The Music We Make ✔️

Bởi greyfarrell

Cora Steele is a girl with talents to die for. Drew Bates is a guy with talents he would die to get rid of. ... Xem Thêm

Prologue
1. Stupid Rich School
2. Are You A Treble Clef?
3. Baboons
4. The Perfect Pair
5. Math Disturbs Me
6. Operation Jody
7. The Performance
8. It Wasn't An Accident
9. Nightmares And Hustling
10. Corey VS Andrew
11. Apologies
12. I Meant To Say That Out Loud
13. We're American
14. Dinner With The Bates
15. Accusations
16. You're The Prettiest Ogre I've Ever Seen
17. Corey VS Andrew Part Two
18. Answers And Promises
20. Down By The Bay
21. He Noticed
22. Panic Attacks And Snowball Fights
23. I'll Always Protect You
24. Serious Talk
25. Carpool And Karaoke
26. Peter Bryerson
27. Wake Up
Bonus Chapter: Wake Up
28. All About Us
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Introductions
Other Books!

19. Mini Putt

7.8K 339 176
Bởi greyfarrell

After everything Drew's parents told me yesterday I decided to have a fun day with my friends. I needed to get my mind off of everything and act like a normal teenager for a day.

With the help of Matt, we made a plan to go to the local indoor mini putt course. I'd never heard of indoor mini putt before today, but it sounded fun when Matt suggested it so I asked the girls and Matt asked the boys and everyone agreed to go. All we had to do was work out carpool plans which was easy enough. Sky and I would ride with Matt, Jess would ride with Cody, and Drew would drive alone.

Now we were on our way and I was actually pretty excited. It had been quite some time since I last went mini putting.

When we pulled into the parking lot of the mall that had the indoor mini putt, I looked up in awe at the building. It was all glass windows and steel. Modern and huge and beautiful, I just knew there was going to be so many good stores, even if we were just there for mini putt.

The others were already waiting for us by the front door when we arrived, and soon we all walked in and I was again awestruck again by how beautiful this mall was. And the stores! Better than I could've imagined. As we walked through the building I saw designer store after designer store. Now, I wasn't the type of girl to obsess over shopping or anything but seeing a place like this made me want to shop until I dropped.

"Hey Corey, how about you stop drooling over the stores and keep up with us. You're gonna get lost." Drew teased, falling into step beside me.

I touched my lips to see if I was actually drooling and they were dry. Why did I even fall for that?

"Sorry Andrew." I rebounded and we both gave each other a playful glare for being called our hated nicknames.

"You look constipated when you glare like that." I pointed out as we quickened our pace to catch up with our friends. We somehow fell behind the group.

Drew choked on his spit, obviously not expecting those words to come out of my mouth.

"And you look like the abominable snowman in that sweater." He quickly recovered.

I giggled at his insult. I was wearing a fuzzy white sweater, so I could see where he was coming from, but this thing was warm and soft so I didn't care.

"That's a good sound." Drew muttered, looking at me with soft blue eyes.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, what was he talking about?

"Your laugh." He explained when he saw the confusion on my face, "I like hearing you laugh. I know you've been through a lot, so it's nice to see you happy."

It felt like the wind had been knocked out of my lungs. I wasn't expecting him to say that. I couldn't believe someone, especially Drew, would care that much about seeing me happy.

Suddenly Drew grabbed my hand and started dragging me forward.

"C'mon." He called over his shoulder, "We're gonna lose them if we don't walk faster."

I looked forward and sure enough, the rest of our friends were way ahead of us and rounding a corner.

Together we ran to catch up with them, probably looking like fools in the process.

Once we were close behind our friends again Drew let go of my hand and we silently followed them until we made it to the indoor mini putt course.

"Hey Cora, I got you covered." Matt called from the front of the line.

That was nice of him.

"Thanks." I called back.

"Hey Matty poo, wanna pay for me too?" Cody piped up in a super high girly voice.

"I'm not paying for anyone except me and Cora. Besides, you have someone else you have to pay for." Matt replied, referring to Jess.

He wasn't wrong, Cody and Jess were a couple so as stereotypical as it was, if anyone was paying for anyone, it would be Cody paying for Jess.

Drew scoffed, "I've been friends with Matt for years and he doesn't pay for me. Great friend he is."

I giggled at Drew's dramatics and he laughed along as he moved up in line.

"What are you two laughing at? I thought you guys hated each other or something." Matt questioned, looking suspiciously between Drew and I as he walked over to us.

"We're just doing our homework." I explained, referring to the scene in music class on Monday when Mr. Cleffer told Drew and I that we had to make up so we could play well together again.

Matt furrowed his bows in confusion and Drew laughed.

"It's a long story." I told him, although it really wasn't. It was more of an inside joke between Drew and I.

"Okay then." Matt said, "Here's your club and ball, I got you purple."

I thanked him as I grabbed the items. He did good by getting me purple, it was one of my favourite colours.

Once everyone paid and got their stuff, we all headed to the first hole and lined up. I made sure that I was at the end of the line so I could watch everyone go first and see how they did it. I hadn't played since I was a kid so I didn't really know what I was doing.

Matt being Matt ended up at the beginning of the line so he could show off his "amazing" mini putt skills, and I ended up behind Drew.

"Are you stalking me or something?" He teased.

I guess we have been together quite a bit since we got to the mall.

"No, it must be fate." I joked.

After that we silently waited for our turns and after five minutes and two incidences where someone almost got a golf ball to the head, I was up.

Drew had just gotten a hole in one, so I had a tough act to follow. But thankfully everyone except for Drew and Sky had already moved on to the next hole so I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of everyone.

I held the club with both hands and positioned myself to the side of the ball, ready to hit it, when Drew came over to me, shaking his head.

"You're doing it all wrong, are you left or right handed?" He asked, gently taking the club from my hands.

"Left handed." I answered, not knowing why that had anything to do with this.

Drew gave me a small smile, "You hold the club a certain way based on what your dominant hand is. You'd hold it like this." After his explanation he demonstrated how to hold the club and the correct side of the ball I should be on.

"Okay I think I got it." I replied, taking my club back and mirroring what he did.

"You're still not doing it right, your hands aren't where they need to be." He told me, an amused smile playing on his lips and humour dancing in his eyes. He was trying not to laugh at me.

I glared down at the club and put my hands in a different position.

When I looked up at Drew for approval he shook his head and walked behind me.

He stood with his chest almost touching my back, and placed his hands over mine. Then he gently moved my hands until I was holding the club the correct way.

My breath hitched at our close proximity and the strange feeling I felt in the car yesterday came back.

"Alright, now gently hit the ball and make sure to follow through." Drew instructed, stepping back to give me some room.

I did what I was told and watched as my ball rolled perfectly towards the hole and fell in.

"I did it!" I cheered, jumping up in celebration.

"Nice job!" He complimented, raising his hand for a high five.

I slapped his hand and then we were on our way to the next hole.

I caught Sky looking at us as we walked, a knowing smile on her face. Why was she smiling like that? I gave her a confused look but she just rolled her eyes and made her way to the next hole.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

"And big surprise here, Drew Bates is our mini putt champion!" Cody announced when the score sheets were tallied up.

We all halfheartedly congratulated Drew since everyone knew he was going to win.

"But in a shocking turn of events, our runner up is miss Cora Steele!" Cody added, and this time the announcement was met with real cheers.

"Next time we should do teams of two." Jess suggested and most of us nodded in agreement.

"I call being with Drew." I spoke up, my competitive nature coming out. I liked to win, and being partnered with Drew would mean winning.

"We'd make a good team." Drew agreed, shooting a smile my way.

I smiled back and out of the corner of my eye I saw Sky looking at us again, that knowing smile still on her face. I really had to talk to her about that later.

"Hey lets get some food." Matt suggested as we walked out of the mini putt place.

My stomach growled at the mention of food and we all nodded in agreement. Food sounded nice right about now.

Once we were in the food court I looked at all the different options and tried to decide on what I wanted.

Taco Bell or Subway?

That was the hardest decision I'd had to make in a while.

Eventually I decided on Subway and got in line, rehearsing my order in my head so I didn't mess up when I actually had to say it out loud.

"What can I get you today?" The teenage girl at the counter asked.

"Can I please have a twelve inch cold cut combo on Italian herb and cheese?" I ordered, celebrating in my head for not messing up.

She got out the sub bun I asked for, cut it opened, and put on the meat before looking up at me so I could tell her the other stuff I wanted on it.

"Just lettuce and pickles please." I told her.

She quickly added those to the sandwich and then expertly wrapped it up.

"Do you want a drink?" She asked as she rung up my order.

"No thanks." I replied.

"Your total is $5.50."

I gave her a ten dollar bill and waited a moment for the change before I quickly thanked her and grabbed my sub.

Once I stepped away from Subway I scanned the seating area of the food court for the familiar faces of my friends and after a minute of looking I finally saw Sky's white hair, sitting at a table with Drew.

I hurried towards them, almost knocking someone over in the process. Get out of my way person! I want to eat my sub!

As soon as I sat down I unwrapped my sub and took a bite, suppressing a moan of appreciation for this amazing creation.

"Enjoying yourself?" Drew asked as I took another huge bite.

I looked up and saw him staring at me, amusement in his eyes and a small smile on his lips. This guy was always laughing at me, was I that embarrassing?

"What, a girl can't enjoy her food?" A questioned when I swallowed the food in my mouth.

Drew raised his hands in defeat, "You're right."

As I took another bite of the heavenly food in my hands Matt took a seat beside Drew.

My eyes widened when I saw all the food on his tray. There was two slices of pizza, a burger, fries, and three tacos. He had enough food to feel all of us!

"I was hungry." He explained sheepishly when he saw my shocked expression.

"I'm not judging." I told him, which was true. I was more impressed than anything else. I wonder if he could really finish all that food.

For the first time since I sat down, I looked at what Sky and Drew were eating.

Sky had a Caesar salad and Drew was devouring a plate of Chinese food.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust at his choice of food.

"What's that face for?" He asked when he saw me looking at his food like it was evil.

"Chinese food is disgusting." I stated.

Drew looked personally offended by my reply.

He opened his mouth, probably to defend his choice of meal, but Matt cut him off.

"Oh crap!"

We all looked at Matt in shock at his sudden outburst, and he even got a few dirty looks from people that were sitting around us.

"Care to explain?" Drew asked, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"I have an essay due tomorrow and I haven't even started it yet. Dammit. I have to go guys, you can find rides right?" Matt explained, directing the last part at Sky and I since we came here with him.

"I'll get a ride with Jess and Cody, and Drew can take Cora back." Sky spoke up.

I didn't get a say in this?

"Great, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Matt called over his shoulder as he hurried out of the food court, completely forgetting about the monstrous amount of food he bought.

Not long after Matt's departure we all finished our food and picked at Matt's until we were full and decided to leave.

"I'll see you back at our dorm." Sky said as her goodbye.

"Yeah, and I have to talk to you about something so don't go anywhere." I told her, and she gave me another one of her knowing smiles in reply before walking over to Cody and Jess, who were looking very cute sitting together and joking around.

"And then there were two." Drew joked, holding up two fingers as a visual aid.

I rolled my eye at his weirdness, "We should get going."

"Follow me." Drew said, nodding his head in the direction in front of him.

I quietly fell in step with him and we made our way to the parking lot in a peaceful silence.

When we got to his car Drew opened the passenger door for me, and once I was sat in the car, shut it.

"Radio?" He asked when he got into the driver's side and we were both buckled up.

I gave him a look that said 'do you really need to ask?'

Without me verbally replying, Drew turned the radio on and we drove back to school laughing and singing along to the radio.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

67.2K 1.4K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
5.1K 170 67
"I found love where it wasn't supposed to be." . . Life is full of missed opportunities. It takes you down many paths; some strange, some amusing and...
93.9K 6.2K 30
Wicked sorceress Cora must ruin someone's life before her eighteenth birthday or lose her magic forever, a task made tricky when she falls for her ch...
3.8K 60 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...