The Seven ✦ {Avengers}

By HarperEPierce

After almost a year of being used as weapons with HYDRA, a group of seven rather special women are rescued by... More

Prologue
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14: Christmas Special I
Chapter 15: Christmas Special II
Chapter 16: Christmas Special III
Chapter 17: Christmas Special IV
Chapter 18: Christmas Special V
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23: Valentine's Day Special II
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Epilogue:

Chapter 1:

471 13 3
By HarperEPierce

Wednesday, April 14th, 2015. A cloudy and cool day for Central Manhattan, New York City. Just the day before, seven new assets were left in the care of the Avengers, about to be trained and eventually become apart of the team. Rescued from HYDRA's grasp, SHIELD had insisted on the newcomers living with Avengers, in the renowned Avengers Tower. But, for people who had just been put through hell, waking up in an unfamiliar place with a bunch of strangers wasn't exactly comforting.

Victoria-Katherine, Quinn, Lorelei, Lexi, Beatrice, Skylar and Raven woke up in some of the biggest bedrooms and comfiest beds they had ever slept in, with some of the softest and most expensive bamboo sheets in the world, but they each woke up alone. Of course, FRIDAY had let each Avenger know when the women had awakened, and were dressed, so that they could begin the hardest part of the day; explaining what exactly was happening to them.

Victoria-Katherine was a little more excited to be in a huge bedroom, back to a life of luxury, not even questioning where she was; as long she had her comforts of home, she was happy. Her overly-trusting nature sometimes got the better of her. She dressed in the black jeans and grey cropped sweater laid out for her in the walk-in closet. Having to deal without a curling iron, she decided to throw her hair in a bun, and walk out to explore the rest of the wondrous place she was yet to discover the rest of. But when she discovered a gorgeous designer kitchen on the same floor, she also discovered three other people sitting at the island counter, looking very confused as to who she was. But then she realized it herself; she hadn't a clue who she was either.

"Now who the hell are you?" Quinn asked, a sass tone in her voice.

"Bro, that's literally the dumbest question you could ask, you know, because NONE of us know who we are?" Beatrice replied sarcastically.

"Guys, that's no way to treat a new person," Raven scolded the others. "But, do you know who you are?"

"Now that I think about it, I don't." Victoria-Katherine replied. "So you guys are in the same yacht?"

"I'm sorry... what?"

"You know, a yacht?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't speak rich people," Quinn sarcastically pointed out, rolling her eyes.

"It's a huge boat," Beatrice told her.

"Well, why didn't you just say boat?" Quinn asked querily.

"You know what, this is completely irrelevant. I wanted to ask if there's any more of us?" Raven asked the person who had just entered the room.

"Not that I know of."

"So there's four of us, none of us know who we are or why we're here. But does anyone else remember anything about a lab and russian scientists? Or is that just me going crazy?" Beatrice asked.

"What the hell happened in your past?!" Quinn circumspectly replied.

"Now that you say so, I remember a lab, with doctors and army men with thick russian accents. Some of them were hot, too. But I do remember having needles injected into me, and searing pains," Victoria-Katherine agreed.

"Jesus Christ, I don't remember anything about that, how the hell do you two remember that?" Raven exclaimed.

"Remember scientists and army men in a room? Yeah, I do too," Skylar appeared in the kitchen. Lorelei appeared beside her a second later.

"Where the hell did two you come from?!" Quinn queried dumbfoundedly.

"Downstairs. We decided to explore the tower a little. I'm guessing none of you know who you are either?" Lorelei replied.

"Not a clue," Raven told them.

"Cool, so now there are six of us. Did you see anyone else?" Victoria-Katherine asked.

"I think there's one more. I began exploring the floor below us, but one of the rooms in locked. According to her, my room was locked too before I came out. She or he is probably still asleep," Skylar told them.

"Based on the odds, it's likely a she." Quinn said.

"Don't call people 'it', that's rude." Raven scolded.

"Okay mom, why don't you just go-" Quinn and the group was suddenly cut off by a kitchen knife flying right past her face, barely missing it, and going straight into a wooden cupboard. They all stopped and looked to where it came from, but Beatrice's throat was being held hostage by a murderous Lexi with another kitchen knife, who was clearly using anger and threats to calm her anxious nerves. Beatrice looked scared to hell.

"Where am I?" She asked darkly.

"Couldn't tell you that, sweetheart," Quinn poked at her.

"Are you asking for your friend to die?!" Lexi threatened, holding Beatrice's neck even closer to the knife. Lexi's gaze darkened, and Beatrice's anxiety increased.

"Woah woah woah, why don't we all just calm down. Drop the kni-" Raven tried.

"Tell where the hell I am or I swear to god I will-" Lexi was also cut off by another few people entering the room. It was Steve, Tony, Natasha, Clint, Sam, Bucky, Vision and Wanda. Thor and Loki had gone back to Asgard, and Bruce prefered to stay off the grid until he was needed. Steve's eyes widened when he saw that one of the women was about to kill another one of them.

"Hey, Lexi, put down the knife, we're not going to hurt you," he told her softly.

"Who the freaking hell is Lexi?!" She shouted back.

"Easy there tiger, why don't you just listen to us, and you know, try not to kill anyone?" Tony asked her sarcastically. Victoria-Katherine leaned over to Raven's ear.

"Why are they so freaking hot?" She asked.

"I know right, my ex-boyfriend looks like complete shit compared to them, and he was ripped," she replied.

"It's like they were actors that auditioned for a superhero movie fandom and were forced to keep a good diet and to work out twice a day. And they ALL look like that!" Lorelei chimed in with a whisper.

"What a MARVELous explanation," Skylar joked quietly.

"Blondie over there can avenge me anyday," Quinn commented, licking her lips while looking at Steve. The girls giggled quietly.

"Excuse me ladies, but your friend is about to die," Tony interjected. "Mind helping out?" They refocused their attention to Beatrice and Lexi. Bucky snorted at their attempts to get Lexi to drop her knife.

"What are you laughing at, Barnes?" Natasha snarled.

"Your failures," he replied rudely, "she's not doing to drop the knife until you explain something to her, you idiots."

"And remind me how you know this?" Wanda crossed her arms.

"I'm just getting out of that stage now," he replied, "getting her to calm down and drop the knife ain't gonna happen. Just tell her what the hell's going on, they're all here anyway."

"If you say so," Sam shrugged, "broody bastard." He muttered under his breath.

"Look, we will explain everything to you and them. We're your friends," Steve turned to her. Lexi stared him straight in the eye.

"I don't trust you." She spat.

"It's... getting a li... little hard... to breathe here... help!" Beatrice panted.

"Shut the hell up!" Lexi shouted at her, tightening the grip around her throat.

"Holy shit! Let me handle this," Bucky pushed everyone aside and menacingly walked closer to Lexi.

"You come any closer and she dies," she threatened.

"Bullshit. Drop the damn knife," he narrowed his eyes at her.

"... what did you just say to me?!" Her voice got louder.

"I'm call bullshit. If you were to truly kill her, you would've done it by now." He seethed.

"I will kill her, don't think I won't!" She threatened again.

"If you're so sure, kill her." He shrugged.

"Bucky, what the hell are you doing?" Steve pulled him back.

"Proving a point," he replied, roughly shoving off Steve's arm. He turned back to Lexi, "what are you waiting for? Do it, if you're so sure. See if I care," he told her. Lexi looked at him, narrowed eyes, as if she wanted to prove the point that she was able to do it, but she couldn't. She couldn't kill her, she was an innocent woman. What had she done wrong? Lexi felt like a monster, but there was no way in hell she was going to show vulnerability to strangers.

She threw Beatrice out of her arms, where Beatrice ran to the other side of the island with the other girls. Then Lexi slammed the knife down on the table.

"That's what I thought," he smirked, walking back to the back of the kitchen, where he could brood some more. He had Lexi in extreme frustration, but she wasn't going to show it.

"You guys should come sit down, you're about to hear a lot of information." Clint told them. They nodded, Lexi reluctantly, and went up the stairs to the penthouse floor, where everyone's space was. They went and sat on the giant comfy couch there, and were each handed their own files.

"Your names are Lorelei Adams, Skylar Edwards, Raven Wells, Lexi Hart, Beatrice Spencer, Quinn Atkinson and Victoria-Katherine Whiteson III." Natasha told them. "You seven were captured and used as weapons for HYDRA, a terrorist organization. You were experimented on, and all have extraordinary abilities, much like Wanda over here. She's telekinetic and telepathic. You all have different abilities, and you all were also injected with super soldier serum, so you all have heightened senses, speed and strength. We rescued you, and we are now going to train you to become the newest avengers. All of your information should be in your files. Have fun," she told them very directly.

"Well that was welcoming." Sam told her sarcastically.

"Whatever, at least we have more women on the team now." Wanda excused.

"More PMS to deal... oof." Tony joked. Natasha and Wanda shot nasty glares at him. Stupid freaking period jokes. "Anyway, you'll each be sharing a floor. Three of you on one, four on the other. Lexi, Victoria-Kath- you know what let's just call you Tori, and Skylar you're on one floor. Beatrice, Lorelei, Raven and Quinn you're on the one below them." Tony told them.

"To find out everything about you and each other, read the files. Your old jobs, height, weight, and new powers should be listed there." Wanda told them, and then the Avengers left the couch for the women to do their own thing.

"So I guess I'll start. I'm Lorelei Adams, I'm twenty-six, I'm a traveling journalist and I'm aquakinetic, so I can control water." Lorelei told them.

"So we're actually going to go around a circle and do this?" Quinn raised a brow.

"Yes, now who are you?" Lorelei asked her.

"Okay... I'm Quinn Atkinson, I'm twenty-three, I own a Skyzone just North of Manhattan, and I can control minds," she told them.

"Ooh, how trustworthy." Lexi said sarcastically.

"Says the girl who just held a knife to my throat and tried to kill me." Beatrice commented.

"Anyway, I guess I'll go next. My name is Raven Wells, I'm twenty-five, I'm a psychologist and I can shapeshift." Raven introduced herself.

"Oh great, we have a therapist for Atomic Blonde over there," Quinn joked, gesturing to Lexi.

"At least I won't have to trick men into sleeping with me," Lexi shot back.

"Bitch, you didn't." Quinn was about to come at her, but Raven stopped her before she could do anything.

"Okay, that's enough," Skylar stopped them, "I'm Skylar Edwards, I'm also twenty-five, I'm a brain surgeon and a bio-engineer, and I can regenerate fast. I can see things from miles and miles away, and I can find people using my mind." She told them.

"Okay, I guess I'll go. I'm Lexi Hart, I'm twenty-four, I'm a bartender and I used to be in the military, and I am an empath."

"Okay, a murderous empath? Now THAT'S funny!" Quinn laughed.

"Yeah, that is kinda funny," Tori joined in and laughed.

"Moving on, I'm Beatrice Spencer, but call me Tris. I love the divergent series. I'm a chemist and a physicist, I'm twenty-six, and I can teleport." Tris introduced herself.

"And my name is Victoria-Katherine Whiteson III, but just call me Tori. I'm nineteen, I'm the daughter of the designer clothing brand VK, and I have the power of invisibility."

"Looks like we have a young rich bitch, cool." Lexi's comment rolled off her tongue. Steve came back to the couch.

"So do you guys know who you are now?" He asked.

"Yeah, we do." Beatrice replied.

"Great, I'm Steve, that's Tony, Wanda, Sam, Bucky, Clint, Natasha and Vision. We're the Avengers. There are more of us, but the rest of us don't live in the tower. You will meet them one day," he told them.

"Cool. So, when do we get settled in?" Skylar asked.

"Today and tomorrow. Tomorrow, we'll take you guys shopping to buy what you need to live here. You're going to be trained to become the next Avengers. You'll each have a therapy session once a week, and once a month, you'll have a physical check-up with a doctor, okay?" Steve informed them.

"Sure, fine by us." Lorelei told them. The rest of the girls nodded, Lexi and Quinn very reluctantly with the whole therapy part of it. Steve nodded and walked away.

"So we're about to be apart of the finest dream team in the world, what could go wrong?" Raven joked. The girls giggled, sighed, and thought about it for a moment. Seven new female trainees in a tower with the most gorgeous and possibly dangerous people they'd ever seen? Yeah, what could go wrong in this situation, Raven?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125 24 22
Y/N and Brett (her best friend) are working together on a mission to extract Intel from Hydra. They fall into a trap with devastating consequences. D...
A New Hope By Mo

Fanfiction

133K 2.7K 20
She had never seen the outside world. Never seen the sun or felt the breeze. All she had ever known was the cold metal walls of the lab she had been...
14 0 12
A story of love between three people. When Bucky finds he and a Steve are being hunted as part of a SHIELD training programme things go wrong. A youn...
176K 5.2K 106
You're Y/N Anderson, a cop, with powers but nobody knows that. You don't want any of this 'super-hero life' what happens when you meet a certain red...