Alpha's Son And The Vampire (...

By Selcouth_Saudade

(Credit of the book cover belongs to someone else, not my own creation) This is the story about 19 year old W... More

Chapter One: Alpha's Son Of The Montana Territory
Chapter Two: The Lone Vampire
Chapter Three: That Scent...
Chapter Four: Sweet Blood
Chapter Five: Can't Help It
Chapter Six: Don't Let Them In
Chapter Seven: Mate?!
Chapter Eight: Hunting
Chapter Nine: Dinner with the parents
Chapter Ten: Bonding
Chapter Eleven: Time With My Mate
Chapter Twelve: Doing A Little... Research
Chapter Thirteen: Haha... Whoops?
Chapter Fourteen: Now He Knows
Chapter Fifteen: Learning The Details
Chapter Sixteen: Mates
Chapter Seventeen: No More Secrets
Chapter Eighteen: Dating
Chapter Nineteen: Hunting Together
Chapter Twenty: Running Late
Chapter Twenty-One: Evil Mate
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fighting And Angry Mothers
Chapter Twenty-Three: Family Reunions
Chapter Twenty-Five: Possessive
Chapter Twenty-Six: Sleepover
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Cuddling and YouTube
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Breakfast With The Foremans
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Time Alone
Chapter Thirty: Crazy Family
Chapter Thirty-One: A Near Accident
Chapter Thirty-two: Trespassing
Chapter Thirty-three: We're Going To Challis
Chapter Thirty-Four: Seymour
Chapter Thirty-Five: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Thirty-Six: Botched Escape
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Mate's Rage
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Home At Last
Chapter Thirty-Nine: You're Safe
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Four: Kyle's Family

2.8K 109 9
By Selcouth_Saudade

Ashlyn

I smiled widely as I played with Kyle's right hand as he drove, humming along to the radio as I traced the lines in his palm and toyed with his fingers.

"You seem quite happy, did I miss something?" My boyfriend, my mate, teased as he glanced over at me in amusement. My smile somehow widened as I looked up into those beautiful eyes of his.

"I am happy," I said as I leaned over and kissed the corner of his mouth, not wanting to distract Kyle while he drove. His head turned towards me, his lips seeking out mine and I leaned back, snickering as he scowled.

"Don't make me pull over, Ashlyn," Kyle warned with a playful growl and flash of teeth. I clicked my tongue and stared up at him through my eyelashes.

"And be late even though your Dad said be home at a certain time? Whatever would he think?" I asked innocently and Kyle groaned.

"You are the worst," he pouted. I smiled victoriously and leaned in again, kissing him on the lips quickly before sitting back. Kyle chuckled as I stretched then played with the radio, searching for a good song. My leg bounced uncontrollably as I fidgeted with the radio, my body buzzing with so much energy I didn't know what to do with.

"Are you okay over there?" Kyle laughed and I blushed with embarrassment.

"Yeah, I'm just wired... I think it was your blood," I admitted sheepishly. Kyle's brow rose in surprise as he looked over at me.

"You've never had human blood? Well... Remotely human?" He asked gently, tone void of judgment. My heart surged and I couldn't tell weather it was the blood of my mate or his utter acceptance that fueled the burst of confidence in me.

"Nope, only animals. You're my first taste of the good stuff," I winked playfully and Kyle snorted with laughter.

"I'm honored," He said with a bow of his head. Giggling, I leaned over and nuzzled his neck just below his jaw with my nose. Kyle beamed as he intertwined his fingers with mine and pressed a kiss to my head.

As we pulled into the driveway of Kyle's house, I saw a couple of more cars then normal parked in the driveway and an excited gasp made me look over at Kyle.

"What is it?" I asked sitting up straighter and peering around to see if anyone was outside.

"My cousins and aunt and uncles are here!" He exclaimed and parked the car quickly in its place. "Well, some of them," he laughed as he stepped out of the car. I shut the door just as a joyous squeal rang out from the direction of the house and the pattering of swift strides sounded as a girl ran towards us.

"Anna!" Kyle exclaimed, rushing forward to scoop the strawberry blonde teen girl up in his arms. A smile lifted the corners of my mouth as they hugged and laughed happily.

"Where were you?! Do you know how long we've been here waiting for you?" Anna sassed, hands on cocked hips. Kyle sighed heavily and bowed his head in shame.

"It wasn't my fault! Blame Ashlyn," he said glancing back at me with a sly smile and mine vanished as the teen girl's emerald eyes turned on me. I laughed nervously as Kyle's cousin stalked towards me, arms crossed as she stood in front of me. What she said surprised me.

"Hi Ashlyn, I'm Anna!" She grinned, holding a hand out to me. With a soft laugh, I shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you Anna, I'm sorry for hogging Kyle. He was helping me pack," I apologized and she giggled.

"It's okay, I don't mind," She beamed. I liked this lighthearted girl already. We both turned towards Kyle as he gave a shout of surprise, stumbling forward as two tan muscled arms wrapped around his shoulders. Anna was laughing loudly as Kyle stabilized himself and scowled over his shoulder at a grinning teenager who looked about my age but much stronger. The boy's deep brown-almost-black eyes met mine and they lit up with childish curiosity.

"Hey Kyle, Uncle Morgan didn't mention that you were bringing pretty girls over," he said with a wink in my direction. I could hear Kyle's throaty growl from where I stood and his cousin instantly looked at the ground. Smart boy.

"Hello, I'm Ashlyn," I said walking over to the two and holding my hand out, Anna beaming from where she stood at my side. Looking to Kyle for permission, the teen raised his arched eyebrows in question. With a sigh through his nose, Kyle gave a short nod and I scowled at him then gave the dark skinned boy a smile as he shook my hand. His was callused and the skin of his palm was warm but rough.

"The names Jet," he winked and I smiled in amusement.

"It's nice to meet you, Jet," I said tucking my hands behind my back, raising an eyebrow as his head cocked to the side. "What?" I laughed after a moment of staring and Kyle looked at Jet as he himself stood by Anna, an arm slung around her shoulders.

"How much is Kyle paying you to be his girlfriend, because it's definitely not enough," he teased and Anna snorted while Kyle's cheeks flushed an embarrassed red. I burst out laughing and patted his shoulder.

"Nothing at all, I'm doing it willingly," I replied, smiling at Kyle playfully. He smiled adoringly and stepped forward to wrap his arm around my waist and Anna grinned at me, snickering at my embarrassed expression as Kyle kissed my cheek.

"How'd you know Ashlyn was my girlfriend?" Kyle asked looking at his cousin. Jet smirked and crossed his arms.

"Morgan said you'd most likely be bringing her over, and let's just say he adores her and everyone knows it too," he laughed and I blushed, looking away as I fidgeted.

"Yeah and they really wanna meet her so let's gooo!" Anna groaned, pulling on my hand and dragging me away from the other two and towards the house.

"Anna wait up!" Jet scowled and ran after us, smirking as Kyle fell into step beside him. "It's good to see ya," he said bumping Kyle's shoulder with his after slowing to a walk behind Anna and I.

"It's good to see you too," Kyle said contentedly. My smile only grew at hearing the delight in my mate's voice.

"Dad, look who's hear!" Anna called as she pulled me through the foyer and into the kitchen where Morgan stood with two other men who all turned to us as we entered. Morgan smiled widely and turned to the other two men who I suspected were his brothers from the subtle yet noticeable similarities between them.

"This is who I was talking about. Ashlyn, I'd like you to meet my brothers Gasten and Blake," he smiled at me, looking just as happy as Kyle did when he'd seen his cousins. The two men's eyes lit up with recognition and both nodded in greeting.

"It's nice to meet you Ashlyn, Morgan told us all about you," said one man with strawberry blonde hair that automatically marked him as Anna's father.

"It's nice to meet you too," I replied shyly, smiling up at Kyle as he wove around Anna and I to greet his uncles.

"Kyle!" The other man exclaimed, setting down the glass he'd been holding to hug his nephew.

"Hey Uncle Blake," Kyle chuckled, turning to hug who I knew was Gasten now. "It's so good to see you," he grinned. Anna was smiling uncontrollably as she watched and I glanced at Jet as he took position standing beside me, tan arm resting on my shoulder. Looking from him to Blake and back again, I knew Jet was his son from the similar fluff of dark brown hair and sun kissed skin.

"It's good to see you too," Blake said clapping him on the shoulder as he stood back. "How've you been?" Gasten chuckled.

"Great. I've been really, really great," Kyle said grinning as he glanced back at me. My face turned red as Gasten and Blake's joyful, curious eyes turned to me and I swallowed nervously. Jet nudged me forward and nodded encouragingly, Anna grinning beside him as she gave me the thumbs up. I pressed myself into Kyle's side as I shyly shook Gasten and Blake's hands.

"So is it true, what Morgan told us about you two?" Blake asked scandalously, whispering like a gossiping middle schooler. Gasten snorted and elbowed him in the ribs and Blake laughed, bumping his Blonde haired brother's shoulder.

"Depends, what'd he tell you?" I smiled and Kyle grinned as he watched them.

"That you're mates," Gasten said with barely contained curiosity. Morgan laughed as Kyle blushed and I hid my face in his shoulder. There was a joyous whoop of excitement when Kyle nodded and I smiled like a fool.

"That's great!"

"Congratulations!"

Kyle chuckled and squeezed me gently as his uncles laughed and cooed over us, nodding in approval and smiling gleefully.

"I didn't realize how big of a deal this was," I said sheepishly.

"It's a huge deal!" Blake exclaimed. "Finding your mate at such a young age is very rare," he nodded, smiling approvingly at me.

"What is going on in here?!" A female voice demanded as someone strode into the kitchen. Startling, I whirled around so fast Kyle was nearly knocked to the floor. A dark haired woman with beautiful fair skin was standing in the kitchen, fussing over Jet's hair and complaining about how he needed to brush it while he tried to bat her hands away. Blake's face lit up and his eyes shone as the woman who was obviously Jet's mother strode over, her eyes just as bright as she wrapped her arms around Blake and kissed him.

"Who's this?" She asked, finally noticing me as she rested against the island with Blake's arms around her.

"Aunt Kaltain, this is my mate Ashlyn," Kyle smiled and I waved at her.

"So that's what all the fussing was about!" Kaltain smiled and walked over to us, throwing her arms around us in a crushing hug. "Congratulations you two, and welcome to the family Ashlyn," she beamed and I blushed as I softly thanked her.

"Where's dad, I want him to meet Ashlyn as well," Anna suddenly said, pulling on Gasten's shirt to get his attention. Gasten looked down at her and smiled lovingly as he spoke.

"I'm not sure Hon, Kaltain do you know where Phillip is?" He asked looking at her. Kaltain shook her head and Anna sighed then grabbed my hand.

"Will you come help me find Dad?" she asked and I nodded, following as we walked from the kitchen.

"Wait," Kyle called, gripping my hand before I left. He pulled me back towards him and when I turned towards him, he kissed me. Leaning into him, my hand slid from Anna's and I gripped the front of his shirt.

"Hurry back. I don't want to spend a moment away from you," he whispered, cupping my jaw with his gentle hand. My head nodded on its own accord as I leaned forward and kissed Kyle again. Anna giggled and pulled me away, smiling as I stumbled after her in a daze, looking over my shoulder at Kyle who was smiling like an idiot as Jet rolled his eyes and pulled him back by the shoulders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539K 11.9K 59
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
2.4M 120K 33
Being the daughter of the only fox spirit is tough. Other packs think she's human. But not our pack. Our pack knows the truth. But when you also have...
425K 18.2K 52
Book 1: The Blue Wolf Blood, rain and mud filled my nose, whilst ripping, growling and snapping rang in my ears. My wolf was terrified. I was terrifi...
4.2M 128K 63
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...