Drifter | (Harry Styles AU) •...

By EatReadWriteRepeat

Drifter - \ˈdrif-tər\ : A person who moves from place to place. They are but simple wanderers, for whatever r... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62 • Part One
Chapter 62 • Part Two
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
New Harry Style FanFic
Um.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73. (Part 1)
Chapter 73. (Part 2)
Epilogue.
THANK YOU!
Questions?
Another New Harry Fanfic
New Fan Fic
Black Widow
Bringing it BACK!!

Chapter 16.

20.9K 728 321
By EatReadWriteRepeat

Authors Note

Check out my Instagram for edits related to the story, follow me & I'll follow you. 😊

@eatreadwriterepeat

Shoutout to a few readers & also authors here on wattpad check them out!

@sarahsational
@MR_undercover
@betweenthefive
@styles_is_my_life
@FanFicFantasyWriter
&
@YsaMaria_23 who made the amazing new cover for me! ❤️
Vote/Comment pls😊

Anissa's POV

I'm awoken by the sound of my phone vibrating away on the nightstand. I don't even remember falling asleep.

I blindly move my hand around until I feel my phone's cool, smooth surface. I hold the phone to my face and read the notification with one eye open, a text message - from Harry.

"Good morning! Breakfast in 10mins? I'll get you more bacon 😏"

I consider pretending to be sleeping but I realize he's already been notified that I read the message.

Stupid iMessage.

"I'm skipping Brkfast."

I swiftly hit send and set my phone back down after looking at the time.

9:17am

The thought of bacon or any other piece of breakfast food makes me want to dry heave. I decide that I can squeeze another half hour of sleep in before I need to get ready for my meeting at Styles INC.

I drift off into a dream world of bacon EVERYWHERE.

Seriously?

A light knock at the door cuts my sleep short. I lay for a few minutes, silently praying whoever is at the door gets the hint and goes away.

They don't, lightly knocking once again.

I shuffle slowly to the door, tripping on my sandal from last night.

I slowly open the door to an employee dressed in a cooking uniform, and he has a cart full of food.

Uh?

"Good morning miss. I have a special delivery breakfast for a Ms. Anissa. May I come in," the cheerful employee asks. I look at him with a puzzled expression, while nodding my head yes. I hold the door open wider so that he can pass in with the cart of stuff.

"When you are ready for the cart to be removed please call us at the front desk and we will send someone immediately. Enjoy!" The employee says before making an exit.

I walk over to the cart and see a variety of fruits, bacon, eggs, French toast, hashbrowns and orange juice. I also notice on a silver tray there is a brand new container of Advil, 2 Voss water bottles and saltine crackers. And on it's very own silver tray I see a medium sized cardstock note with my name printed on it. I grab the card and open it reading the perfectly typed words.

ANISSA

-Anissa

Figured you were skipping breakfast because you're hungover. Thought I'd have something delivered in case you changed your mind. Take a few Advils and drink plenty of water. Meet me at my car at 12:40 so we can ride together.

Feel better.

Sincerely, H.S.

I should have known this was sent by Harry. I look at all the things in front of me, and I just want to grab everything and toss it out the window. Harry isn't going to make it easy to forget him.

Well he doesn't know I'm trying to forget him .. Yet.

I climb back into bed, feeling nauseas and having the strong urge to cry, I turn on the tv flipping the channels to a Disney Channel movie

Why do I feel like crying? I can say I don't know the answer to that question but I'd be lying to myself. I feel like crying because I feel frustrated with the situation I put myself in. I feel so weak for letting my guard down so easily with Harry.

Weak for wanting Harry.

I then remember something my dad told me before I boarded the plane 3years ago.

"Never forget to allow yourself a moment of weakness, because the one that can allow themselves to be weak is the one who comes out the strongest."

I had my moment of weakness, now it is time to uncover my strength.

I shut off the tv and hop into the shower. Once I've showered I choose an outfit that I know will make me feel beautiful and empowered. I decide on a white sheer long sleeve button up that has pointed shoulders, a pair of black leather pants, a black blazer and some simple black pumps along with diamond earrings.

I then smooth my damp hair into a low bun on the nape of my neck. For my makeup I choose to keep it simple, a tinted moisturizer, a light brown shadow with small golden flecks in it, then some light coral blush, and lastly my mascara, making my eyelashes my main focus, keeping them long, dark & full.

I look myself in the mirror one final time before getting out of the bathroom.

I now feel 10x better, my appetite returning. I eat the food Harry sent me, so it wouldn't go to waste, and I take some Advil.

I look at the clock and notice it is now only 11:20am. I decide that it's probably better I go rent my own car so I don't have to ride with Harry. I quickly arrange for a cab, after I then rush into the bathroom to brush my teeth before I apply my Velvet Teddy lipstick. I grab my black purse with a shoulder strap, my black sunglasses my cell phone, room key and a bottle of the Voss water and head for the door.

The car rental place isn't too far from where I am staying and the cab arrives just on time to take me. I end up choosing an Audi A8 in all black. I sign the papers and thank the woman that helped me as I take the keys from her hand.

As I pull out of the car rental lot I suddenly realize I don't know where Styles INC. is.

I look at the time on the dash and see that it is now 12:10pm I decide to drive to the resort and ask for directions from Harry's father since Id like to avoid Harry for as long as I can.

I arrive at the resort at 12:40 exactly because of traffic and as I pull into the parking lot I see Harry in the corner leaning against his Range Rover with a worried look.

He's waiting for me.

Shit I forgot to tell him i wouldn't need a ride.

I pull up next to him and roll down the window for fear that if I get out of the car he might kiss me, or worse I kiss him.

"Harry, sorry I had you waiting. I decided to just get a rental since I'll obviously need it, I can't ride with you forever," I explain to him as he examines the car. He's probably wondering how I could afford to rent a brand new Audi.

"Oh. Okay, yea I understand, well you can just follow behind me to the office," he tells me, his face shows that he wants to say more, but doesn't. Instead he hops into his car, and I move mine to the side to allow him to pass in front of me.

The drive to the offices is short, and easy to remember. I pull into the spot next to Harry's . I imagined the building to be smaller, but Styles INC. is far from small. I take my time getting out, hoping Harry won't be waiting for me.

When I finally step out I see he is still waiting, unfortunately. The second he sees me step out of the car his face lights up, he then gives me a small smirk as he stands up straight, no longer leaning against his car.

"Hey you," He tells me walking towards me, grinning.

"Hi," I tell Harry flatly trying my best to ignore how cute his dimples look.

"I'll show you to my father's office so you can start that stupid test," Harry says, my flat tone going unnoticed. I give him a nod, removing my sunglasses before I step into the building.

Harry opens the large glass door embossed with S. INC on it. He's looking at me with a smile that I don't return, avoiding his eyes.

"Good afternoon Mr. Styles, here is your agenda for the rest of the week," a smiley blonde tells him, handing Harry a leather binder as she walks over to us.

" Good afternoon," Harry tells her as he takes the leather binder, "Elizabeth this is Anissa, she's going to be interpreting and possibly teaching me." Harry says a little too enthusiastically as he steps to the side so that I am in plain view.

"You're gorgeous!" Elizabeth squeals, "I mean seriously you're going to be Harry's translator and tutor? I don't think he'll be able to focus being taught by you. Are you sure you're not a model? Because you could seri..","Harry shoots her a glare before she continues speaking,"Sorry I ramble a lot. But it's great to meet you." She says correcting herself. Elizabeth has sparkling green eyes and a beautiful smile, I can't imagine how she thinks I'm gorgeous when she clearly is.

"Nice to meet you as well," I tell her mustering all the friendliness I can. I'm not in the mood for meeting people especially people as cheerful as Elizabeth.

"Well Mr. Styles senior is in his office waiting for you so just go on up and knock. I'm sure Harry has no problem showing you the way. I look forward to getting to know you," Elizabeth tells me before taking her spot at her desk again, I give her small smile and follow after Harry towards the elevator.

I glance over at her and see she is mouthing something to Harry as we walk by her desk, I can't make it out.

Whatever she said makes Harry turn bright red, he furiously shakes his head no before giving Elizabeth the middle finger, which makes her laugh, she then turns back to her computer.

"Sorry about Elizabeth, she's annoying, you'll get use to it though. Unless you're like me and you don't," He tells me glancing over at me with a smirk, and a small smile breaks out across my lips.

Dammit.

Note to self: Don't look at Harry.

I follow Harry to the elevator, praying that someone else also needs to use it, but no luck.

As we take the elevator to the very top floor where Harry's father's office is I do my best to keep my distance from Harry, pretending to be occupied by my phone. Just as it seems that Harry is about to say something, the door stops at the 7th floor, letting in someone else.

"Could you please hit the 9th button?" He asks with a slight accent as he steps into the elevator with a brief case. I don't dare look up, just in case Harry decides to continue his intentions of speaking to me.

"It's already been pushed, that's the floor I belong on.That's why it's already lite up," Harry tells the man in a rude tone, much less friendly then his tone with Elizabeth.

The man doesn't say anything back, he simply let's out a chuckle, clearly unfazed by Harry's attitude. The elevator is filled with tension, this 9th floor can't come quick enough.

Once we reach the 9th floor the man turns to face Harry, "You have yourself a fantastic afternoon Mr. Styles," the man says just before stepping out.

Harry mutters the words "Condescending asshole" under is breath, then turns to face me.

"Ladies first," he says to me quickly changing his attitude to one more pleasant. I quickly walk past him, again not looking him in the eyes.

There are only 3 offices on this floor that belong to Mr. Styles Sr., Mr. Wallshire, and Harry, making it easy to know where I'm going.

Before Harry can catch up with me I lightly knock on the door. I can hear voices on the other side, and then suddenly the door opens.

"Hello, come on in," a familiar voice says.

It's the man from the elevator. I step in and he closes the door behind me. This office is huge.

I see several paintings, awards and photos neatly hung on the wall. There is a leather couch and coffee table in the corner near several black filing cabinets and in the very center directly in front of the window is a large glass desk with a flat screen computer and a few Manila folders scattered across it.

Mr Styles is seated at the glass desk looking through papers until he sees me approaching.

"Good afternoon Ms. Vecchiarelli, it's very nice to see you again," Mr. Styles tells me as he gets up from his large lined chair, walking over to me.

He puts his hand out to shake and I do, giving him a small smile.

"You as well," I lie.

"Please have a seat, would you like anything to drink?" He asks signaling towards a mini bar he has on the opposite wall of the leather couch.

"No thank you, I'm fine." I answer walking towards the chair he pointed to.

I'm ready to get this test over with so I can see exactly what the hell I'm needed for.

"Alright then. Well before you sit I'd actually like to introduce you to a huge asset of Styles INC., Zayn Malik. He's the head of our foreign matters. He's nothing short of amazing and I'm sure you'll see for yourself since he will be the one you work with the most, well other than Harry." Mr. Styles tells me proudly, making Zayn's cheeks flush.

I turn to Zayn to shake his hand, giving him a smile for the sake of seeming polite to my new coworker.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Vecchiarelli," Zayn tells me as he takes the seat next to mine.

"You can call me Anissa," I tell him, Zayn then gives me a small nod to let me know he got it.

"Alright well I need to run down stairs to make sure your legal paperwork is complete. I'll be back soon." And with that Mr. Styles leaves the room.

"Alright Anissa, let's jump right into it," Zayn tells me pulling out a a notepad and a pen.

"This will be a verbal test that I will be giving you seeing as I'm the one that speaks the same languages as you," he tells me offering a smile to help lighten the mood, "I'll ask you a question and id like you to answer in the language I used. I will be switching repeatedly so pay attention."

And with that I have the weirdest, most random conversation in 4 languages, making me lose track of time.

" Cuando abrie la puerta vi mi abuela casi desnuda y...." Zayn starts to tell me making me laugh again.

As weird as this conversation has been everything he has asked just put me into a light mood with all his joking.

Suddenly the door swings open, and in walks Harry, his face wears a look of irritation at the fact that I'm laughing with Zayn who he is glaring at.

"Ah laughing. How nice, and here I thought I was interrupting a language examination. " Harry throws the door closed making it slam.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116 0 16
Fluff and cliché, but there's a twist at the end... y/n type of story.
25.4K 173 150
As Grace bumped into some stranger, little did she know her whole world would turn upside down. But will her past let her live out her lovelife?
5.3K 1.3K 46
Mixtli is a teen popstar that has a hard time with her family. As her career goes off its up to her to make a big decision. As she meets One Directio...
777K 6.7K 31
Rhiannon Crookes. A quiet country girl from a small town in England who spends her life hiding behind a fake smile. Her life has been a rollercoaster...