Behind the Curls (Harry Style...

By Misssophie1997x

My hair was trapped on the rock underwater! I began to panic and struggle for air, my heart was beating faste... More

Chapter One - I hate you Harry Styles.
Chapter Two - Late again.
Chapter Three - A little bit drunk.
Chapter Four - Pancakes and lots of chaos.
Chapter Five - Memories.
Chapter Six - The big race.
Chapter Seven - A midnight walk.
Chapter Eight - America here we come.
Chapter Ten - The first date.
Chapter Eleven - So wrong but so right.
Chapter Twelve - A hidden secret.
Chapter Thirteen - Team Stripes.
Chapter Fourteen - Hyde Park.
Chapter Fifteen - Shopping, shopping and more shopping.
Chapter Sixteen - A beach disaster.
Chapter Seventeen - A tragic day.
Chapter Eighteen - Time goes so slow.
Chapter Nineteen - The secret must be kept.
Chapter Twenty - Ready to go.
Chapter TwentyOne - Winter Lodge
Chapter Twenty-Two - By the Fire
Chapter Twenty-Three I'm ready
Chapter Twenty-four - More than one surprise
Chapter Twenty-five - time to tell the truth.
Chapter Twentysix - a few home truths

Chapter Nine - Lights, camera, action.

10.7K 70 25
By Misssophie1997x

We walked through the small island, towards a wooden log cabin.

"This is where you'll be sleeping."

We all groaned as we piled into the small building. There were seven beds side by side, around the outside of the room.

I can't believe we have to sleep here! So basically, we're filming here tomorrow for a song called Gotta be you, so for tonight we have to sleep on this island Lake Placid, where loads of horror movies were filmed! This is going to be a long three days...

"Lets' explore!" Louis shouted as we all followed him into the wood.

By our cabin was a huge lake. It was an aqua colour and looked warm and inviting but I had seen the 'Lake Placid' films and I didn't want to risk it.

I stood on the edge of the lake as Harry stood beside me. Louis and Josh jumped into the lake fully clothed as Niall dive bombed beside them.

Zayn sat at the edge and dipped his toes in. Bless him, he can't swim!

Harry looked at me and smiled mischievously.

"NO!" I warned, predicting what was about to happen. He scooped me up into his arms and dangled me over the edge of the lake.

"Harry NO! PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed.

"Okay then."

He released me into the water as I sunk under the murky depths. I swam to the surface as I splashed Harry with the water.

"Harry!"

He laughed sneakily.

"Sorry, you just slipped out of my hands."

I grabbed his ankles and pulled him in beside me. He cried out as he hit the water. I splashed him continuously as I clambered out of the lake. My clothes clung to my body as I shivered in the breeze. Josh clambered out of the pool and handed me his jacket. I thanked him as I wrapped it around my shoulders and wandered back into the hut.

I dumped my bag onto the bed nearest the door, as the other's jumped onto theirs.

We then chatted for hours on end, and time flew by...

"Who knows how to make a fire?" Liam questioned.

He looked around the room as no-one answered. He sighed loudly and stood up.

"Well, I guess we'll have to learn then. Louis, Niall and Harry find a good spot. Zayn, Emmie, Josh and I will collect some wood."

We all walked towards the door as we shivered from the sharp wintery breeze. Liam was at the front of the line, being brave as the rest of us walked behind him. We delved into the dark wood. It was about eleven o'clock and it was pitch black!

"What if there's a bear here?" I questioned nervously.

"We'll protect you." Josh said from behind me as he smiled comfortingly.

We wandered deeper into the woods, collecting small logs from the ground. My only comfort was the boys and Liam's torch.

Suddenly, his torch began to flicker. My heart dropped, I'd heard rumours from this place; legends. Some say that the island is haunted by a mythical giant crocodile, which makes me feel a 'whole lot better'...

Liam bashed his torch as it flickered on and off, faster and faster.

I clung onto Zayn who was stood in front of me as we all huddled together. I knew they wouldn't admit it, but they were freaked out too!

Suddenly, it switched of completely. The wood was now pitch black. I squealed as my grip on the back of Zayn's baseball jacket tightened.

"Its okay babe, Josh has got the backup torch." Liam called as he walked over to us and the line became a huddle.

"No I haven't." Josh said quietly.

"Well who's got it?" Liam questioned.

"Louis, had a torch. I saw him with it." Zayn said as Liam sighed loudly.

"Well, it doesn't matter; we'll just go that way." Liam said pointing towards the East.

"No, we need to go that way." Josh said pointing the other way.

"I thought it was that way?" I stated, really confused.

"Oh great so we're lost!" Zayn cried.

I wanted to breakdown into tears, this is my worst nightmare! I have a huge fear of the dark, and the unknown.

"Guys follow me." Liam shouted as we all clung onto each other.

Josh turned the other way.

"No, it's this way, follow me."

I stopped and paused for a moment deciding who to follow. I walked towards the direction Josh went, not wanting him to be alone.

"Josh!" I called out as the darkness blocked my vision.

"JOSH!" I shouted again. No-one answered. I ran forwards but he wasn't there. I turned and ran back to where Liam and Zayn were.

"Guys. GUYS!!!!" I screamed as no-one responded.

I was lost and alone!

I screamed their names again before sitting down and burying my head into my knees.

I started sobbing slowly; we were too deep in the woods to get help now!

"HELP!"

I croaked out as a tear glided down my face.

Harry's POV

We found a perfect spot, for the fire. We sat by it waiting for the others. After about thirty-five minutes, Liam and Zayn appeared looking dishevelled.

I stood up fast.

"Where are Emmie and Josh?"

"We got split up." Zayn said.

"What? How?"

"The flashlight ran out, and we got lost. Don't worry; as long as they're together they'll be fine."

I sat back down onto the log that we were all perched on. I was a little worried, Josh had better protect her with his life!

Josh ran out of the forest.

"There you are, where did you go?" Josh shouted towards Liam.

"Where's Emmie?" I shouted, expecting her to appear behind him.

"She wasn't with me, she went with Liam."

"No, she went with you!"

"No she didn't."

I panicked.

"You mean she's in there alone!"

They all nodded slowly, realising that she was missing.

Without hesitation I ran into the forest, tripping over loose firewood as I ran. I couldn't see a thing, but I didn't care. Right now, Emmie needed me!

"Emmie." I screamed as I ran...and ran...and ran. In the distance I could hear some faint sobbing.

"EMMIE!" I shouted as I saw her huddled figure shaking in fright.

She looked up, and as soon as she saw me she jumped onto her feet and ran towards me.

I opened my arms out as she scrunched her hands up into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her as she snuggled up to me.

"You're freezing, come on let's get you home love." The boys appeared as they ran up to us.

"Oh thank God." Josh cried as the others fussed over her.

"I'm fine now, I have Harry." She said as she wiped a tear from her eyes.

We reached the cabin, as we all sat around the newly made fire. Niall strummed on his guitar as we sang in unison. We then roasted some marshmallows which we had pried off Niall. Emmie was beginning to fall asleep and before I knew it she was leaning on me, in a deep sleep. I was about to place her into her bed when Josh picked her up gently and held her in his arms. He lifted her into her bed and kissed her on her forehead.

When he went back outside I crept into the hut.

"Goodnight Emmie."

A loose strand of hair slid across her face. I swept it behind her ear.

"God you're beautiful."

I whispered as I crept into my own bed. If only she felt the same...

Emmies POV

"It's time to wake up love." I opened my eyes to find Josh stood over my bed. I rubbed my eyes and sat up quickly. No one else was in the hut.

"Where are the boys?"

"They're getting their makeup and hair done."

I nodded and jumped out of bed.

"I'll leave you to it, while you get changed babe." I smiled at him as he walked out of the cabin.

I pulled on my navy playsuit and my black sandals. I placed Harry's locket around my neck as I ran out of the cabin and onto the set.

Cameras were set around the lake and the campfire. I could see the boys getting their hair done by Lou Teasdale.

Sat around the fire were four girls. I sat beside them, happy to see some girl company. They were so pretty and made me feel a little self conscious.

"Hiya." I shouted as they smiled at me.

"Are you the other model for the shoot?" One of them asked me.

I laughed.

"No, I'm just Harry's friend." She smiled as Harry ran over to me and wrapped his hands round my waist.

"Guess what?"

"What?" I asked curiously.

"You get to be in the video." He said cheerily.

"No way!"

He turned me around to face him.

"Why not?"

"You know I don't like being mentioned or seen in the media, Haz."

"I know, but the fifth model is ill."

He pulled a sad face at me.

"You should hire your fans instead of models."

"I wish I could, but it's not up to me. Please do it, it'll be a favour to me." He smiled up at me.

"Harry I can't."

"Why?"

I pulled him away from the girls.

"Harry look at them." He glanced at them and then looked away.

"And then look at me. They're beautiful models, I'll just stick out."

He rubbed his hands through his hair and laughed.

"What's funny?" I asked annoyed.

"You really don't see it do you?"

I gave him a questioning look and he rolled his eyes.

"Emmie, you're beautiful."

My heart skipped a beat as I gazed into his eyes. I can't believe he said that...to me!

Maybe, we have a chance together after all?

Okay who am I kidding, he'll never like me.

"Okay, I'll do it on one condition...teach me how to drive?"

He sighed and then hesitantly nodded.

"Deal!"

He took me by the hand and pulled me over towards styling.

"Here you go love."

Josh was already there, talking to Niall. He stopped and walked over to me.

"How come you're in styling?"

"To get my hair done silly." I joked.

"No, I mean you're perfect enough."

I blushed a deep red. Josh is so sweet and if it wasn't for Harry then I'm sure I'd date him but I do like Harry...a lot!

After styling I get paired up with Harry for the scenes.

The music starts and after being directed we start the scene. Harry starts to sing.

"It's gotta be yooooouuuuuuu."

He then takes my hand and looks into my eyes as he carries on singing.

"STOP." The director shouts. Harry lets go of my hand.

"It's not real enough, we need to see more affection. I know, how about a kiss?"

Harry nods. "Is that alright Em?"

"Erm...okay?" I say a little unsure about doing this on camera.

"ACTION."

"It's gotta be yooouuuuuuu."

He takes my hand and leans in closer. His hand caresses my cheek as his lips touch mine. His other hand tangles in my hair as I place my arms around his neck. Our lips touch again as my stomach flutters. This feels perfect!

He pulls away and smiles at me.

"And cut. That was perfect!"

"You were great love, I need to film another scene but thanks for helping out."

I walk off set, feeling shocked.

I kissed Harry.

Harry kissed me.

We kissed.

I sit by the campfire as I watch Harry and the others singing. Every so often he smiles at me. I can't get him out of my head, it's unbelievable!

After the filming we all sit and discuss the music video, and how excited they are for the fans to see it. We haven't mentioned the kiss yet, so I'm suspicious.

Harry walks into the hut and walks out again five minutes later. I chat with Niall for a couple of minutes before rehearsing what I was gonna say to Harry.

I wasn't sure how to say it but I was going to do it tonight!

I braced myself and walked into the hut.

"I love you!" I shouted and glanced around the room but he wasn't in there.

I turned to walk out but his phone rang. I answered it for him.

"Hello."

"Hiya baby, I just wanted to know if we can go out together soon. I had a great time today, I love you."

I dropped the phone and burst into tears.

Of course he'd never feel the same. Boys like him deserve amazing gorgeous girls not people like me!

I sat by the campfire where I sobbed and sobbed letting the tears glide down my face.

"It's Harry isn't it."

I looked up to find Josh sat beside me.

"I'm fine." I said stubbornly as I wiped my tears.

"You like him don't you."

"NO!" I shouted.

"Come here babe." He held his arm out as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Shhh." He said as he played with my hair.

He looked up at me. His head moved closer and closer...

Harry's POV

I can't believe it happened. It was the sort of kiss you dream about! I literally felt fireworks!

My phone buzzes so I walk into the hut and throw my phone onto the bed. It's one of the models, from the shoot.

I stupidly let her have my number and now she won't leave me alone!

I want to tell Emmie how I feel tonight, it feels like the right time! I check my phone, I have twelve missed calls from the model! She needs to take a hint!

Emmie's POV

Josh' lips touched mine. I pushed him off me.

"Josh I like you, but...I...I just can't."

"I'm sorry that was too soon. How about a meal?"

I guess now Harry was out of the picture I could move on. And Josh was a great guy!

"Okay." I confirmed as he smiled to himself and walked away. I wiped the tears from my face, feeling empty inside.

I feel so hurt and stupid.

Harry's POV

I saw her by the campfire. All I had to do was say those three words.

I jogged towards her when she suddenly kissed Josh. My heart wrenched as I turned away.

I walked into the hut and burst into tears. She didn't like me. Of course she didn't...

--------------------------------------------------------

Please keep commenting, I love you all. Sorry for the late upload :)

Sophie xx

Continue Reading