Re:boot (DISCONTINUED)

By Trashy_Fuyu

A girl that used to be cheerful and lovable experienced a rather cliche but painful event where it made her h... More

Prologue
00: CHARACTER INFORMATION
01: Quinckes
02: The Akashi Kobayashi Incident
03: Torso Case (Part 1)
04: Torso Case (Part 2)
05: Torso Case (Part 3)
06: Torso Case (Part 4)
07: Oh Well
08: The Picture
10: Time For Dress Up!
11: Rude Or Concerned?
12: It'll Be Just Fine
Notice
Special Chapter
13: Calm Before The Storm
14: In Search
15: That err Girl's Name
16: Vivid Memories
17: Massacred
18: Change
19: Remembering
Author's Note (MUST READ)
Decision
New Book Is Out

09: The Korean Prodigy

117 5 1
By Trashy_Fuyu

Risha-senpai: Oh my God, guys! Thank you so much for the reads! You guys are the best! Really! I can't even believe it when I saw the reads that this story got! Anyway, as for a thank you, here's another chapter!

Third Person's POV

"Jae Min, we're here" a middle aged woman said to a sleeping black haired boy. His eyelids slowly open, revealing his red orbs "Eomma? Is this the place you're talking about?" the boy softly asked his mother.

The woman smile then nod "Ugh, just get off already!" The girl next to him yelled with a frown. The girl have the same black hair and red eyes, she look exactly like him, except that she's a girl "What?" The boy coldly said to her.

The girl froze. He really acts different towards other people other than their mother "Uhh, what I mean to say is, can you get off now, oppa?" She rephrase while batting her eyelashes.

The boy stare at her then get off. In front of him, the tall building of CCG stand proudly. The girl also get off the car and stand beside him.

The car drove away with their mother inside "Hye Yeon, don't make a mess, understand?" The boy, Jae Min, ordered the girl.

"Yes, oppa" Hye Yeon obediently replied but what she's thinking is 'Jae Min, you jerk!' But she knew that it's the end of her when she say that.

Finally, the two set a foot at the building, knowing the situation that laid before them.

Yuuki's POV

"What does Director Washuu needs now? We just got there and now we're going back" I ponder to myself making Haise turn to me "I don't know, we haven't started our mission yet and now we need to come back. Maybe Director Washuu have an important announcement" he said thus I reply with a hum.

We're currently riding a car back to CCG office. I was waiting for girly boy at the cafe when Tooru called me saying that we're needed at the CCG. I called girly boy and said that I'll just bring him donuts there.

He agreed but he sounded a bit sad. After a few more minutes, we finally arrived at the said destination.

We entered the building and I can immediately hear the whispers of the CCG officers, especially the girls.

"Kyaahh! Did you see that boy that walked here? He's so handsome!"

"I know right! Is he a celebrity? Eeep!"

"Not just a normal celebrity but he looks like a Korean Idol! So handsome!"

There's more of it but I didn't bother listening, they're just fangirling. We head to the conference room and boy, what we saw really shocked us.

The conference room is really big yet it doesn't seem like it because it's very packed. We sit in our designated seat, which is next to Suzuya Squad.

"Yuuki-chan! Where's my donuts?!" Girly boy enthusiastically asked. I didn't say anything and hand him a box of assorted flavored donuts.

When he's about to get it, I move it away from him then give him a serious look "Hand me the phone first" I said as I hold out my free hand.

He pout then reluctantly hand me the smartphone. I give him the box of donuts and he happily took it. I immediately delete that embarrassing picture and hand it to him while he's munching the donuts with a satisfied look.

Just then, Director Washuu appeared in front. As soon as he did, everyone quiet down "Thank you to all of you for coming in such a short notice of time. I have called for all of you for a very important announcement" when he said that, a look of confusion flash in our faces.

"Seven years ago, a young investigator showed his exceptional skills that can be compared to Special-Class Investigator Kishou Arima. This young man is one of the top investigators of CCG. But since he was just a minor on those times, we keep his whole identify as a secret from the other investigators" what? Skills that can be compared to Arima Kishou? Oh man, this someone might be strong.

"He shared a big part in most of the missions, that is until the past two years. He needs to finish his studying and left Japan to study in his father's country, Korea. But now, after two years of waiting, he is finally back with a proper age to be introduced to all of you. Everyone, please welcome, Jae Min Song!" When Director Washuu finished, the door opened and revealing a boy with black hair and red eyes.

His face is void of any emotions. He's about 177cm tall and he have a nice skin complexion. He wear a white shirt that is tucked in his black pants, and a pair of white converse. Let me tell you this, it really does suit him. He have two ear piercing in his left ear and a black watch in his right hand.

I stopped examining his appearance when squeals filled my ears "Kyaaahh! It's him!" Huh? Oh, he must be the one they're talking about in the hallway "Jae Min Song?! So that's why he looks familiar! He's from a Korean boy group called G2! Oh my God! I can't believe it's him! Kyahhh!" Another girl squealed.

I raise my eyebrow at that. So he's a k-pop idol huh? That explains everything. Just then, another girl appeared behind him. She talked to Jae Min which the said boy only respond with a nod.

The girl have black hair and red eyes identical to the boy next to her. Her hair ends to her waist and is in a half ponytail. Her skin looks fair and smooth.

She's wearing a black high collared sweatshirt with a heart shaped hole above her chest and she's also wearing a peach colored sleeveless knee-length dress above it.

Some of the boys drool at the sight of her while some of the girls glare at her for casually talking to their 'Jae Min Song'. The boy ignore them and continue to walk in the stage where Director Washuu is standing.

He waited for the crowd to quiet down before talking "I'll go straight to the point. I know that most of you are older than me and have more experience in this job, I also know that some of you know that I'm an idol but let me tell all of you this... I won't let age or my social standing get in the way of my work, I will take my job seriously and execute the ghouls that's been causing trouble to people. And one more thing, Arima-san..." He trail off to look at Arima-san.

The said older man stare back at him "Mark my words... I will surpass you and become the greatest ghoul investigator in the history of all human kinds" he said with a hint of determination present in his eyes.

The whole room erupted in loud chatters of what Jae Min just said. There are chatters like "He's overestimating himself" "He can't surpass Arima-san!" "I hate his guts!" "This boy is too cocky!" And more things like that.

"Yuuki-chan" Tooru called out from beside me this made me look at him "What is it?" I asked "Do you think he's just bluffing?" He asked, talking about the boy in front of our very eyes.

I stare at the impassive k-pop idol in front of us and frown slightly "I doubt it" I commented just as Jae Min made everyone silent by glaring at them. As much as I hate to admit it but just by looking at him... I can see that he have potential.

"I'm not lying or being boastful. I said that so one day you will remember that I said those words and made it come true. I am serious about this so... Don't view me wrong. I'll prove all of you that I can do it. Arima-san, just watch and I'll make it pass you" and after that, he walk down the stage.

Director Washuu is looking proudly at him as he do. The said man walk in front "And that is Jae Min Song. That is all that I wanted to say and you may go back to work" Director Washuu said then walk towards the two Koreans.

The people start heading out of the room and so did we "What was that?! We came all the way here just to meet a jerk?! That fucking shit!" Shirazu complained as we walk out of the room "That's not nice at all" Tooru commented only to be ignored.

"Though I don't think he's that bad" Haise said making us to look at him. He sweatdrop when he notice our gazes "W-Well, it's because he look like he can really do it" he added.

"Don't be deceived by looks" I told him "Yeah! And he can't surpass Arima-san!" Shirazu agreed "Uhm... I also think that he can make his words real" now it's our turn to look at Tooru.

"I also thought that he's lying and just being too proud of himself at first but somehow... His words felt real and it makes me want to believe him" he explained thus made us quiet.

He's right... I guess. His words are full of seriousness. Maybe he can really surpass Arima-san, even though that's highly impossible. We haven't seen his skills yet and as of now, girly boy is the one that have the highest chance of taking Arima-san's position.

I know that girly boy have excellent skills and achieved so many things. That is why he's in here now. I sigh. Why do I even care?

"As for now, it's better if we go back to investigating Nutcracker's where abouts" Haise said making us agree with him "I'll go with S3 Squad to lend them a hand. I know you guys can handle it" I told them and didn't wait for their reply because I run off to find the said squad.

I found them outside the CCG building with the new guy, Jae Min Song. I walk towards them and girly boy turn when he notice me "Oh! Yuuki-chan!" He exclaimed loudly while pointing at me.

The rest of the squad stare at me and so is the new guy "Hey" I simply greeted as I stand beside girly boy "Yuuki-chan~ what are you doing here?" He asked with a curious gaze.

"Help you out with the investigation" I answered and he only hummed. We walk towards the streets while talking about the case "Ah! I forgot!" Juuzou suddenly exclaimed "Yuuki-chan, this is Jae Min Song! Our new squad member!" He cheerfully shouted while pulling the said boy beside him.

The boy remain impassive as he let Juuzou pull him. He blankly stare at me then nod in my way. I nod back at him and we continue walking.

"Eh? What was that?" Juuzou curiously asked, wondering what's all that nodding for "I think that is how quiet people interact with each other, Suzuya-senpai" Hanbee guessed.

"Ohhh, I don't understand them" Juuzou commented "Never mind that, let's start investigating now, shall we?" I asked and just like that, we all become serious.

(TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE AUTHOR'S LAZINESS)

I'm now back to the Quinx's chateau and is now currently typing in my laptop in the living room. Jae Min decided to tag along to help me from summarizing the links that we gathered earlier.

We were quietly doing our job when the rest of the Quinx squad arrived "How was it?" I asked while still busy typing in my laptop. From my peripheral view, I can see Haise getting startled from my sudden question "Ah! Yuuki-chan! You're already here?" He asked making me sigh "Obviously" I nonchalantly replied, these made him awkwardly laugh at his own mistake.

He walk towards us as the others went to their own rooms "Well, we didn't manage to get anything at all" he sheepishly said thus I only replied with a him "Excuse me, I need to get going" Jae Min suddenly butted in as he stand up to leave.

"Your squad leader is calling for you?" Haise asked him which he only responded with a shrug of no "No, I have an appointment with an entertainment agency today for the new commercial" he simply answered then walk towards the door.

He turn to us one last time then bow "I'll get going now" he said then exited the room "Must be hard to be an idol huh?" Haise commented making me look at him "Maybe" I said with a shrug.

"What squad is he anyway?" He asked with curiosity "Suzuya Squad" I replied causing him to nod "Ohh, that squad"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"EHHHH?! REALLY?!"

ΠCHAPTER 9 ENDΠ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.7K 3K 17
[[COMPLETED]] == If you have read this 3-part story from my "Haikyuu!! Onehots" book, you would be familiar with the plot! You don't have to read the...
1.6K 78 6
Ghouls...... Creatures that look like humans but instead of eating food they eat human flesh to survive. They live amongst humans and hunt to feed an...
1.8K 65 12
Three years ago, around the time of the Moebius incident, she died at the hospital. When she woke up, another person was occupying her body. That per...
128K 3.4K 24
A young girl named (y/n) lived in a world belonging to two. Ghouls and humans. Though she was taught to fear and hate ghouls, she just couldn't. Some...