.Rise And Fall.

By takenbyshawnbut_

Highest ranking: #1 in Rise. #1 in Fall. #1 in... More

.Rise And Fall.
.Rise and Fall. (1)
.Rise and Fall. (2)
.Rise and Fall. (3)
.Rise and Fall. (4)
.Rise and Fall. (5)
.Rise and Fall. (6)
.Rise and Fall. (7)
.Rise and Fall. (8)
.Rise and Fall. (9)
.Rise and Fall. (10)
.Rise and Fall. (11)
.Rise and Fall. (12)
.Rise and Fall. (13)
.Rise and Fall. (14)
.Rise and Fall. (15)
.Rise and Fall. (16)
.Rise and Fall. (17)
.Author's Note And Cast.
.Rise and Fall. (18)
.Rise and Fall. (19)
.Rise and Fall. (20)
.Rise and Fall. (21)
.Rise and Fall. (22)
.Rise and Fall. (23)
.Rise and fall. (24)
.Rise and Fall. (25)
.Rise and Fall. (26)
.Rise and Fall. (27)
.Rise and Fall. (28)
.Rise and Fall. (30)
.Rise and Fall. (31)
.Rise and Fall. (32)
.Rise and Fall. (33)
.Rise and Fall. (34)
.Rise and Fall. (35)
.Rise and Fall. (36)
.Rise and Fall. (37)
.Rise and Fall. (38)
.Rise and Fall. (39)
.Rise and Fall. (40)
.Rise and Fall. (41)
.Rise and Fall. (42)
.Rise and Fall. (43)
.Rise and Fall. (44)
.Rise and Fall. (45)
.Rise and Fall. (46)
.Rise and Fall. (47)
.Rise and Fall. (48)
.Rise and Fall. (49)
.Rise and Fall. (50)
.Rise and Fall. (51)
.Rise and Fall. (52)
.Rise and Fall. (53)
.Rise and Fall. (54)
.Rise and Fall. (55)
.Rise and Fall. (56)
.Rise and Fall. (57)
.Rise and Fall. (58)
.Rise and Fall. (59)
.Rise and Fall. (60)
.Rise and Fall. (61)
.Rise and Fall. (62)
.Rise and Fall. (63)
.Rise and Fall. (64)
.Rise and Fall. (65)
.Rise and Fall. (66)
.Rise and Fall. (67)
.Rise and Fall. (68)
.Rise and Fall. (69)
.Rise and Fall. (70)
.Rise and Fall. (71)
.Rise and Fall. (72)
.Rise and Fall. (73)
.Rise and Fall. (74)
.Rise and Fall. (75)
.Rise and Fall. (76)
.Rise and Fall. (77)
.Rise and Fall. (78)
.Rise and Fall. (79)
.Rise and Fall. (80)
.Bonus Chapter.
.Bonus Chapter.
.Epilogue.

.Rise and Fall. (29)

22.5K 811 79
By takenbyshawnbut_

|Chapter: 29|

"The answer is still no", I deadpanned, playing with the half eaten sandwich on my tray.

Sarah and I are in the cafteria for lunch and she's being persistent about going to a party tonight for almost a half hour. Never have I ever went to one and not planning on go to any in future. I was not looking forward to humiliate myself infront of so many kids from highschool, the thought itself brought an nauseating feeling.

"For God's sake this is our last year. Loosen up and have fun', she paused, thinking for a while, "Nickel's gonna be there too", she added, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What does Nick has to do with all these?", I took a bit of the sandwich.

"Since you two are inseparable, I thought you'd interested if he comes", she reasoned out. "Plus, you get to know his world better."

Inseparable? No doubt, last week has been fun with him. Surprisingly, he has been walking me to my classes everyday and even waited for me outside the door, when I finished. I didn't have to drive myself to school, his badass bike was no more that scary to ride on and I actually enjoyed, at the same time the coldness would wreck up my nerves. He still sneaks in to my house at night, we would watch some documentaries, or thrilling movies, which I discovered are his favourite genres. It matched his dark features though, while I only spent the time noting them down. 

"I-I'll think about it", I said unsurely. For some reasons I wanted to go, maybe the last line had me. You get to know his world better. And his world included wild parties, too.

"C'mon be sure", she shoved my shoulder playfully.

"FINE", I said, grumpily.

This girl can never take no for an answer. I rolled my eyes when she beamed her pearly white teeth triumphantly at me. Childish.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Salvor sitting on the table next to us. We didn't have lunch together but I guessed he was cutting his class. Hesitantly, I looked his way and for a moment our eyes met but he was the one to look away first.

The guilt in me was back again, rising up to my throat this time. Its been a whole week, we didn't talk. I never thought in the past that there would be one day we will actually stop talking and if someone told me that, I'd have spitted my orange juice on the face of the person who did.

"Is that...", Sarah pointed her index at her twin. "Hey you dumbass c'mere", she called. And I mentally face palmed.

I looked down, hiding my face to escape the awkward moment as I played with the end of my white cardigan.

I was stunned when he actually came and pulled the chair opposite to me before sitting down. Another awkward silence filled the space until..

"RENAAAA."

I jumped off my chair shocked holding my chest muttering, "Oh good lord".

The owner of the voice was laughing his ass off as he made his way towards me. He pushed his hair back that fell on his face, and he smirked at me and I almost couldn't feel me knees.

I heard chuckles around me. And then I remembered I'm still in the cafteria filled with students. Some of them looked amused with the way the bad boy acted few moments ago which was very unsual, while some were just busy scowling at me. Nickel Black was anything, but fun.

"You scared me idiot", I frowned, as I tried to look angry.

"Well it was totally worth it for the face you made", he said grinning. And I could feel my anger fading away while noting his beautiful features again. Why do I become so lame infront of him?

I rolled my eyes at him before taking my bag off the table, and swinging it to my back.

"See you later", I told Sarah while she waved, smiling. Glancing at Salvor who seemed busy on his phone, or rather was trying to act, I turned and left with Nick.

"Are you sure you want to do this?", I asked for the tenth time already.

"I'm determined", he replied.

Currently we are outside the library. I had to fetch up some books and to my delighted surprise Nick offered his helping hand. Didn't he say that books might bite his ass? Well I guess, he was over that.

I stepped in first and he was behind me. I went in different rows searching for the certain books I needed while he followed me like a lost puppy. I was smiling like a lovestruck fourteen year old girl, all the way hiding behind my hair so that I don't make a fool out of myself. All these little things he did for me brought a giddy feeling inside my stomach.

I could feel him boring holes into my back but not that I mind. I actually enjoyed his company the most. And that makes me think why didn't we became friends sooner, what would've life been like in last seven years with him and how much fun we would've had together.

And the biggest of all was, was there a possibility of us being in love?

C'mon Nick doesn't do this love thing.

"The last one.That's it", I handed him the seventh book over the pile of books he was already holding. 

He gave me that are you crazy look with his eyes wide and I chuckled hitting him slightly on the shoulder, "You're the one who insisted to help. Now, don't give me that look."

"No seriously what's you gonna do with all these", he said, lifting to check the books out again. "Sell them? That's  illegal Rena", he said with a fake concerned face.

"Illegal is in your diary not mine", I rolled my eyes as we made our way to the front desk.

Miss Maya looked up with her tired dull eyes. I smiled at her which she gadly returned. "For how long?"

"Just a week", I answered and she nodded.

"Looks like Mr. Black has been frequently visiting the library, lately", she said writing the slip down. "I see nothing strange", she smiled.

"It's more like a maze to him, so nothing strange at all", I joked.

Nick stood there silently with his expression completely nothing. This is the annoying part, for others he was still that rude, dark and mysterious bad boy with zero humour in his system, who could care less to talk with others except his group of friends and Zac. And me, and I still don't know why.

Some times I just wonder why me that he chooses to be around with when he can have any girl he likes.

"Do you want me to carry the books for the rest of the day? If that's the case then I'll do it only in one condition", he smirked, the smirk that I can die for literally, once we were out of the library.

"And may I ask what is it?"

"I get to kiss you anytime and anywhere for the rest of the day. Sounds more like an offer, doesn't it?", again back with his cocky grin.

How much I actually wanted to take that offer just in a heartbeat but I had to play it cool.

"Nah", we stopped near my locker and I did the combination before taking the books off his hands. "I'll just hand it to my locker and kiss it for the rest of the day if I have to."

"Thats...", he gets cut off by his ringing phone. I adjusted the books while he took the call.

"What? You are here already?", he sounded happy. Not really was I trying to evasdrop but I just couldn't help. Its not like I could hear the person on the other end also, I tried to convince the part who thought it was wrong to do so.

"Okay you stay there. I'll go get you", he ran his hand through his drity blonde, smiling. He never usually smile like that except for me and I didn't know why I felt  so disturbed and annoyed by it. Who was in the other end?

He cut the call and I pretended like still adjusting the books.

"Listen Rena, I got some work to do but I'll be back before your class ends", he looked impatient like he wanted to leave already. Hidding all the disappointment I plastered a smile and nodded.

"Wait", I called out when he started walking away. "Is it leaves bruises on your face and you end up wearing a helmet kinda work?", I asked hesitantly. 

He chuckled walkingback to me, before cupping my face with his hand, "I promise, didn't I?"

"And can I trust you not to break that promise?"

He kissed my forehead before saying, "With everything." I sighed in content.

With a last wink he left.

.

He lied to me.

He didn't come back like he said and it was end of the day.

"Guess I have to take the bus", I muttered to myself closing the locker.

I walked down the hall and like always out of habit, I turned to look at his grey dull locker and I wished I didn't, for the first time I wished he wasn't leaning on it. Why?

Nick was casually leaning on his locker smiling that happy smile again while Stella Arrington, the cheerleader of Fallon High held his arm and laughed throwing her head back at something he said. She was beautiful, and million times better than me.

As much as I hate to admit it but I had to say, they looked so perfect together.

I felt my eyes welling up, which I had no idea of but I knew well enough what kind of feelings I was going through. He should have just told me that he'll be busy with the most popular girl instead of making me wait, I begrudgingly thought. I wanted to cry and at the same time I wanted to snatch him away from her, the wild side of me. So this is what jealousy feels like, but I had no right to.

I fisted and unfisted my hands several times before turning around to take the other route. No way I'm passing them and disturb thier happy moment.

"Need a ride home?", a voice stopped me on the track. I didn't realise I was walking on the sidewalk and not taking the bus.

"James", I was surprised to see him. I haven't seen him since the night he delivered pizza.

"The one and only", he smiled. "Now get in."

"Where were you?", I asked once I put my seatbelt on and he pulled away.

"My grandmother was sick and she wanted some quality time with me. You could say I was in a vacation with her for a week", he said glancing at me and then back at the road.

There was that shine again when he talks about something he loves. I have known him for a little time and he seemed like a good guy to me. I smiled.

"She's a real sweetheart", he added. And that just confirmed how much he loves her.

The rest of the ride was in silence as he concentrated more on the road and I did on my wild running thoughts and possibilities. What is their relationship? "Thank you for the ride", I said before unlocking the door, after he cut his engine off infront of my house.

"Uh.. Serena", he called and I waited for him to continue. "Are you free tonight?"

"No. I'm going at Max Holland's party", I said truthfully.

"Oh if you don't mind can I take you there?", he asked with his cute sheepish smile. Before the reason behind going there was to spent time with Nick. But now, I know he was blinded by that cheerleader's long tanned legs. He won't  probably pay any attention to me. And on the addition, James is not a bad company.

"I owe you for the ride anyways."

"Is it a yes?"

"Yes."

******
Vote.Comment.Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 48.1K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
112K 3.1K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
1.5M 37K 53
Before you read, here are some warnings! My grammars suck and this book makes no sense. It is so unorganized and so cringy. Totally not worth reading...
2.4M 18.6K 7
Highest rank #1 in teen fiction I had a simple plan. Get a good GPA, escape into college and never turn back. I didn't hate anything because I knew...