Love in the Nick of Time

By Tranay21

Regina Washington has always been Ms. Independent, she practically wrote the song. Now living her dream as a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 4

4.1K 135 7
By Tranay21

"Verity look at this place I found in Jersey." Regina said as she walked into Verity's office and handed her the tablet.

Verity scrolled through the pictures of the open field perfect for Mia's wedding.

"This is perfect."

"You will not believe all of the permits we have to get. I don't even know what to do about security."

"I can call Mia and see what she wants to do about security; I know she has her own security team."

"I will call the owners and see if we can get a tour."

"Give me the number and I'll make the call, you need to go talk to Jess about the floral arrangements."

"I'm going down there now, are you sure there isn't anything you want me to bring to the dinner tonight?"

"Nothing but your pretty little self," Verity beamed. Regina noticed the mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Verity what are you up too?"

"I'm not up to anything." she said innocently.

"Yes you are."

"Just give me the number-oh Ramona will be at the dinner tonight she just got back from vacation." Verity said referring to the young intern she brought on.

"Ah spring break I remember those days." Regina said fondly. "Prancing around the beach in nothing but a bikini and some sun block,"

"I'm glad your spring breaks were fun I had to stay home and babysit Teresa." Verity said rolling her eyes.

"Well I am sure that I raised enough hell for the both of us." Regina said before slipping out of the office and towards the elevator. When Regina reached Jess' floor the office was alive with people running back and forth from the workshop.

"Hey Gina," Jess receptionist Meg called out to her.

"Hey Meg how's it going?"

"Busy as you can see." Meg said pointing to the phone that was lit up with calls waiting to be answered.

"Where's Jess?"

"In the drawing room I think." Meg said quickly as she answered the phone. Regina wandered to the drawing room to find Jess concentrating intently on her sketch.

"Afternoon Jess," Regina said as she dodged a broken china pencil that Jess tossed aimlessly behind her as she muttered to herself.

"Jess!" Regina called out as she shook Jess lightly startling her.

"Oh my god Gina you scared me." Jess said as she pulled her ear buds out.

"Sorry I didn't know you had something in your ears." Regina said as she noticed the sketch Jess was working on.

"Is this your dress by any chance?" Regina asked as she was about to pick up the paper.

"Never mind that, we have floral arrangements to talk about." Jess said as she pushed Regina's hands away and quickly hid the sketch. Regina's curiosity about the dress had been spiked ever since Jess decided to keep the dress a secret. The only thing Regina knew was that the dress was going to be purple.

"You're pretty busy today; do you want to do it later?"

"No, I have a full staff today, they can manage without me. Plus Leo is coming to get me so we can go over the final selection of the menu." Jess said as she radiated with excitement.

"Leo's mother decided that she wants to be a vegetarian this week." Jess said rolling her eyes. "I swear she is just trying to make my life miserable."

"You're taking away her only son I would be surprised if she didn't make things difficult." Regina said with a laugh as Jess only response was a grunt.

"So for the flowers do you still want purple and white roses for your bouquet?"

"Yes."

"For the centerpieces, I was thinking something a little vintage." Regina said as she took a seat and pulled out her notepad. Fifteen minutes later the women were interrupted by a knock on the door. Regina watched Jess' face light up when she saw Leo standing in the doorway smiling at her his crystal blue eyes shining with love.

"Hello love." Leo said as he strode into the room and kissed Jess passionately. Regina placed her attention onto the hang nail on her left pinky as she began to feel a little out of place.

"I'm sorry Gina." Leo said as he wiped away the lipstick smeared across his lips.

"Not a problem." Regina said packing her bag.

"Are you ready to go love?" Leo asked as he ran his fingers through Jess' hair.

"I think so, are we done Gina?" Jess asked as she handed Leo her sketch pad.

"Yes everything is finished, you two lovebirds have fun. We'll talk later about the rehearsal dinner" Regina said as she gathered her things a left. When Regina returned to the office Verity was in a meeting with a new client and Teresa handed her a 'While you were out' slip that said to call Cookie as soon as possible.

When Regina reached her office she called Cookie who rambled on and on about her maid of honor who could get nothing right.

"I just never realized how mental she is." Cookie said with a sigh. "That's not why I called you, I wanted to see if you would be available to come see the yacht this weekend."

"Sure, what time?"

"I'll come pick you up around 12."

"Okay see you then Cookie." Regina said as Verity walked in. Regina ended their conversation as Verity took a seat.

"What do you plan on wearing tonight?"

"I don't know maybe some jeans."

"You should wear those black skinny jeans I made you get." Verity said making Regina cringed, she absolutely detested those jeans.

"I don't know how I let you talk me into getting those jeans; I hate them with a passion."

"But you look so good in them." Verity said as Regina narrowed her eyes at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Who are you trying to set me up with tonight?"

"No one,"

"Verity Christina Palmer-Vega I know you and the only reason why you're so concerned about what I am wearing to our staff meeting dinner is because you have someone you want to set me up with." Regina said folded her arms across her chest.

"So spill it."

"Okay you got me, Dimitri's cousin Andrew just came into town and I think he would be perfect for you. He's absolutely gorgeous, and he is such a sweetheart."

"So what's wrong with him?" Regina asked as she began to doodle on a piece of paper.

"Nothing,"

"Then why isn't he taken already."

"Just promise me you will be on your best behavior."

"I promise I will be nice."

"I'm talking about my definition of nice."

"I keep telling you you're too nice." Regina said shaking her head knowing that she had no choice but to give in.

"Fine Verity I will use your definition of nice and I will be on my best behavior."

"Thank you." Verity said as she got up. "I'll see you tonight." Verity tossed over her shoulder as she walked out of the office quite pleased with herself.

That night when Regina arrived Verity's house was filled with their staff.

"You finally made it." Verity said as she greeted Regina with Sabrina trailing behind her.

"Sorry I'm late it had to stop by the bakery."

"Are those maple pancake cupcakes?" Verity asked as she picked up Sabrina.

"Yes ma'am"

"Yay!" Verity said as she jumped with excitement.

"Yay," Sabrina mimicked.

"Hi pumpkin," Regina said kissing her cheek.

"Well now that you're here let me introduce you to Andrew and then we can get started." Verity said as she grabbed Regina by the hand pulling her towards the dining room where Dimitri and Andrew were sitting with Carlos their DJ.

"Hey Carlos,"

"It's about time you got here I'm starving." Carlos complained.

"Just because your wife is pregnant does not mean that you have to eat for two as well." Regina said as she poked Carlos in the stomach.

"What are you talking about I still look the way I did in High school." Carlos said in his defense.

"Only in your mind," Regina said with a laugh as she thought about how tall and slim Carlos used to be when they met in high school.

"Gina this is my cousin Andrew." Dimitri said breaking up Regina and Carlos' playful banter.

Whoa. Regina thought as Andrew stood up to greet her, as he toward over her 5"9 frame.

He's definitely a looker.

"It is such a pleasure to finally meet you, Verity has told me all about you."

"All good things I hope." Regina said as she slid her hand into his as she was mesmerized by his dazzling smile.

"Of course," Verity said giving Regina a shove.

"Can we eat now?" Carlos asked sounding like a little kid.

"Yes Carlos we can eat now." Regina said rolling her eyes.

During the dinner Verity made sure that Regina sat next to Andrew even though Regina would have preferred to sit in her usual seat so she could look at everyone as she gave the itinerary for the next two months. With wedding madness upon them they were booked solid for the entire summer.

"Am I late?" Ramona also known as little Verity asked as she walked into the dining room.

"Nice of you to make it Ramona we're just about finished." Verity said pulling up a chair for her clearly upset that she was late.

"Sorry," she mumbled as she blushed with embarrassment.

"It's alright little V." Rita their on-call make-up artist said patting her hand.

"Why did Rita call her little V." Andrew asked Regina in a whisper.

"Oh because she's Verity's intern and usually wherever Verity is she's not too far behind. So we started calling her little Verity."

"Oh I see."

After the meeting was over Regina found herself talking to Andrew for the rest of the time she was there. Before she went home they swapped numbers and she had a date for that Sunday. For once she was glad for Verity's meddling ways.

"So you have a date on Sunday, what do you have to say?" Verity said with a huge grin on her face as she bounced Sabrina on her hip.

"Goodnight." Regina said turning on her heels getting ready to leave.

"You're meeting Cookie tomorrow right?"

"Yeah." Regina said turning around.

"Can you let Ramona go with you; I think it would be a good idea for her to help you on this.

"Yeah help you spy on me." Regina said knowing full well that Verity wanted to make sure that everything went smoothly.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Verity said blinking innocently.

"Tell her to be at my place by eleven-thirty." Regina said before leaving

****

"I am so sorry about this but mother just insists on coming." Cookie apologized as they pulled up in front of her parent's house. Regina cringed at the sight of the house, the last time she was there Christian had proposed to her during the family's Easter dinner. Regina slowly trailed behind Cookie as they walked into the house and was greeted by the housekeeper Tara.

"Tara have you seen my mother?" Cookie asked.

"I think she's outside with your brothers and father."

"Max is here?"

"He arrived about an hour ago."

Cookie looked at Regina her face lit with excitement.

"Max is here, come on." Cookie said grabbing Regina and Ramona by their hands and rushed them towards the backyard. Christian and Maxwell were busy playing basketball while Mr. Grey fiddled around with his smoker.

"That's daddy for you, as soon as it gets a little warm he brings the smoker out." Cookie said shaking her head.

"You can take the man out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the man." Cookie said mimicking her father's favorite line.

"It's the truth Cookie." Mr. Grey said walking over to his daughter and hugging her.

"If it isn't my prodigal daughter-in-law, still taking those beauty pills I see." Mr. Grey said in his usual booming southern voice as he hugged Regina.

"We've missed you." Mrs. Grey said joining them. "Who is this beautiful young lady?" Mrs. Grey asked after noticing Ramona.

"This is our intern Ramona she's going to help me with the reception."

"Mother, I thought you were going to be ready by now." Cookie fussed as she looked down at the gardening clothes her mother was wearing.

"Just give me a few minutes to freshen up and change." Mrs. Grey said as she walked into the house.

"We're going to be here awhile." Cookie mumbled as she took a seat.

"Boys we have company." Mr. Grey yelled grabbing his son attention; as soon as Christian saw Regina he forgot all about the game and headed towards her. Regina tried very hard to keep her eyes on his face instead of his muscular chest dripping with sweat that she usually wouldn't mind drooling over. Max pushed Christian out of the way and reached Regina first his brown eyes shining with mischief.

"Hello gorgeous." He said before he wrapped his arm around her waist and planted a kiss on her lips knowing that it would piss his little brother off.

"Well hello to you handsome." Regina said with a laugh as Max winked at her as a scowling Christian finally reached them, his nose flaring with anger. Christian looked as if he wanted to punch his brother in the throat.

"Oh relax baby brother, you let her get away so you have to get used to seeing other men kiss her. Think of it as.... practice."

"Practice my ass." Christian snapped.

"Alright boys cut it out and come help me with this damn thing." Mr. Grey said as he handed Max a bucket of wood chips.

"Well how about some sugar cookies Tara just made a batch." Cookie said escorting Regina and Ramona into the house and into the kitchen.

The woman sat in the kitchen munching on sugar cookies and talked about the reception while they waited for Mrs. Grey to come down.

"Okay we can leave now ladies." Mrs. Grey said as she waltzed into the kitchen making a grand entrance showing off her crème sundress.

"You look as elegant as ever mother, now let's go." Cookie said rushing them out of the kitchen.

Regina excused herself to go to the restroom; she walked into the den and quickly went to the bathroom knowing that they were already late. Regina was washing her hands when the door opened and she saw Christian standing in the doorway with nothing but a blue towel hung low around his hips.

"Do you mind?" Regina snapped.

"Of course not," Christian said walking into the bathroom and closed the door behind him with a smirk playing at his lips.

"Can you leave; you can have the bathroom when I'm finished." Regina said motioning for him to leave as Christian stepped into her personal space.

"You know I didn't like seeing my brother kiss you one bit." He said as he fingered a shoulder length lock of hair.

"That's not my fault."

"You cut your hair, and if I remember correctly it is entirely your fault."

"I know you are not trying to blame me for what happened between us." Regina snapped as she pushed Christian out of her space.

"You're the one who blew everything way out of proportion." Christian yelled and Regina punched him in the stomach.

"I guess I took that out of proportion too." Regina snapped as Christian doubled over in pain as he struggled to breathe. Regina stormed out of the house and got into the car.

"Are you alright," Mrs. Grey asked noticing how tense she was.

"I'm just fine." Regina said as she gave her a reassuring smile.

I can't say the same for your douchebag son.

When the women reached the dock Regina marveled in the 148 foot yacht. The tour guide went on about the plush cherry wood handcrafter furniture, guest rooms, and space capacity large enough to accommodate up to four hundred people.

"Did you say four hundred people?" Regina asked stopping the guide midsentence.

"Yes four hundred." She smiled politely. Regina looked at Cookie.

"Four hundred people Cookie?"

"Don't look at me, she's the mad woman behind this." Cookie said pointing to her mother.

"I will give you some time." The tour guide said before walking away.

"Well it's more like three hundred and fifty people."

"I don't even know three hundred and fifty people, I barely know twenty." Cookie said shaking her head.

"It doesn't matter, Ramona I need you to get the measurements of the observation deck and tables available." Regina said and with a nod Ramona went to track down the tour guide.

"Boy she's a quite one isn't she." Mrs. Grey said.

"Yes she is, we're trying to bring her out of her shell."

"Regina dear you must come to Cookie's bridal shower at the country club next weekend."

"Oh yes it would be so much more fun if you came along."

"I can't I have a wedding." Regina said grateful for Jess' upcoming wedding, she didn't know how much more she could take being around Christian's family. She loved them all like they were her own family but she wasn't family and after Cookie's wedding was over she would never see them again.

"That's right I forgot." Cookie said with a pout.

After the tour Regina took Ramona home before going home herself and tried to figure out what she wanted to wear for her date with Andrew the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366 33 4
Queen Regina of Mist Haven is slowly losing hope that she will ever be able to marry for love. Almost every aspect of her life is controlled, especia...
76 1 14
Dan's life is forever changed when his plan to have a child at the same time as his best friend Harry goes awry. The community Dan finds in his newly...
70.7K 2.7K 22
It's inspired by true story. In real life there was a woman who got pregnant but with cancer and it is story about how she tackle the whole journey o...
1.7M 49.7K 36
(COMPLETED) It was only supposed to be one night. Amara Gray knew she should have turned him down, but she didn't. Now she's pregnant with his baby...