Hideaway [h.s]

By happydays1d

BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain t... More

Authors Note
Recap
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
177
178
179
180
181
182
183
184
185
186
187
188
189
190
191
192
193
194
195
196
197
198
199
200
201
203
204
Epilogue
Devotion

202

215K 5.8K 31.9K
By happydays1d

Harry Styles

"I'm sorry Mr. Styles, she didn't make it." The doctors words were like an echo as he stood steps in front of me with that tired look on his face. Briar was screaming in my arms as I had her against my chest, bouncing her a bit.

"N-no, there has to be a mistake." I choke on my words, feeling my eyes water.

"There was too much blood, we did all that we could." He says back seldom.

"No, No!" I scream, just making Briar cry louder. "Try fucking harder god damnit!"

"Mr. Styles there's nothing we can do- she's gone." He murmurs while Briar balls her eyes out.

I hand Briar too the doctor quickly, then start sprinting down the hallway- feeling my throat run hitched. My chest pounded with a broken heart as I ran all the way to the surgical floor of the hospital, not even feeling myself breathe anymore.

I bursted into O.R three, coming face to face with an empty room where just Amelia laid on the table.

Deceased and alone.

I froze in my spot, feeling my blood run frigid and my fingers go numb. I swallowed the lump in my throat, staring at the love of my life laying lifeless at the other end of the room. My feet slowly walked up to her, my legs aching from the movements and when I reached her table side..

I was crushed.

My eyes instantly showered tears and I choked out a cry, breathing through my parted lips as I felt like I was going to be sick. Her skin was pale as a ghost and her lips were nearly blue. Her eyes that were once warm and glowing, were shut by her icy eyelids. Her hair was all tucked behind her ears and under her back, like someone brushed it out like that.

I placed my hand on her cold forehead, starting to cry my eyes out as I couldn't keep it in. I fell my forehead to her throat, knowing that I lost her forever. Everything we've done, everything we've been through, was now just nothing but memories.

I pulled myself back up and looked at her drained peaceful face, feeling every last piece of my heart break.

"I'm s-so sorry Am-Amelia." I balled, choking on my words while my cheeks were blanketed in tears.

Her eyes snapped open, displaying how they were ice blue- staring right at me as if she was burning right into my soul. And when she opened her mouth, all I heard was a demonic whisper.

"Why did you do this to me Harry?"

"Harry!" The voice made me shoot my eyes open and be welcomed by a tall body frame as I was sleeping in a hard hospital chair.

The light invaded my eyes as I squinted up and saw Louis standing in front of my feet, looking down at me with his hand on my shoulder.

"I came in to see how everything's going but you looked like you were having a nightmare." He tells me but I was barely listening, I instead was scanning the room with my eyes too see that Amelia's bed was still missing, meaning she was still in surgery.

It was just a dream - a nightmare.

"What time is it?" I ask while sitting up straight and looking at Briar sleeping in the clear hospital bassinet to my right.

"Just after twelve," He tells me.

I lean forward and rest my elbow on my knees, putting my head in my hands.

"Why isn't she out yet?" I murmur to myself. It's been nearly and hour. I was becoming anxious and that nightmare really fucked me up. All I saw was black as my hands were covering my eyes. I felt so emotionally drained, I needed Amelia to be okay.

"The nurse told me what happened.." Louis murmurs as I hear Briar start to wake up from her small quiet noises.

I tilt my head up and look at Louis from my uncomfortable chair, seeing how he looked tired as well.

"Yeah, well I've been very on edge so.." I stand up and turn to the bassinet where Briar was laying with her eyes blinking open.

The nurses put her in a white and pink stripped onesie right before I fell asleep, leaving the pink hat on her head and wrapping the blanket around her. As of right now the blanket was just around her lower half from her fidgeting sleep. Her hands were stretched out next to her head as she squirmed a little bit, waking up.

She looked at me with those green eyes, staring at me in awe.

"Hi muppet." I murmur while sliding my hands under her small little frame and picking her up.

I walk back to my seat, sitting down and putting my knees together while resting her on my closed thighs so she was laying along in front of me.

She kept her mouth open while moving her arms and legs around, making me grab her tiny ankles and kiss the bottom of her foot.

I smile at her as she stares at me while fidgeting around.

"So you have a baby now eh?" Louis says while still standing in front of me.

"Mmhmm." I hum while keeping my eyes on her, smiling. "How's Niall doing?" I then ask but just keep my eyes glue to Briar, playing with her ankles by moving them back and forth.

"He's good, broke a few ribs and will need crutches for his knee a bit. But he'll be fine." He tells me.

"And Liam?" I ask.

"He's in surgery, I'm waiting to hear back."

I nod while watching Briar grab my two fingers by each little hand she had, pulling the tiniest smile while her tiny hands were wrapped around my fingers.

She was so perfect.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened during the time you disappeared?" Louis asks.

"Well," I start while leaning down to peck Briar's nose.

"Daddy killed his own daddy." I say in a baby voice subconsciously, looking at Briar but telling Louis.

I always found it so weird when parents talked to their kids with a stupid baby voice, but here I was doing it out of automatic habit. I guess when you look at something so precious you just feel the need to talk more positively precious to them.

"Woah wait, you killed Axel. Axel as in your father as in the leader of that unknown gang?" Louis says in shock.

"Daddy smashes his face in with a biiiiiiiig rock." I say again in that same voice while smiling at Briar.

"Okay can you stop talking like that?" Louis states.

"Sorry." I say normally while looking up at him. "But yeah I fucked him up."

"Well what does this all mean?" He asks.

"I don't really know, but I'm not focusing on that right now. In this moment it's on her and Amelia. So can I tell you about it later?" I mumble in stress. I can get into all of it right now. I needed to keep my thoughts in order until Amelia came out of that operation room.

"Okay." He nods.

"Do you want to hold her?" I ask.

"What? Oh n-no I'm fine thanks." He scratches the back of his neck and shakes his head.

"Why?" I arch my brow.

"Babies aren't my thing remember.." He clears his throat and declines the offer.

"Mm, I don't know man. Maybe if you held her then you would feel different." I shrugged.

"No really, I'm good but thanks." He rejects again.

"Fine," I look back down at Briar and smile. "It's his loss."

"Mr. Styles?" I hear another voice enter the room, making my head shoot to the doorway to where I saw the doctor standing there in his scrubs.

I grabbed Briar and quickly brought her back over to the little bed, laying her in it and walking quickly over to the doctor in the doorway.

"How is she?" I asked while crossing my arms, never feeling so terrified for an impending answer.

"She's going to be fine." He tells me, making the weight be lifted off of my chest.

I sigh in relief while throwing my head back, shutting my eyes and feeling so overwhelmingly happy and lucky.

"She had some tears in the uterine walls but we sewed them all up and stitched the rest of her up as well. And in fact.." He looks down the hallway, seeing how Amelia was being rolled down towards us, knocked out but alive. "She's here." He smiles while they turn her bed into our room, making me step out of the way and smile when I see her on the bed.

"Oh thanks god." I say in complete relief. Words couldn't describe how happy I was.

"She should be awake in the next hour, and when she does just let us know and we will do a quick check. Her thoughts might be a little hazy so just take it easy with her for a little while, but feel free to introduce her to your daughter." He smiles while telling me the greatest news.

"Amazing, thank you so much." I run my hand back through my hair.

"Please, it's my job. Now relax and just wait for her to wake up." He pats my shoulder which I didn't like but he just saved my girlfriends life so I don't react.

"Thanks." I nod before he left down the hallway.

I turn back around to see Louis standing there with a small smile, knowing I was happy.

I hurried over to Amelia's bed where she laid asleep and crashed my head onto her chest, grateful to feel the warm skin beneath me.

She was okay, and we were going to be a family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 7.4K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
18.9M 469K 107
{SEQUEL TO MALIGNANT AND HIDEAWAY} MATURE READ! (18+) "Lay one finger on my daughter and I'll have you destroyed before the hours up." Harry and Amel...
27.2K 1.4K 37
Everyone has an angelic and demonic side to them, but what defines us is our choices which makes one more prominent insides of us. Jules was new to t...
169K 3.2K 53
*18+ Contains Mature and Explicit Content* *I don't bring my eyes up when I hear him pick up a knife.... I don't even want to see the size of it. H...