Chapter Nineteen - The secret must be kept.

"Harry" she whispered from her hospital bed. I looked up at her and smiled as I rubbed small circles in the palm of her hand.

"Yes Em?"

She sat up slowly. And smiled at me.

"Sing to me Harry?" She asked smiling. I wanted to melt at her beautiful broad smile. She was still weak and had lost a lot of blood but her smile showed no pain.

"What do you want me to sing, love?" I asked as her warm blue eyes gazed at me.

"I don't mind, anything will be perfect." I glanced at the clock, recognising that it was 1:22 am.

"Your hand fits in me like it's made just for me. But bare this in mind, it was meant to be."

She closed her eyes slowly as I sang her to sleep.

...."And all your little things."

She was asleep, she looked peaceful. I couldn't look at her, lying so still it reminded me of her future.

Her very small future.

I felt tears forming in my eyes as I slowly stood up, out of my chair. I slid my hand out of hers as I walked towards the door.

"Say hello to the boys for me." She whispered half asleep as she stirred.

"I'm not leaving Em, I'm just gonna get some fresh air."

"You should go Harry, you deserve a break." She said as she rolled to her side.

"No." I said quietly, walking to her bedside. "I'm spending every minute I have left with you."

She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"Harry, I know we'll be apart at the tour but I'll always be here, don't worry. You're stuck with me Mr Styles."

I wanted to cry and scream at the world. She wasn't stuck with me, soon she would be taken from me and there was nothing I could do about it.

Her smile crept back onto her face. I concealed my heartbreak with a false smile.

"I'll be back soon."

She was about to protest, when I placed a finger to her lips.

"I will not go home Em, whatever you say." I whispered as I kissed her on the forehead.

"Goodnight Emmie."

I closed her door quietly, as I walked down the ward. How was I meant to sleep, and carry on like normal when I know this? As I walked past the empty desk, a logged on computer caught my eye. I glanced around at the clear ward, no-one would notice if I used it!

I dived onto the chair and went straight to Google. I spent at least two hours researching endless information on heart transplants. I printed it all out, finally feeling defeated. As I collected my papers, I heard a voice behind me.

"What on earth are you doing?"

I turned around. "I'm so sorry, I was just-"

"Oh...okay...it's fine. Do you want some tea, or coffee. Biscuits? Ohmygod I'm a huge fan of you!" The red headed nurse cried, clapping her hands.

"No, I'm okay thanks. I've got all I needed." I rubbed my eyes, trying to keep them open.

As I walked back towards Em's room, I spotted the nurse who had helped me find out the truth about Emmie's condition.

"Nurse." I shouted as she walked over to me.

I held my papers up, showing her everything quickly.