Twice The Trouble

By DenielleAbolencia

Meet the Sta. Ana Sisters: Sophia is labeled as the Goody two shoes-Twin. She lives by the rules in and out o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Twins
Chapter 2: Two Non-Royal Princesses
Chapter 3: A Blind Date
Chapter 4: Starting College
Chapter 5: Foes and Friends
Chapter 6: Broken Hearts
Chapter 7: Sophia Meets A Twin
Chapter 8: Stacy Meets A Twin
Chapter 10: The Realization
Chapter 11: A New Friend
Chapter 12: Orion's Goddess
Chapter 13: Soul Sisters
Chapter 14: Stacy's Heartbeat
Chapter 15: Sweeter Than Candy
Chapter 16: Liam's Fall
Chapter 17: She Broke Him
Chapter 18: Sibling & Therapist
Chapter 19: Give Up, Liam
Chapter 20: Tears of a Duchess
Chapter 21: Falling For Lucas
Chapter 22: Sophia's Secret
Chapter 23: Stacy's Denial
Chapter 24: The Cold Twin
Chapter 25: The Favor
Chapter 26: Lunchtime Drama
Chapter 27: The Tiff
Chapter 28: Invisible Envy
Chapter 29: Serious Stacy
Chapter 30: Love is Fire
Chapter 31: Falling
Chapter 32: The Author
Chapter 33: A Martyr
Chapter 34: Clarification
Chapter 35: Text Buddies
Chapter 36: An Old Flame
Chapter 37: Stacy's Past
Chapter 38: Falling Harder
Chapter 39: Reliable
Chapter 40: Just A Crush
Chapter 41: The Helper
Chapter 42: Not A Date
Chapter 43: About Stacy
Chapter 44: Into Pieces
Chapter 45: Sophia's Past
Chapter 46: Circumstances
Chapter 47: The Return
Chapter 48: Chained Heart
Chapter 49: The Rage
Chapter 50: War and Peace
Chapter 51: Why Me?
Chapter 52: Wrong Name
Chapter 53: Yearning
Chapter 54: Mr. & Mrs.
Chapter 55: Married
Chapter 56: Partners in Crime
Chapter 57: Chained
Chapter 58: Transition
Chapter 59: Onward
Chapter 60: Doubts
Chapter 61: Hints
Chapter 62: Call It Fate
Chapter 63: Kismet or Destiny?
Chapter 64: Warm Hearts
Chapter 65: Girl Called S
Chapter 66: Love Hurts
Chapter 67: Sophia's Denial
Chapter 68: A Flicker
Chapter 69: The Cage
Chapter 70: Pain
Chapter 71: Official
Chapter 72: Ships
Chapter 73: She's a Model
Chapter 74: A Pink Flower
Chapter 75: The Ex-Boyfriend
Chapter 76: Undefined Status
Chapter 77: Tarnished
Chapter 78: Dead End
Chapter 79: Who Did It?
Chapter 80: Stacy Finds Out
Chapter 81: Confrontation
Chapter 82: Heat
Chapter 83: Dancing Hearts
Chapter 84: Worry
Chapter 85: Reluctance
Chapter 86: Closer
Chapter 87: Unbearable
Chapter 88: Almost
Chapter 89: Bad Feelings
Chapter 90: The Revelation
Chapter 91: Sophia's Fury
Chapter 92: Sick Sophia
Chapter 93: Another Revelation
Chapter 94: Stacy's Abduction
Chapter 95: On The Way
Chapter 96: Rush
Chapter 97: Rescued
Chapter 98: Pain and Tears
Chapter 99: Chance Meeting
Chapter 100: A Miracle
Chapter 101: Hope vs. Fear
Final Chapter: Goodbyes
5 Months Later: Part One
5 Months Later: Part Two
Bonus Chapter: How It Started
Special Chapter: Before It All began

Chapter 9: More Rivals

16 1 0
By DenielleAbolencia

Sophia

"No, I don't know his name, and when hell freezes over, Sop!"

I gave a peal of laughter as my pretty blonde sister ranted about her supposed enemy.

It had been a few hours since we had arrived home from school, had dinner and did our homework. The clock on our bedroom wall read 8:54pm, and we were in our pajamas.

"But you mentioned he was handsome?" I goaded her while sitting on my olive-coated bed.

"Ugh," she groaned, combing her rich golden hair in front of her vanity mirror.

I stared at her from across the room. We were in opposite halves of the bedroom,after all.

"Well?" I urged, wearing a funny smile on my lips.

In contrast to my teddy-bear print pajamas, Stacy was dressed in a pink tank top and shorts.

How she bared with those skimpy garments in this chilly temperature, I had no idea.

"What's his damned face got to do with anything?" she ground out, still combing her hair.

"You didn't find him distracting?" I ventured and measured her reaction.

"Of course it was hard to concentrate!" Stacy's comb moved faster down her blonde strands.

She threw me a terse frown before flicking her eyes back on the wide mirror. She huffed.

"But I wasn't going to let his piercing blue eyes and fluffy brown hair prevent me from giving him a piece of my mind. You know me, Sop. I'm not as superficial as everyone labels me to be."

Her description of the guy made me freeze in my position. My feet dangled above the ground.

"What did you say?" I asked suddenly. "Brown hair? Blue eyes?"

Stacy's turquoise eyes narrowed into slits as she thought of the stranger she met hours ago.

Nodding her head, the blonde in pink nightwear slid her gaze towards mine. "Yeah. Why?"

"Was he about six-three, six-four? Fair skin, half-American, half-Asian?" I garbled.

Though I spoke in a rush, Stacy could effortlessly sort out my weird language.

Her eyes went wide. "Oh My God, Yes! Exactly like you said! But how..?..No," she gasped as both her hands clamped over her mouth.

"Ace, I think your door-slammer was Ladies_man321!" I exclaimed in shock.

"You really think so?" she cupped her chin, mulling over the possibility.

I nodded eagerly,still smarting from that horrid blind date at Starbucks a few days prior.

"Remember, I told you he was being flirted with by this pretentious girl? I heard her call him Bryce, so I guess that's his name?" I said to my sister.

"Hmm," Stacy hummed, now tapping her pink, full lips. She was studying her reflection.

Alarm bells kicked into gear inside my mind. I sharply aimed a warning look at my twin.

"Ace, what are you planning?" I demanded, my voice stern and motherly.

A coy smile spread across her lips. I recognized the playful glint in her blue eyes, the same glint that I always saw whenever she had another scheme in the making. Here we go again.

"Whatever are you talking about, sister, dearest?" she said, her expression sly and sneaky.

I shook my head and wiggled into a weird sleeping posture. It would take at least thirty minutes and forty different stances before I could surrender to sleep. I pulled up my sheets to my body.

"As long as you don't break the school rules and regulations, try to be incognito, okay?" I said.

I'm such a pushover sometimes.

"But of course, sister dearest," Stacy crooned while rising from her wooden stool.

She dove into her own pink bed sheets after switching off the lights.

Wednesday morning found us both standing in front of the university's focal bulletin board, where all important announcements were pinned onto for all to see and share.

Noisy bundles of college students,mostly freshmen, flooded in front of the newly posted lists of school clubs and its selected members. A mix of excitement and trepidation hung in the air.

"OH MY GOSH, YES! YES!" Stacy squealed with delight as she threw her arms around me.

I laughed and returned her hug, at the same time drawing her away from the busy crowd.

"Isn't this amazing, Sop?We both got into our first choices!" she gushed while embracing me.

My smile was my answer. Admittedly, I was happy that Stacy got accepted into not only the Drama Guild, but also the pep squad--though she still had auditions this coming Friday.

But I felt a little disheartened to not make the cut for the student council candidacy. Yes, I was officially a member of the Orion Arrow, our university's chronicle, and I loved to write. I just wished I also made it into the SC election list. I would have done my best to become president.

"Why the long face, Sophia?" a girl called out from behind me.

I reeled around to see Hanna Mendoza's smug smile. She was visibly gloating.

"Oh, that's right." She put a hand on her mouth in mock sympathy. "You didn't make the cut."

Of course, my twin was the first to rise to the bait. My tall blonde sister glared at Hanna.

"What's your deal, Mendoza?" Stacy snapped, hands on her waist as she glowered at the teen with long black hair and freckles.

"Nothing at all," Hanna nonchalantly replied, sending me a condescending smile.

I took a step towards my academic rival, and she stepped back in reaction.

"Wimp," Stacy murmured, and I flashed her a look. She scoffed and went to her pals.

"What are you going to do?" Hanna asked me, trying to sound brave. Did she really think I was going to get physical?

I offered my hand to her, and she stared down at my outstretched palm,her eyes skeptical.

"Congratulations," I told Hanna sincerely. I smiled and added: "You deserve it."

She squinted her eyes at me as though suspecting a trick. But after a minute, we shook hands.

"Thank you," Hanna responded, then gave me a puzzled look before rushing to her girl friends.

A sigh slipped from my throat as I watched a banks of students block the view of the club lists.

I caught a glimpse of Stacy squealing and laughing with her own group of friends, whom I knew.

"Cheer up, Sop," said Cole Perez, one of my old high school friends and officially a member of the Orion University Tennis Team. He and I shared one minor subject.

Shooting him a grateful smile, I spotted Liam, Matthew, Spencer, and Emily, another high school friend, walking in our direction. The guys were frowning while the girls were beaming merrily.

"What happened?" I asked them all.

It was Emily who answered, but she exhaled a disgruntled sigh before she turned to me.

"Spencer and I got into our first choice. The book club," she clarified with a depressing face.

Cole scratched at his cheek, perplexed. "Then why are you both so blue?" he asked the girls.

"Because," Spencer replied in a dejected manner. "Scarlet Salvador and Aria Flores are in the same club as us. And they're not exactly.."

"Smart?"  Cole guessed.

"Suitable?" I tried.

"Both," Emily complained. "They only chose that club because they thought it would be easy and they didn't have to attend every week." She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"They can't be that bad," I said in a consoling tone.

My gaze automatically met Liam's amber eyes. He was already staring at me.

"Li," I greeted him,summoning a chipper mood. "What club are you part of?"

Liam's smile was bright but strained, as he answered me: "Computer Wizards."

"That's great!" I knew he loved working with computers. I moved closer to him and placed a supportive hand on his shoulder, which I hastily retracted when he flinched ever so slightly.

So he was still hurting from my recent rejection of his affections.

"How about you, Matt?" I asked Matthew Rosales, one of my classmates in Education.

"Speech and Debate Club," he replied, looking bored out of his skull.Typical Matt.

I was about to ask if anyone wanted to join me at the campus library since we had next period free due to our professor's absence, when I heard a guy's voice seem to call my name from afar.

"Sophia!"

A tall guy with black bangs and brown eyes was walking straight towards me.

He had a cheerful smile on his charming face.

And a petite girl clinging to him as though he was her lifesaver.

She was glaring at me.

Why was she glaring at me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 2.1K 78
❝ Y O U W E R E B R O K E N, A N D I T W A S M Y J O B T O F I X Y O U. ❞ What happens when you meet a pair of twins on a bus? The oppo...
1.2K 8 79
Smart, beautiful, and fun-loving, the Sta. Ana Twins are finally graduating college two years after their drama-filled sophomore year. Tall, blonde...
423 5 76
This is the story about a twin brother and sister.They used to live normally until one girl appeared in their life. Their life change since that meet...
195K 4.8K 55
***WARNING: THIS STORY IS SERIOUSLY CRINGE-WORTHY**** Did your sister ever hate you for stealing her boyfriend. Well... Mine does. Having to live wit...