04: Torso Case (Part 2)

Yuuki's POV

I open the front door expecting for anyone to be home but it's silent. Hmm, maybe they're having a meeting? Yeah, that might be it.

I walk towards the meeting room of the house then get in. They turn around to see me but I ignore them and sit beside Tooru "Where did you go?" Haise asked, I glance at him then in the portrait behind Shirazu and Urie "It doesn't really concern you" I respond in a bored tone.

Haise sigh at me but let the subject drop. He clear his throat then start telling us about their meeting this morning. Turns out that Shimoguchi Squad and Mado Squad are now having a joint investigation about the Torso Case. Not only that, Akira Mado decided to make a stupid deal.

"Identify Torso's face is a single month?" Tooru repeated. In a month? That's long enough. I have already suspected someone and all I need is a confirmation if my suspicion is right.

"Yeah" Haise confirmed then continue "Accomplishing in just one month what the Shimoguchi Squad's long been loss for..." Oh? Then they must be bunch of idiots. Pfft, it'll be easy.

"To be honest, this might be a little tight..." little tight? It's not. This is a piece of cake "But I don't think it's impossible if we all work together" Oh Haise, if you just know. With Shirazu and Urie in the Squad, together is just a word.

"If all of us in the QS Squad combine our—" Haise was cut off when Shirazu click his tongue "Don't act dumb, Sassan" So he's really brainwashed huh? Nice job Urie, not "Shirazu?" Poor Haise though, all he want is for them to work as a team and he became the bad guy without knowing it.

Shirazu stand up then walk towards the door "I'm gonna do as I like" with that final word, he left "Hey, wait!" Haise yelled after Shirazu "Roger that" Urie said whilst leaning against the wall "!" Is this monkey trying to trick us or something? He would just work on his own in the end.

"I'll give you Torso in a month" ha! Knew it! He wouldn't work with us no matter what! Urie left as well after that with a hand in pocket, of course "Urie!" Haise shouted but been ignored.

He ruffle his hair in frustration "Aargh!! Enough..." he frustratedly said "Sasaki" Tooru worriedly mumbled beside me while I stay quiet.

What about me? Should I team up with them? Let me think about it... okay. I won't tell them what I found out though, I want to see what they're capable of without my help. I will give some clue to help them at least.

Haise look down, his hair shadowing his eyes "So you keep insisting on solo investigations... All right..." he trail off then raise his head with that intimidating look in his face and curled fist "Looks like I have to teach those kids... What a serious Sasaki is..." he said as Tooru's mouth and eyes widen in the background.

"Mutsuki and I will get Torso... before they do. Saiko's in charge of the house for now!" he said 'Who is he talking to?' I thought with a sweatdrop "Ye-Yes!! I'll do my best!" Tooru replied. Seriously, why is this two fired up about?

"Before we become united... I'll have those two grasp their own limits" he said then suddenly turn around now facing the door "Just watch, you brats!! You too, First Class Shimoguchi!! The serious Sasaki... the Sasarious will... pull an all-nighter tonight to gather data!" Aw man, he snapped. And what's with that pun?

I deadpan at him as Tooru sweatdrop. Haise then suddenly turn to me "How about you Yuuki? You're working with us, right?" He hopefully asked. I stare at him for a while, and for while I mean a minute or so.

Haise is now sweating buckets, not really "Are you an idiot?" I suddenly said making his expression drop "How can you forget? I'm already part of your team, remember? Didn't know you have bad memory, I should give you a medicine for enhancing memories" I continued causing him to lighten up.