Chapter Twenty - Ready to go.

"And then these two girls hid in the bin and jumped out at Zayn round the back of the recording studio!" Niall said clutching his stomach as he laughed too much.

Everyone else in the room burst into laughter. We were still in this bloody hospital, but Emmie was smiling more than ever.

To her, she had survived. Her trauma was over.

If only it was that simple.

It was nice to see her with her energy again, she was ready to go home soon.

My home, I won't let her go back to Holmes Chapel alone.

Her smile was broadened across her face as she giggled quietly at their fan stories.

I was leaned against the door frame crossing my arms and smirking slightly. I had to act normal. In fact everyone was smiling and laughing.

Everyone except Josh.

He was sat in the corner staring sadly at the floor, how obvious was he making it! I glared at him.

Niall was sat beside Em on the hospital bed, he was ignoring the no food sign and munching on some cookies; they had become his new obsession. He was either eating or drinking!

Louis was sat on a chair pulled up next to Zayn who was sat on the floor, with his legs crossed.

Liam had arrived earlier but had promised to watch Danielle perform at The Royal London Ballet performance and so he had to leave.

"Joshy what's wrong?" Emmie asked, noticing Josh's odd behaviour.

I twitched at his nickname. I know I'm jealous but he's not exactly ugly is he.

He zoned out of his daydream and looked a little startled.

"N..nothing babe... I'm just erm..thinking..about things."

He stuttered as I gave him a menacing look.

She smiled satisfied as she leaned her head on Nialls shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and continued eating.

She laughed again.

"Ni, you're getting crumbs on me!" She pouted.

Niall looked up innocently.

"Don't blame me, blame the cookies! Mind of their own, I tell ya!"

We all laughed again. Hopefully she was being discharged today. That's why we're all here.

"I'm gonna go and ask the nurse what's happening, Josh are you coming?"

I directly gave him a look for him to come. I needed to tell him to act stronger! Yes inside I was dying, but he can't let her know!

Louis jumped up.

"I'll come with you!"

I smiled, slightly annoyed but I couldn't deny my best friends company.

We walked down the ward slowly.

"Mate, I didn't want to ask in there but where is her family? You would've thought they'd be here!"

I looked at him seriously. This was a sensitive topic to her. I ran my fingers through my hair.

"She was adopted by her aunt when she was two years old. Her parents didn't want her, and her dad..."

I leaned closer to him.

"He used to hit her." I whispered.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Yeah and to make it worse, her aunt died last year! I don't even know how she's coped!" I stated.

"She's an amazing person that's how. She's a keeper!"

I smiled. Every little word made me want to scream. She wasn't a keeper. This secret is driving me mad.

"Nurse!" I called over to the figure by the desk.

She turned and walked towards us, meeting us halfway.

"I was just about to come and see you! Miss Locke is ready to be discharged! Just tell her to rest for a couple of weeks! And no physical activities."

She raised her glasses at me and Louis nudged me snickering.

We haven't even gone that far yet, it wasn't that I didn't want to...I mean I did...a lot! I just don't think she's ready for that yet.

I nodded and thanked her as we walked back into the room.

"Home awaits!" I shouted.

She clapped her hands and jumped off the bed, wrapping her arms around my neck and looking into my eyes.

"Finally!" She said, kissing my lips softly. I kissed her back gently, forgetting about the whole world. My brain stuck in the moment.

*COUGH*

Louis coughed awkwardly as we turned around to find everyone watching us.

I threw a pillow at them and smiled at Em. I picked up her suitcase and held my arm out for her.

"Lets go home!"

She smiled. "With pleasure."

I braced her, knowing how many paps would be here.

"Love, there's loads of photographers outside just try and ignore them. And don't listen to whatever questions they ask you."

She nodded and gripped my hand a little tighter. Her shyness was so cute.

We made it to the back exit, hoping to sneak past them.

We walked outside, listening to the crowds and hustle from the front exit.

The car was on the other side of the car park. We walked a little faster.

"Styles, Tomlinson, over here!" I turned to see a stray pap, throwing his camera in my face.

Soon more and more paparazzi began to notice. We walked faster until the paps burst into a run.

"RUN." Zayn shouted as they all sprinted.

Emmie began to run to but I stopped her and scooped her into my arms. She squealed a little as I ran and placed her in the van. I slammed the door and sat beside her a little breathless.

"Was that really necessary?" She raised her eyebrows, smiling.

"Indeed it was. No exercise for you, for two weeks!"

"Wha-"

I place a finger to her lips and kissed the tip of her nose.

"Don't worry, I'll look after you."

She snuggled up to me and leant her head on me as I stroked her hair.

Everything was perfect.

For now.

___________________

Sorry for the late update my computer broke I had to write this on the app which took forever! I hope you liked it, please comment and vote! 30 votes for the next chapter please! Love you all!

Sophie xxxx