Bitten By The Past (Camren)

By luxurylolo

They both have some bad pasts. Camila Cabello, a new freshman at Miami University, meets Lauren Jauregui, a b... More

1. Roomie
2. Clashing Paths
3. Like A New World
4. First Day
5. Eyes Take Me Away
6. Wrong About Being Wrong
7. Missed
8. Hi Again
9. I Wanna Know You
10. Let Me Kiss You
11. Might Be Better
12. Homesick
14. Not You Again
15. Taking Sides?
16. Stubborn
17. Carrion
18. Be Mine
19. Edge
20. The Thrill
21. Lost
22. Party Crasher
23. Just The Campus Psycho
24. Fix It
25. Not Letting Go
26. "Psycho-regui"
27. Back to the Norm
28. Them...
29. Together Pt. 1
30. Together Pt. 2
31. Yes
32. Only You
33. Admitting It
34. No Place Like Us
35. So Close...
36. The Plan
37. I Need You
38. Stay Ready
39. Calm Before The Stromberg
40. Revenge
41. Fight or Flight
42. Superheroes
43. Past Due
44. Girl Talk & Revelations
45. The Truth
46. Good Terms
47. Back At It
48. Real
49. Nerves
50. MMO

13. Party?

15.1K 346 128
By luxurylolo

Lauren's POV

I was playing more of the song that I had started to write for Camila and I had finally gotten a few more lyrics down.

"...but our lips refuse to move."

I strum the six stringed instrument along with my words and let a subtle smile take over my face as I continue.

"Give me the space to return...return the breath you've stolen, give me the means to--"

I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I looked down onto my table and see Demi's picture pop up. I put down my guitar and reach over to pick it up.

"Howdy there." I greet her.

"You suck at pretending to be a cowgirl Laur." She laughs. "Open your door, I'll be there in about 10 seconds."

"And you called me to announce that, instead of knocking?"

"Um, yes. Now open it loser." She hangs up and I walk over to the door, swiftly opening it.

Demi rushed in and sat on the couch in my room.

"Dig this. So there's this guy at my job downtown..."

"You have a job downtown?" I ask.

"Um McDonalds girl. Been there for a week. Being your RA is cool an all but literally there's nothing around here to do but watch you guys be all educational." She frills her fingers.

"Educational? Demi you graduated just last year. It was your choice to be an RA here." I chuckle.

"Aw well you know I couldn't just leave you here alone." She pinches my cheeks. "My little Laur Laur."

I swat her hand away and give her a fake smile. "Whatever...go on."

"He has the most beautiful face I've seen on a human being." She says and holds a hand up to her chest.

"That's it?" I quirk up an eyebrow. "Mhm." She smiles. "Now, where were you last night? I knocked on your door and I figured you were sleep...although that was around 8."

"Oh, I was just giving Camila a lift home." I shrug.

She smirks at me and jumps to my bed with excitement. "Oh your girlfriend?" She says with a sly smile. "She's not my girlfriend Dems." She lifts an eyebrow and scoots closer. "You guys are cute though if it helps." She smiles.

"Still writing that sappy love song for her?" She laughs. "Its not sappy, and yes. I mean, I always finish what I start eh?" I acknowledge fiddling with my pencil.

"So party tonight at Cece's. Gonna go?" She asks. "Party? I can't." I say. "Come on Laur! Cece always throws the best parties, and they get even more hype with you being there." She was now shaking my right arm.

I lift off from the bed and go over to grab a drink from my mini fridge. I pop it open and take a sip before sitting it down and giving her a serious look.

"I told Camila I'd pick her up from her parents house tonight Demi, besides, we all know what happened the last time I went to one of Cece's parties..." I start. "Laur, that was last year. Why are you still beating yourself up about it?" She questions. "Demi, it changed things for me. It changed me." I say quietly. "Lauren what happened after that party was not you--" "It was my fault. It was all my fault, can you not see?!" I gesture to my room.

"I live here Demi. Just me. Alone. I'm not allowed to have another roommate. I'm here by myself. I get up every morning and think about that every day...and inside...it really does hurt me." I croak.
She gets up and pulls me into a gentle embrace. She rubs my back and I silently sob into her shoulder.

"It shouldn't have happen, it wasn't suppose to end up like that. I never told her I was sorry. I'm an idiot."

"Lauren don't do this to yourself. You got a little messed up and mixed in with the wrong people." She says trying to comfort me. "Yeah and now I'm the psycho right? I just--" "You're no psycho! Stop saying that. You're not an idiot. You got into some dangerous things that night, and you took the blame for everyone. You are the most bold and courageous human that I have the honor of calling my best friend." She says as I feel a tear of hers hit my shoulder.

I pull away from her and stare in her eyes. "You're truly a blessing to have as a friend, you know that right?" I smile while wiping her cheek ridding her face of the tears she's cried. "I love you Laur. You can't let this ware you down forever." She says holding my gaze.

I sigh and nod, not really wanting to have this conversation go any longer and go back to my bed. I pick up my guitar and look up to her.

"Wanna hear some more of that song?" I smile.

Camila's POV

"Alright honey, me and your father are gonna go out for dinner and Sofi's gonna go over to the neighbor's while we're out." My mom yells from downstairs.

I walk down and hug my mom and dad.

"You guys have a nice dinner. I'll see you guys soon? Maybe I can come back next weekend or something?" I say hopefully.

"Mija, you are always welcome home. Just come whenever you can sweetheart." My dad says kissing my forehead.

"Alright, I love you. I'll call when I get back to the dorms." I say.

I squat down beside Sofi who hasn't said a word since I starting packing my stuff.

"Sofi?" I look into her eyes. They're glossy, as if they'd pour at any second now. "Kaki...don't leave." She whispers.

I look beside her where she has one of the stuffed animals I got her planted beside her laying against her leg. I pick it up and smile at her.

"Aw, you have your stuffed monkey." I hand it to her as she takes it and nods.

"Because I'm sad." She says quietly.

My smile slowly drops as she squeezes the monkey tightly the sound coming out of it:

"Hey Sofi, don't be sad. I'm always here. Give me a big smile. Say cheese. I love you."

A silent tear manages to slip from my left eye as I give her a weak smile. "It's true Sofi...don't be sad. I'm always here." I pull her into a big hug and tug her off of the ground as I squeeze her not wanting to let go.

"I love you Sofi, I'm always here." I repeat. "I love you too Kaki." she whispers.

I hand her over to my mother after I kiss her forehead. My mom smiles at our interaction and my father places a hand on my head to bring me into a hug. I say goodbye to them another time before watching them carry Sofi over to our neighbor's and then get into their car and leave for dinner.

I walk back up to my room, in my now empty house, an grab my bag as I walk downstairs. My phone begins to buzz in my pocket and I quickly pull it out knowing it was Lauren.

From: Lolo :)

Almost there... :p <3

To: Lolo :)

I'll be waiting ;P <3

I put my phone in my back pocket and go down to the kitchen. I just realized I never really looked in the fridge that much since I've been here. That's weird for me. I guess I tired myself out with crying and comforting Sofi last night, that I wasn't up for eating.

As I approach the fridge and open the door I see nothing that I'd eat in there. Why of course. That's why they went out for dinner tonight. I laugh to myself. I guess I'll just make a mental note to ask Lauren to take me to get some food once we hit campus again.

My phone rings as I pull it out of my back pocket again, hoping to see a text from Lauren, it's actually a text from Austin.

From: Austin

Hey Mila, I was wondering, maybe we could see a movie next week after the annual lighting of the fountain? Or dinner?

Oh gosh! I totally forgot about me saying yes to seeing the lighting of the fountain with him. Crap. I mean I don't want to go back on my word, but apparently he thinks its a date, which it mostly certainly would not be. I'm not really sure what to reply with, as soon as I begin a knock come to my door.

I run over and whip the door open as I see Lauren standing there happily.

"Hi." I say with a giggly smile. "I'd say hi, how was it? Did anything cool happen? How is everyone? But I kinda actually really missed you these past 24 hours, so can I get a hug first?" she says antsy. I pull her into a really big an warm embrace, chuckling at her impatience to finally have me in her arms once again.

I pull away from her and she looks a little more content now.

"Alright, so...how was it? Did anything cool happen? How is everyone?" She asks smoothly. "It was actually really surreal. I miss it so much here." I stop and bite my tongue sure not to go too deep into my sever homesick experience and smile. "I mean yeah, and no, nothing cool. Everyone's great. My parents went out to dinner and Sofi is at our neighbor's." I explain. "And we..." I continue. "Are going on another date...If that's cool with you?" I half ask with a wink. "Of course it is." she smiles.

"Great." I pull her inside my house and close the door behind her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Cliffhanger or? lol, anyways guys, I really do hope you enjoy this story so far. SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS! Thanks for continuing to read, give me feedback pls? xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 75.2K 41
Lauren Jauregui has had a crush on her fellow band member, Camila Cabello for a while now. Still friends, they have gradually grown very distant. One...
929K 4.6K 4
When Camila Cabello moved into an apartment, she thought she came prepared. But of all the things she expected, being thrown into Lauren Jauregui's p...
68.8K 1.7K 28
Lauren has moved to New York City with her three best friends to start her college life. She's excited to leave the drama of high school but she find...
5.5K 174 2
Lauren is feeling the pressures of fame and being engaged to someone she doesn't love anymore. After an impulsive trip to Havana, she meets Camila...