Jilted at the Altar

By nav_k21

Ariella Marie Clark knew before she could even walk that one day she was going to walk down the aisle to marr... More

Author's Note
Author's Note II
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Note
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Thirty Nine

6.2K 181 18
By nav_k21

Ariella grabbed a bathrobe and ran out after him. She stopped at the main door and saw the tail lights of his car disappear as the main gates closed shut after him.

"Dad!" She back tracked and ran back in to the house yelling out for Jayson.

"Dad!"

Jayson came running downstairs.

"Jesus, what happened Ariella?" Jayson took in her appearence.

"Dalton...he is gone after Kaden. Please do something. He is really angry. I don't want him to get into trouble."

"What happened?"

"Kaden...he...talked to me today and it..." Ariella lifted the sleeves of her bathrobe and showed Jayson the bruise on her arms.

"That son of a bitch" Jayson cursed and Ariella saw the same storm in his green eyes.

"Please dad. Call him or Uncle Dante."

"Kaden has no right hurting you."

"I know but I don't want Dalton to get in any trouble."

Jayson took out his phone as Kate came down the stairs.

"Sweety...y...you okay?" She came up to Ariella and took her hands, guiding her to the couch. Ariella told her what happened.

"I just talked to Dante. Dalton had called Rose to ask where Kaden was. Rose assumed he wanted to talk. She told him Kaden's hotel address. I am calling Dalton but he is not answering. I am going after him"

"I am also coming."

"No Ariella. You stay here."

Ariella saw the look on his face and knew it was no point in arguing with him. She sat back down and Kate pulled her into a hug.

"It w...will be o...okay" Kate murmured as she stroked her hair.

An hour later and now Jayson wasn't answering his phone either. Ariella paced the living room. She had gone back to her room and changed into her clothes and checked on Elisha who was fast asleep.

Kate had made tea for both of them.

The phone rang and Ariella jumped.

She grabbed it and swiped answer.

"Dad...where is Dalton? What happened?"

"He is in emergency along with Kaden."

"What?! Is he okay?"

"He is okay. I am more worried about Kaden, not that he didn't deserve it."

"I am coming over there"

"Your mom is on duty. The driver is outside with a car. He will bring you over" Jayson told her.

"Alright." Ariella said and hung up.

Ariella closed her eyes. This was getting beyond ridiculous.

Dalton winced as Elaine cleaned his knuckles.

"You need stitches" Elaine muttered as she examined his hand.

Dalton grunted in response.

Elaine started with the stitches. Dalton knew she wanted to say something.

"Mom, you can say it. I know this was reckless of me but you should see what he has done to Ari."

"No. I want to say is that I am proud to have you as my son in law" Elaine looked up at him and smiled at him and despite the throbbing in his hand, Dalton grinned back at her.

"However, you should control you anger. You broke his nose and knocked out two of his teeth and I am sure he has bruised ribs."

She finished his hand and then cleaned the wound on his eyebrow which had split open again.

"He also got in a few good ones didn't he?" Elaine muttered as she palpated along the bruise on his right ribs. "Does it hurt when you breathe?"

"No, I just feel sore"

"Okay good. Your stitches will come out in a few days. I will give you a prescription for the pain meds. Take it easy for a few days"

"Okay mom" Dalton got off the examination table and kissed her cheek.

"Dalton!"

Dalton turned around and saw Ariella running towards him.

She stopped and held back, looking at him. Elaine had made him remove his shirt prior to the examination.

Ariella was eyeing the bruise on his ribs.

"I am fine. Come here" He held out his arms for and she reluctantly walked into them.

"I am going to check on Kaden" Elaine said as she closed the curtains and left.

"What was the need?" Ariella muttered as she placed her head against his chest. She pulled back and looked at his face and then gently took his bandaged hand.

"Stitches?"

Dalton nodded.

"Ariella look at me" Ariella tried to control the tears from falling. Dalton placed his finger under her chin and lifted her face up.

"No one will get away with hurting you. It is my responsibility to protect you honey. I love you"

Ariella caressed his face, careful to avoid his bruised jaw from the previous fight.

"Two fights in three days. Let's go back to Boston before you end up in jail" Ariella said.

Dalton laughed and picked up his shirt. Ariella helped him into it and took his tie and jacket, draping it over her own arm.

They walked to the waiting room where Jayson, Aaron and Elaine stood.

Elaine handed Dalton's prescription to Ariella.

"You okay son?" Aaron asked as he eyed his bandaged hand and then grinned at Dalton while Jayson laughed.

"Dad!" Ariella shot her father a look. "Stop" Ariella didn't like how the men were behaving like cavemen. There were civilized ways to sort out a problem.

"Ariella that man deserved this. He turned your life upside down and then man handled you. He needs to know his place and that is far away from you" Aaron said, his voice laced in anger.

Ariella straightened her back and winced. Her back was feeling sore.

"You should get checked up" Dalton looked at her.

"I am fine."

"Come on." Elaine said and took her hand. She pulled aside a curtain.

"Sit here. I will be back in a minute"

Ariella sat on the examination table and winced again as her back muscles protested. She had taken Advil but it had only dulled the pain.

"Ariella" She heard Kaden groan her name.

She got up and peeked into the next bay and saw Kaden lying the on the bed. She gasped when she saw his face. He looked like a blueberry. He had a bandage on his nose and his right side was battered black and blue. Then she remembered how he had slammed her into the shelf and the anger washed away any pity she had started to feel.

He groaned her name again.

She stepped back and let go off the curtain.

"I know you are on the other side Ari" His hoarse voice traveled to her. "You see what he did to me. His temper has no bounds. What if he unleashes it on you one day?"

Ariella snorted and pulled aside the curtain.

"Says the man who had me shoved up against the shelf" She seethed. Even though she was against all this violence, a small part of her was glad he was in this condition.

"Ariella, why don't you see? He is not right for you."

"I think I should tell mom to get you a psychiatry consult because you are delusional as fuck."

Kaden laughed and then winced as pain shot out from his ribs.

"Ariella it is me. It will always be me. You cannot belong to another man as long as I am alive"

"Watch me Kaden John" Ariella shot at him and pulled back the curtain.

"I am darling and I am waiting for the right time but now I think waiting isn't going to get me anywhere. Nothing can stop me, not even Reynolds and his crazy ass temper."

He said this same threat to her the other day but this time it made her skin crawl and sense of foreboding settled deep in her heart.

Please do Comment and Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 15.5K 32
Grab a box of tissues, your favorite beverage, and get ready to read the emotional journey of Sophia Lancaster. Her heart was broken in the worst pos...
6.3K 378 48
Have you ever experienced the love that strikes at the most unexpected place, like the arrow of cupid went haywire, or like the love potion you made...
1.2K 84 12
Jason is marrying his girlfriend of 6 months and his mom is meeting her for the first time the weekend of the wedding. Jason also has a baby sister K...
848 39 16
Taylor stood in front of the mirror, watching as the reflection of a stranger stared back at her. Gone was the vivacious young woman who once believe...