Twice The Trouble

By DenielleAbolencia

Meet the Sta. Ana Sisters: Sophia is labeled as the Goody two shoes-Twin. She lives by the rules in and out o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Twins
Chapter 2: Two Non-Royal Princesses
Chapter 3: A Blind Date
Chapter 4: Starting College
Chapter 5: Foes and Friends
Chapter 6: Broken Hearts
Chapter 7: Sophia Meets A Twin
Chapter 8: Stacy Meets A Twin
Chapter 9: More Rivals
Chapter 10: The Realization
Chapter 11: A New Friend
Chapter 12: Orion's Goddess
Chapter 13: Soul Sisters
Chapter 14: Stacy's Heartbeat
Chapter 15: Sweeter Than Candy
Chapter 16: Liam's Fall
Chapter 17: She Broke Him
Chapter 18: Sibling & Therapist
Chapter 19: Give Up, Liam
Chapter 20: Tears of a Duchess
Chapter 21: Falling For Lucas
Chapter 22: Sophia's Secret
Chapter 23: Stacy's Denial
Chapter 24: The Cold Twin
Chapter 25: The Favor
Chapter 26: Lunchtime Drama
Chapter 27: The Tiff
Chapter 28: Invisible Envy
Chapter 29: Serious Stacy
Chapter 30: Love is Fire
Chapter 31: Falling
Chapter 32: The Author
Chapter 33: A Martyr
Chapter 34: Clarification
Chapter 35: Text Buddies
Chapter 36: An Old Flame
Chapter 37: Stacy's Past
Chapter 38: Falling Harder
Chapter 39: Reliable
Chapter 40: Just A Crush
Chapter 41: The Helper
Chapter 42: Not A Date
Chapter 43: About Stacy
Chapter 44: Into Pieces
Chapter 46: Circumstances
Chapter 47: The Return
Chapter 48: Chained Heart
Chapter 49: The Rage
Chapter 50: War and Peace
Chapter 51: Why Me?
Chapter 52: Wrong Name
Chapter 53: Yearning
Chapter 54: Mr. & Mrs.
Chapter 55: Married
Chapter 56: Partners in Crime
Chapter 57: Chained
Chapter 58: Transition
Chapter 59: Onward
Chapter 60: Doubts
Chapter 61: Hints
Chapter 62: Call It Fate
Chapter 63: Kismet or Destiny?
Chapter 64: Warm Hearts
Chapter 65: Girl Called S
Chapter 66: Love Hurts
Chapter 67: Sophia's Denial
Chapter 68: A Flicker
Chapter 69: The Cage
Chapter 70: Pain
Chapter 71: Official
Chapter 72: Ships
Chapter 73: She's a Model
Chapter 74: A Pink Flower
Chapter 75: The Ex-Boyfriend
Chapter 76: Undefined Status
Chapter 77: Tarnished
Chapter 78: Dead End
Chapter 79: Who Did It?
Chapter 80: Stacy Finds Out
Chapter 81: Confrontation
Chapter 82: Heat
Chapter 83: Dancing Hearts
Chapter 84: Worry
Chapter 85: Reluctance
Chapter 86: Closer
Chapter 87: Unbearable
Chapter 88: Almost
Chapter 89: Bad Feelings
Chapter 90: The Revelation
Chapter 91: Sophia's Fury
Chapter 92: Sick Sophia
Chapter 93: Another Revelation
Chapter 94: Stacy's Abduction
Chapter 95: On The Way
Chapter 96: Rush
Chapter 97: Rescued
Chapter 98: Pain and Tears
Chapter 99: Chance Meeting
Chapter 100: A Miracle
Chapter 101: Hope vs. Fear
Final Chapter: Goodbyes
5 Months Later: Part One
5 Months Later: Part Two
Bonus Chapter: How It Started
Special Chapter: Before It All began

Chapter 45: Sophia's Past

15 0 0
By DenielleAbolencia

Sophia

*Flashback Two Years Ago*

Dale Cruz was the only transfer student that year, and he was a high school junior like myself.

Being the new kid, he was unfamiliar with everywhere and everyone, so I initiated a talk with him when he was scouring the hallway for his locker number.

As the student body president, I knew who owned which locker, and only one could be his.

"Good Morning," I called out to him as I stood by a row of green lockers, particularly his locker.

Dale--with his ebony-colored hair running down his nape and a pair of hazel green eyes--was nonplussed by my greeting and he stared at me while pointing to himself.

"Good.. morning?" he tentatively replied, lowering his arm to his side.

I flashed him a warm smile before I patted on his green locker---locker no. 242.

He raced his eyes over the paper in his hand before his face clicked with comprehension.

"Welcome to Pines Academy," I told him in a cheerful tone as I watched him approach me.

His locker, to be specific.

"Thanks," he said to me as he pulled open his locker with ease. "Is it that obvious I'm new here?"

I grinned at him. "Not a lot of Filipinos have green eyes."

The black-haired teenager began to arrange some of his textbooks inside his locker.

"Hmm, I suppose not," he mused, slapping a palm over his green locker. He smiled at me.

"How old are you?" I blurted out.

Dale squinted at me. "Sixteen. Why?"

"You don't look sixteen," I remarked.

He laughed. "I'm often told I look fifty."

"Is that so?" I joined in his laughter, and what came next was a wonderful friendship.

A friendship I never thought I would lose by falling in love with him.

It was the little things at first: An affectionate pat on the shoulder, a playful arm nudge. Then, whenever our teachers told us to pair up for a project or activity, he would always look my way.

We would always meet up for lunch, study for tests and quizzes in a vacant classroom, and everyday, he would greet me by the school entrance, then walk me to our first class.

One day, during our Senior Year--our last year in high school--Dale asked me to tutor him since a few of his grades were dropping, and I willingly complied to his request.

"Pie!" That was the moniker he gave me. Pie, short for Sophia.

I spun around and was engulfed in Dale's tight embrace. A deep red blush invaded my cheeks.

"Dale, what---"

"I did it, I passed! And it's all thanks to you," he gratefully told me.

Not wanting him to see my blushing face, I wrapped my arms around him, returning his hug.

"I knew you could do it," I said to him.

He pulled away and planted a kiss on my cheek. "Thanks, Pie."

"Y-you're welcome," I stammered, praying he wouldn't notice my reddened ears.

I was too blinded by my love for him that I overlooked his flaws and made excuses for others.

After that day he pecked my cheek, he started to change. Or perhaps they were his true colors.

He began to avoid me in class, give me feeble alibis during lunchtime, and I no longer saw him standing by the school gates, waiting for me.

The rare moments Dale did spend with me, he asked me for favors--I did his assignments, wrote his papers, and compiled reviewers for him. He treated me less of a friend and more of a slave.

Two days before high school graduation, I decided to confront him about his strange behavior.

I saw Dale walk into the boys' bathroom with a couple of his buddies, so I opted to wait for him.

The white door was left ajar by someone, and without planning to, I eavesdropped on their conversation, catching bits and snippets of their teenage-guy talk through the small gap.

"...You and that Sophia chick are pretty close,huh?" Male #1 asked.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I gasped upon hearing Dale's harsh tone.

A third voice piped up: "We've been curious about the two of you. Is she your girl now?"

"Of course not," I heard Dale answer. I knew he was right but it still hurt. It still stung.

Male #1 spoke again: "Haven't you noticed how she's head over heels for you, man?"

"It's so fucking obvious," Male #3 agreed. I heard someone turn off a faucet.

"Look," I heard Dale's voice. "She's only a friend. I don't even need her anymore."

I felt my hands tremble and my knees go weak. Everything became so blurry and watery.

Male #1 asked him: "What do you mean, bro?"

"I was just using her so I could get high marks," I heard Dale answer. "I'm good now."

No,you're not! I wanted to yell at him. He was bad--he was the worst. And I hated him.

I removed my oval glasses from my face and used the back of my hand to wipe off my tears.

He used me? I was just a pawn to him all this time?

Male #3 let out a low whistle. "That's cold, man."

I heard Dale's familiar sigh. "Whatever ,dude. My parents threatened to disown me if I failed to graduate from high school, so I had to take drastic measures."

Before I could hear any more of his hurtful words, I broke into a run, sprinting out of the school and hailing a jeep home, where I cried myself to sleep that night.

It was only after we received our diplomas on Graduation Day did I muster the nerve to confront him for real this time.

"Dale," I called out to him as I approached him in an isolated hallway.

We were both still dressed in a white cap and white and green ceremonial toga.

The tall, black-haired graduate stiffened when he saw me. He looked ready to escape.

He remained silent.

"Was it really all a lie? From the start?" I tearfully asked him. "Everything you said.. everything you did..." My bottom lip quivered. "..all of it?" I finished with a tremor in my voice.

"It's your fault for being tricked," Dale told me. "I mean, how desperate for a man are you?"

My brown eyes grew wide behind my oval glasses.

"I say a few nice things and you fall right for me," he went on.

My fingers were shaking against my sides as a waterfall of tears slid down my cheeks.

"I'd never go for a girl as cheap as you."

He turned on his heel and descended the staircase, abandoning me with a broken heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122 17 18
Two girls meet at the very beginning of Sophia's first day at that school she becomes friends with the popular girl Taylor but would much rather be f...
1.2K 8 79
Smart, beautiful, and fun-loving, the Sta. Ana Twins are finally graduating college two years after their drama-filled sophomore year. Tall, blonde...
423 5 76
This is the story about a twin brother and sister.They used to live normally until one girl appeared in their life. Their life change since that meet...
754K 16.4K 27
Living a life through the unexpected is an understatement; not knowing what might happen allows you to live your life to the fullest, without a care...