LOVE IS IN THE HEIR (COMPLETE)

By MariaCooney

Chosen by @TheRoyalsOnE TV Show and featured by @Wattpad to celebrate the birth of Prince George and Princes... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 24

103K 1.8K 175
By MariaCooney

Four months later.

It was the day of the trial. I was sat in Arthurs car shaking from head to toe. Not because of the trial, Mark or the judge but because Edward would be there.

"Try and keep calm," Mary said as we got out of the car and walked towards the courts. "Put your sun glasses on and head down," she said.

"Victoria, Victoria, can we ask you some questions?" a man said shoving his hand towards my face with a recording device. "What is your relationship with Prince Edward?"

"Are you in a relationship with Prince Edward?" another asked.

"Is it true that the prince stopped you from being raped?" another asked.

"Have you ever seen the Prince naked?"

"Are you pregnant with his illegitimate child?

"Is it true you stayed at the Prince's palace as his concubine?"

"Has the Prince asked you to marry him?"

With all the shoving, camera flashing and TV cameras in my face I was thankful for the sunglasses and the police who came to help usher us into the court.

"Hello," the solicitor said as we entered the court area. I had tried to say I would get my own solicitor but was told that it was not permitted, as it was a case involving the crown.

I nodded my hello and took off my sunglasses.

"It's a bloody mad house out there," Arthur said and then looked around to see lot of journalists with pen and paper ready in court.

As Mark entered with his wife she gave me a filthy look and called me a man stealing whore. The journalists scribbled away as I didn't react and sat down. His wife started to call me names in conversations to others but loud enough so I could hear it. The court went silent and hushed whispers filled it moments later so I knew who had walked in... Edward.

"Be seated," we were told as I saw Edward enter my vision on the opposite side of the solicitor but I remained looking at the judges chair.

"Hey," I heard and felt a hand touch my shoulder. It was Thia. She reached over the bench to kiss my cheek as Mark's wife started name calling again.

"She is nothing but a common, childless, man stealing whore."

The tears started to fall but I sat still and stared at the desk in front of me.

Edward mumbled something to the solicitor. The solicitor moved and walked towards Mark's solicitor. They stood talking for a few seconds before Mark got annoyed and started to argue with the solicitor.

"Here look," Thia said and appeared at the side of me. "This is our new baby," she said and showed me a picture on her phone of Theo holding a tiny baby in a pink dress and booties. I had forgotten about the baby. I looked up at her briefly and smiled as I took the phone for a closer look.

"She is beautiful," I whispered.

"Yes, she is more like me than Gerard," she joked making me smile as she flicked to another picture.

"She is," I said amazed at the difference between her and Theo. Even her skin tone was lighter.

"Theo loves her," she said. "We have called her Eve but he just calls her 'Eee'."

I smiled at her distraction whilst Mark's wife was warned to stop her insults or she would be removed from the courtroom and prosecuted.

"She is a fucking liar," she shouted. "She has dragged us all here, including a Prince that she is..."

"Would you like to change seats?" Edward asked to my side.

I quickly looked to the side and at him and shook my head.

"She is only doing it as you are within ear shot, if we swap seats you won't be," he offered.

The order was give to all stand as the judge entered the room. Our solicitor rushed back and sat in Edwards chair. That meant Edward sat next to me. Right next to me!

Thia had returned to her seat and I took a deep calming breath. Instead it came out in a terrifying nervous, shuddering sound.

The judge smiled over at me and nodded his respect to Edward.

"First point of order is to remove the lady who was disrupting the court room before I entered. I will not stand for that behaviour in my court," he said and had Mark's wife removed. Amazingly she went without a word. "Miss Campbell, if you wish to press charges we will deal with that at a later date," he said and moved on.

We sat and listened to the legal mumbo jumbo, Mark was called to the stand and recounted his take on events. I couldn't believe his barefaced lies.

"Is your client aware of the consequences of lying to the court?" the judge asked.

The solicitor said he was.

"As we only have his serene Royal Highness Prince Edward for a short time I would ask him to take the stand now, please," the judge said before our solicitor could cross examine Mark.

Edward took to the stand and was sworn in.

"Where were you the night before the incident your serene highness?" our solicitor asked making me and others in the room feel the power of Edwards's title, as we had when the judge used it.

"Victoria's Tea shop," Edward replied. "You can call me Edward to speed things along."

"Thank you very much your highness," the solicitor replied and bowed to show his gratitude and again the power of Edward. "Why were you in Victoria's Tea Shop?" he asked

"It was her birthday," Edward replied.

"You were spending the evening together to celebrate," the solicitor added.

"Yes," Edward replied.

"You presented her with a gift can you tell the court what that was?"

"A heart pendant necklace," Edward replied.

"This necklace?" the solicitor asked lifting it up.

"Yes," Edward confirmed.

"What was Victoria's reaction?"

"She loved it," Edward replied.

"Did you personally put it around her neck?

"Yes."

"Can you describe the evening for us?"

"I had arranged a special meal for her birthday as a surprise in the shop downstairs. Just the two of us."

"Just the two of you?"

"Yes and the waiter."

"See evidence of the meal and silver service bill," the solicitor said and passed the judge the paper work. "Including witness statement from the waiter confirming there was only two people present the entire service. His serene highness and Miss Victoria Campbell."

"What happened after the meal?"

"We took our drinks upstairs and sat talking until we fell asleep," he said.

"Where did you fall asleep?"

"On the couch."

"Where did Victoria fall asleep?"

"In my arms," Edward replied making my heart nearly jump out of my chest, as the room became a flurry or whispers.

The judge called for order.

"Was Victoria asleep in your arms all night?" the solicitor asked as soon as the room quietened down.

"Yes," Edward answered setting the room off again.

The judge yelled and hammered.

"When did she take the necklace off?"

"The next day," Edward replied.

"Did you see the accused at all that night?"

"No. Only Victoria and the Waiter."

"Is there any way Victoria could have seen him, had a conversation with him, seduced him on the couch you were sleeping on?"

"No she was with me all night and we were on the couch together... all night."

The whispers started.

"Could she have snuck off?"

"No, our arms and legs were entwined under a blanket. Alone, together, all night."

The judge called for calm again as I stared at Edward feeling like the people we had been then, and the people we are now were so different. I longed to be those two people again.

"Your honour see exhibit B. A photograph taken on the Princes phone of Victoria Campbell asleep against his chest. The Princes hand on her head and the necklace in question around her neck. Taken by the Prince for his private use. The date and time marked prove that the testimony given previously was perjury."

I was gobsmacked I didn't know about any picture and wondered how many he had of me? OMG!

The court was a buzz as Edward and I stared at each other.

"How was the necklace removed from Victoria's neck?" the solicitor asked as soon as the judge had calmed things down and given a warning that people would be removed.

"Mary helped her the following day."

"Mary works in the shop?"

"Yes. She helped her take it off as Victoria was feeling under the weather and was helped back into bed to rest."

"She was hung over from the night before," the solicitor added.

"Yes," Edward replied.

"After drinking the wine you had purchased as part of the meal for two and shared with her before you both fell asleep on the couch together."

"Yes. Mary helped her take it off and into bed. She then showed it around the shop before leaving it back upstairs on the table in Victoria's apartment."

"So there are several witnesses who saw the necklace and knew you had given it to Victoria as a birthday present?"

"Yes,"

"Would the accused have any proof of purchasing the necklace?"

"No."

"Why is that?"

"It is a family heirloom," Edward replied making my jaw drop.

"Who did it belong to before you gave it to Victoria?"

"My grandmother, Princess Grace of Monaco," Edward replied.

Even the judge went pale as he was passed a picture of Edward's grandmother wearing the necklace.

Mark's solicitor ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, he knew they were screwed.

"Why did you give Victoria the necklace?" the solicitor asked.

"My grandfather had given it to my grandmother on her birthday and I was permitted to give it to Victoria," he said.

"Who permitted it and why?" the judge asked.

"My family permitted it, because I love her," he said looking heartbroken.

The court roared so loud thejudge called recess as getting it back under control was out of the question({YA^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 1.9K 46
Bella head towards where they're going, carefully stepping along the craggy rocks. When suddenly, one of the rock she step into knocks her off balanc...
1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...
139K 7.8K 69
| 18+| Sequel to 'The Prince's Choice'| Newly crowned king and queen, William and Jade stand at the brink of war. Their union has enraged William's m...
5.5K 295 25
*A perfect slow burn Regency Romance to delve into.* Growing up on the estates of Kendal Manor was idyllic, but as an adult, Charlotte Mondrook's wor...