~ Let It Go

Noah Kahan x Julia Michaels ~ Hurt Somebody

What was I thinking? Daydreaming about us having the perfect relationship. Now look, it's all blown up in my face. I shouldn't have fallen for him, I shouldn't have let myself. I'm so stupid.

I quickly walk down the stairs, not wanting to run because of my heels. I wipe off a few stray tears that have streamed down my face. I try my best to hold back the tears just because everyone is staring at me. As soon as I reach outside I just know I'm going to break down.

I walk hurriedly to the front door before anyone can stop me. I glance sideways as I walk out and catch sight of Ash's dad, who's looking at me with a concerned face. I give him a small smile before continuing out of the house. The last thing I need is him coming after me, that would be mega embarrassing.

Soon as I reach the bottom of the long driveway, an empty cab passes by so I hail it down. It slowly pulls up across the mansion and I walk briskly and get in, giving the driver the address. He quickly speeds off and I'm glad I'm finally away from this place. There's no looking back now. From here and from Ash.

Ive managed to soak up three paper napkins with my tears. I can't stop myself, everything's just crashing down on me. The over-polite driver tries to comfort me by telling me everything will be okay but I should've known better. I nodded anyway, thanking him for the kind words.

I know it's almost 1am but I'm hoping he'll be awake. I thought about going back to campus but obviously Ash will be around there and he's the last person I want to see right now. It's best I stay away. Out of sight, out of mind. Simple, right?

"Yep, just here please" I say to the driver and he comes to a halt outside my destination.

I pay the fare and exhale loudly before exiting the cab.

"Thank you for driving me safely, kind Sir" I thank the driver before getting off.

"You're most welcome, dear. Try and get some rest" He replies with a tired smile. He must've been driving all night.

As the cab disappears down the empty street, I walk up to the front door and knock, anxiously hoping he's awake.

After a while the lights come on and I hear the door being unlocked from inside.

"Hi" I wave as Todd opens the door and looks at me sleepily.

"Kaia?" He says, rubbing his eyes. Oh god, it's clear that I've disturbed his sleep.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I was hoping you'd be awake. I've disturbed your sleep, I'm sorry. I'm a terrible friend" I ramble, looking down at my feet.

"Ugh, don't be silly. Get inside, it's freezing" Todd says, pulling me by the hand.

I step inside and head straight for the living room. I sit on one of the comfy couches and remove my annoyingly sore heels. Todd locks up the door again then comes to join me, eyeing me suspiciously.

"It's not what you think" I blurt out, seeing the way he's looking at me.

"Oh really? Then what is it?" Todd demands, moving to sit beside me.

I lean back and fold my arms across my chest, thinking of how I was going to explain.

"Tell me" Todd presses. Clearly he's lacking drama in his life.

"We had a fight. . .at the fundraising. Turns out Ash is still keeping things from me even though I asked him not to!"

"Okay. But that doesn't explain why you're here at 1 in the morning with mascara all over your cheeks" Todd points out, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

I sigh loudly, not wanting to mention the last part. But knowing Todd, he'll push and push till I give out every bloody detail.

"Okay. I'm here. .because. .Ash told me. .to. .leave" I say softly, looking down at the floor. 

"He what?!" Todd gasps, standing up from the couch.

"He asked me to leave. It was a heated argument, I was leaving anyway" I explain, trying to cover up for Ash.

"Uh huh" Todd nods, sitting down again. "You were leaving and instead of stopping you, he does the exact opposite and tells you to go."

"I just need your company right now. I know Dani must be busy with West" I say, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"Well I'm here. I'm always gonna be here for you" He says, pulling me in for a much needed hug. I relax immediately, sinking into his arms.

"Let's watch some Netflix, we'll deal with your relationship problems in the morning" Todd says with a sheepish grin, grabbing the remote from beside him and switching the TV on.

I chuckle at him and put my legs up. I'm now lying on his lap. Todd plays with my hair while scanning through, deciding on what to watch.

"Ahhh, this looks good" He says, finally choosing something.

Soon as the episode begins, I immediately recognise what we're watching.

"Seriously, Todd? Shadowhunters?" I say in disbelief.

"What?" He replies, shifting abit in his place. "Alec is hot."

I roll my eyes and jokingly hit my head with the palm of my hand. You have got to be kidding me!

× × × × ×

After a few episodes, we managed to both fall asleep right there on the couch. Now it's past 7 in the morning and I'm thinking of heading back to my room to pack my overnight bag, seeing as we're officially on break as of today.

I'll be free for the next four weeks. Hopefully I'll spend some time painting and most of the time with mom and Ally. I'm so excited about going back to Eastbrook.

"Planning your escape?" Todd suddenly calls out, giving me a fright.

I look up at him and smile. He was dressed in his casual wear, ready for our trip. Well, checkpoint at campus first for my things. 

"It's not an escape. I'm just. .working things out as I go. Right now it would be best to head to Eastbrook and cool off, clear my mind. That kinda stuff" I say, grabbing my bag and shoes off the perfectly polished floor.

"Admit it drama queen, you're running away from Ash" Todd says smugly, before opening the door to let us out.

"I'm not!" I protest, waltzing out of his place.

"You so are!"

"Urghh! Todd" I groan, clearly getting annoyed now.

"Just playing" He says cheerfully, unlocking his car. "Nice to see you back to your normal self."

* * *

Soon as we reach campus, I hop out of the car and rush towards my room before anyone sees me with my tragic attire from last night.

I shove the key in and slowly open the door, peering inside to check if Dani was there. But she's not. Instead, it's Ash?

He's knocked out on my bed, suit and everything. I guess he came running after me, but to the wrong place. I shouldn't wake him, we'll only argue more.

I slowly pad around the place gathering my stuff into my overnight bag. I shoved my toiletry bag in and a few pairs of shoes. Only one thing left, my jacket.

I walk over to my bed to find my jacket and to my suprise I see it in Ash's hand. He fell asleep holding onto my jacket. I feel a small smile creeping onto my face but I quickly shake it off before I end up waking him up.

I slowly take it from his hand and shove it into my bag. Then I locked myself in the bathroom to change into my sweats and freshen up. I have to lock up slowly or else Ash will wake up. I'm not ready to speak to him just yet and I bet he came here to start up another fight.

I unlock the door and pad to my study table, grabbing my bag. I take one last look at Ash who is still fast asleep, I blow him a kiss and step outside, locking the door behind me.

I'm sorry Ash but I'm not ready to talk.
I hope you understand.
I have to decide what's best for us and right now, I have no clue.

Let's just leave it at this and hope that things will patch themselves up in due time.

I have a month to myself before I come back and try to face you.

"There's so much going on in my mind, it's going to explode" I blab, getting into the car.

"Well, we have a long trip ahead of us and a month of free time to think" Todd chuckles, handing me a takeaway coffee.

"You're right. Now drive!" I tell him, putting on my sunglasses.

"Let's go!" Todd bellows, cranking up the radio as he drives off, Eastbrook bound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 11.7K 43
❇❇❇ Avery Jenkins is a college disaster. She's barely passing her grades and she thinks boys are a waste of time and there's no decent men left. Unt...
56 0 7
π„π‹π„π€ππŽπ‘ 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀, a freshman in college studying Finance, who loves to read. She is very smart and has anger issues, but that doesn't matt...
362K 10.5K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
2K 149 21
~ Featured @StoriesUndiscovered ~ What happens when the school's popular yet bad boy gets paired up with the school's outcast. The girl who's father...