Twice The Trouble

By DenielleAbolencia

Meet the Sta. Ana Sisters: Sophia is labeled as the Goody two shoes-Twin. She lives by the rules in and out o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Twins
Chapter 2: Two Non-Royal Princesses
Chapter 3: A Blind Date
Chapter 4: Starting College
Chapter 5: Foes and Friends
Chapter 6: Broken Hearts
Chapter 7: Sophia Meets A Twin
Chapter 8: Stacy Meets A Twin
Chapter 9: More Rivals
Chapter 10: The Realization
Chapter 11: A New Friend
Chapter 12: Orion's Goddess
Chapter 13: Soul Sisters
Chapter 14: Stacy's Heartbeat
Chapter 15: Sweeter Than Candy
Chapter 16: Liam's Fall
Chapter 17: She Broke Him
Chapter 18: Sibling & Therapist
Chapter 19: Give Up, Liam
Chapter 20: Tears of a Duchess
Chapter 21: Falling For Lucas
Chapter 22: Sophia's Secret
Chapter 23: Stacy's Denial
Chapter 25: The Favor
Chapter 26: Lunchtime Drama
Chapter 27: The Tiff
Chapter 28: Invisible Envy
Chapter 29: Serious Stacy
Chapter 30: Love is Fire
Chapter 31: Falling
Chapter 32: The Author
Chapter 33: A Martyr
Chapter 34: Clarification
Chapter 35: Text Buddies
Chapter 36: An Old Flame
Chapter 37: Stacy's Past
Chapter 38: Falling Harder
Chapter 39: Reliable
Chapter 40: Just A Crush
Chapter 41: The Helper
Chapter 42: Not A Date
Chapter 43: About Stacy
Chapter 44: Into Pieces
Chapter 45: Sophia's Past
Chapter 46: Circumstances
Chapter 47: The Return
Chapter 48: Chained Heart
Chapter 49: The Rage
Chapter 50: War and Peace
Chapter 51: Why Me?
Chapter 52: Wrong Name
Chapter 53: Yearning
Chapter 54: Mr. & Mrs.
Chapter 55: Married
Chapter 56: Partners in Crime
Chapter 57: Chained
Chapter 58: Transition
Chapter 59: Onward
Chapter 60: Doubts
Chapter 61: Hints
Chapter 62: Call It Fate
Chapter 63: Kismet or Destiny?
Chapter 64: Warm Hearts
Chapter 65: Girl Called S
Chapter 66: Love Hurts
Chapter 67: Sophia's Denial
Chapter 68: A Flicker
Chapter 69: The Cage
Chapter 70: Pain
Chapter 71: Official
Chapter 72: Ships
Chapter 73: She's a Model
Chapter 74: A Pink Flower
Chapter 75: The Ex-Boyfriend
Chapter 76: Undefined Status
Chapter 77: Tarnished
Chapter 78: Dead End
Chapter 79: Who Did It?
Chapter 80: Stacy Finds Out
Chapter 81: Confrontation
Chapter 82: Heat
Chapter 83: Dancing Hearts
Chapter 84: Worry
Chapter 85: Reluctance
Chapter 86: Closer
Chapter 87: Unbearable
Chapter 88: Almost
Chapter 89: Bad Feelings
Chapter 90: The Revelation
Chapter 91: Sophia's Fury
Chapter 92: Sick Sophia
Chapter 93: Another Revelation
Chapter 94: Stacy's Abduction
Chapter 95: On The Way
Chapter 96: Rush
Chapter 97: Rescued
Chapter 98: Pain and Tears
Chapter 99: Chance Meeting
Chapter 100: A Miracle
Chapter 101: Hope vs. Fear
Final Chapter: Goodbyes
5 Months Later: Part One
5 Months Later: Part Two
Bonus Chapter: How It Started
Special Chapter: Before It All began

Chapter 24: The Cold Twin

22 0 0
By DenielleAbolencia

Bryce

Women were all the same.

They're sweet one day, then vile the next. They often don't say what they mean and don't mean what they say. They change their minds a lot. They make you believe that they love you.

And then they leave.

*Ten Years Ago*

I could hear them fighting again. Shouting. Yelling. Screaming.

"Let me ask you, Brent, do I still have a husband?"  asked Lillian, her eyes pooling with tears.

Lillian De Los Reyes was a 32-year old mother of two sons. She had shoulder-length black hair, chestnut brown eyes, fair skin, and she wore a diaphanous orange blouse and white pants.

"You're being melodramatic again,Lillian," Brent said impassively, doing up his polo's cuffs.

Brent De Los Reyes was a 34-year old billionaire who spent more time in the office than at home.

He had short brown hair, dark cerulean eyes, pale skin, and was in corporate attire for a meeting.

"Don't you dare accuse me of your own misgivings!" Lillian lashed out, her voice shrill.

I was eight years old, one of the few rich kids in my second grade batch. My parents were diving into another quarrel in the living room one Friday evening.

It was ironic, how millions of strangers, including everyone at my elementary school, envied my wealthy and affluent lifestyle. I had all the desires anyone could ever wish for. Designer clothes. A lavish mansion to live in. Expensive foods. Personal maids and the means to travel to wherever exotic country I wanted to go to. I had money to burn,and a twin brother to burn them with.

But Lucas and I were different.

"Whatever you want to say, Lillian, just keep them to yourself. I have an appointment to attend."

My mother screamed at the top of her lungs and threw a tall vase at my father.He ducked it.

"What the fuck is your problem, woman!?" he growled.

"Oh, now it's woman? You used to call me Lily, you bastard!" She hurled another vase at him.

My father dodged every paperweight his wife was angrily tossing at him. I remained hidden behind a large potted houseplant. I was numb. I felt empty as a waterfall of tears trickled down both of my cheeks. 

The sound of glass hitting the hard walls pierced through my ears. Shards of colorful and priceless vases shattered against the tiled floor, thousands of sharp pieces scattered.

Mother shouted: "Ever since we got married, all you've done is hole up in your damned office! You never have time for me or your sons! The three of us are drifting away from you! Can't you see it?"

Father gritted his teeth after he clasped his gold watch around his wrist. He scowled and said:

"I'm working my ass off so this family can live a comfortable and privileged life."

"Comfortable? COMFORTABLE? Have you taken a good look at this place, Brent? We reside in a luxurious mansion, yes. But it's a cage for us here. A golden cage is still a cage. This house is cold and lifeless and you have done nothing to show your two sons nor me that you love us at all!"

"You ungrateful hag," her husband snarled. "I've spoiled you and our children with gifts and expensive clothes and this is how you repay me? With hatred and vitriol?"

"How dare you speak to me this way," mother hissed at him. "I've been nothing but the most considerate, most understanding wife to you. I mothered our sons with so much love and every fiber of my being cares for those two boys. But you?You're never home! You're always cooped up in work, in your precious businesses. If I didn't know any better, I bet you're sleeping with your whore of a secretary! I've seen the way she looks at you. And it makes me sick, Brent."

"YOU BITCH!" Father raised his hand and slapped his wife vehemently, a reddish mark on her left cheek. The impact was so strong that she fell to the ground as she cupped her stinging cheek.

"Bryce?" A familiar voice asked from behind. It was my twin brother, Lucas. He had just come home from a friend's 9th birthday party and was dressed in a white polo with black stripes.

Tears streaming down my face, I bared my teeth and shushed him. He stood behind me.

"Are mother and father arguing again? Why are you just watching them?" Lucas asked.

"Shut it, Luke," I whisper-hissed at him.

"We have to help mom," Lucas protested.

I held my twin's arm in a tight grip. "You'll get hit."

"No, I won't,"he countered, squirming from my hold.

"You're so sure of yourself, but I'm not risking it." I glared at him.

"What the--Bryce, what---" I restrained Lucas from behind, clamping a hand over his mouth to keep him from creating any noise.

"B-but.. m-mom's hurt," my brother's muffled voice said.

"Would she want you to get caught in the crossfire?" I asked, to which he shook his head.

"Then just zip it and let them be," I snapped.

We were both eight years old, but already we lived in hell on earth.

Everyday was a struggle, and I hated both my parents while Lucas remained neutral.

Months passed since that incident, and one day, when my twin and I got home from school, it dawned on us that our mother had packed up and left without so much as a goodbye.

*End of Flashback*

I was busy capturing worthy photos with my D.S.L.R. when a girl bellowed:

"BEE!"

Lowering my camera to my chest-level, I blinked twice and adjusted my vision.

It was getting kind of dark out here in the north quadrangle, but every aspiring photographer knew to use any situation to his advantage. I wouldn't allow the weather to brush me off.

It was only noon-time. Surely the climate would let up soon enough.

My eyes immediately recognized the person who had called me. A tall girl with waist-length raven tresses, hazel eyes, and a red paper bag dangling from around her slim wrist.

She launched herself towards me, and I put my hands on her waist to steady her.

"Honey," I called Scarlet. Frankly, it made me inwardly cringe whenever we exchanged endearments, but it was less agonizing than to listen to her bratty cries and tantrums.

My pretty girlfriend fluttered her eyelashes seductively as she locked her arms around my neck.

"Are you free now? I bought us takeout from my favorite restaurant!"

I reigned in my temper. Couldn't she see I was still working on my graded activity?

With a forced smile, I looked down at Scarlet and tapped her nose, a gesture she labeled cute and romantic, but I don't agree. Or maybe it depended on the person I did it to.

"I'm still busy," I told her. "You can go eat with your friends."

She pouted. "But Bee-e-e-e," she whined.

I wrapped my hands around her arms and pushed her away from me. Her eyes blazed.

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked in a strangled voice.

"No." I averted my eyes to another direction.

"Why are you so cold to me then?"

An agitated sigh escaped me. "I'm just not in the mood, alright?"

"No! It's not alright!" Scarlet stomped her foot childishly.

"Just go," I ordered her, my tone flat. "I have stuff to do."

"Fine!" She gave me a dirty look before storming away.

Seconds after Scarlet departed, my peaceful state returned.

I was peering into my camera, experimenting with various angles, when suddenly...

"Hey there. Is it okay if I talk to you for a few minutes? I'll be quick."

I clenched my teeth and gazed up at the newcomer, and I hissed:

"Can't you see I'm b--" The words dried in my throat.

My blue eyes went wide as I looked at the blonde girl in front of me.

"Stacy?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 952 31
Mikayla is used to working hard. As the only person in her house, she works multiple jobs to pay the bills and put food in the cupboards. Having no f...
195K 4.8K 55
***WARNING: THIS STORY IS SERIOUSLY CRINGE-WORTHY**** Did your sister ever hate you for stealing her boyfriend. Well... Mine does. Having to live wit...
22.3K 1.4K 29
You know, since this is my last night here and we're already breaking the rules...maybe we could... It's the last night of summer camp. So when char...
23.5K 2.1K 78
❝ Y O U W E R E B R O K E N, A N D I T W A S M Y J O B T O F I X Y O U. ❞ What happens when you meet a pair of twins on a bus? The oppo...