Finding Me - Book 4

By Erin__Lee

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... More

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 1!
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

"Day Off."

1.9K 69 9
By Erin__Lee

A/N: Right quick I want to apologize for not posting yesterday I went to see Avengers and my phone died and when I got home I forgot to post so here's the chapter, late be still.

And if I can finish the next chapter in time I'll post again at 9:15 like I usually do if not sorry. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy.

***

It's Friday thank the lord! We had a half day and classes are over and as per usual that means we're allowed to leave school grounds.

My first thought is taking Jasmine out. But she might have plans with Maggie.

"What're we doing today girlfriend?"

My head snaps up as Jasmine comes into the room, jumping to a stop.

Well that answers that.

"Uh-"

"Unless you have plans then I completely understand!" She rushes out.

I shake my head," no I don't. Um," looking out the window I turn back to her," it's nice out, for once, want to go to the beach?"

Her eyes light up and she nods her head enthusiastically before running around the room, packing things and changing.

With a chuckle and a shake of my head, I stand and start to do the same.

I pull on a black bikini, step into some turquoise and black board shorts, slip on a black tee, and my black Nike runners.

Of course I grab my camera bag. I grab a book(the Fever Code).

"Ready?" I ask Jasmine as I put my sunglasses on.

She comes out of the bathroom clad in a teal and pink bikini, a pink and white floral maxi skirt covering her legs, and black sandals.

"I'm ready." She smiles.

Nodding I take her hand, lace my fingers with hers, and just before we leave I slip on a pair of black aviators.

We stop at a CVS and get beach towels, a little beach umbrella, a mini cooler, snacks, and drinks.

"Do you mind if I go get a friend?"

She glances over at me," um, well,"

"Great it won't take long." I say turning on to the express way.

I can tell she's pissed as I drive. She stays quiet the whole ride there. When I park she frowns.

"What friend do you know that lives here?" She leans forward to look all the way up at the apartment building in front of us.

"Be right back." I wink then get out the car.

Edward the doorman greets me with his usual smile and nod before following me to the elevator and giving me access to the 27th floor.

The doors glide open revealing the elegant looking apartment.

"Yo Yo!" I call.

I faintly hear nails scrape across the floor, then it goes quiet, then Zeus skitters into the room. He jumps up on his hind legs resting his paws on my leg.

"Hi cutie." I say using a baby voice and letting him.

Zeus use to be Momma's dog but sadly when I was born they decided to give him up. Since I was a preemie I needed a lot of attention and doctors visits and having a dog and a preemie is a lot of work. They gave Zeus to Uncle Markus.

Val rounds the corner from the kitchen and smiles at me.

"Hey V." I greet standing up.

She hugs me," hey Em, you takin him today?"

"Yeah Jasmine and I are going to go to the beach and I wanted to bring the little guy, is that okay?" I ask.

Waving me off she goes around me to the ottoman by the couch.

"Of course it is. I know Mark and I took him but he was basically your dog first."

She stands and brings me his leash, a small grey bag, and a smaller black bag.

I raise my brow and point to it.

"Pooper scooper."

"Ah okay," I glance around," where's Mark?"

"Work, he's been with Bay about to make a new album." She informs me.

I nod," sweet. Her last album was amazing."

"Proud best friend here."

I pick Zeus up and he starts kicking his leg and trying to lick my face.

"I'll have him back by 10." I tell her grabbing the small black bag and leash.

We hug and I leave out.

Jasmine is looking at her phone when I get in the car. I hold Zeus in my lap and he wiggles away, walks across the console and into Jasmine's lap.

She gasps and immediately starts to play with him," who is this angel?!"

"Zeus, use to be my Momma's dog but she gave him to my uncle Markus."

"Awe why?" She pouts.

I scratch the back of my neck," I was born prematurely and I needed a lot of medical attention and attention in general and I guess having a preemie and a dog at the same time was too much."

"I never knew that." She muses ruffling Zeus' ears and looking at me.

After pulling my seat belt on I pull off and make my way to the beach.

The smile on her face grows exponentially as we get closer to the beach. 

As soon as I park she snatched up her bag and jumps out, Zeus in her arms.

I follow suit, grabbing the cooler, Zeus' leash, and everything else. Jasmine squeals and beckons me to follow, so I do.

There aren't many people here, yes there are a lot, but not as much as there would be if it were higher than 56 degrees.

She finds a spot near the shoreline, a few feet away from it. I set the cooler and my bag down, then I spread the large beach towel out.

Jasmine sits down on the towel and lies back. I tie Zeus' leash around the umbrella before sticking it securely in the ground and then put Zeus on the leash.

He doesn't resist he just runs around on the blanket, rolling around, and playing with Jasmine.

I smile at the two, and lie back on the blanket, arms behind my head and glasses perched on my nose.

The sun beams down on me, warming my body, I hear Jasmine giggles at my sides before I feel a rough, dry, wetness on my cheek. Then it's on my nose and chin.

Zeus.

Lifting my glasses up on my head I look down at the brown fur ball and lift him in the air. He kicks his little legs and it looks like he's trying to swim.

I chuckle and set him back on my stomach. He stands uncomfortably for a minute and then lays down, curling into himself.

Jasmine smiles and leans over, kissing my cheek.

"I was hoping for a real kiss."

She chuckles and kisses my pouted lips. I bring my hand up, cupping the back of her neck, and holding her there to make the kiss longer.

With one more kiss to my lips, she stands, unwrapping her skirt, and heading to the water.

God she's gorgeous.

I glance around the beach to see if anyone near by looks sketchy, I don't want anyone to take Zeus.

The few people here are about a yard away on both sides of us.

Figuring no one's going to come snatch him, and deciding to keep my eyes on him, I stand and walk to the water.

I wrap my arms around her waist and spin her arms around. Then I walk us further into the water, my waist covered but it's stops at her knees because I'm holding her.

Smirking deviously I move further in then I lift her higher and dunk her in the water. Right before her head submerges she sucks in a breath.

Her eyes are wide, mouth agape when she comes back up and I fall into a fit of laughter. My stomach hurts because I'm laughing so hard.

She frowns and pushes me. I don't realize at first that I've lost my balance.

My eyes widen as it dawns upon me, she smirks as I fall back.

I'm surrounded by blue as I drift under before pushing myself up and out of the water, gasping for air.

"Okay," I nod," okay I deserved that."

She nods affirmatively before crossing her arms and walking back to our spot. Zeus barks and jumps around as she approaches.

I chuckle and lie back, floating on my back and looking up at the blue sky.

It's so beautiful out today. The weather is perfect, wind blowing ever so slightly in this 60 degree weather, water cool, and the sky as blue as I've ever seen it.

Nothing gets better than this. Perfect day off.

After a few minutes I go back to Jasmine and sit down cross legged.

Opening the cooler I pull out a Pitch Black Mountain Dew and an apple juice, handing the Mountain Dew to Jasmine then I open the small grey bag and grab two treats for Zeus.

"Zeus, gimme paw." I say holding my hand out.

He cocks his head to the side then brings his little paw up and places it in mine. I give him a treat.

"Why didn't you guys take Zeus back after you got older?" Jasmine asks.

I shrug," I don't know," looking down at Zeus I give him the other treat," truthfully he was never my dog. I was 8 when I found out about him, my uncle brought him over and I thought he was the most adorable thing in the world."

She leans over, head lying on my shoulder.

Kissing her forehead, I wrap an arm around her and continue to play with Zeus with the other.

I look ahead and see an elderly couple walking hand in hand along the shoreline.

Call me weird but I've always found couples like that really cute. I don't know their back story but I like to think that older couples have been together since forever.

Maybe they haven't but I like to think so, I believe in love that lasts and what better example of that than older couples.

"I love you Jazzy."

She beams up at me," I love you too Emmy."

As if he wants love too, Zeus climbs up my lap and rests his paws on my chest.

"I love you to Zeus." I chuckle rubbing his head.

A few minutes later we stand and walk Zeus down the beach. I keep the pooper scooper with me just incase but he never uses the bathroom.

He trots over to the shoreline and looks down at the water before sticking his paw in. At first he jerks back but a wave comes in and lightly pushes water against his legs after that he goes as far in as he can without being completely submerged.

As we walk he stays splashing in the water. It's when I hear Jasmine's stomach growl that I walk over with a towel and pick him up.

He shakes a little at first but calms down as the towel warms him up.

"Come on, let's feed you, and him." I tell her, taking her hand and holding Zeus with my free one.

When we get back to our spot she holds Zeus while I pack everything up and carry it to the car.

Before we pull off I google restaurants that allow dogs and I find one. The reviews are great, one lady said that when they see you with a dog they bring it water and treats, a few people corroborating her review.

So that's where we head.

Like always I open the door for Jasmine when we get there and we go find a seat, me tying Zeus' leash to my chair.

A waitress is with us in no time, bringing us menus and water.

Jasmine look over the menu and the next time the waitress comes by she brings Zeus water in a little silver bowl and takes our drink orders.

"What're you getting?" She asks me.

"A burger. You?"

"Maurice salad."

Right after the waitress comes out and  takes our orders and when she brings our food out sure enough she brings a small silver dish of treats for Zeus.

Over lunch we eat and talk. She makes me smile so effortlessly.

We finish, I pay, and we leave.

Sadly I have to take Zeus home so I drive over to Markus and Val's house solemnly.

Val sees the look on my face when I walk in.

"Why don't you keep him for the weekend." She offers.

I wave her off," nah nah, he's your dog."

"More yours than mine." She says.

"V I couldn't."

"Couldn't what?" Markus asks walking into the room, grey sweats hanging low on his waist with no shirt on.

"Babe tell your stubborn niece to take the dog for the weekend." Val tells him.

I chuckle," Mark it's not necessary really I'm good."

"She looked like her heart was breaking when she walked in here."

"For Christ sake, Em keep the dog please, bring him back on Sunday before you go back I school."

"Okay," I nod.

"Let me get his stuff for you." Val rushes off.

Markus watches her leave then sits on the back of the couch and looks to me with a serious expression," Lukas and I would like to sit down with you and discuss business, soon."

"What kind of business?"

"That'll be discussed when we meet. That is whenever you're available." He adds.

I nod," I'm free tomorrow."

"Alright well, we'll meet me at my office at 10."

"A.M.?"

"Yes, business and money waits for no one."

"Okay bet."

Val then comes out and gives me Zeus' stuff and I leave.

"You going home or do you want to spend the night with me?" I ask Jasmine.

"Stay the night with you."

So I take us to my house and carry everything inside, Zeus walking in behind us and immediately running around. 

A squeal sounds from the kitchen and I follow it.

Momma is holding Zeus in her arms and he's licking her cheek.

"Uncle Markus and Val let me have him for the weekend. Also Jasmine will be spending the night."

"Both are fine." She says setting Zeus down.

So until dinner Jasmine and I watch movies and play with Zeus. Then we eat with my moms, where I inform them of my business meeting tomorrow with Lukas and Markus, and then we get ready for bed.

Jasmine ends up borrowing clothes from me, and I can't help but think how hot she looks.

She's just wearing my black sweats and a tank top but she pulls it off.

I throw on basketball shorts and a sports bra and crawl into bed next to Jasmine.

Zeus jumps up and lies right by my feet.

"Night Zeus," Jasmine says then turns and kisses me," night babe."

"Goodnight." I snuggle into her and shut my eyes.

I need more days off.

I think before drifting to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 567 25
*BEFORE YOU READ, KNOW THIS IS A STRUGGLE BETWEEN 1RST AND 3RD PERSON. THIS IS OFFICIALLY 1RST PERSON. THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST STORIES I MADE ON WA...
1.1K 68 18
After her junior year of college comes to an end, Parker heads back home for the summer fresh off a breakup. Hoping to focus on having a fun summer...
576K 12.4K 35
where a new tiktok star meets THE tiktok star. and it turns into more than a friendship. girlxgirl ~~ "she knows what i think about" ♡ ~~ thank you...
143K 2.8K 46
You have a boyfriend, but is your eye on someone else? And is it possibly his older sister? Rosemarie (Rose), has what she thinks is the perfect lif...