03: Torso Case (Part 1)

Third Person's POV

"Gahh!" A ghoul in a cloak helplessly laid in the floor of a tower, using his arms to hold him up "S-So you're the bastard called Serpent" the ghoul said stuttering in the first word.

Another hooded figure step in front of him "...What? So that's what I'm being called?" The figure wondered as their eyes flash dangerously in the dark.

The wounded ghoul cower back but still tried to look tough "Why... are you... out for us?" The figure walk closer, every step making a tapping sound "Umm, I don't really have to explain that to some little shit that's about to die" the figure said "I've got one question. Do you know the ghoul Torso?"

"I-I don't... I..." the figure stopped and look down "Okay. Then say farewell" with that, the ghoul fell to his death.

Tooru's POV

"I'm back!" I heard Sasaki said from the entrance. I look up from my phone and greet him "Welcome home" Sasaki then entered the dining room, which is where I am.

"Huh? You're alone? What about Urie and the rest?" I look at him then replied "They haven't come back yet. The ghoul the other day wasn't Torso... So they flipped and stormed off..." just as I predicted. Those two don't know how to relax for a while huh?

Sasaki took off his coat "What about Saiko?" He asked, I stare at him "She was using some APP until just now... Umm... 'A game to grow a lion dance'"  I responded then look back at my phone.

"Is that even fun?" He asked to himself.

"How about Yuuki?" My face flush mild red at the mention of her name "S-She just left... she said she need to take care of something" when I said that, Sasaki chuckled.

Ugh, he's just teasing me. How do he even know my admiration towards Yuuki? Am I that obvious?

"Mutsuki, did you eat dinner yet? Need me to whip something up?" Sasaki questioned as he walk towards the kitchen "Umm. But aren't you tired after just finishing work?" He should be resting right now, I don't want to be a bother.

"It's fine, I want to make something" he insisted, I stand up and walk towards him "Ah... Then let me help!" I offered only to be turned down by silence.

I lean in a bar stool watching him prepare food "Mutsuki, you need to bulk up" what's up with that comment? "So it'll be meat" meat? Oh man "Ah! I don't like meat with blood dripping from it..." I highly hate, and I mean HATE, blood to the bottom of my heart.

"Don't complain to your superior" Sasaki ordered, okay okay, I get it! Sasaki then left to call Saiko while I walk back in the dining room, waiting for them to come.

Sasaki serve the 'meal', man I'm still not used to it "Bon appetite" he said putting the plate in front of me "Let's dig in" I clap my hands together.

I scoop some meat in the spoon and was about to eat it when I feel someone staring at me. I raise my head and saw Sasaki staring at me while leaning at his hand.

I uncomfortably shift under his gaze "Ahh... Ummm..." I stammered, what does he want me to do? "I'm sorry" he apologized, okay, that just happen.

I brought the spoon in my mouth and taste it "Ohh... It's tasty" I said making Sasaki have a satisfied look.

"That's a relief" he said, I'm just glad that Yuuki isn't here at this moment. If she see me eating this, I don't know what I'll do. I wonder what she's doing now? I wish she's safe.

Yuuki's POV

"The last song that we'll be singing is *Hikaru Nara by *Goose House" I announced in a cheerful way.