The Unknown Mistress

By Nadineb1

Mia is 24 years old married to her childhood sweetheart Brian Walker. They have been together since the age o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- The Wedding
The Final Chapter..
Thank You

Chapter 42

15.2K 307 16
By Nadineb1

Alex's POV

"What..."

"You heard me save the baby by all costs" 

She started screaming again, by this time a few people have heard the screams and have rushed to help. 

"Mia, stop talking like that your gonna be fine and so is this baby" 

"Promise me, Promise me you will save this baby no matter what" 

"Stop it Mia I mean it just stop it"

She begins to scream again, Kourtney and Matt ran down the corridor and fell to her knees destroying her wedding dress.

"Matt take the kids they can't be here" she shouts

"The ambulance is on the way"Matt pushed the girls away from the bathroom and pushed the few strangers that had lingered around. 

"The pains getting worse" 

The tears were now streaming down her face and I began to see a small trail of blood. Kourtney notices it too and starts to put towels down to cover it up.  Without thinking I picked up her and carried her to the car. 

"What are you doing Alex, are you crazy" she screams at me 

"I am not waiting around to se her lose another child I'm bringing her to the hospital myself. Before its too late" 

I got in the drivers seat and drove as fast as I could to the hospital breaking every red light and missing cars by inches. Her screams were getting louder by the minute and her tears were rolling down her face. 

"Its ok Mia, were nearly here just hang in there" 

We arrived at the hospital and I picked her up and ran inside with her. The nurses heard the commotion outside and raced to us with a wheelchair. They rushed her through the large white double doors and into a room. 

"Its too early the baby can't come yet please stop this from happening" 

"Its ok Mia, calm down its not good for the baby dear. We need you to calm down" The nurse reassured her

They placed her on a bed, they took some blood and checked the baby hearts rate. They were whispering amongst themselves and writing on her chart. 

"Mr Winters.. the baby is in a great deal of danger, her heart rate it too fast. We need to slow it down so we can give her some steroid injections to speed up the development of the baby lungs"

Mia was now screaming in pain, and the tears were falling from her red puffy cheeks. I walked over to her and held her hand in mine and looked at her in the eye I could see the pain and the worry she was in. 

"Mia, the baby is coming and I need you to calm down.."

"Calm... calm the fuck down don't you see..

She was cut off by a nurse who could clearly see I was not helping the situation. 

"Mia we need to give you some injections, one is to speed up the development of the baby's lungs so the baby can breathe when out and also to stop the contractions ok.

She nodded and started to take deep breaths and squeeze my hand. I kept telling her it was ok, everything was going to be fine as the nurses called the doctor.

It was 5 hours since we arrived in the hospital and Mia seemed to have calmed down, the nurses were checking on her every half a hour to make sure everything was ok. Kourtney had arrived with some of Mia's things which I was grateful for as she could change out of her dress. 

"How is she?" Kourtney asked

"She's ok, it was quiet a shock. "

"And the baby?"

"Ok, the contractions have slowed down" 

Kourtney blew out a sigh of relief, and sat down in the plastic chair and out her head in her hands. 

"Hows the girls"

"There fine, there worried but Mia and the baby"

When the light hit her face, I could see she was pale and had large bags under her eyes, she look exhausted. 

"Why don't you go home and sleep for a few hours we will still be here" 

She hesitated at first.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah of course go on I will call if theres any update" 

I made my way to the canteen to grab a cup of coffee and some fresh air, theres only so much hospital smell I could take. I decided to check in with Matt to see how the girls were doing as it was still early. 

"Hey man hows thing?"

"Yeah ok so far no update yet how are the girls"

"Amy and Amanda are asleep but Annabelle won't until she knows everything ok." 

"Put her on the phone please"

I waited until I heard her soft voice

"Daddy, im so sorry its all my fault" 

I could hear her little sobs and runny nose and she cried down the phone. 

"Hey, its not your fault at all none of this is"

"It is.. I wished that they would go away and mommy to come back and then this happened"

At this point I felt like I let them down, my mistakes had hurt them and I wasn't even aware of it I was so wrapped up in my own stuff I never thought of them.

"Its not your fault do you hear me, this baby just wants to come and meet you guys sooner than expected" 

I could hear her little whimpers on the phone

"But I didn't mean it I promise" 

"I know, its ok. I love you ok" 

"I love you too" 

I hung up and place my head in my hands, I really wasn't doing as good of a job as I thought I was. Annabelle was a lot older than the other two, I think she knew Alison hadn't really gone away on holiday.  I walked back into the hospital room and Mia was lying peacefully with her eyes closed.  I pulled up a chair beside her, took hold of her hand and promised her and myself that I would make this work no matter what. 

5 Hours later

"Alex"

"ALEX" 

I felt someone shake my shoulder's and I woke up all dazed and confused 

"Alex, its time" 

"What.." I mumble still half asleep

"The baby.. its coming"

"Ok let me get the doctor" 

I ran as fast as I could outside the hospital room and to the nurses desk to get help. A team of doctors and nurses all made there way into the room and surrounded us before I even had time to notice what was really going on. They strapped something onto her arm, took some blood, gave her some oxygen and hoisted her legs up. 

It was hours of screaming, pain and tears. It was a emotional rollercoaster for both of us but I couldn't of been happier that I was there for every single part of it.  Even the part when she punched me and called me all the names under the sun. I was so proud of Mia and all she had been through with and without me, but I'm here now and I wasnt going anywhere.

As I held the baby in my arms, I hold its tiny little hands that are not much bigger than my finger, count all 10 fingers and toes and stare at this little bundle of joy. I have never seen a baby so small, 3 pounds 6 ounces and incredible perfect. 

"We need to put her in the incubator" 

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts and handed the baby to the nurse. I didn't even realise I was crying I had only a couple of seconds and then it was taken away from me. The nurse left and it was me and Mia alone. 

"Congratulations mommy" 

I walked over and kissed her forehead, the tears were still in her eyes at the realisation she was finally the one thing she wanted to be, a mother. She smiled and wiped the tears from her eyes 

"I can't quite believe it"

I continued to stroke her hair and stare at just really how beautiful she was, her hazel eyes and her dark brown hair. She had been through so much, and yet she was still battling the world with or without me.

"Im so tired"

 She mumbled as she rested her head on the pillow and closed her eyes. I made my way outside the hospital room and into a little garden with benches. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I dialled Matt's number ready to tell the girls the news.

"Hi daddy well.... 

"Its a........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307 2 18
Angelica has spent her whole life trying to make her parents happy , including dating a guy who hated her . On her 21st birthday she found her boyfri...
29 1 15
Mia is a 20 year old who's dream is to become a flight attendant. Her best friend Amelia managed to convince her to go on holiday to Dubai with her f...
36.3M 1.1M 47
"She's hot." "Yeah, I know. I'm kinda jealous..." "I'm gonna ask her out." "Are you crazy? You're asking for a death wish." "What's so wrong with me...
3.4K 58 11
Mia Monroe is 19. She has everything she wants: a boyfriend, loads of money, and friends. But she doesn't love her boyfriend. When her Dad's best fri...