Who I Am (Infinite x Reader)

By Shaye_Serena

You were always the quiet one, but it turned into something worse after the war began. You had lost everythin... More

Chapter 2 ~ Space Port
Chapter 3 ~ Gamma
Chapter 4 ~ Search Party
Chapter 5 ~ Lost and Found
Chapter 6 ~ Back in Action
Chapter 7 ~ Witness's Memory
Chapter 8 ~ Pulsing Ruby
Chapter 9 ~ The Fakes
Chapter 10 ~ Metropolis
Chapter 11 ~ Fear and Pain
Chapter 12 ~ The Metal Copy
Chapter 13 ~ Files
Chapter 14 ~ Fair Fight
Chapter 15 ~ Our Hell
Chapter 16 ~ Second Round
Chapter 17 ~ Memories
Chapter 18 ~ Lesson
Chapter 19 ~ Cracked Code
Chapter 20 ~ It Begins
Chapter 21 ~ Null Space
Chapter 22 ~ Death Comes
Chapter 23 ~ Ultimate Sacrifice
Chapter 24 ~ Regret
Chapter 25 ~ Denial
Chapter 26 ~ Another Fight
Chapter 27 ~ Lost Control
Chapter 28 ~ Drowning
Chapter 29 ~ Mistake
Chapter 30 ~ What Could Have Been
Chapter 31 ~ Monster
Chapter 32 ~ Lost Hope
Chapter 33 ~ Split
Chapter 34 ~ Fleeting
Chapter 35 ~ Phantom
Chapter 36 ~ Disband
Chapter 37 ~ Goodbye
Chapter 38 ~ Crimson
Chapter 39 ~ Repentant
Chapter 40 ~ Stirring
Chapter 41 ~ Self Loathe
Chapter 42 ~ Reel
Chapter 43 ~ Questioning
Chapter 44 ~ A Vow
Chapter 45 ~ Dyspnea
RIP Laptop
Chapter 46 ~ Panic
Chapter 47 ~ Procedure

Chapter 1 ~ Mission Briefing

14.4K 197 716
By Shaye_Serena

Prologue...

It has been 6 months. In that small amount of time, the world had crumbled at Robotnik's feet. All because he had a new plan, and, for once, it worked. He had been able to recruit Shadow, Zavok, Metal Sonic and Chaos.

   With them on his side, the world was bound to fall quickly. Becoming a force to be reckoned with. How, and why some of them had pledged their loyalty to Robotnik is still a mystery.

   But there is a new face, one that has never been seen on the side of evil. A strange Mobian with a terrifying mask took down Sonic. He is the one who had truly turned the tides of the war. Killing thousands without hesitation. Few ever lived to tell the tale of his merciless violence. But everyone knew that if you cross him, you will die.

   Everyone feared him.

...

"Eggman's army is unstoppable!" Vector exclaims as he barges into the room. A hand on the side of his head, eyes exhausted from war, although only a few scratches and bruises remained on his scales from the last battle.

   Everyone turned to face him, interrupting what they were doing to listen to Vector, waiting for him to make his point. "Without Sonic, the people are losing hope and giving into despair." Vector crossed his arms, shaking his head as his eyes lowered. Seemingly giving into despair himself.

   Silver's golden eyes hardened as he crossed his own arms. "Despair is a luxury we don't have," he says. It was true. War means that if you don't harden, you will be crushed and left behind. If you don't put up a fight, you will die in your first one.

   "I still dream Sonic's with us..." Amy mumbles. Holding a gloved hand over her heart, her eyes closed in sadness. "Do you think he might be..." her drained eyes opened. Looking into the distance, but not quite fixating on anything. Amy hasn't been the same since what happened to Sonic. Not as cheerful. She has barely been in the field since. War takes many things, and it changes people. But there is a difference between hope and delusions.

   Tails had seen what happened to Sonic. Even if Tails had lied about what he said, Sonic wouldn't have let the war get this bad. He would not have let Eggman take all those souls...

   "I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist," Silver states, hooking a thumb at his heart. His nice way of saying that it was impossible that Sonic was alive. "Sonic is gone. And Tails... he's... just lost it. If we're going to win, we will have to do it without them."

   "Silver is right," Espio's smooth, deep voice cuts in. "We've been hoping for a miracle for these last six months," he says, laying down his hands on the metal table everyone surrounded. "I'm afraid we must make our own miracle."

   A silence fell over everyone. Taking in what they needed to do. Miracles were rare, but they happen. But miracles can't happen if you're dead.

   "Eggman's army has everybody terrified. If we are going to rally the people, we have to prove to them that strength doesn't only come in numbers." Silver insists, holding up a fist.

   Everyone's eyes re-hardened. All but Charmy, who was surprisingly quiet the whole time, had spoken up. "Not everyone is terrified. Isn't a new recruit joining us today?" he asks, trying to lift the mood with his happy aura.

   "Yes," Silver nods, "a survivor from the city, right?"

   Amy was the first to respond. Opening the lid of her laptop, pressing a few keys to turn on the large screen on the wall. "I'm accessing the file now."

   Charmy, Espio, Silver and Vector turned to face the screen on the back wall, while Amy read from her laptop. They all stared, waiting patiently as the picture and information loaded.

Name: (To be determined...)

Gender: Female

Age: (To be determined...)

Species: (F/S)

Fur Colour: (F/C)

Eyes: (E/C)

Skin: (S/C)

Summary and Notes: I had been leading a patrol in the city, looking for survivors with Tactical Team Tango. We had been searching the buildings, and we found her there. On the verge of passing out, with several (non-life threatening) injuries. She had wounds that had healed from, what might be weeks of no treatment. Which makes us question how long she was out there for.

She had seemed threatened when she first saw us, clearly not recognizing that we were the Resistance. Acting erratic, violent, and scared. Again, how long was she out in the city for? Long enough to be unable to know who is on your side.

Once we had made it clear that we were no threat, we had found her dog tags, it was damaged from what we believe were explosions and fire. Her name was blacked out, but it had identification for Strike Team Gamma. A team made up of 12 members that were sent into the city over 5 months ago to eliminate threats and evacuate civilians. Unfortunately, they were eradicated in the process. She may have been in the city since Gamma was deployed.

In the few days I've been with her, she hasn't said a word, only nodding, gesturing, etc. Doctors have investigated, they say the hits she has taken aren't enough to make her silence physical. (Continue to monitor closely...)

At the mention of "the masked one", she becomes tense, looking around the room. Suggesting she had a first-hand encounter with them. (To be determined...)

Shows signs of aggression at supposedly random times. Growling, glaring, teeth baring, etc. Should be temporary, due to traumatic experiences. Or perhaps she has certain "triggers", like some soldiers do. (Continue to monitor...)

She always keeps a (S/F/C) bandana with her, perhaps for emotional comfort.

Has skills in marksmanship, as well as close range. Seeming expanded knowledge of first-aid. And she has possible intel we need.

P.S.

I know some of you aren't happy about the lack of information. But when I asked her to join, she agreed. She knew the risks she was taking.

I personally want to help her on her journey to find her voice again. I hope you feel the same.

Sincerely, Gunnery Sergeant Knuckles

  There was a long silence as everyone read the screen. Judging by how long it was, everyone had to have finished reading the file. No one knew what to say. There was nothing to say.

   Charmy's mouth opened, about to talk. Before he could get the words out, the metal doors opened. A red figure stepped through, back straight, shoulders strong. Giving off an authoritative aura.

   "Knuckles!" Silver jumped, happy at the sight of his chief officer. Most were glad when you see someone you know. In war, anyone can disappear in the blink of an eye. "What's the sit-rep, Commander?"

   "Happy to see you're all still alive," Knuckles replies, scanning the room and everyone's faces. His gaze eventually fell on the screen on the wall. You could tell that he knew what it was the moment his eyes fell on it.

   That was the only moment he could see it. The screen went black as the information was cleared. Knuckles gaze shifted to Amy. Her fingers were still hovering above the keys.

   "I trust you read the full report," he advised, still looking at Amy, but addressing everyone. Amy nodded once. Knuckles nodded back.

   "Eggman's forces have chewed through our defenses at green hill," he continued, passing over the tense, awkward atmosphere. "The Resistance in the city are reporting that what ever it is that finished Sonic..." Knuckles knew he hit a nerve when he saw the faces of his fellow soldiers. Everyone's eyes went downcast, or their heads lowered. Amy and Charmy especially. Charmy was the youngest here, he still isn't quite used to the nature of war, especially the losses that follow. And Amy has been chasing after Sonic for years.

   "Sorry." Knuckles apologized, glancing to the floor for just a second. He quickly looked back up, trying to keep up his tough persona. He knew that Sonic was a sensitive subject and tries to not bring it up. When he does, it's only because it's about the matter at hand, or he is trying to help the team cope with the fact that Sonic is gone. Nothing can bring him back.

   With Knuckles' hard exterior people sometimes forget that he lost his best friend too.

   "I'm... still not used to saying that," he mumbled before putting a hard face back on. "Whatever that thing in the city have our people running in fear. All except for this brave kid."

   The metal doors opened once again as Knuckles turned, almost on cue. Revealing a (F/C) (F/S), her eyes downcast. A (S/F/C) bandana was wrapped around her neck, almost pulled up to her mouth.

   She seemed thin, not a healthy kind of thin. Malnourished. Probably from the time she had spent fighting in the city. But there were still clear signs of muscle.

   She stepped inside, making eye contact with no one as she stood next to the Commander.

   "She survived the battle and made it here in one piece. Meet our newest recruit."

   Knuckles gave a pat on the (F/S)'s back, making her stumble forward. No one was sure if it was surprise or Knuckles strength. He didn't apologize. She let out a low, annoyed growl before straightening her back.

   Charmy floated next to her, examining her up and down, a finger on his chin as he processed the new member. "Hmm..." he pondered as her (E/C) eyes stared back. "Doesn't look like much..." he mumbled.

   She returned Charmy's comment with a glare. Clearly taking what he said seriously. Charmy can blurt out things before realizing that it might hurt someone's feelings. He often speaks his mind when he's around friends. Usually no one takes it to heart since they knew Charmy meant well. Strangers would likely not have the same reaction.

   Knuckles noticed the (F/S)'s reaction and acted. Trying to stop a possible argument. "Neither do you, Charmy but I still find a use for your pointy butt!"

   Charmy nervously scratched his head, quietly laughing. Realizing what he had just blurted should have been in his head.

   The new girl looked between the two of them, somewhat confused, trying to figure out if this is how they normally talk to each other. Charmy stared awkwardly at the (F/S), a little bit scared to look away from their eye contact.

   Knuckles walked over to a large shelf in the corner. Several weapons ranging from guns, to Wispons to knives. He grabbed a Burst Wispon from the third shelf, just able to reach. He walked back over to the (F/S) and held out the weapon.

   "Here, kid, we're depending on you."

   The girl looked down at the red flamethrower, taking a deep breath she took it from Knuckles extended arms. Her mouth opened, almost like she was going to protest. But she closed it. Making Charmy's hopeful face spoil, disappointed that she didn't say anything. Even though he just met her, he is already eager to hear a word come from her direction.

   "Okay, let's get to work everyone. The world isn't going to save itself!" Knuckles announces, making everyone raise a fist into the air, letting out hushed versions of their battle cries.

   Hyping themselves up was a way they motivate themselves before every mission. It's a tradition for the Resistance. Everyone joined in. All except two, Espio and the newcomer.

   Espio doesn't like to yell like everyone else, preferring silence until needing to speak, like the ninja he is. He tilted his head as he looked at the recruit in the corner of his eye. Her eye twitched, almost like everyone's cries of victory had hurt her ears. Or it caught her off guard.

   Her eye caught Espio's gaze, she stared back for a moment, then looked away. Espio did the same. But not before she pulled up her (S/F/C) bandana over her face and walked over to the corner of the room and sat on the ground, within the shroud of the supply crates in the corner.

   The (F/S) sat in the shadows, tracing her finger of the designs of the weapon. Wondering who or what would be burned by its flames first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 97 20
Set in another world. A world where Eggman and Infinite have been taking over cities; left right and centre. Using continuous bombing runs from Eggma...
30.7K 1.1K 13
When Metal is sent on a mission to steal two chaos emeralds from Shadow and Sonic, he's not expecting them to use the power of them against him. Even...
9K 364 9
A spunky new jackal has joined the crew. (Y/N) is excited to be joining the famous Jackal Squad and fighting against the heroes of Mobius. At first...
5.6K 95 19
This is the tale of how Sonic's world had begun to crumble. Without their heroic hero, the blue blur, the citizens of Mobius were left in the dust. T...