Humsafar ( UNDER EDITING)

By thescrivenerr

(Can be read as general fiction) Darkness filled her life when everyone whom she loved, left her abandoned. I... More

Prologue.
Characters
1. Her life
3. Bitter moments
4. The Change
5. Accusations
6. Time flies
7. First Meet
8. Dinner Night
9. Her fears
10. Growing feelings
11. Plotting against her
12. Sharing her past
IMPORTANT NOTE

2. Disaster birthday..

3.3K 289 19
By thescrivenerr

Avni reached her home happily and waved at Anjali and stepped inside thinking how happy her parents would be.

Little did she know her happiness was short-lived!

***************

Avni ran inside the house calling out everyone. Aman and Ayesha walked downstairs upon hearing her.

What happened Avni? Ayesha asked her. Her gaze fell at the trophy and the medal in her hand and smiled.

Aman hugged his baby sister. He was very happy for her.

Ayesha was about to join them but her phone rang. She picked up the business call and walked to her room.

Avni went upstairs to get fresh. She was excited to see her father's reaction. After sometime Ashish came back home frustrated. He loosened his tie and slumped on the sofa. Avni came running to him as she heard his car entering.

She sat besides a tired and grumpy Ashish and narrated him the entire event excitedly. But her smile vanished as she saw Ashish's cold reaction. He smiled softly. His reaction startled her but shrugging off her thoughts she went back to her room.

***************

Everything okay Ashish? Ayesha asked softly. Ashish shook his head tiredly.

Everything got so messed up today.. the clients got really upset.. Ashish said while playing with his fork while Ayesha looked on confusingly.

My assistant misplaced a very important file containing the contracts which we signed with the dealers last week.. I don't know what to do.. Ashish spoke. Ayesha placed her palm on his hand.

It's ok.. it happens sometimes.. Ayesha said. Ashish nodded and smiled at her. He felt better after speaking to her.

Just then Aman came down with Avni and took his seat next to Ashish. He asked his mother about the dinner but his smile vanished upon hearing her.

See everything is your favourite.. today you won the football match na.. Ayesha said with a smile as she removed the lid one by one.

Aman looked at avni as her face hung down. He looked at Ayesha in disbelief and ate his dinner quietly.  He wanted to surprise Avni by making her favourites but everything got spoiled. He even informed his mother of his plan.

Aman made Avni smile with his lame jokes. His lips curved into a smile at the sight of smiling Avni.  He was successful in bringing smile on her face.

Soon everyone retired to their rooms. Avni sat on the bed hugging her teddy bear.

Uff teddu.. why does everything happen opposite to my expectations.. aaj ka din toh bilkul acha nahi Gaya.. Avni mumbled to her teddy bear and sighed hugging him tighter.

***************

Few days later

Avni got ready and headed downstairs and saw everyone at the dining table having their breakfast. She wished everyone and took her seat next to Aman.

Someone is late again.. Huh? Aman asked teasingly. Avni shot him a glare.

I missed my alarm today.. she said. Aman looked at her and nodded. He passed her the glass of milk to which Avni made a face. She silently took the glass from him as Aman glared her.

Just then Ashish got up from the table picking up his coat making Ayesha look at him.

Ashish! What is this.. finish your breakfast.. you are always skipping your food nowadays.. you will fall ill.. Ayesha scolded him while the kids looked on. Ashish looked at her and smiled a bit.

I am full love.. don't worry okay.. Ashish said and bid them bye and left. Ayesha shook her head tiredly.

Mumma aaj Saturday hai.. can we go somewhere for a outing today.. Aman asked her. Ayesha looked at her son.

Sorry baby I have work today.. I won't be able to make it.. Ayesha said as Aman nodded at her.

It's ok mum.. no worries.. he replied. Soon Ayesha left to her office. Aman suggested Avni to play video games with him. She nodded in excitement.

Aman defeated Avni in the car racing many times. She pouted looking at her brother.

Come on avu.. don't give me that puppy face now.. Aman said while laughing. Avni turned her head to other side angrily.

Acha let's play again okay? Aman suggested. Avni smiled and concentrated on her game.

She jumped happily as she defeated Aman in the next game. He smiled looking at his sister as her smile mattered to him the most. He could lose thousands games for that smile.

After sometime he left for his classes leaving Avni alone in the house with servants to take care of her.

***************

It was 6 in the evening. Avni sat eagerly on the bed looking at the clock. There were only 6 hours left for her birthday. She was hell excited was her birthday.

She engaged herself in her studies. She was shocked as no one spoke about her birthday on the dinning table. She thought they had a surprise plan for her.

She waited for the clock to strike 12. Soon it was 12 and she peeped out of her room to find no one. Her face fell as tears stung in her eyes.

She walked downstairs as she heard the landline ringing. As soon as she picked up the call she heard Anjali singing birthday songs for her. She smiled and wiped her tears.

Happy birthday my sweetu.. Anjali exclaimed. Avni smiled at her antics.

After sometime she walked towards Ashish and Ayesha's room. She saw them sleeping and then went to check Aman. Seeing him in deep slumber she couldn't control her tears. She ran to her room and locked it. She sat on the bed and started crying.

After sometime Aman came in her room and saw her crying. He felt his heart breaking at the sight.

Why are you crying siso.. today is your birthday na.. stop crying now.. Aman said softly and wiped her tears. He made her drink water and patted her back slowly.

Hamesha ki tarah aaj bhi sab mera birthday bhul Gaye.. aap bhi bhaiyu.. Avni said while complaining as Aman felt guilty.

I am sorry avu.. I remembered your birthday.. I also planned everything for you.. but I fell asleep..  forgive your brother.. Aman apologized while holding his ears. Avni shook her head and held his hand.

Aman brought cake and set it on the small table. He lit the candles for her and asked her to make a wish.

Avni closed her eyes and made a wish. She blew the candles and cut the cake. She fed him the cake and smeared the cream on his cheeks and laughed.

Aman gawked at her. He took some cream and ran after her. Her face was smeared in cream within few minutes. They both laughed looking at each other.

Aman helped Avni clean her face and then cleaned his face too. He brought a small gift for her. She looked at him.

Open it.. Aman said while pointing at the gift. Avni opened the gift and found a locket. It was the same locket which she saw last week.

Liked it?? Aman asked hopefully. Avni looked at him with a huge smile.

Loved it.. thank you so much bhai.. Avni exclaimed and hugged him. Aman smiled and broke the hug. He gave her one more gift.

Avni opened the gift and jumped in joy. It was a chocolate Box. Aman smiled looking at her. He cleared the cake from the table and tucked Avni to bed. He kissed her forehead and left.

***************

Next morning

Aman and avni headed downstairs and saw Ayesha reading a file. They wished her and sat on the sofa. Ayesha set her file aside and hugged her daughter wishing her. Avni smiled.

So iss saal tumhe kya chahiye baccha..?? Ayesha asked. Avni shook her head at her mum.

I don't want anything.. but can we spend the whole day together? Avni asked. Ayesha became tongue-tied.

I.. I mean.. I am sorry baccha.. I have many meetings today.. I won't be able to make it.. and your dad will also be late today as he is in Bangalore.. Ayesha said. She saw how Avni's face hung low. She felt bad for her child but she couldn't help it. Avni ran to her room.

Aman saw how avni became sad. So he went behind her and tried to cheer her up. But he got no response.

Leave me alone for sometime bhai.. Avni said and went to her room quietly. Aman looked at her retreating figure.

Avni splashed cold water on her face and looked in the mirror. She could feel her eyes welling up. Did she ask for something big?

She sat on the bed lost in her thoughts. Just then Ayesha walked in with her phone. She passed her phone to Avni.

Avni smiled seeing Ashish's video call. Atleast he remembered!

Ashish wished his daughter and spoke to her for few minutes. The conversation ended and Ayesha returned to her room but not before caressing Avni's hair lovingly.

Avni felt a little better after the 5 minutes convo with her dad. She closed her eyes and leaned against the headrest trying to get some sleep.

**********************************
Precap- leap

****************************

Hope you guys liked this one! Waiting for your reviews.

Much love ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 10.9K 37
Story of Revenge or lust of neil khanna who wants to take revenge from avni mehta because she rejected him warning : mature story
160K 11.5K 58
My very first book... avneil as married couple and having different professional. Peep into it! Hope you enjoy this book! 😊 COMPLETED ON 3RD MAY...
42.1K 4.2K 19
Avni has lost her memory and wants to leave but Neil wont let her go and is determined to remind her of their love. Will he succeed or is their love...
229K 18.1K 46
Girl - Would you able to name our relationship. What if you break my heart ? ( her breathe is hitched ) . Boy - ( while kissing her neck) The day I f...