Sins Of The Father (TRLS)

By AlanaRiddle

Complete with sequel published Roslyn has been given a very dangerous task by Voldemort himself. With her... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 Part:1
Chapter 9 Part:2
Chapter 10 Part 1
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 10 Part 3
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Part 1
Chapter 13 Part 2
Chapter 13 part 3
Chapter 13 Part 4
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
If Tomarrow Never comes
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
NEW TRAILER
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Faceclaim/Cover
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Facts and Sequel Trailer
Updates
She's So (Le)strange

Chapter 3

22.9K 507 33
By AlanaRiddle

The next morning I was getting ready for the party. I tried to produce a little excitement, I mean it's my baby shower for crying out loud. I want to have fond memories of this day, not memories of me sighing and sulking in the corner the whole time. I decided to just put aside the circumstances of my pregnancy and try to enjoy myself because who knows the next time I will be able to do so. I tried to think of any redeeming factors about my journey to the past. I guess I wouldn't mind experiencing the past eras like the fifties, great music, great actors, great experiences. I tend to follow muggle histories and cultures for amusement. I have to try to think of some good things to go with this mess like witnessing some awesome historical events. Unfortunately this is to be my new life after all. Then something struck my mind. Will I have to be with The Dar- Tom? Will he want me to stay with him or will he cast me away once the baby is born? Will I be left alone in the past with no one? I calmed myself down quickly. Never would I let him take my baby from me no matter what he does to me, I rather die. I need to do escape these thoughts. They'll only make things much worse.

I walked out of my room and got ready to celebrate the baby that now resided inside my stomach. People had started to arrive and I became a little cheerful once again. I immediately made my way to the snack table and retrieved a slice of watermelon while I waited for the rest of the guests to arrive. They all walked in congratulating me saying how this was such an honor. Some of them also shared their birthing stories with me which kinda freaked me out, but then they shared the cute stuff about babies making me smile a little. I hadn't given much thought to what it would be like to have a baby of my own. It can't be that bad right? Then the dread started to set in when I am suddenly reminded of the father of my child by the flash of my mother's dark mark on her arm as she made her way to the front of the crowd of women. I guess it's time for my mother's grand old speech about how fortunate we are to have been chosen. As if the Dark Lord's favor will last. It's only a matter of time until things get back to normal. Or at least a new normal without me in it. "Thank you all for coming to help celebrate this joyous occasion. I am aware baby showers usually occur later on in the pregnancy, but because of these special circumstances we decided to have it on this beautiful summer day. So everyone enjoy the festivities and thank you for being here with us today!" My mother then told me to speak as well but I wasn't in the mood to fake a smile and say how this is such an honor because it's not, it'll never be. She forced me in front of the crowd even so, but I'm nothing like her, I decided to bring a little honesty to the table. What is happening to me shouldn't be celebrated like this. I'll be gone to them and all my wishes and accomplishments will soon to be forgotten. It's almost as if they're celebrating my death.

"There are times in a woman's life when it calls time to celebrate, and finding friends to celebrate with is easy," I started to which my mother smiled proudly. "And then there are times like this and if there are still people by her side, then those are her real friends. We all know what brought us here and the fact that you all still found it in your hearts to come," I paused as tears threatened to fall. "Well you're in my heart forever,"

I said as I raised my glass to them as they looked at me with sorrowful faces. It would be the first and the only time any of us spoke of the circumstances. It just felt wrong to not acknowledge the real reason we are all here today. Though my mother wasn't happy with my choice of words I couldn't find it in me to care. It truly did warm my heart that everyone came out and helped me celebrate this like it was all so normal. I was showered in gifts and praises throughout the night lifting my spirts ever so slightly to the point where I was able to enjoy myself for a little while. I was proud that I could make this an enjoyable night for myself. This was truly a memorable night even considering the circumstances.

On my last day here in the present I spent time with my friends who helped me pack and get my affairs in order before I would have to say my last goodbyes. We transfigured many of my clothing items into popular 40's attire. We also looked at pictures of women in the 40's and decided I fit the part pretty well apart from my long blonde hair....
"Just do it already Daphne!" I yelled as she hesitated to cut my hair. "No I can't! I'm gonna do it wrong!" I was squeezing my eyes shut and clenching my teeth. I love my long hair and now for the sake of this mission I had to cut it.  "Oh come on Daphne move!" Pansy shouted taking the scissors from her and cutting my hair to the appropriate length. Not too short but definitely appropriate for the time period. When she was done I walked to the mirror with my eyes clenched shut. I finally mustered up the confidence to open them and I was pleasantly surprised with the result. "Wow, Pansy you really have a knack for this," I said playing with my now shorter hair. It really suited me well thankfully. "Ooh let me style it like this picture," Pansy said pointing to a picture of a woman who had tight curls and sported a sort of pompadour. "Okay," I said as Daphne offered to do my makeup historically accurate to the forties. Millicent was also here and was helping get together all of my things. I can't walk into the 40's wearing trainers and jumpsuits now can I?

When Pansy and Daphne were done Millicent handed me a puffy floral dress and some heeled shoes. "Put these on. Don't look yet!" She said before I did so. "It's perfect!" Pansy squealed. I turned to look in the mirror and gasped. I looked like I just walked straight out of the 1940's. "I look amazing you guys," I said still in shock as I reached to touch my hair before Pansy swatted my hand away. "No touching! We will help you get ready tomorrow too before you have to go," She said that last part in a weak voice. "Oh Pansy," I said getting up to hug her. "I'll miss you so much. All of you, but you know I have no choice in this," I said before hugging Daphne and Millicent. "So we will never see or speak to you ever again?" Millicent asked tearing up as she had always been the more sensitive one. "I cant believe you're leaving. We've all shared a dorm since first year and now we just have to say our goodbyes and never speak to you again, it isn't fair," Daphne said mournfully. "Well there is one way..." Pansy spoke mysteriously. "What do you mean?" I asked curiously. "Well I thought of this when I first heard about the plan and I was going to tell you right before you left but right now seems like a good time," she said taking out two intricately decorated compact mirrors and handing one to me. "I've seen these before, but are you sure they will work within the barrier of time?" Daphne asked. "Well there's only one way to find out, and besides I did my research," Pansy said haughtily. "That's a first," Millicent laughed. "Hey-" I cut Pansy off. "What is this exactly?" I asked. "We can call eachother through the mirrors! We just have to be careful and not use them too much they are very fragile and old," She said brighteningq up my day a bit. "Oh my goodness Pansy you're a genius!" I exclaimed hugging her. "Well there's a first time for everything," Millicent cackled. "That's it!" Pansy yelled chasing Millicent around the room smacking her with a pillow as I laughed. "Is everything okay in here?" My mother asked walking in and gasping at the sight of me. "Do you like it?" I asked patting down my dress slightly. "It's perfect nice job girls." She said with a smile. "Are you all packed?" She asked looking at my full trunk lying on the floor. She seemed so normal and talked so casually as if nothing was happening. "Nearly done Mrs.Goldsworthy everything is shrunk and stored in the trunk ," Daphne spoke. "Perfect. When everything is done let's meet downstairs for dinner. You all are spending the night correct?" She asked to which all the girls agreed. We finished packing all of my things and I looked around at my nearly empty bedroom aside from furniture and other odds and ends. "Come on Roslyn let's go meet your parents for dinner," Daphne said grabbing my arm and leading me to the dining room. "You look very nice Roslyn," My father said looking at my new attire, "thank you father," I said before sitting down and eating my favorite dinner, baked chicken and potatoes, and for desert chocolate cake, it was like I was having my last meal before death. We sat around the table indulging in our last meal together. It was awkward when everyone finished when we were all sitting at the table mulling over all the words that were better left unsaid. "Girls will you please run up to Roslyn's room for a while we would like to have a word with her alone," My father said to which they agreed and ran up the stairs to my room.

"Roslyn I know you may not be happy with our decision, but do you think we had a choice? The Dark Lord requested you personally and that is quite an honor. I'm sorry this has to happen to you sweetheart, but The Dark Lord is sure to give you a bright life full of riches. For our sacrifice he has promised us a long prosperous life for you," my father said in a sympathetic voice. "I don't understand though if I am sent to the past to live then what happens to you? Did I ever exist? Do you-" my father interrupted me. "I don't want you to think about that. This is our last night together and I want it to be joyous. All has been taken care of," he said in a stern voice. "I want you to know how much we love you Roslyn, and how proud we are of your bravery," he said taking a long velvet narrow box out of his suit jacket pocket. "This is for you," my father handed me the box and I pulled back the lid to expose a silver tennis bracelet. I marveled at its beauty before looking up at my parents. "I don't know how this all will work out, I know as much as you Roslyn, but if you are able to live a normal life which is what I hope for you then I hope it goes swell my darling," my mother said between tears. I began to tear up as well as I got up to hug both of them. "Thank you, I'll always be thinking of you," I said as I tried to think of a life with out my parents. "You will always be in our thoughts," my mother said as she gave me a kiss on my head. "Why don't you go have some fun with the girls. Try to let yourself forget just for tonight. Try to have a good time," she said with a sad smile on her face. I hugged them each once more before trying to do what she said. With much difficulty I corralled my emotions and sucked it all in and put everything aside just for a few moments so I could breath freely. And for a minute it was like this wasn't happening anymore. As I closed my eyes I imagined that this was all just some crazy dream, but the cold night air whistling through the halls acted as an uncomfortable reminder of the truth as I shivered from it's cold grasp. Suddenly I was sucked back into reality. This is my truth, and this is my story word for word of how I came to know evil in it's true form.

The girls and I stayed up all night talking about our favorite memories, and the future. "So you think you'll like marry him?" Daphne asked me. "Who?" I asked obliviously. "The Dark Lord of course!" She exclaimed as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "No! I mean I don't think so." I said cluelessly. "I don't know either Roz but they were pretty strict in the forties I mean I know he was orphaned so his parents couldn't force you to marry, but if anything the headmaster will encourage it," Millicent said making me slightly panic. "Oh stop worrying her guys come on she needs her beauty sleep Roz is to meet him tomorrow. We all need to get up early to get her ready, The Dark Lord doesn't want a slob for wife!" Pansy exclaimed causing the other girls to laugh at my expense. I know they're just joking, but this is my life we're talking about. I didn't see the fun in making jokes about it, but I tried to move past it. We all then proceeded to whisper in the dark about how unfair life was until we fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 3.1K 45
A Tom Riddle love story 《NOW COMPLETE 》 He is not supposed to feel love born under the influence of a love portion,but there are exceptions to every...
36.1K 942 39
Sequel for "Avada Kedavra". If you haven't read that story, I suggest you to read that first because you will definitely get confused with this story...
317K 8.1K 89
~Tom Riddle X Reader Story~ (Y/N) wasn't too excited to start her last year of Hogwarts, she has a hard time getting along with anyone there, especia...
1.7K 221 20
" Go back, Tom! I do not love you anymore." tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I could not show them. He was not anymore, the Tom Riddle I kne...