Moon Child (Book 1) ~Yoon x O...

By AresEclipse

❤July 2017❤ Ranked #1 in the #Yona category [18/9/18] [COMPLETED] [EDITING] [Chapter 3 edited 27/08/2020] Jo... More

Tsukiko Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Mia's character profile
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
AUTHORS NOTE (plz read)

Chapter 27

2.2K 74 35
By AresEclipse

~Third person POV~

"Wow! It's a fawn. Nice catch!" Yoon complimented.

"It was difficult trying to jump while carrying it." Jae-ha responded, smiling.

"Jae-ha's legs are really amazing." Yona praised.

"He suddenly jumped off into the eastern sky. So I thought he had finally been summoned to the heavens." Hak teased.

"Hak!" Tsukiko laughed, punching his arm lightly. 

"Well, I made full use of this power when I was a boy...to fly all around Kouka." 

"By the way, you ran away from the village of Ryokuryuu, right? Why?" Kija rather naively inquired.

"Kija..." Tsukiko spoke lowly in warning. 

"It's okay, Little Lady." Jae-ha smiled down at the small girl next to him.

"Why? Would you consider it acceptable...if both of your hands and feet were bound by chains?" Jae-ha felt a grip on his shirt sleeve, looking down, he saw Tsukiko clinging tightly to his robe. A white light was flickering around her as her body shook in anger. The green haired male smiled down at her sadly, and pulled her into a hug.

"Chains?!" Kija shouted.

"As an innocent, young beautiful boy, I was tied up in chains. My milky white, supple body was exposed to the curious gazes of the adults and I was blinded and assaulted within a cage day after day....."

"Jae-ha..." Tsukiko's voice trembled.

"Hold on, don't overlap the pretty boy character, okay?"

"Eh? Eh? What?! I do not understand the Village of Ryokuryuu!!"

"Don't believe him so easily. There's probably some wild delusions involved."

"Hak...don't be so cruel..." Tsukiko whispered, still wrapped up in Jae-ha's arms.

"That's generally the fate of the Ryokuryuu as soon as they're born."

"Generally?!" Kija screamed.

"Well, it's that isn't it? It would be hard for the Ryokuryuu...to stop themselves from jumping around." Hak spoke up.

"Actually, that's it." Jae-ha confirmed. 

"But since you're so quick, we'll be able to track down and find Ouryuu...no matter where they are." Yona smiled over at the green haired male.

"Oh, now that you mention it, the only one left is Ouryuu, huh?" Jae-ha turned to face the group, pushing Tsukiko off of his chest lightly. She got the message and went to rest by a tree, assuming that they would be camping there for the night. 

"Since I've come this far, getting a look at Ouryuu's face may not be so bad. I'll find him."

"No. Leave that task to me!" 

Yoon looked around at the group, two of their members fighting and another resting peacfully by a tree. 

"Well, we're in no hurry. I'll start making dinner. Thunder Beast, start the fire." Yoon told Hak. 

~Tsukiko's POV~ 

Jae-ha had pushed me away after a while. He's probably not that used to that kind of affection. I hope that when we find Ouryuu, that he'll be like the other three  are to me. My family. They're like the big brothers I never had. They remember me, even when my own sister and childhood friend do not. 

"You seem deep in thought." Spoke a soft voice from beside me. I jumped slightly and turned to look at the figure that seemed to appear out of nowhere. 

"Who are you...?" I asked hesitantly. But as I stared into his shining blue eyes, I realised that I knew this person. He comforted me when I was down. He was Ouryuu. The final member of our small family.

"I think you already know the answer to that, Tsukiko-hime." Ouryuu smiled softly.

"Please, just call me Tsukiko." I smiled sweetly. Suddenly I was hit by a force and knocked to the floor.

"You're so cute, Tsu-chan!" Ouryuu squealed. I blushed at the closeness, but I hugged him back all the same. 

"I'm sorry. I could not be there for you." My eyes widened and I pulled away to see tears in his eyes. 

"Please don't cry. I'm okay." I smiled, placing my hand on his cheek and wiping away a tear that fell from his eye.

"I...promised...I said he'd watch over you...that I would protect you...but I couldn't...I-"I cut him off as I pulled him into a hug, holding him tightly against me. Placing his head into my shoulder, letting him cry silently. 

"I forgive you, Zeno. It's not your job to protect me." I whispered into his ear, stroking his hair gently. His grip around my waist tightened as he started to calm down.

"I will be there for you now." He pulled away, a bright smile on his face as he stood up and held out a hand to me. Smiling kindly I carefully placed my hand in his, and he easily pulled me up. 

"Thank you, Zeno." I hugged him again, he hugged me back tightly. letting a small chuckle fall past his lips. Then his stomach let out a loud growl, which caused me to laugh.

"Come on, Zeno." I giggled, and grabbed his hand, dragging him over to where Yoon and Yona-nee had be prepping the food. Eagerly he sat down beside Yona-nee, clasping his hands together and praying to the animal we would be having for dinner. I smiled and went over to give Yoon a kiss on the cheek before sitting beside Zeno.

"Well, Miss...that's splendid. But...Everything that lives...will return to heaven someday. You put your hands together and thanked him. He will forgive you." Zeno smiled brightly to my sister, but his stomach continued to growl, making me giggle lightly. 

"...You're drooling. And your stomach is growling. Anyway, who are you?" Yoon deadpanned as he stared at the blonde haired boy. I laughed at the face he was making, causing him to turn and glare at me lightly. 

"Oh, no need to be concerned. Just passing through. Drool always comes out." Zeno tried to reassure my partner.

"Wipe it off!" Yoon yelled back.

"There was a tasty smell. So I came!" Zeno shouted happily.

"It still smells like raw meat and blood!" Yoon's voice was laced in annoyance. 

"Calm down, Yoon. Stop making such an angry looking face." I said as I stood up and walked over to him. Once I reached him, I placed my hand on his cheek, running my thumb over his cheek gently. 

"You look much more handsome when you are wearing a smile on that pretty face of yours." I smiled as I looked up at him slightly. A blush was quickly placed on his cheeks and he pulled me into his chest rather roughly and buried his face in my shoulder. 

"Awww, is little Yoon embarrassed?" I cooed, my voice muffled by his chest.

"Sh-Shut up!" He stuttered out, causing me to giggle and pull lightly away from the hug. I grabbed his face and looked into his eyes. 

"I love you, Yoon." I smiled sweetly, my arms wrapping around his neck. 

"I love you too, Tsu." He whispered back, his arms falling to wrap around my waist. Slowly our faces grew closer together, only for us to be interrupted.

"Okay! Break it up children! Yoon has dinner to cook!" Hak's voice shouted to us, causing us both to blush and turn to the group, that was staring at us intently. 

"Hak!" I shouted angrily, pulling away from Yoon, and lunging at the dark haired man.

"You're so mean, Hak!" I squealed after he had easily dodged me, causing me to fly into an unsuspecting Shin-ah. 

"Sorry, Shin-ah." I smiled up at the masked man sheepishly. He only smiled and ruffled my hair in response. 

"It's okay...Tsukiko..." He spoke softly. The smell of food hit my nose, and I turned around to see Yoon cooking meat on sticks over a fire.

"Ooh, it looks good." Yona-nee complimented as she lent forward, her hands rested on her knees.

"Smells amazing!" I shouted as I skipped over to sit beside Zeno.

"Eat as much as you want today. There's plenty." Yoon spoke, but he looked directly at me, his eyes stern. I looked away sadly, hanging my head slightly. 

A tight hand gripped mine tightly, I looked over to see that it was Zeno. He had an encouraging smile on his face. 

"By the way...who is that?" Hak pointed to Zeno, making everyone turn their heads towards him, only to see him stuffing his face with meat. 

"Oh...A wanderer? I don't know either." Yoon answered.

"Since he looked hungry, I invited him." Yona smiled.

"By the way, Kija...Do you know anything about Ouryuu? Where he might live? Or any special characteristics he might have?" Yoon inquired. I smiled at Zeno as he pretended to not be listening as he ate. 

"According to the country's founding legend, he's the one with the strong body, right?" 

"Is his body made of scales?"

"Or is he a sturdy man?"

"Hey, you guys! Come over here and eat!" Yoon shouted over to the three men that would stood off to the side. They must be talking about Zeno. Surely they can feel that he is the Yellow dragon. Maybe they just don't believe it because of the way he looks. 

"...What do you think...?" 

"Hm...there's no mistake about it."

"Huh? What's up?" Yoon asked, catching everyone's attention, making them look towards the three dragons.

"Well...how should I put it? It's about that boy there that's been eating meat...for a while now. We think...He's Ouryuu." Jae-ha explained, making everyone's eyes widen, their faces expressing nothing but shock. 

"Hm? You called?" Zeno stopped eating to casually answer them, causing me to burst out laughing. 

"Oh! On closer inspection...There's Hakuryuu...Seiryuu...And even Ryokuryuu! This means...Everyone...is together now." Zeno bowed, the meat sticks still held tightly in his hands. 

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?" Came everyone's reaction.

"Ouryuu?! By Ouryuu you mean the Ouryuu?"

"Why?! Why are you here?!"

"Why are you casually partaking of this meat feast?!" 

"You're all so restless. Zeno is properly sitting down and eating. Isn't Zeno a good boy? Oh, Zeno is my name." I laughed again as everyone continued to gape at him. 

"What's with that lazy self-introduction?" Yoon was the first to speak up.

"I had a feeling Ouryuu was nearby. But he was so close, I doubted my feeling..." Kija spoke, looking down at Zeno.

"Right?" Jae-ha laughed, pointing towards Kija, agreeing with him.

"You...didn't notice...we were close by?" Jae-ha stepped forward to stand in front of Zeno.

"It's not about noticing or not noticing...Zeno is just leisurely traveling. Without a real care about the other dragons." 

"You don't care...?" Jae-ha sounded dumbfounded.

"You, on the other hand, really did care about the other dragons." Hak teased the green haired man.

"You're just travelling at your leisure?" Kija started up a conversation with Zeno.

"Yep."

"Alone? What about your village?" I lent my head against Zeno's shoulder as I nibbled on a stick of meat that Yoon had handed me.

"Left it a long time ago."

"Our master could have come to meet you! Yet you wandered about aimlessly?!" Kija shouted, my free hand found the hand in Zeno's lap, and I gently took it in my own, squeezing it comfortingly. 

"Oh! Right! Your Master...Don't you feel anything anything when you look at Lady Yona?! This is Princess Yona! She is the Master of the four dragons!" Kija introduced Yona-nee.

"Princess...Master..." Zeno trailed off as he gazed at Yona-nee.

"Don't feel anything? Now that would be rude! She's super cute! Zeno's heart is pounding!" Zeno blushed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand. My hand was still held tightly in his left hand, my head still resting on his shoulder. I was starting to get sleepy.

"I know that! That is not what I mean...It can't be...he didn't feel that initiation?!"

"That initiation that even had me thinking, boil me, take me, do whatever you want already....?!"

"What kind of initiation is that?" I let my eyes slip closed as everyone continued to speak. Suddenly I was jolted from sleep and knocked to the floor.

"Above  all, your food was super delicious! It's a precious hobby, to be grateful for the food!" Zeno's voice shouted loudly.

"That should be a principle." Yoon spoke, as he came and helped me up off the floor, holding me against his side. 

"It's nice to meet you. And here's to more delicious food from tomorrow on!" Zeno greeted as he shook Yoon's hands. His eyes darted to look at me apologetically for a split second. 

"What the...He wondered in and became our comrade the fastest..." Kija was dumbfounded. 

"Or maybe because he was just starving?" Yoon joined in, wrapping his now free arm around my waist as I lent against his side.

"He broke your record, White Snake."

"Ouryuu Zeno." Kija called strongly.

"Huh?" Zeno turned towards the white haired male.

"I am Hakuryuu Kija. I possess the power of the dragon within my right hand. If you are a dragon that protects the Princess like us...Show us your power." Kija looked down at poor Zeno. The look on his face is kinda scary. 

"Power?" Zeno attacked confused.

"That is right." 

"Ah, Zeno isn't very powerful, but...my body is sturdy!" Zeno cheered happily.

"Oh, so it was that, after all."

"How sturdy are you?" Hak asked as he punched Zeno in the face. I broke free from Yoon's grasp to run over to Zeno. 

"Hak!" I shouted, glaring at him, as I helped Zeno to sit up.

"Did that hurt?" Hak asked, completely ignoring my glare. Zeno sat there shaking and had his hand placed on his cheek.

"Your body is weak! You're just a regular person! Are you really Ouryuu?!" Yoon shouted accusingly, earning him a glare from me as well.

"No, no, he's just weird! The strength his arm has is outrageous!" Zeno started flapping his arms around, pointing at Hak.

"I'm often hit, too. By Hak's strong fists." Jae-ha spoke up.

"You always look like you enjoy it for some reason." Yoon's eyes narrowed as he replied to Jae-ha.

"Your body isn't particularly tough. Your skin is squishy." Yoon inspected Zeno's arm.

"Zeno's skin is smooth!" Zeno smiled at Yoon.

"It gets dirty sometimes, though." He added.

"The Thunder Beast's body is rock solid. I'd be convinced if he claimed he was Ouryuu." I shook my head at Yoon's claim. 

"I have kept quiet until now, but I am actually Ouryuu..." Hak played along, his face showing no emotion.

"If you were a dragon, you would be the evil dark dragon!" Kija shouted at Hak. 

"Kija...Don't give him ideas." I whispered, facepalming and shaking my head. Hak smirked after a couple seconds, I sighed. 

"Aren't you mortified?! He is threatening your position! Remember your pride as a dragon!!" Kija got up in Zeno's face, pointing accusingly at Hak.

"You say that, but..." Zeno trailed off.

"You neglected to train your body, didn't you? The four dragons must always keep their powers refined and sharp for the sake of their master." Kija began scolding Zeno. I stepped up beside the smaller male.

"Wait, Kija. It's unfair to go around lecturing people about what they can and cannot do with their lives. It is their life to live, whether they are bound by a strong bond or not." I spoke strongly, causing Kija's eyes to widen and for Zeno to grab my hand lightly.

"The Little Lady is right. Ouryuu has his own life to live. Pushing your values onto others isn't one of your good points!" Jae-ha agreed with me.

"But- The four dragons...The four brothers of ancient times have finally been gathered. For the first time since the time of the legend...We have met for the first time in thousands of years. It has finally...been fulfilled...in our time...!" My eyes softened as Kija continued, he truly believed in this legend. He spent his whole life training and waiting for this moment.

"I..! The fact I got to meet you all is...really..." He trailed off as tears ran down his face.

"Awww Kija.." I walked over to him and gave him a hug, my head rested on his chest, my arms wrapping around his waist. 

"Okay, I get it, I get it." Jae-ha sweatdropped.

"The four dragons of legend are now together. That's amazing if you really think about it. But it feels a little too anticlimactic." Zeno spoke up as he watched our group interact with each other, with a smile. 

Yoon stood to the side, opening his arms to me as I broke from the hug with Kija and jumped into his arms. Cuddling up to him as he held me tightly. 

~~~

The moon looked so beautiful that I decided to climb a tree away from the group and stare at it. I don't know why but I've always felt connected to the moon in some way. 

The moon makes me feel at ease, but still...

I took a deep breath and began to sing..

(English Lyrics)

[Can you see the world breaking?

Stagnant tears can't bear falling,
Every colour floods in,
I'm drowning.

What did you leave me here, on my own to walk?
Just ask me once - I will fall apart.

And blue and white and red, they're all
Blurring, blurring into one,
Screaming 'til my voice breaks,
I'm shouting.

What was that dream I prayed for with all my heart?
So tired of running, now here we are

How much of this has to go on?

Am I broken, can you see?
I am broken, look at me!
Though my heartbeat's telling me
I'm breathing, I'm breathing
Don't close your eyes, all of this is yours!
There's no dream to hide behind anymore.
Those final words stuck forever -

ERROR

No matter how much I reach
Out towards that bright sunset,
Fading light slips out,
Overflowing.

What did you change around?
What did you choose?
These shades of tears
Leaves me so confused...

The mind and self are floating in
Memories 'til [now] melts away,
Real? A dream? I cry, smile, you're waiting.

What were you searching for,
What was it you saw?
It hurts - I don't know anymore.

How much of this has to go on?

Am I shattered, can you see?
I am shattered, piece by piece!
But my heart's still telling me
Keep breathing, keep breathing

I see them clearly in a dream,
Those same words that I have always seen.
I'll think of you forever

ERROR

Even if I give away,
Even if I lose someday,
Even if all memories fade,
Why can't you do the same?

Driving me insane 'til I
ERROR
I want to die
Kill me, save me, tears - scream - I'm
Ah! ERROR

Are you the one who's breaking me?
Do you know what breaking means?
Tears are burning, burning me!
I'm screaming, I'm screaming!
Oh, hear the song that sounds like a cry!
Let it reach you, this is my last goodbye,
I'll sing these words for one final time,

But colours are blurring,
Time won't stop turning

Am I broken, can you see?
I am broken, look at me!
Though my heartbeat's telling me,
I'm breathing, I'm breathing
Don't close your eyes, all of this is yours!
There's no dream to hide behind anymore
Those final words stuck forever -

ERROR
]

"You have a beautiful voice Tsu-chan." Zeno's voice spoke softly from below me. I looked down to see him smiling softly up at me.

"Thank you, Zeno." I smiled brightly. His eyes widened.

"Tsu-chan...you.." He trailed off, I tilted my head in confusion.

"What is it, Zeno?" I asked gently. 

"You...you were her.." He stared up at me in amazement. I started to feel slightly frightened. 

"Zeno...what are you trying to say..?" My voice was quiet and slightly shaky. 

"You are the guardian of the moon." My eyes widened, and I fell out of the tree, only to be caught by Zeno. 

"I..what..?" I couldn't think of what to say. 

"It's okay, Tsu-chan. You have nothing to be afraid of." Zeno gently placed me down on my feet, but placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. 

"You have been bestowed powers by the moon. A reincarnation of the Guardian of the Moon." 

"Powers...?" My eyes widened as I remembered what had happened back in Awa

"In Awa...I..." 

"I know, Tsu-chan. You unlocked your full powers during the fight in Awa. When your friend died...Glowing with the light of the moon when you are angry, mad, or upset. Eyes a bright fluorescent purple. The power to end a life peacefully. You are a gentle being just like the moon. A protector." Zeno explained to me. 

"Am I bound by fate...?" 

"No. Unlike the dragons, you are not bound to a Master. Although you're powers are far stronger when you are protecting your most precious person."

"Yoon..." I smiled, and my face started to heat up.

"You love him very much, don't you?" His eyes were fond and soft, a kind smile set on his face.

"Yes...Very much so. He was the first person to every think of me before my sister. I never felt good enough compared to her. I was just her shadow. It was like I didn't exist when I was around her. Even my father did not remember me a lot of the time." I felt so happy, even thinking back on how things were back at the castle, the loneliness, the tears, the heartbreak, I still felt happy, because I had people that cared now. People that can see me. 

"I am glad you found him." He pulled me into a tight hug. 

"You should go and sleep now. It is very late. Go to your lover. He is waiting for you." He pulled away, smiling softly at me. 

"Okay. Thank you, Zeno." I bowed slightly before running back to camp. Silently I crawled into the tent that, me, Yona-nee and Yoon shared. Seeing Yoon awake I smiled and taped his shoulder. He turned to look at me with tired eyes, but they soon filled with love and a smile stretched across his face. 

"Come one Tsu. Let's sleep." He lifted the end of his blanket up, and I crawled in next to him, cuddling close to him.

"I love you, Tsu." He whispered to me sweetly. 

"And I love you, Yoon. So very much." I whispered back, leaning up and giving him a quick peck on the cheek. A blush spread over his cheeks and he wrapped his arms around me tighter, pulling me closer to him. I smiled and slowly drifted to sleep in his arms with one thought going through my mind.

'I hope we all continue our adventures together.'

A/N: Welp that's the end of book 1!!! 

Considering how I've left it, I probably will make a book 2. But it may take a month or 2. I've gotta plan it, as well as focus on other fanfics I want to write. 

Thank you all for your support!! I hope you continue to support me throughout book 2!

Disclaimer: I do not own Akatsuki no Yona! Kusunagi Mizuho does!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.1K 40
"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟." Himar...
17K 477 35
Yuri lost her memory. She doesn't know how. She doesn't know why. She just knows she did. All she remembers is running through a forest drenched in b...
970 114 37
Warriors for hire, Kim Taehyung with Min Yoongi have just been give one of the most difficult tasks of their life. Magic, dragon, and an uncertain ch...
158K 6.7K 31
Age doesn't matter Love is love Note : English is not my first language so please ignore grammar mistakes 💜 most impressive rating ⤵ #2 taehyung �...