Baby On Board (A 5SOS Fanfic)

Av 5SOSPHTeam

After spending the night playing video games with Michael and Calum, River found herself in a whirlwind situa... Mer

Baby On Board (A 5SOS Fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Beside You (Reev's Demo version)
Chapter 9 - FLASHBACK
Wherever You Are (Reev's Demo version)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Close As Strangers (Reev's Demo Version)
Chapter 12 -FLASHBACK
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Everything I Didn't Say (Reev's Demo Version)
Chapter 15 - FLASHBACK
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - FLASHBACK
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 5

2K 87 24
Av 5SOSPHTeam

"What are you guys doing?" I said curiously as soon as the three of us entered the apartment.

Ashton, Luke and I just got back from the Wal-Mart carrying all the things we bought. It was a quiet ride as I wasn't really in the best mood after what happened. But seeing Calum and Michael with the baby perked me up a bit.

Except for the fact that the baby is sitting with them on the couch while sucking it's thumb and with its quiffed hair, as Calum and Michael play FIFA.

"Hey, the baby's awake!" Ashton said cheerfully. Then, he took the things I was holding and arranged them on the table just like what he did to what he was holding earlier.

I ran a hand over my hair and sighed defeatedly as I went over to the sofa, purposely bumping Michael and Calum to take the baby. While narrowing my eyes at them, I tried to flatten down the baby's hair.

"Hey!" Calum quickly sat up and shouted at me. "What are you doing to Summer's hair?"

"Who the hell is Summer?"

Calum rolled his eyes before focusing back to their game. "The baby, obviously."

"You named the baby 'Summer'?" Luke suddenly asked, causing me to turn around and see him heading over to us with his eyes trained on the baby.

"Oh my God." I said unbelievably. Summer? Seriously? Out of all the possible names in the world, they came up with Summer? "Why the hell did you name the baby 'Summer'?"

"Stop overreacting, Reev." Calum snapped at me. I glared at him, feeling my irritation grow as I'm not really in the mood to put up with him.

Michael yawned as he stretched his arms and legs before looking at me. "It's an inside joke, Reev."

"Care to explain?" Ashton took the words out of my mouth as he joined the conversation. When I turned around, I noticed him smiling at the baby.

I looked down and saw that the baby started to play with the ends of my hair as I wait for Michael's explanation.

"Well, the baby woke up—" Michael started.

"Obviously." Calum interrupted, making me glare at him again.

"Will you shut up and let me finish, Cal? " Michael told Calum rather annoyingly then continued. "Like I said, the baby woke up and it was crying. We had no idea what to do so Calum just kept on saying 'Oh my God, just give me 5 seconds' over and over again as I was pacing all over and panicking like 'Shit, Cal! What are we gonna do?!'" Michael stopped to take a breath, "so yeah."

"And so we ended up baby sitting." Calum added, looking at the baby instead of me. His look really spoke what he felt about the whole situation.

"And I realised that it sucked so I told Calum that 'baby sitting sucks' a—" Michael continued but Calum interrupted him again.

"Just like this band." Calum interjected once again.

Michael chuckled but continued on, "Don't you guys find it so clever though? Summer's twenty times cooler than Chris which, may I declare, Calum suggested just a few minutes before you arrived."

There was a sweet short moment of silence because of Calum's comment before Ashton's laughter filled the room.

Calum paused the game and threw Ashton an annoyed look, "I was thinking of Chris Brown, okay? Sue me."

I made a face to refrain myself from laughing, even biting the inside of my cheeks. I don't wanna give Calum the satisfaction of him getting me to laugh because he's funny. Well, he kinda was. But still.

Ashton broke into guffaws once again. Typical of him. "We should rename the band to 5 Seconds of Suckers."

These boys think they suck when they are so far from that.

"Summer" I scoffed. "Lame." I got a chorus of "Oooohs" from them except Calum.

"Any good idea, Ms. Smart Pants?" Calum deadpanned, his eyebrows taunting me.

"Okay, guys." Luke interjected.

"I mean, Summer is like a unisex name.." Michael added.

"Fine." I agreed. But no, I'm not going to call her, 'Or him', Summer in front of anyone.

Michael stood up and threw the controller at the sofa, "Okay, Summer's Summer, that's it. Anyone up for some juice?" He asked as he walked backwards toward the fridge.

When everyone declined, he shrugged, poured himself a glass of orange juice and settled back on his spot on the sofa right next to where Ashton was now lounging with his phone on.

I was left standing behind the sofa facing the tv while the baby, well, Summer I suppose, played with my hair.

"I personally think Summer's a pretty name. It suits her." Luke's voice suddenly echoed in my ear just before I noticed he was standing next to me with Summer holding his index finger.

I ignored his comment and faced the television once again.

"C'mon, Reev. Loosen up. It's just a name." Luke said as he reached for the baby. I arched an eyebrow at him. "Can I hold her?"

"Or him." Michael insisting on his 'or him' again.

"I need a breather." I said, completely ignoring Michael.

"Where are you going?" Ashton asked, concerned. I walked out of the living room with Summer, leaving everyone.

My emotions are pretty messed up. Everything's gone haywire. Must be the baby. The Wal-Mart incident. Ashton. And the hell more.

Reaching Michael's bedroom, I placed Summer on the bed while I took a seat on the floor. Summer's now playing with just her — or his — hands while babbling. It makes me regret that I didn't grab some toys to give them to her.

Or him.

Dang it! I'm blaming Michael about this 'his or her' thing.

I was about to decide whether to check what is hidden under Summer's nappy when I heard quiet steps from behind.

I turned around and saw Luke heading to us looking curious, with his raised brows and his arms inside his pockets.

"What is she doing?" He asked as he watched Summer fiddle with her — or his — hands.

I glanced back at Summer as Luke sat beside me on the floor.

"She's playing." I told Luke as Summer continues on playing and babbling.

Luke stared at Summer for a few beats before he straightened up and faced me.

Luke reached over and Summer grabbed his finger, "She likes me, doesn't she?"

I chuckled, facing Luke, "You really think Summer's a girl?"

"Yeah, because of her eyes. You pretty much have the same eyes as Summer, you know." Luke told me while awkwardly pointing at his own eyes.

I can't help but let out a chuckle. It's probably true, I guess. Now that I'm watching Summer closely.

She — or he — even reminds of my brother. Her eyes are like exact copies of my brother's. Seeing the light up feels just like seeing my brother again. The warmth that spread throughout my chest as I remembered my brother was just as easily shadowed by worry, as to how he's doing right now.

"Hello." My thoughts got interrupted when I heard Luke say that in a baby voice.

I stared at him with a look close to something like a 'what the heck'. I mean, who wouldn't? He freaking talked to the baby with a fake baby voice!

"Do you wanna play?" He continued talking with that baby voice of his.

I have no idea how to react because (a) he's freaking weird, (b) he sounds so funny and (c) he's pouting too, which is hilarious.

"Do you want to play?" Luke continued and now, he started to lean closer to Summer. He even made faces for Summer's amusement. Then when he was close enough to Summer and he got her— or his — attention, he suddenly held up his hands and played peek-a-boo with the baby.

"Uhh..." I tried to start but then I heard Summer laugh happily.

"You like playing don't you?" Luke continued, making Summer laugh again. "Yes you do, right?"

I stared at the both of them in fascination. Summer's so happy and Luke looks like having a great time. He had this glint of happiness, the sides of his eyes crinkled as he smiled.

Luke suddenly placed his hand in his pocket and pulled something. I realized it was a small rattle when he shook it in front of Summer who was now giggling nonstop while reaching for the toy. He handed the rattle to the baby who started to wave it all around.

"This is fun." Luke suddenly glanced at me and gave me a smile then looked at Summer again.

I can see Luke's proud smirk while watching Summer have fun. Must be because he knows that it's because of him that made Summer this happy. I can't help but smile at the sight of Summer having fun and laughing. And I also wasn't able to help but laugh when Summer accidentally hit Luke's head, making him cry out a loud "ow!"

"I'm sorry." I apologised while trying to stop my laugh. "Let me see." I beckoned.

Luke turned to me while holding his forehead. "She hits pretty hard for a baby."

I reached for Luke's face and removed the hand that was he was using to hide the place where he got hit. It was a bit red when I saw it. "Does it hurt?" I asked him while running my fingers gently on the red streak caused by the rattle.

Luke shook his head slightly. "Not really. But I think Summer can be pretty good with drums."

I broke into a fit of laughter but when I realized his joke, I felt my laughter die down. I stopped and shook my head then pushed him slightly away before focusing on Summer again.

"Where did you get that anyway?" I asked Luke before slowly facing him again.

He shrugged then smiled at me."Wal-Mart."

Before I can even stop myself, I touched his piercing with my fingertip.

"Doesn't it bother you?" my eyes leaving his piercing and landing at his blue eyes.

When I realized what I just did, I immediately removed my hand.

Luke stayed still for a moment but let out a chuckle. "No, not really."

Still feeling awkward, I shifted my gaze at the door. When a figure caught my vision, I glanced back and found Ashton leaning at the doorframe with a poker face.

But once our eyes met, he pulled that familiar smile of his. "Can I borrow Summer for a sec?"

I shrugged. "Sure." I stood up and held Summer then handed him to Ashton. Luke stood up too and the three of us headed back to the TV area.

Calum and Michael were still there, playing rather seriously, with their game faces on. When I neared the sofa, I noticed Luke take a seat on the sofa's handrest before gesturing at me.

I smiled a "Thank You" and settled into the red comfy sofa.

"Michael, oh God, you suck at this." I sighed exasperated as Michael lost possession the ball.

"Shu—" Michael was about to talk back when the door's bell rang.

Calum sat up but then slouched as he concentrated at the TV, "Go get it Reev." he demanded, his eyes not leaving the game.

"No." He glanced at me, "Go get it Reev."

"No, this is not my house to begin with." I sneered at him.

Michael paused the game and sat up from the sofa, to get the door, apparently. "God! When will you two stop bickering?"

I sighed and looked at Calum. "He started it.

Calum's lips formed an O, "What? You started it."

"No! You started it!"

"Okay, you guys, stop. Pizza. Here. Shut up. Eat." Michael commanded as he placed the pizzabox on the coffee table in front of us.

I let the boys huddle around the table and grab their slice. Luke handed me a slice after he returned to sit at the handrest beside me.

"Speaking of, I think you should just come with us." Michael managed to blab out of his pizza—chewing mouth.

I looked at all of them with my eyes wide, supposedly questioning Michael's suggestion.

Calum shrugged while Luke smiled.

"Yeah, that works." Ashton added. "You don't have anywhere to be right? Plus, with the situation with Summer, I think you really need to stay with us, for our sake and for Summer's sake too."

Luke added, "Right."

I pondered about it for the rest of what the guys considered 'lunch'.

Ashton left the baby with Luke as he gathered the mess and headed to the mini—kitchen to throw everything in the trash.

I finished my drink and stood up, "Guys, take care of Summer for a bit, okay?"

"Where're you going?" I heard Ashton ask as he walked out from the kitchen.

I stopped by the room's door and turned around, noticing everybody looking at me, "Well, I'll need a decent amount of clothes if I'm going to stay around, won't I?"

Luke smiled and continued to play with the baby as Michael and Calum returned to their game.

"Let me go with you." Ashton asked as he approached me by the door.

I thought about his offer for a bit but then decided that there really isn't any harm in accepting, "Come on."

**

To say that the drive to my hotel was awkward could possibly be the biggest understatement of the year. I didn't know what to say, where to look, when to answer and everything was just plain uncomfortable. I was staying in a hotel room I specifically rented for the convention. Good thing it wasn't that far from the boys'.

When we got back and were dropped at the front entrance, Ashton grabbed the duffel bag I brought and opened the car door. Suprisingly, there weren't really any fans waiting outside. As we walk into the heart of the lobby and into one of the lifts, an awkward silence crept back its way to us.

As we wait for the lift to reach our floor, Ashton placed his hands on his knees and doubled over from laughter. I tried to bite down my tongue to resist laughing, but then again, I failed.

"Why are we so awkward right now?" Ashton chuckled as he adjusted the straps of my bag on his right shoulder.

My laughter faded down into a chuckle, "I know right?"

Ashton grinned, "Well, it's your fault."

I faked a gasp, "No, it's your fault."

The elevator dinged and while walking back to their place, we continued bickering about who's fault us being totally awkward was.

Upon entering the room, I headed immediately to Summer and noticed that she— or he— was still playing with Luke on the couch.

I grabbed my duffel bag from Ashton, "I'm going to take a bath. Eyes on Summer, okay?"

Luke gave me a salute before I entered Michael's room and laid my bag down on the bed.

"Hey, Mikey, can I use your bathroom?" I yelled to ask for permission as I rummaged into my bag to get a change of clothes.

I heard a faint, "sure" as my go signal.

I was halfway through lathering soap on my arms and legs when I heard the boys shouting and everything.

The baby!

I turned off the shower, grabbed a towel to wrap around my chest and zoomed out of the room and into another where I found the boys huddled around the baby. Luke and Ashton are struggling to tuck Summer into fresh nappies. Calum's holding the used one and appears to be rather disgusted by it. Michael's shouting and covering his eyes while pacing around the bed when suddenly, Calum tossed the diaper to Michael's face.

Michael grabbed the diaper and aimed it at Calum, "Are you kidding me? You fu—"

"What in the world is going on in here?" I exclaimed, causing most of them to turn around.

Ashton's eyes are still on Summer as he tries to secure the nappy. "Summer's a she. She's a girl, Reev."

When he looked up to me with a smile, I noticed his eyes go wide. A split-second after, he looked at the boys. That's when I noticed that, everything's gone still. Michael, Luke and Calum were all looking at me with eyes like those of a deer caught in the headlights.

I looked down, self-consciousness overwhelming me, and finally I realize why they're all staring. I've got soap all over my skin, shampoo all over my hair, and, I'm ONLY wearing a freaking towel.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and my arms heat up. I crossed my arms on my chest, a valiant but failed attempt to cover up.

"I'll g—" I squeaked, my throat closing up. Clearing my throat, I continued. "I'll go finish up." I turned as swiftly as I could hurried back to the other room.

Just before I close the bathroom's door I heard Ashton in the other room, "WHAT THE HELL! Why were you all staring like perverts?! You guys are so unbelievably rude and idiotic! Have you all lost your manners? Heard of the word respect? For fu—"

I closed the door completely and continued showering, smiling goofily as I listened to the muffled but understandable lecture Ashton's giving everyone across the room.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

3.7K 397 34
Hannah's four best friends. Luke, Ashton, Calum, and Michael get her through everything...literally. They've been best friends since they were 3, but...
4.2K 169 38
"So that's it? After all we've been trough together?" "I'm sorry, Ashton." "No, it's okay. I understand. But I'll never forget you because I had the...
3.6K 422 19
'They were warned not to fall in love. Falling in love in such an awful place was bound to lead to some kind of heartbreak.' Calum wakes up in a plac...
14.5K 501 25
*Courtney* I can't believe it. I'm in New York! I'm actually doing this. This right now is real as real can ever be. But Luke. He was the best. I mi...