Seeing Blind

By aismovingalong

"You're more blind now then you were before." More

{Introduction}
1| Burst Your Bubble.
2| The Girl With The Pretty Voice.
3| It's A Thing.
4| The Everything.
5| Fucking Amazing.
6| So Beautiful.
7| Try Hard.
8| Mega Date.
9| Rockstar.
10| Lets Talk About Sex.
11| As Much Passion As The First Time.
12| Friday Night.
13| A Blind Boy Ice Skating.
14| Moment That Could Last A Lifetime.
15| Adorable.
16| A Family Gathering.
17| The Sky Is Everywhere.
18| Expecting.
19| Broken Love.
20| Cute Relationship shit.
21| Swimming Trunks And Ice Lollies.
22| I Look Hot When I Smoke.
23| Ocean Eyes.
25| The Blind Bachelor.
26| Andre and Isla.
27| The Beach House.
28| A Mistake At The Club.
29| Colourful Emotions.
30| Just Married.
31 | Morning Antics.
32| Real.
33| Something Pretty Spectacular.
34| The Blind Boy's Bear.
35| Manly Enough?
36| Turner Falls.
37| Seeing Real.
38| Extra Small.
39| Love Bites.
40| Pretty Girl.
41| Jealousy.
42| Hand-in-hand.
43| She Was The One.
44| James Fucking Toronto.
45| Maybe.
46 | Definitely | Epilogue.

24| Mixtape 1; Acoustic.

2.3K 63 55
By aismovingalong

SEEING BLIND

24|Mixtape 1; Acoustic.

Annie had spent the first two days of the holiday with her parents; day one with her father- who took her to a car show to introduce her to the new McCain industries car. Day two (today) with her mother, spending hundreds, thousands of dollars on clothes and shoes and accessories, talking about the new clothing line Victoria is releasing this summer.

"Also, your father and I have decided to go to Switzerland for two weeks but-" Victoria started, five shopping bags in one hand and another three in the other. "We were thinking that you and a few friends could do a road trip to the beach house or something?"

Annie's eyes widened, of course her parents were going away but she wasn't expecting them to be so open minded about her leaving too.

Once arriving home Victoria and Samuel sat their sweet little daughter down and talked to her about the Do's and Don'ts of travelling.

DO'S:
•Drive safely and always at the speed limit.
•Have fun.

DON'TS:
•Talk to strangers
•allow strangers in the car/get into a stranger's car.
•NEVER fall asleep at the wheel, always stay in a hotel.
•No excessive alcohol drinking
•When drinking, always have at least one sober friend.
•No wearing clothes that will get destroyed and/or are provocative.
•NO SEX WITH LUKE. OR ANYONE. (A rule Samuel stated several times during the intervention).
•No drugs.
•No major parties at the beach house

Annie noticed she wasn't going to have much freedom on this trip if she stuck to her parent's rules, yet she had never done something so risky as break them. Luke would probably bring out the worst in her no doubts, and by then she won't be feeling any type of guilt.

After Samuel's never-ending speech, Annie excused herself to go to Luke's and tell him the good news. She wasn't actually sure if his parents would allow him to go or if he wanted to go at all.

Because of her painful period making an unexpected and unplanned entrance to her day, Annie decided against doing something hyperactive with Luke to tell him the great news. That and the rain hadn't stopped since last night, soaking into the ground and making Annie's gardener very upset.

She did, however, want to surprise Luke, because surprises were one of her favourite things to do. She loved the reaction of their face when they see what Annie has done for them; granted that this time it would result in Annie having to tell Luke what she had done.

Carefully driving her car to Luke's house a few minutes down the road, she ran to the door in attempt to stay as dry as possible. Jane opened the door, ushering the girl in and smiling sweetly, something surprising Annie in an entertaining way.

She also stated that she had some cookies in the oven for the both of them to share as they will presumably spend the day inside. Annie told her the plans, causing Jane to tell the girl how much she appreciated everything she was doing for her once helpless son.

Waddling upstairs she saw Luke sat on his beanbag listening to music, only one headphone in as he tapped his finger along to the beat. Annie stepped inside, leaning down next to Luke on the bean bag and kissing his cheek.

"Hey beautiful," he smirked, unplugging his headphones and putting his phone on the floor. He lifted her up and onto his lap, smiling into her side as he squeezed her body.

"I have a surprise for you," Annie beamed, watching as Luke's eyebrows rose and his smile widened. They both stood up, hand in hand as Annie led them downstairs. She whispered to Jane what her plan was and was given a batch of the freshly baked cookies.

Annie tugged on Luke's jumper, flicking his hood up for him as she unlocked her car from the doorway. Dragging him outside, they ran to the car and into the boot, which was covered in pillows and blankets and some old fairy lights Annie found in her garage.

Her father had a garage full to the brim with sports cars and SUVS and other cars Annie doesn't know the name of. Even the slight mention of her cars Luke would get excited and start asking questions she didn't know the answer to.

"So, where are we?" Luke chuckled, patting at the duvet below them and pillows behind him.

"In the boot of a car." Annie giggled, pulling herself closer to him by the fabric of his shirt. She closed the boot door, licking her lips as she pulled the duvet over the both of them.

Luke laughed before wrapping his arms around her body, tugging her closer and allowing her head to rest on his lap.

A silence settled in the atmosphere around them, the tipping and clattering of rain on metal being the only symphony heard. For Annie, it was peaceful, calming, a lullaby almost. For Luke; it was the ominous drop in a cave, a shiver of uncertainty when walking the street alone, a loud bang heard in the middle of the night.

Luke wasn't scared of the rain, he wasn't an idiot, he was scared of the aftermath, the uncomfortable and cold and helpless. His doctor referred to his problem like the rain; terrifying, powerful and never ending. Luke thought it was stupid at first; rain wasn't scary, it wasn't that powerful, it did end.

Yet, ever since that appointment, his last appointment, whenever it rained this was all that Luke thought about. Until now, where he was thinking about the delicate girl in his lap. The sweet darling who was running her nails up and down his arm, cocooned in duvets and warmth as they shared this memorable scene.

"What's the surprise?" Luke remembered, shuffling down so his feet touched the end of the boot, his legs curling up and moulding around Annie's. Their heads parallel, their smiles symmetrical, their hearts in sync.

"Well," Annie began, tugging the duvet over both of their shoulders and embracing the warm, fatigue filled air around them. "My parents are going away again in a few days," She sighed, her voice barely a whisper, the space around them too acoustic for any heavy-metal noise to disturb the relaxation between them. "And my mum suggested we go on a road trip, we could invite Ashton, Calum & Sophie, maybe even Michael."

Luke's eyes opened, scanning the empty tunnel to try and find the light at the end, to find the air in the water and the gravity in the sky, to find her. Fingers trickled along his jaw, underneath his pearly eyes and tugging at his heart.

"We don't have to, its completely up to you." Annie informed, kissing his cheek as she intertwined their fingers.

"I'd have to ask-" Luke started, unsure of his mother's reaction and whether or not she'd allow him to go. Then he remembered that he was 18 now, he was an adult and he could do whatever he wanted. He wanted to travel with Annie. "I'd love to, sounds like so much fun. D'you really want me to come though, I'd probably be-"

"I wouldn't go if you didn't. I promise we'll have such a good time, I'll take care of you too." She giggled, resting her head underneath his as she pecked his Adam's apple.

Momentarily, Annie wiggled out of Luke's grip and crawled to the front of the car, turning on the radio and playing IndieFM, the song 'Leave A light On (acoustic)-Tom Walker' came on. Squirming back, she wrapped herself in the puffy duvet and Luke's arms, smiling when he began to hum along to the melody of guitar and rain.

"Baby?" Luke whispered, leaning his head down and nuzzling his nose into her hair. She smelled like lavender, which Luke would associate with his grandparents' home as his nana was obsessed with flowers and herbs, an odd addiction which he was forbidden to ask about, though he didn't have any interest in doing so anyway.

A smirk grew on Annie's lips at the sound of the pet name leaving Luke's lips, turning around so her body was facing his, her forehead resting against his stomach. "Mmhmm?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to call you baby." He shrugged, his eyes crinkling and dimples sinking as he felt Annie's body vibrate.

Annie sat up, hands flat on his cheeks as she pecked his lips, smiling with him at his charming ways. She shuffled onto his lap, keeping the duvet around her back like a cape as Luke was engulfed with the pillows below him.

"You wanna know the worst thing about being blind?" Luke paused, pulling his head back from their kiss and grazing her cheeks with his rough thumbs. He combed her hair back, untangling a knot she forgot to brush out as he waited.

"You don't have to tell me," She stuttered out, shaking her head and resting her hands on his chest. She knew that was something he preferred to keep to himself, regarding the not-so-subtle remarks and jokes he made.

"The worst thing about being blind," he repeated, sitting up and keeping Annie in his lap with his hands flat on her back. "Is I'll have no idea what you look like when I tell you..." he pressed his nose against her, licking his lips, "I love you."

Annie's chest expanded to one million miles wide, and every inch was owned by Luke, the boy she loved. 'Secrets-one republic' started to play and Annie loved it, she loved the rain and the cold and her boyfriend, she loved the world and everything in it. She pressed her lips on his, pressing so hard she was afraid she might hurt him, so much passion consumed her that explosions and fireworks were nothing to compare.

"I love you too," she giggled, her smile as wide as Luke's and he flipped them over and kissed all over her face, mumbling how happy he was in this moment right now as they shared the love between them.

-

After Luke's confession and a very heated make-out (and nothing more) they lay together, panting and in love, listening to music and enjoying the moment. When the distant sound of thunder awoke the two from their affectionate haze, they decided time was too fast and they should get back to reality.

12:57am; Luke had just finished telling Ashton how wonderful his day had been, and Ashton was just so 'happy' for him. It's not that Ashton didn't want Luke to be happy, he just missed Rosie, and he also despised her still.

"Hey Ashton, can you help me with something?" Luke asked, eating the last of the pizza they had ordered. Luke's parents had gone out on their date night, and they weren't going to back until tomorrow as they decided to stay at a hotel.

"Sure, what's up?"

"I want to make Annie a mixtape, I think I've got an empty CD over there." He started, pointing to where he assumed his albums were next to his guitar.

3:49am; it was still raining. Luke was soaked to the bone as he waited at Annie's door, Ashton starting to wonder back to his car as the door finally opened. Luke had to call Annie three times to get her to answer, but when she did panic was the only thing evident in her voice.

Annie swung the door open, watching as water dripped from every curl in Luke's hair. She glanced behind him to see Ashton slipping into his car, smiling broken-heartedly as he waved to Annie, who waved back with guilt in her skin. She wanted to offer him one of the spare bedrooms and save him an unsafe drive home but he was already gone, regretting letting go of his love and wishing the stars would give him someone equally as perfect as Rosie, the girl he despised.

She grabbed Luke's arm and pulled him inside and out of the rain, silently taking him upstairs and into her bedroom. She rummaged for clothes he could wear and waited outside of the room whilst he got changed, coming in a little too early and catching him shirtless, not that she was complaining.

"So, uh, why're you here?" Annie chuckled, seeing the small album case in his hand.

"I made you a mixtape, a chill one Y'know, like acoustic and other stuff." Luke rubbed the back of his neck, swallowing as he held the album out, feeling her fingers graze his own.

Annie saw the scruffy, barely readable writing and looked up in shock, her eyes stinging with how much she adored this boy. "Did you write it?"

"Yeah, sorry if you can't read it, I just wanted it to be from me, Y'know? Ashton helped me out with downloading the songs and everything." Annie noticed when Luke was nervous, he would say 'Y'know' a lot, which she found rather adorable.

"I can, I love it, thank you." She whispered, reading the cover of the case and smiling to herself, before flipping the album over and seeing the songs.

Annie
Mixtape 1; Acoustic
July 4th 2018
The day I said I love you.

______

1.Give me love - Ed Sheeran
2.Secrets - One Republic
3.Noah - Amber Run
4.Better Off Alone - Grinspoon
5.Leave A Light On (acoustic) - Tom Walker
6.Leave - Post Malone
7.I Fall Apart - Post Malone
8.Feeling Whitney - Post Malone
9.Happier (acoustic) - Ed Sheeran
10.Skinny love - Bon Iver
11.Ava - Famy
12.Bite My Tongue (Acoustic) - The Beach
13.Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
14. Flaws - Take That
15.I Found - Amer Run
16.Breathe Me - SIA
17.Not Today - Imagine Dragons
18.Unsteady - X Ambassadors
19.Call You Home (acoustic) - Kevin Jones
20.Nothing - The Script

*

Hello! This is my longest wait for an update yet and you have no idea how sorry i am.
Revision is priority 1 and i still have one more week of tests to go. After that though everything should be back to normal!
My upload schedule should go back to Wednesdays and Sundays (loosely)
I know this is out on a Saturday but you guys have waited long enough
Thank you so so much for being patient
I love you all for voting, commenting and reading!

The song Secrets is above so please listen while reading if you can, it inspired this chapter!
LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU
A XXXXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 615 23
"Your temper's just as bad as mine is. You're the same as me. When it comes to love you're just as blinded."
9.5K 413 39
"You've said it before, you would rather something worse than want me." I murmur back, it felt so good. Not him, the feeling. Don't laugh. "I have, h...
64.2K 2.1K 18
We were married yesterday and will divorce tomorrow because we didn't love each other today...
3.5K 39 26
- Love at first sight.