I Actually Married A Muslim!

By InkMonTima

************ "Why in the name of God are you dressed like that? Are you perhaps carrying a bomb or something... More

WAIT A SEC!
1:Meetings, Greetings, & 1st Impressions
2: Dating Ahmeds VS Dating Johns
3: You Get Married
4: Faith, Fate, and Fear.
5: Not Usually This Accident Prone!
6: Jenny Meets Sarah
7: Culture VS Religion
8: Sarah Saleh Weak Version
9: Build it, Then take it Down
10: Curiosity killed the cat
11: Purely Awkward ELectrons
12: Praying to the Wrong God
14: Zones & Islamophobes
15: Google Is No Fun
16: This is it.
17: Only Sarah
18:Satisfaction brought it back
19: Lower Your Gaze
20: You're her BROTHER??
21: Unexpected Reply
22: "What if" Headache

13: The True One

2K 172 22
By InkMonTima

Thanks to mehakmuskaankhan for the awesome covers! Love you lots!! 😘

Chapter 13 : The True One

"Adam?? Can you hear me??" A very familiar voice said, " No, just call 911...in case..."

"Sure!" A voice said

I couldn't see anything but gray. Everything sounded like I was sinking in a deep ocean and listening to people talk from a distant boat on the water.

"Adam, please be alright.. you're okay, you're alright..." I could hear her whisper the words. Her voice was so low. So low that I was probably the only one who heard her.

I wasn't even sure whether or not she knew I could hear her.

I tried to move my lips to ask her what's happening but everything felt too heavy and I really didn't feel like moving.

I could hear the sirens and sudden footsteps that stopped right next to me.

"Yes sir, vitals are..." She says , how come she sounds so knowledgeable about medical stuff?

"No sir I think it was a state of mental stupor, shock..then he fell into total unconsciousness. He hit the back of his head against the wall during the fall, not too hard to cause a concussion but...." I zoned out of the conversation as they started talking in medical terms that sounded completely foreign to me.  I felt hands on my back and legs as I was put on a stretcher.

"Please take care of him." She said quietly.

Why does she sound like she cares so much? She doesn't even see me as a friend!!

"Wait...Miss Saleh was it?" One of the paramedics calls after her.

"Call me Sarah."

"Sarah you have to come with us since you took the vitals and you were here when it happened..."

She must've nodded because we started moving and I could hear her behind me as I was loaded into the back of the ambulance.

And then the grayness turned to complete darkness and I sunk back into unconsciousness.

**************************

I jerked awake suddenly. Memories flooding my head.

Oh Gosh...I have to see Mom...mom...

My eyelids fluttered open and I sat up.

I winced as I sat up.  I could've sworn lightning just struck my head. It was throbbing.

"Woah there. Easy now!" I looked up to see a young doctor standing next to Sarah.

I frown.

Why was she standing with that doctor?

And then I remember how worried she sounded and...

Oh God I get jealous at the weirdest of times.

I must have it hard for her if I'm thinking of her with much more pressing matters at hand.

"Doc, I'm sorry but I have to get discharged. I have to go somewhere..." I said, pausing every now and then to catch my breath or to try to figure out how to remove the IV needles stuck in my wrist.

"In a second Mr White. You're alright, thankfully it was nothing that dangerous..." He moved towards me with a warm smile on his face.

"I'm doctor Kim by the way," he shook my hand firmly, "I'll prescribe some painkillers since you'll probably get bad headaches for the next few days..."

I nod.

"But if you get symptoms like blackouts, fuzziness in vision, altered hearing, or anything abnormal, you'll have to drop by for a check up." His voice was serious, showing me the gravity of the situation.

The nurse removed the IV needles and helped me get up.

As I'm about to leave doctor Kim calls after me, "by the way, you should thank your coworker Saleh. thanks to her your situation didn't get too vital."

"Yes sir." I give him one final hand shake before dialing dad's.

"Son, are you okay?!" His voice is worried and nervous.

"Yes yes Dad..what hospital is mom in?"

I felt sorry for worrying dad so much. First it was mom and now me.

"Alright it's..."

Wonders never cease . The hospital mom is in is the same one I'm in right now.

"Room 302 Adam..."

I half walked half ran towards the front desk as I asked for room 302.

"Mom!" My voice was a notch louder as I barged in.

"Hello Adam!" Her face lit up a little.

"Are you okay mom? How are you feeling? What ---"

"Don't give me none of that nonsense!!" She cuts me off.

"Huh?"

"I'm alright, Adam, your dad probably made a big deal out of it but..."

"But...?" I echo.

"The diagnosis isn't even for sure yet Adam... the probability of it being Wrong is quite high..." She pauses, "We're waiting for the results..."

"For real mom?" I let out a sigh, "this is...the best thing I heard today!!"

"Let's just sit and pray son..."

Pray? To whom? Jesus or Allah? Or is there some other God out there?

Why am I even having this doubt inside me? I'm Christian, I obviously pray to Jesus!!

God... I don't even know if you're Jesus or Allah...but please God , you're The One who created the universe... God , just let mom be fine...

But did I not ask for a sign? Proof this was the truth?

Oh Allah, please allow my mom to be alright.

I muttered the prayer under my breathe at the same time a doctor came in.

I didn't miss the fact that she was wearing a floral sky blue hijab. She must've been Muslim too.

"Good news Mrs White!" She says cheerfully, "You do have a tumor but it's not a cancerous tumor...!"

Her smile lit up the whole room.

"Then what doctor Smith said...?" Dad asked.

"Doctor Smith was Wrong, Mr. White." She says, "she only has a small non-cancerous tumor that can easily be removed by a simple surgery..."

The Doctor then proceeded to explain the surgery and discuss the consent and date.

I walked to Mom and hugged her tightly.

"I thought I'd lose you forever mom..." I whispered.

"Not denying that I might have thought the same Adam..." She says, "but I'm here thank God..."

Yes. Thank God.

My heart suddenly fills up with an unknown warmth and I just feel that I-want-to-laugh-out-loud happiness.

The God I just prayed to saved mom. The God I just prayed to is the only true one.
______________________
Minor Edits on 2/17/24

What do you think will happen next?

Huh wasn't this update scheduled for May 29? Guess not! Gotta love early updates!

You don't have to, but your comments and votes really light up my heart💓

[ Muslim Fact of the day (MFD) ] :

Women are not oppressed in Islam. Any Muslim man that oppresses a woman is not following Islam. Among the many teachings of Muhammad that protected the rights and dignity of women is his saying, "...the best among you are those who treat their wives well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.5K 13
Her heart was beating so fast and her stomach ached so bad. She knew this was it, this was her fate being sealed. " Zhulfah Bint Ilyas? " It would be...
83.6K 4.6K 37
Ever had a crush? Ever been in love? Of course Yes. Read this story and I bet you will adore it(hope so) Imagine you in the place of...
2K 283 35
Life in USA was great for Miskiyyah and her family. She and her siblings, Dhikratullah and Dhikrullah(twins) was born over there. Work brought her pa...
2.5K 257 31
"Noor Ayn," Hassan began, his gaze intense as he looked at me with a soft expression, "Have you ever wondered why I called you that? It's not a mere...