02: The Akashi Kobayashi Incident

Risha-senpai: This chapter will start when Haise found out from Tooru that Urie and Shirazu are working on their own in the torso case, which is not their case, and decided that they will take this case as well.

In manga, chapter 1: Bone

|וווווו×|

Yuuki's POV

I exited my room for once and head to the squad mentor's room. Its been two days since I came here and I still don't know what case are we, no, I will be working on.

None of them bothered to inform me or even talk to me because of what happened in the first day. At first I don't really care about it but then when I can't find anything about what case am I in, it starts to get on my nerves.

I knock on the door then let my hand lazily fall. The door opened revealing a Haise in his glasses, he looked shock when he saw that it was me who knock but replaced it with a smile "Is there something you want?" He said while stepping aside indicating me to come in.

I got in and stare blankly at him "You never told me what case I'm supposed to work on" I impassively said. Haise rub the back of his neck "Oh, actually the case we're assigned to is already solved but this morning I decided to take the torso case. It's not official though. Do you want me to tell you the information about it?" Torso? Oh I know what is it. Back before I was in CCG, I had my research about the different cases of ghouls by hacking into CCG's server.

I shook my head no then was about to walk out of his room when he call me out "Akuma-san-" I turn around to look at him "Yuuki's fine" I said.

He cleared his throat "Okay, Yuuki, actually this case needs to be done in team. We need to work together in order for this case to get done" he explained, I stare at him then talked "Urie and Shirazu are working on their own so why can't I?" Are you wondering how do I know that? Well, I saw them going out of the house by themselves and coming back late so I assumed that what I said is true.

"I can't control them even how much I try but I think if we work together then it'll be much more easier" Haise said looking in the floor and rubbing the back of his head.

It must be really hard to try and pursue them to work together huh? It's not my problem anymore but since this case is not connected to my main objective and he said it'll be easier if we use teamwork then okay, I'll listen to him just once.

I stare at him then sigh "Teamwork? Okay then, I'll work with you" his face lighten up when those words come out of my mouth. He grin and give me thumbs up "I can't wait to work with you" he said then bow, I sigh again at his formality.

He stand straight with a smile "I can help by gathering information, fighting is not my specialty so don't rely on me when it comes to that" Hmm, now I sound like the superior here.

"It's fine, leave the fighting to us!" He said just as I walk out of his room. Seriously, is that really our mentor? Sigh.

Haise's POV

Yuuki left and when the door closed "Yes! Wohoo! And there I thought she'll be the harder one to pursue" I said to myself. I'm really awesome!

"Okay, back to work!" I stretched my arms and sat on my study table "Let's get this over with!" Tomorrow, we will start finding more clue to where and what is Torso's motive.

~Time skip, an hour later~

A knock interrupted me from my work. I walk towards the door and open it, only to see a expressionless Yuuki. Really, she need to at least smile once and a while "Shirazu and Urie are in the middle of something, and that something is not good" eh? Sometimes I really don't understand this girl.