Her Bucket List~Raura

By fash549

Laura Marano was never one to look for trouble.But after being told bad news about her Creative Writing class... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Laura Marano's bucket list
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Not an update
ATTENTION

Chapter 19

994 47 29
By fash549

"So,Laura,I guess you should be wrapping up on the assignment,"Miss Caroline told me on Friday morning when we met each other in the halls.

You mean the assignment I hadn't completed yet?"Of course,Miss Caroline,"I lied,adding a smile to make it more believable.

Miss Caroline beamed."I can't wait to see it on Monday."

"It will be here,first thing in the morning,"I said,then we part ways.

I run into Anna."Hey,Anna.How's everything?"

"Good,good.You?"

I sighed."Not so well.See,the deadline for my Creative Writing assignment is on Monday and I'm nowhere near done."

Anna patted my shoulder."You can do it,Laura.You can ditch the rest of the school day,find a quiet place and write."

I shook my head."If only it was that easy,"I said,running a hand through my hair."I suck at Creative Writing."

"So the rumours are true,"Anna said.

"Huh?"

She points at my tattoo."I heard that you got a tattoo and Victoria practically went ballistic because it matched with Ross',"she replied.I nodded."Matching tattoos,really?Are you guys dating now?"

I shook my head and she sent me a 'how can you not when you guys have matching tattoos?!' look.

I let out a laugh."You see,funny story-"what do I say?-"it was a dare."

"A dare?"

"A dare!Ross dared me to do it and I dared him right back.The mistake we made was we didn't tell the man what we wanted,so he just assumed we were together and gave us matching tattoos."Wow,that came out pretty good.

Anna shook her head."That's so unprofessional."

"Right?So-"

"Do you think it's fate?Maybe you guys were actually meant to be and-"

"Okay I'm going to class,"I cut in before she suddenly sprouts cupid wings and starts shooting arrows at the poor students.

"But-"

I start walking away."Bye,Anna."

***
During lunch,I sit at an empty table and after a few minutes,the others come to join me.Anna comes soon after.

"Where's Tori?"I asked her.I haven't seen her around lately.

"In the library,doing some research on some animal species close to extinction,"Anna said,her attention on her chocolate milk.

"For a class?"I asked.

"Nope."

Well,okay then.

"Hey,I don't think we've met,"Oliver said to Anna with a grin."I'm Oliver."

Anna smiles back and Sam frowns.

"Anna.Nice to meet you,"Anna replied.

"Likewise,"Oliver said."So,Anna,I was just telling everyone about my awesome pool.I even have a diving board."

Sam scoffs.

"That's cool.As for me,I don't even know how to swim,"Anna said.

"I can teach you,"Oliver told her.

"Oh look,there's Ben Grey!"Sam exclaims,in a fake cheery tone."I'm calling him over.I'm sure he wants to sit with us!"

"Oh my God,Sam,please don't,"Anna begged,as we all looked in the direction Sam was pointing to.Ben is standing not too far away,holding his tray in his hands and looking round for a place to sit.

"Too late.Ben!Yo,Grey!"

This moment seemed awfully familiar.

His eyes meet mine and he smiles,then starts walking over.

Anna doesn't seem to know what to do with herself and it's quite funny to watch though I remember also being in her shoes not long ago.

I catch Sam's gaze."You're so mean,"I mouth to her.She shrugs with a smirk."You're going totally jealous."Her smirk drops and my smile widens.

Ben arrives and sits next to me."Hi."

"Hi,Ben."

"Wow,you've got friends fast,"he whispered.

"Thank goodness for you man.I thought I was going to go crazy surrounded by all these girls,"Oliver said to Ben."I'm Oliver by the way."

Ben chuckled."Ben,and some guys will kill for your spot."

Oliver chuckled too."True."

"I'm Sam,"Sam said."You're cute."

Oliver and Anna both glare at her.

Ben smiles in amusement."Thank you?"

"Ben,this is Jessica and you remember Anna right?"I piped up.Jessica and Anna wave,but Anna prolongs hers,a dreamy-but creepy-smile on her face.I kick her shin to snap her out of la la land.

"Of course I remember Anna.We couldn't speak last Friday,Anna,you suddenly bolted.I'm sure you had somewhere to be,"Ben said to her.Anna nodded slowly,grabbing a ketchup bottle without realising it."Anna?"

She jumped in her seat and pressed the ketchup bottle,spraying ketchup all over Ben's shirt.

"I'm so sorry,Ben,"she kept muttering,grabbing tissues and leaning over the table to wipe the stain off.The rest of us watched in silence,Sam enjoying it more than anybody else.

"Anna,relax,the stain is not so bad,"Ben said,placing his hands on hers to stop her.Her eyes widened and she turned a bright red.

Anna tore her hands from under his."I gotta go,"she stammered,taking her bag and rushing off before any of us could stop her-well everyone except Sam.

The table was silent for what felt like ages until Oliver spoke."So,Laura the prankster,any more tricks up your sleeves?"

"Nope.It was just a one time thing,"I replied.

"But that was what made you so popular!"Oliver said.

"Actually,Oliver,her slapping Ross was what made her so popular,"Jessica said.

On Wednesday night,Ross called me up and suggested that we prank Mr.Jackson,the AP Biology teacher the next day.

Long story short,the prank was awesome but we were caught red-handed when empty spray cans fell out of my locker as Principal Franklin was passing by.Ross-and I quote-"wouldn't let you take all the credit for such an amazing prank" so turned himself in as well.

We were given a week's detention and ordered to get rid of all the paint on Mr.Jackson's car and apologize for the other stuff we did(yup,spray painting wasn't all we did).

People were beginning to think I was...cool and wanted to hang out.Weird right?

"You're like a changed person now,Lau,all popular and what not,"Sam said,eating a fry."You're not gonna leave us for the popular,dumbass dudes right?"

"Of course not.I'd pick you guys any day,even if I got amnesia,"I said truthfully.

"We should totally do a group hug after lunch,"Oliver suggested,and we the girls agreed.

"You know,Laura,your friend,Anna,is kinda weird but she's alright.When you check up on her,tell her that I'm gonna live.After all,it was just ketchup,"Ben said with a smile.

I beamed."Will do,Ben,will do."

***
"Hey,Laura,heading home?"

I turned to see Tori,her school bag strapped on her shoulders and a camera hanged around her neck.

I nod."Yup,done with detention."Oh yeah,do you know what else?Coach Simmons got Ross off the hook because he's the star quarterback and blah,blah,blah.So I faced it alone."Nice camera."

"Thanks.I'm going to use it to take a few shots at the school field,"Tori replied.

"Of the jocks and cheerleaders?"

"Not necessarily,anything interesting.It's for photography club.Wanna come with?"

I shrugged."Sure."

On the way to the field,Tori and I catch up.

"You're really going up the social hierarchy in this school,Laura.Neat tattoo by the way,even neater that it matches Ross',"Tori said."Awesome prank too."

"Enough about me.What have you been up to this week?"I asked,desperate to switch the topic.I never really liked being the center of attention.

Tori shrugged."You know,this and that,the usual school stuff.They're not half of the things you've been up to though!"

Luckily,we reach the field before she can begin to talk about me again,and sit at the top of the bleachers where Tori starts taking pictures.

I suddenly remember Anna and decide to ask Tori.

"I haven't seen her since lunch,"she replied."Why?"

I told her about what happened during lunch.

"Oh sweet Anna.I wish she'd just get over her fear of speaking to Ben Grey and just go for it,"Tori said after I was done.

"She is getting his attention though.That's a great start,"I said."Tell her what he said after she left.I'm sure that will lift her spirits."

"Got it."

Tori's phone rings at that moment.She hands me her camera and stands."Take over for me,will ya?I won't be long."

I nod and she walks off.

I start taking pictures of random things.Like Coach Simmons shouting his head off and Victoria looking pissed off because her squad wasn't doing a routine how she wanted.I took of anything I saw,then I found Ross and the camera...just stuck on him.I took pictures of him goofing off and his happy expressions anytime he scored a touchdown.

"How's it going?"

I jumped at Tori's voice,causing her to chuckle.

"Are you spooked that easily?"

I couldn't reply,my grip on the camera tightening.Maybe I can delete-

Tori grabbed the camera and before I could stop her,she began to look through the pictures."Hmm...well this is interesting.Most of these pictures are of Ross Lynch!Either this is a crush or an obsession,"she said with a teasing smirk.

"Neither,"I defended."He just...kept getting in the way."

Tori rose a disbelieving brow."Uh-huh,"she said slowly,then sighed."Anyway,these are pretty good.Nice job,Laura."

Tori went back to taking pitures."There's no harm in liking Ross Lynch,you know.It was inevitable the moment you started hanging out with him."

Is someone speaking from experience?"I'll never like Ross more than a friend,Tori."

"If you say so."

Why couldn't anyone just believe me?!"Yes,I do say so.This conversation is over,I'm going home."

I grabbed my bag and stood up.Tori tugged on my wrist,pulling me back down.She leaned towards me,her voice a whisper."So when you guys kissed...you didn't feel anything?"

Welllllll...no,you didn't.Just tell her that.She'll have to leave you alone after this.

So I leaned closer and said,"Nothing.Nada."

Tori stared at me.I stared back.After a few long seconds,Tori leaned back."Okay,Laura,see you next week."

I stood up again."Bye,Tori."

When I get home,I make a beeline for the kitchen.As I take a sip from a bottle of water,mom walks in.

"Hey,Laura,how was school?"

"Same,"I replied.Mom reached for her car keys on the kitchen countertop."Are you going out?"

"Mm-hm.Grocery shopping."

I dropped my bag."I'll come with."

***
"Any progress with your Creative Writing assignment?"

I sighed as I dropped two boxes of Cheerios in the shopping cart."Not really,but I'm thinking of doing an all-nighter today."

"Then we better get you some snacks because with that expression on your face,it looks like it's going to be a long night,"mom said.

I nodded."It is."

That had us both cracking up and we got back to shopping in silence.Something nags at me though.

"Hey mom?"I said,unable to keep it in anymore."How do you know when you like a boy?"

"Hmm...when you like a boy.If you find yourself thinking about him a lot-"

I so do not think about Ross a lot.

"-if you are always happy to see him."

Duh,because he's my friend.

"-if you get jealous when he's with other girls."

More like concern that he'll break their hearts.

"Is this about Ross?"

That snapped me out of my thoughts."Hm?No,no.It's about a friend of mine."

Mom didn't reply but with the small smile on her face,I could tell she didn't believe me.I wanted to defend myself,then I asked myself,'why though?'

Was I trying to convince everybody or myself?

On the ride home,mom said,"So I've been thinking...how about we try finding Vanessa again?"

My head snapped in her direction."Really?"

Mom nodded."We couldn't find her before.Heck,we couldn't even contact your father.But things have changed,Vanessa's all grown up now.There must be a reason why she hasn't gotten in touch with us."

"You're right,"I said,feeling excited."It doesn't sound like her."

"I've gotten in touch with a private investigator.A friend at work recommended him,and we're meeting him tomorrow,"mom continued.

"That's great news,mom!I can't wait to find her!"

"Me too,honey,me too."

***
My eyes were closing but I refused to lose.I didn't know how long I had been sitting in front of my laptop but when I started feeling sleepy,I'm sure I typed some words that didn't make any sense.

I didn't realise I had fallen asleep until I heard a light tapping noise.My head shot up and I looked around through drowsy eyes.

Tap.Tap.Tap.

The noise was coming from the window.

"What the hell?"I muttered when I checked the time.2 am.

I moved towards the window and raised it,only to be pushed down by a person as he fell through the window.

The person smelt of alcohol,but I registered a familiar scent of aftershave and a cologne only he could pull off.

"Ross?"

He rose his head to look at me,a goofy smile plastered on his face."Hey Laura,what are you doing down here?"he slurred.

"You're drunk."

"Yup,"Ross replied."I was having a grrrrreat time at the party,but then I got bored.How the hell did I get here?"

Ross laughed and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"Get off me,Ross."

"I'm tired,let's just lie here."

I used all my strength to push him off me and he rolled to my side.I sat up."Why didn't you go home,Ross?"

"Shh,I'm trying to sleep,"he whispered.

I watched him.Wow,even drunk and messed up,he still looked perfect.How does he do it?

I stood up and closed the window.Then I looked at him again.He can't seriously be comfortable on the floor,can he?

"Ross get up,"I found myself saying,crouching down and tugging on his arm.

His eyes half-opened."What?"he whined.

"Sleep on my bed,"I said,helping him up.Taking him to the bed wasn't easy,but I managed and took off his shoes as well."Don't fall asleep just yet.Let me get you some Tylenol."

He grunted.

I went to the bedside drawer,found the pills and took out two.Then I grabbed my emergency bottle of water and went back to Ross.I tapped him and handed over the pills and the water.

"Thanks,"he said,before swallowing the pills with a gulp of water.He handed me the bottle and made himself comfortable under my covers."You know,Laura,I'm glad I hit you with that football."

I smiled."And I'm glad I slapped you."

Then I went back to writing.

***
When I woke up the next morning,I was in my bed with no idea of how I ended up there.Ross had also disappeared,making me wonder if he had really come to my place drunk.

My eyes landed on my laptop.There was something I had to do.

I went over to my laptop and took a seat in front of it.I opened it and typed in the password.

It was about time I deleted the video.

I located it and found 'delete'.

Before I could do anything,the door burst open making me jump and click 'play' instead.

"Laura,you're up."

I turned in my seat to see a smiling Ross at the door.

"What are you..."he trailed off as his voice began to fill the room.I stood up slowly."Is that...?"

His confusion morphed into anger in seconds as he stared at me.I could only stare back.

This was the end of our friendship...and it was all my fault.

A/N:-Well someone should've warned her that this would happen.Could this really be the end like she thinks?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

364K 13.7K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
216K 5.6K 18
Roseanne, the new girl, just moved away from her past in Los Angeles to Georgia. She ran away from her abusive past, the past of her now ex-boyfriend...
120K 3.4K 56
THE FORGOTTEN SMILE AN: this book is crap. Honestly. I wrote it like years ago. The trope is shit and the spelling is even worse. Don't read it or at...
50K 1.4K 27
Started: November 24th, 2019 Finished: January 14th, 2020 ****** Meet Amanda Jones is your typical 16 year old girl, with strawberry blonde hair and...